Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Re: Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Postby Dutch guy » 16 Mar 2013, 12:01

GAHHHHHHHH, It´s cold as HELL outside and yet, somehow, a mosquito managed to make it into my bedroom and inject it´s saliva into my arm. TWICE! AND IT ITCHES LIKE HELL. RAAAAAAAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
General Michi
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby General Michi » 17 Mar 2013, 09:25

I just bought Far Cry 3 on Steam and, when I went to install it, it installed UPlay on my computer. "That's ok" I thought. "Sure, I already have an account because of Assassin's Creed 2".

Then when the game finishes installing it opens up UPlay and asks for the CD key. "Um, alright, I don't see why they need to confirm that I didn't steal their game if I bought it on steam but whatever".

I enter in the CD key, it gets confirmed then I get brought to the "My Games" section where, at the bottom of the screen THEY ADVERTISE THEIR GAMES ON STEAM. WHAT WAS THE POINT IN ANY OF THIS IF YOU'RE ADVERTISING A METHOD OF PURCHASE THAT ALREADY HAS IT'S OWN DRM. JESUS CHRIST GUYS.
We put the brick on the accelerator.

Image Image

Twitter Steam Tumblblar
Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 17 Mar 2013, 09:38

Why do you think EA pulled a lot of their games off Steam? They wanted to make Origin something slightly more worthwhile.

Having also just fired up Far Cry 3 this is my first full interaction with uPlay and it just seems so pointless.
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 17 Mar 2013, 10:01

Okay, well, this is sort of a weird thing to admit on a forum but I have elevated testosterone levels. My GP said said it wasn't high enough to be much concern but I take what she says with a grain of salt as she's been trying to get me to take birth control pills since I was 15 no matter what I said or how I felt.

Speaking of BC pills, that's basically the only treatment for high testosterone. Unfortunately, due to my body chemistry it seems, even the low-dose pills nauseate me, make my blood feel like syrup, and make me uncontrollably weepy. I was crying once and my dad asked what was wrong. I didn't even know, all I knew was I was crying for some reason. Sometimes my limbs would fall asleep despite having full circulation. It was awful.

So I kinda have to live with it. Some studies I've read suggest that testosterone in women can diminish after their early 20s, which I'm hoping may happen for me. However, high testosterone in women has also been linked to Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, and my grandmother died of ovarian cancer (I don't know if she had PCOS). I don't seem to have any of the other symptoms other than those correlated with high testosterone, however.

But even those are a bit difficult to live with. I don't sound like it over microphone (for those who have spoken to me) but my voice is pretty low. I'm also still acne-ridden at 20.

But the thing that's prompting me to post this in the venting thread, is that another symptom of high testosterone ... is hirsutism.

I grow seemingly abnormal amounts of hair. I shave my face every couple days or else I grow a lady moustache, I have thick, heavy eyebrows, and the hair down my arms is growing thicker. I'm sick of it. I can't afford much in the way of treatments and as I said before, BC pills are out.

Just ... why do I have to be like this? I know it's stupid and shallow to be upset but I do go to a school mostly full of women and most of the women are young and conventionally attractive, and here I am turning into some sort of yeti. And an acne-covered yeti at that.

I don't know, I'm just frustrated. It really hurts looking in the mirror sometimes is all.

Also, after having my mental processes thrown out of whack by the pills, I've come to wonder exactly how much of my personality is so-called "free will" and how much am I just a manifestation of chemicals influencing cells. Back when my testosterone was lower I was a very different person, and now I'm ... like this. Who am I, really?
guidance
First Video: Omni-Lingual

Postby guidance » 17 Mar 2013, 11:31

My medication for crohn's diseases is around $250 a month(6 mercaptopurine). I can't afford that, so i need to use my schools insurance plan since neither of my parents have insurance right now.

Went to go pick up the medication and it's not covered by my plan. Emailed the plan provider and I could not understand anything they wrote.

After reading the email several times I concluded that they have a list of medication they do cover. I need to find an alternative medication, prove that I have tried it and it doesn't work and that I need the one that I am currently on.

This wouldn't be to bad if this wasn't the 1 medication for crohn's at this level. The only way to get different medication is if this one stops working and my GI decides the only way to fix it is to go on really strong medication that requires self injection every few weeks, or a visit to the hospital every month.

I decide to look up on this list anyways. See if there are other medications I haven't heard of.

"Hey look the list has one result for my disease, 6 mercaptopurine...... fuck"
"My scythe--I like to keep it next to where my heart used to be"
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 17 Mar 2013, 18:23

I got to work and found out the combination convection/steam oven is broken AGAIN; there's two fan motors in the thing, and the top one went kaupt, and our repariman had to get a replacement shipped in from the manufacturer (in Germany - apparently there's a local office in Nova Scotia tho :) )

...and then that replacement motor died less than a month later. And we got that replaced.

That was two weeks ago; this time it's the bottom motor that's dead. :roll:

Fun part is, this sucker's still under warranty, so who's the idiot now. *glares at manufacturer*

So to compensate for not having a means to cook whole chickens (which is a BIG chunk of our deli's revenue) the bakery has sadly gotten used to loaning us the use of one of their ovens; we'd take our racks of vertical spits to hold eight chickens, rest them on big cookie sheets, and place the assembly on one of their roll-into-the-oven trolleys. It'd take about twice as long to cook the birds since the oven's not convection, but it's better than NOTHING.

...but the best part is; the guy on chicken cook duty was fine - got the first load of birds cooked and out...then the oven crapped out when he tried to cook casseroles for the hot case. So the got the repairman in, found out the prognosis (get the replacement motor on Tuesday; and he's gotten so used to the process, he should have the oven up and running within a half-hour of getting there once the couriered part arrives ;) ).

...but no one told the chicken cook that we need to use [i]the bakery's trolley to put inside their oven, because our trolleys roll into the combi-oven - but the wheels are actually OUTSIDE the oven itself (the base of the trolley seals the bottom)

So when the birds were cooked, I went over to get them, and found the trolley tilted slightly...most of the rubber wheels melted and deformed.

Fortunately we have a second trolley - I rolled that over to the bakery, moved the racks of hot chickens from the crippled trolley to the good one, and took the birds back to the deli for packaging and display...and to wait for the damaged trolley to cool off enough I could DRAG it back to the deli and clean it up some.

...yeah, now the repairman's gonna have to order us four sets of casters for those trolleys (I hope you can replace those things, otherwise replacing the entire trolley's gonna be a bitch). And even after we get the oven working, we'll be handicapped from only having a single trolley - usually we'll prepare something to be cooked and set it up on the second trolley while something else is cooking in the oven on the first trolley...not so until we ALSO sort out the wheels. :(

And I get to be the one to tell the Deli Manager tomorrow morning. Yay. :roll:

I think I'm gonna go hit the job websites again...
TorachiKatashi

Postby TorachiKatashi » 17 Mar 2013, 18:28

Pro-tip: If you're trying to get two people to stop arguing about something, a pretty poor way to go about it would be to accuse them of something, and then immediately afterwards demand that they "leave it alone" such that they can't defend themselves. Moderators seem to love this tactic. I'm not sure if they realize how much or a complete brainless twat it makes them look like, or if they just don't care. Thankfully, I don't care either and will absolutely defend myself whether they like it or not.
ZePancakes
First Video: Bad News

Postby ZePancakes » 17 Mar 2013, 19:41

Well fark, through oversight, I missed on going to a tutorial for one of my courses and they are a compulsory component.

Only a couple weeks into the semester and I made a mistake, hooray. :/
Oh-h-h-h SNAP... Concede.

Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 17 Mar 2013, 20:07

Uggghhhh, the movie I waited 4 months to rent from the library won't play. I tried it in every player I have. I just want to watch the movie!!! Apparently that is asking too much.
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 17 Mar 2013, 22:06

Every day my sister in law shares 10-25 pictures/posters about lost dogs in ohio, She also shares 3-5 "adopt this animal" pictures from their local humane society.

My brother shares 10-15 pictures of semi-trucks and or pickup trucks with semi-nude women on them.

I have checked the page they are linking from. There is no "auto-share" so every day they sit down at their computers and spend 20-30 minutes sharing every Fing picture on those pages. Then based on their "look at my scores" spend between two and four hours playing facebook games. I can hide their posts, I can block the game notifications, I blocked the sites they are sharing from, but I cant block those stupid posts and I dare not unfriend them.

Also after their daily content vomit. They will post about how they cant find work and her disability doesnt even pay enough for the gas they burn driving around (to parties, gatherings, and bars) and his unemployment is about to run out. it generally ends with F Obama and his Screw everyone economics just let him try to take my gun away.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 17 Mar 2013, 22:11

This fricking cold had better go away before PAX...
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
empath

Postby empath » 18 Mar 2013, 02:44

Damn pillows; my neck had almost completely cleared up yesterday, but now I get up and I can hardly raise my arms or turn my head.

...and I have to go to work in...forty-eight minutes. The trick that sorted out my neck yesterday was sitting resting with a heating pad on it for a few hours before I had to go to work last night.

Fuck, I'm too damn broke to lose a day of work (and there's hardly any time to call in sick)
Cybertrash
First Video: Bros Clubbing Bros

Postby Cybertrash » 18 Mar 2013, 04:42

Snowstorm. In fucking March.
empath

Postby empath » 18 Mar 2013, 11:19

:|

It's only early yet, m'son; we got sun flurries today ourselves (yes, read that as: snow falling {actually blowing horizontally due to the high winds} with the sun beaming down through it).

We here don't put away our shovels and heavy boots and coats until May...

Struggled with a sore neck most of the day, then in mid-afternoon the pain went away; I was sooo happy! :)

...but that lasted for only about a half-hour; I'm currently slumped in my chair with the keyboard on my lap and the heating pad slung over my shoulder like a pauldron. It's getting better...
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 18 Mar 2013, 12:36

Lord Hosk wrote:Facebook (I assume) woes

It used to be easier to find, but if you go to their profile, click on the gear-thingy, and select Report/Block, you can hide their posts from your news feed without unfriending them entirely.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
I X
First Video: Crime And Punishment. I think.

Postby I X » 18 Mar 2013, 13:01

Or you can hide photo posts by them specifically. Hover over the top right corner of the post, click 'Hide...' and then 'Control what updates you get from Oversharing Person'. You can uncheck photos or whatever.
Often outnumbered, never outpunned.

Note: in Ireland 'ye' is used as the plural of 'you'. It rather neatly avoids confusion online.

"Your accent is...ubiquitous."
-Graham Stark
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 18 Mar 2013, 14:17

The hide post photos only hides the things they are posting not shares.

I can hide each shared image but not have it auto hide them.

As for just hiding them from my feed the problem is, they dont have cell phones so them posting things on their feeds is the primary way they communicate. its really annoying.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
ZePancakes
First Video: Bad News

Postby ZePancakes » 18 Mar 2013, 18:39

So I was ready to go to my tutorial today, made it on time, redeeming myself and the guy didn't turn up. :/

Zing.
Oh-h-h-h SNAP... Concede.

Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 19 Mar 2013, 02:10

Job Center day.

I went in. Told them of my interest in being an Art Therapist. Refered to a course, and they essentially said:

"U NO DO CORSE IF U NOT 100% GET JOB @ END OF IT"

Fuck off.

I find it ironic that, that is their stance. How many times have the forwarded people on to 'work experience' where thoes people aren't
100% to get a job at the end of it

I hate them so much.

They put so much pressure on you to get a job. But if you show any signs of 'retraining' they go:

MinniChi
First Video: Your Very Own Prom

Postby MinniChi » 19 Mar 2013, 10:35

Trying to find a new apartment I can afford. It is so very annoying since I have to make sure it is close to an elementary school.
No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 19 Mar 2013, 12:07

MinniChi wrote:It is so very annoying since I have to make sure it is close to an elementary school.

Those words can go in such a wrong direction.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 19 Mar 2013, 12:57

and now that you are involved I cant help thinking "get in the bag"

[–]Graham_LRR
nicholasmc1
First Video: The Job

Postby nicholasmc1 » 19 Mar 2013, 17:28

Gets to my final year of uni and my workload explodes all over my face.

edit: I guess thats what I get for doing a games Degree and taking 3 pratical project heavy subjects.
I X
First Video: Crime And Punishment. I think.

Postby I X » 19 Mar 2013, 18:33

Oh man, I know the feeling. >.<
Often outnumbered, never outpunned.

Note: in Ireland 'ye' is used as the plural of 'you'. It rather neatly avoids confusion online.

"Your accent is...ubiquitous."
-Graham Stark
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 19 Mar 2013, 18:41

Cybertrash wrote:Snowstorm. In fucking March.

Shoulda bought more LRR t-shirts.

-m

I am not angry at you.

Return to “General Discussion”