Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Re: Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 01 Mar 2013, 10:03

That does indeed seem like a fairly good summary
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 01 Mar 2013, 13:17

I think you need two more F's in your summation.

(big hug)

If it helps any to think about, nearly every university student ever has forgotten some important date or had the wrong for day for a test or paper and we all survive. Take a deep breath, do the best you can, and then move on and do as good as you can on future assignments and tests.

as for the job I bet you get it anyways, cause you are good enough, you are smart enough, and dog gon it, people like you.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
TorachiKatashi

Postby TorachiKatashi » 01 Mar 2013, 21:20

I think I'd be more tempted to hire someone who had to reschedule an interview due to an exam than I would be someone who just blew off their exam.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 02 Mar 2013, 00:10

...it's four in the fucking morning, and I can't sleep for still dwelling on it. And everyone else involved has blown it off and moved on, but *I* can't...
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 02 Mar 2013, 00:10

So, I had a mixed day today. Won FNM, which is great... but I also cracked my windshield. And not just a small one. A long, thin one which goes along most of the glass. It doesn't interfer with my driving at all (the only time I can even see it when looking out the road is looking out the passanger's side, and even then it's barely there). But I'll likely have to get it replaced anyways.

I don't even know HOW it happened. I was driving down the road, there was a loud CRACK, but I ignored it. A few minutes later my friend asked if that was a crack. I looked and it was. Not only that, but it was spreading. So it had JUST happened. Had me worried, but still ended up going to FNM anyways. I didn't see anything hit the windshield. The only thing odd was that I had a lot of trouble getting out of my driveway due to ice. I think trying to force my way out might have beaten up the car. But the crack happened about ten minutes after I left... so I dunno. I just can't think of what else it could have been.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 02 Mar 2013, 01:26

It MAY have just been cumulative stresses of expansion and contraction from heating and chilling (even in summer between day and night) over however long the windshield's been installed; scraping snow and ice off of it would add some wear and tear. But eventually, all it takes is one more day of cold temps and running the defroster and the temperature differential between the inside and outside edges gets greater than the elasticity and durability of the glass and >snap< :(

It's as I say: "Everything man-made breaks...including promises."
no, seriously...Google it
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 02 Mar 2013, 15:37

Most likely, but it still made me worry. Plus driving with a cracked windshield could have gotten me pulled over if I'm not mistaken. Likely just a fixit ticket, but still. But thankfully I didn't, the windshield didn't break, and hopefully things will go alright for that whole situation.
Drdiggit42
First Video: Bagel Time

Postby Drdiggit42 » 02 Mar 2013, 16:20

I doubt it's possible given your description, but be sure to check if the crack can be filled. It's much cheaper to get a crack filled than to replace the whole thing.
All problems can be solved by trebuchets and/or fire.

When you're a pessimist there are only good surprises.

Steam ID - DrDiggit42(Currently: Indignity: ■■■■■) Add me if you like.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 02 Mar 2013, 16:31

Filling isn't possible I think. My pop looked it over (he's worked as an automitive person for I believe 30+ years now), and he said it's just going to have to be replaced.

It happens though. Apparently it was likely just a rock or something that hit the windshield. It sucks, but it's not that bad. Just something that kind of sucks.

What IS bad, and I want to vent about, is what I learned today. My uncle is sick, might have cancer, and is constantly in pain. He's on the same stuff they give gun-shot victims from what I've been told. I hope he's alright, but for some reason I doubt it. :(
TorachiKatashi

Postby TorachiKatashi » 02 Mar 2013, 21:32

A solid two weeks I went without a headache of any kind, but of course, the day before my birthday, here comes a migraine which I can already tell is going to have me spending the next three days in bed alternating between throwing up and crying.

So much for dinner reservations.
cuddlyblade
First Video: reduce your footprint

Postby cuddlyblade » 02 Mar 2013, 23:48

So finally found out why one if my friends has been acting weird around me. He's blaming me for ruining his chances of having a relationship with a girl who isn't even interested in him and who I've never meat or spoken to ever. Last year I told my family some other people that I was Bisexual and had been dating another guy for quite sometime. He was one of the first people I told. Apparently he really didn't know how to deal with this and had trouble getting past it so he talked to her about it. According to him this helped him get passed it but he also at some point in this conversation asked her out and she told him she wasn't interested in him in that way. Through some baffling logic he's decided to apply to this situation he's decided that apparently because we found this out due to me that it's my fault and that I ruined his chances with her.

Some fucking people really make me rethink if this whole friendship thing is really worth it.
Trust me, I'm a scientist.
TorachiKatashi

Postby TorachiKatashi » 03 Mar 2013, 04:46

Maybe (and y'know, this is just a possibility,) she isn't interested in him because the fact that he "didn't know how to deal with it" and "had trouble getting passed it" revealed how much a colossal, self-centered tool he is?

I mean, if someone came to me all broken up because they just found out one of their friends likes mayonnaise and Miracle Whip and he was just so torn up inside about it, that's probably not a person I'd be going out of my way to have conversations with in the future. For my own sake.

Just a thought.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 03 Mar 2013, 10:02

You'd be amazed how willing people can be to blame everything except themselves, in every conceivable situation.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
cuddlyblade
First Video: reduce your footprint

Postby cuddlyblade » 03 Mar 2013, 10:34

TorachiKatashi wrote:Maybe (and y'know, this is just a possibility,) she isn't interested in him because the fact that he "didn't know how to deal with it" and "had trouble getting passed it" revealed how much a colossal, self-centered tool he is?

It's possible I guess. Not the impression I got but then again I only heard what he had to say.

My pseudonym is Ix wrote:You'd be amazed how willing people can be to blame everything except themselves, in every conceivable situation.
I dunno about being amazed about that, I'm pretty familiar, though I do agree.
Trust me, I'm a scientist.
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 03 Mar 2013, 12:43

Weddings.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 03 Mar 2013, 13:39

Haha! You say that now!
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 03 Mar 2013, 15:02

I suspect I'll be saying it repeatedly for the next year and a half or so.
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 03 Mar 2013, 17:56

Nexus 7 screen's cracked. X(
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 04 Mar 2013, 06:16

Need to find my Gameboy Colour/Advance to test my old gameboy games.
Since DS isn't backwards compatible with Gameboy Colour cartridges.

It's in the loft somewhere. So is everyone else's shit.
The loft was 'redone' to be more efficient. Sadly it means there's more shit up there. Feels like putting stuff up there is essentially chucking it since you will NEVER FIND IT AGAIN.

I need to test my old game boy games because I want to sell them. And if they stopped working, I can be in trouble.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 04 Mar 2013, 10:31

^ such was the fate of my Citadel painting station, all my citadel paints, brushes, sand, glue and space marine codex.

I have had to obtain new paints and glue but I'm still holding out hope that the painting station can still be found.

Tidying up is one thing. Accessibility seems to be something completely different.
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
TorachiKatashi

Postby TorachiKatashi » 04 Mar 2013, 13:54

I'm fairly certain that my mom has access to some hidden area of the house that the rest of us have no knowledge of. That's the only way I can explain where half the shit goes in my house when she "cleans."
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 04 Mar 2013, 14:11

at least I saw my cuddly toys up there. I was worried they'd have gone.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 04 Mar 2013, 14:24

TorachiKatashi wrote:I'm fairly certain that my mom has access to some hidden area of the house that the rest of us have no knowledge of. That's the only way I can explain where half the shit goes in my house when she "cleans."

Mine does. The rest of us call it the bin. "Oh, I thought you didn't need that anymore" :|
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 04 Mar 2013, 15:15

Ugh. Con Flu.
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 04 Mar 2013, 15:26

Dutch guy wrote:
TorachiKatashi wrote:I'm fairly certain that my mom has access to some hidden area of the house that the rest of us have no knowledge of. That's the only way I can explain where half the shit goes in my house when she "cleans."

Mine does. The rest of us call it the bin. "Oh, I thought you didn't need that anymore" :|

My mother was cleaning my room...

I had a complete set of the 24 star wars prequel Pepsi cans. I also had all 4 gold cans, the rare "Destiny" Pepsi can, and a Jar Jar Binks and a Qui-Gon Jinn "Storm" AND "storm light" The only thing I was missing was the gold Yoda "storm" can which from what I could tell they all got turned in for the reward no one kept them.

One of the pepsis sprung a leak "allegedly" so she opened them all dumped them and took them back for the 10 cent deposit.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!

Return to “General Discussion”