Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Re: Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Postby The Jester » 24 Jul 2012, 12:43

Psyclone wrote:Fucking virus. I turn my computer on for the first time in a WEEK, try one google search, and suddenly all of my programs are paralyzed by this fake antivirus. Grrr. And of course all of the 'how to remove' things just want you to use their tools WHICH I CAN'T DOWNLOAD BECAUSE THIS MALWARE WON'T LET ME ACCESS THE INTERNET.

The usual way around that is to start your computer up in safe mode with networking and then download something like MalwareBytes or hell, even Microsoft Security Essentials is pretty good.

Then leave your computer running the anti-virus scan in safe mode while you go off and do something else for a while.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 24 Jul 2012, 13:12

I don't know what to suggest TheRocket. Both you and I know what it feels like, but fortunate for both of us, our parents survived. I know I at least wanted to feel loved (not in a sexual way but in a friendship way) when my mum was having treatment and recovering. I'm sure she still would feel the same.
---
Why hasn't this shop got back to me? I gave in my CV as asked. They said they were doing interview that week. I never heard anything. I sent a message on Facebook. Nothing. zip. I bet the person I gave the CV in to was an idiot and lost it. Grr
Fenrir
First Video: LRRcast for Interrupted Garage

Postby Fenrir » 24 Jul 2012, 23:33

How fucking hard is it to pay me TWO DAYS worth of overtime pay? Huh? Seriously! This is getting fucking ridiculous now. Especially since one of those days is from back in FEBRUARY!

EDIT: Also....WHAT THE FUCK HAS A GUY GOTTA DO AROUND HERE TO GET HIRED FOR SODDING FULL TIME PISSING WORK! This is getting bloody ridiculous now. (Read: I was, once again, passed over for a job I interviewed for.)
"Sing something new, I have nothing left. I can't face the dark without you."

: Fenrir - DB IRC : LRRFenrir - TwitchTV : @the_dismuke - Twitter :

Wraith
First Video: Canadian Approval Board

Postby Wraith » 25 Jul 2012, 05:51

I need to leave. Seriously. I need to go. I have got to get the hell out of here. Now.

I try so hard not to judge people based on the fact that if I mention anything computer related, their response tends to be not just ignorant, but flat-out dumb. But right now? Right now, I'm sitting here listening to these three ladies yammer, and the conversation has gone from how "brilliantly well written" Fifty Shades of Grey is, to the latest gossip on Yahoo.

As of now, I'm no longer doubting my instinct. Your problem isn't that "you are not a computer person." Your problem is that you are not a smart person.

It's like a cavalcade of stupid. Please, for the love of all that is good and pure, somebody get me out of here.
-Wraith
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 25 Jul 2012, 06:19

A lady wanted to donate a pram, damaged sofa cushions, stained cushions, dirty blankets and electrical to Oxfam today.
We are not a junk yard and there's a thing called Health-and-Safty with things like second hand electricals and prams. You're meant to be grateful of the donation, but at the end of the day, it wasted our time dispatching thr crap, taking the electricals to next door's shop where they have a PAT tester and general nuiscence of helping to take in the shit into the shop. So, she can fuck off :D
Imagine how many starving African children died because of the extra hassle that lady caused us.
Last edited by Merrymaker_Mortalis on 25 Jul 2012, 06:19, edited 1 time in total.
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 25 Jul 2012, 06:19

Being an introvert can really suck at times.
CtMolloy

Postby CtMolloy » 25 Jul 2012, 06:29

Wraith wrote:I need to leave. Seriously. I need to go. I have got to get the hell out of here. Now.

I try so hard not to judge people based on the fact that if I mention anything computer related, their response tends to be not just ignorant, but flat-out dumb. But right now? Right now, I'm sitting here listening to these three ladies yammer, and the conversation has gone from how "brilliantly well written" Fifty Shades of Grey is, to the latest gossip on Yahoo.

As of now, I'm no longer doubting my instinct. Your problem isn't that "you are not a computer person." Your problem is that you are not a smart person.

It's like a cavalcade of stupid. Please, for the love of all that is good and pure, somebody get me out of here.

I don't want to be negative... but I don't think getting out of there is going to help. Stupid people are EVERYWHERE.
I'm sorry.

I was going to complain about stupid people too.
I was quite annoyed by someone today who was insisting that you should always give insulin to a diabetic that has passed out and that diabetes is all the same and can be cured if you just lose weight "cos that's what ol' mate on the tv said"
I have to make a note of these people, I'm a type 1 diabetic and I am kind of scared that if for some reason my blood sugar drops and I pass out they will kill me.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 25 Jul 2012, 06:35

Just carry a card in your hand with which says "DON'T TOUCH ME IF YOU ARE AN IDIOT, GET A CERTIFIED DOCTOR" like Granny Weatherwax does, but that's "I AENT DED" and with her borrowing the mind of an animal; in Discworld.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 25 Jul 2012, 10:24

This is a minor, stupid, first world problems vent, but still; I am frustrated.

I have no sketch pads. Nowhere are there any. What the hell, past me? How did you let the sketchpad situation get this dire? What were you thinking!?

And now it's too late in the day to go get some more. I shall have to make do with the backs of envelopes and things. :?
plummeting_sloth
First Video: three PS3s

Postby plummeting_sloth » 25 Jul 2012, 10:37

In Xzibit fashion, I would like to vent against the damn vent in this office. They have rusted open and I'm freezing up here. Dammit vents!
He habitually wears an expression as if he had determined to drive his head through a brick wall, and was about to do it (Description of U.S. Grant)
Elomin Sha wrote:I love the smell of napalm'd sloths in the morning.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 25 Jul 2012, 11:10

Real First World Problem here:

So, I'm in the song selection screen - you can see my login at the header - before I actually play a song in Audiosurf...

...but I'm *also* playing the very same song? And I'm already near the end already?

Either this is a glitch in the server side of monitoring things, or someone's hacking my account...or I've managed to find some sort of temporal discontinuity? :P

Regardless, the befuddlement it is creating is stifling my mood to play this game. :(
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 25 Jul 2012, 12:02

I've had the same thing happen a couple of times. I don't really keep a close eye on my scores or anything, but it hasn't ever caused any problems that I've seen.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Fenrir
First Video: LRRcast for Interrupted Garage

Postby Fenrir » 25 Jul 2012, 12:27

It's been so ridiculously hot the last couple of days that I can't seem to keep my focus and keep ending up with bloody headaches. So much for trying to be productive. T_T
"Sing something new, I have nothing left. I can't face the dark without you."

: Fenrir - DB IRC : LRRFenrir - TwitchTV : @the_dismuke - Twitter :

Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 25 Jul 2012, 15:15

Sweets (candy) that makes your mouth hurt due to:
Agitating sensitive teeth:
Eroding the inside of your mouth due to friction
Corroding the inside of your mouth due to using acid to simulate sourness

At least with cake your mouth won't be bleeding afterwards.
Ottoman

Postby Ottoman » 25 Jul 2012, 18:58

Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:Eroding the inside of your mouth due to friction
Corroding the inside of your mouth
Amen to that.

You can't have sourness without acid, though.
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 26 Jul 2012, 00:28

Being accused, however politely, of something I didn't do and have no reason to do is somewhat irritating.
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 26 Jul 2012, 02:33

So I've now got a chest infection on top of my lung problems. And my ever so helpful friend decided to go on a big rant saying "Just tell yourself you feel good! You're making it worse by thinking it's bad!"

Well he was not happy when I decided to phone up his doctor, tell them that he had found the cure for the flu and that it's telling yourself that you actually feel good and tossing the phone back at him with a doctor in hysterics.

If that bullshit worked I'd have got my master's degree and be running my own music school now rather than battling with this fucking thing for three years. Useless motherfucker.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 26 Jul 2012, 08:05

I find that people who take the 'power of optimism' thing too far need to be penetrated by sharp objects.
---
I'm also timing how long it takes my 'friends' on Mumble to mute themselves or move channel when I connect to the server. It's never exceeded 1 minute so far.
I hope there's good reasons for this, as it heavily implies that they're being huge cocks. And if it's because of something I may have said or done, then they're huge massive hypocrites and they say and do worse things than me. Take 'humorous' passive homophobia or racism! I'm probably over-reacting, but, as I don't know the situation, I am entitled to get the wrong impression.
Timelady
First Video: Deeply Religious

Postby Timelady » 26 Jul 2012, 09:14

Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:I find that people who take the 'power of optimism' thing too far need to be penetrated by sharp objects.

Who needs sharp objects when you have smallpox blankets? :P Positive think that away!

Darkobra, I have been there. Don't let his shit get you down. Whatever you do, don't let him convince you that it's all in your head. I'm probably projecting, but it just...well, it makes me feel like shit when somebody tries to pull that, anyway. Good wishes, and I hope the flu decides to move on from you soon.
AmazingPjotrMan wrote:Bacon is not a chronological entity.
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 26 Jul 2012, 10:31

Thanks Timelady. They did at one point convince me it was in my head so I forgot about it. Guess what? It hit me just as hard.

So either me and six doctors are aware of my problems or those lot are amazing psychiatrists from studying... the exact same music course I did... Huh!
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 26 Jul 2012, 16:36

... Why the hell did you give me an availability sheet to fill in if you're just going to ignore it?
Ottoman

Postby Ottoman » 26 Jul 2012, 16:47

To give you that greatest of treasures, which is called Hope.
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 26 Jul 2012, 23:18

So on top of my current infection and problems with my lungs, I found a lump in my arm pit. Just hope the doctor can see me today. And none of this two week wait thing. I mean I'll probably be better in two weeks!
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 27 Jul 2012, 02:11

Just tried to download an album on iTunes, but when I went to listen to it, all the songs are only half there. About halfway through the song, it suddenly skips to the next one. It lists the full length of the song, but it "finishes" only about halfway through. If I try to skip to a later part of the song, it immediately goes to the next song. It's really bizarre and I don't understand it. I am also very frustrated because I bought the album so I could actually LISTEN to it, damn it.
Ottoman

Postby Ottoman » 27 Jul 2012, 02:41

I suppose it would be stupid of me to ask if you've tried, say, deleting and re-downloading them?

Yeah, that would probably be stupid of me.

Return to “General Discussion”