Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Re: Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Postby Geoff_B » 16 May 2013, 11:58

Was in a meeting this morning with everyone in the company and the new boss and one of my contact lenses decides to go for a swim, so I'm sitting there trying to track the irritation in my eye and getting the lens back into position... fun.

Only thing worse than these is rubbing your eye having forgotten that you've just had chilli sauce with your food.
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 16 May 2013, 13:33

I am me. Grrr.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
TheGhostOfZero
First Video: The Job

Postby TheGhostOfZero » 16 May 2013, 13:53

My 'net's capped :(

Dialup speeds for a week.
/fingergun
Zero

Geoff_B wrote:I wish to complain. That last picture is not Kittens, it's the son of Sauron!
Mister Fiend wrote:Does that mean I get to violence someone? Please say yes.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 16 May 2013, 17:16

Darkobra wrote:Maybe that chick actually did like you and her friend just set out to break the ice.

Let me be as unambiguous as possible. I don't give a fuck if they are. That ship has sailed and has sank. That is no longer a legitimate avenue for courtship. Not that I'm in the habit of dating strangers anyway.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 16 May 2013, 17:43

If she WAS interested in him, but her best way she can come up to introduce herself is to lean on the horn?

...yeah, that's a keeper right there.

Moving right along,

GPOY - every damn time I get around to prepping raw chickens for roasting; I get maybe 1 or 2 on the spits (when I'm working on getting FORTY into the oven), and someone invariably asks me to go serve a customer.

...and they wonder why we keep running out of disposable gloves, AND why we always seem to run out of roasted chickens in the case for sale... :evil:
DmitriW
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DmitriW » 16 May 2013, 21:42

I am so tired of being such a goddamn pushover. I drop everything for the people I care about and I never actually stick my neck out for myself. Gah.
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
empath

Postby empath » 17 May 2013, 11:48

Okay, so you require us to give THREE WEEKS' notice for getting a specific day off for, I dunno, a doctor's appointment, or a family event, or daring to have anything resembling a life outside of work "because the schedules are done up three weeks in advance".

...but you can't tell us when we're working next week...until today, two days before said week begins.

three weeks = 21 days vs. 2 days

Yeah, makes perfect sense. Image
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 17 May 2013, 12:23

So I was invited to a board game event hosted by my roommate's (J) friends. At first I said I'd go, but then he asked me again later if I was sure I wanted to go and that he didn't want to force me to go if I didn't want to.

At that point it became evident that they had only invited me to be polite. I asked him if that was the case and he said yes. Well I'm no pity case, and I could stand to stay home and get some work done anyway, whatever.

Then my other roommate (E) comes out and goes, "Oh yeah, we're going to that thing tonight aren't we! And YOU'RE coming too!" gesturing to me. I told him I wasn't actually going and that it was pretty obvious they only asked because they wanted to be polite.

Cue E telling me I should get out there and "network." "What if you need them for a job in the future?" Cue me telling him that, considering I don't fit in with these people anyway, I doubt they'd be inclined to hire me regardless. Cue him telling me I should go anyway. Cue me telling him I don't want to hang around a bunch of people who don't like me and whom I'm not too fond of either.

Then J tells me that I could come, but if I wanted to get along with his friends, I'd have to "Pretend to be something [I'm] not. You know, like friendly and sociable."

"If only you acted around other people like you act around us, you'd be really popular."

What am I supposed to do with this information? They don't like me and I don't like them. I can't stand people who pretend to be something they're not. I hate liars, and anyone who doesn't know that doesn't know me.

"Well if you want to be successful in business you need to learn how to network."

You don't think I know that? You don't think people (i.e. my parents) already tell me that kind of stuff on a regular basis? Why the hell do you think I need to hear you say it as well?

I don't get along with a lot of people. The people I do get along with become my friends naturally. I don't have to like your friends and they don't have to like me, so stop making me feel like shit about wanting to stay home.
TorachiKatashi

Postby TorachiKatashi » 17 May 2013, 18:01

empath wrote:Okay, so you require us to give THREE WEEKS' notice for getting a specific day off for, I dunno, a doctor's appointment, or a family event, or daring to have anything resembling a life outside of work "because the schedules are done up three weeks in advance".

...but you can't tell us when we're working next week...until today, two days before said week begins.

three weeks = 21 days vs. 2 days

Yeah, makes perfect sense. Image

I came in to vent, but it turns out my vent is basically word-for-word what he just said, so...

True dat.

Maybe all the businesses in St. John's just hire the same guy to do all their scheduling. And that guy is an idiot.
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 17 May 2013, 18:07

I've had a terrible day. Just a series of things going wrong or just generally being sucky. And now I really ought to go to bed, but I really hate going to bed in a bad mood. Argh life.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 17 May 2013, 21:08

Bleh... this doesn't make me mad as much as it makes me sad. I was offered the chance to go to States for Magic the Gathering yesterday (or 2 days ago now). I wasn't sure, so I said maybe. Today, I decided that I would, and told the guy. I got excited, went to FNM, told all the guys there that were going that I'd be there. It looked to be a good time.

...and now I just found out they won't have a spot for me in the group that offered. One of the reasons I decided to was because I wouldn't have to drive most the way, which is good because I'm likely not going to be getting any sleep if I go. Now though... it'd be dangerous to go honestly. I want to. I really do... but I don't want to fall asleep while driving and crash again. Once is enough for that shit.

So basically... :(
Drecon
First Video: Ransom

Postby Drecon » 18 May 2013, 00:57

That sucks Kapol. After all that, finding out there's no room... Just sucks.
"if it ain't shiny, rub it on your hiney"
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 18 May 2013, 11:01

Drecon wrote:That sucks Kapol. After all that, finding out there's no room... Just sucks.

Thanks. It does suck, but I don't blame the guy. His girlfriend (a friend of mine who had also offered before I was certain) ended up offering someone else before I decided to go for sure. The guy didn't know this until after we spoke, and I wasn't able to get a hold of him until after I got back from a late FNM.

I did think of another way to go (try to get in touch with another guy from FNM), but ended up deciding not to. I was exhausted by 4. So I don't think spending another 20 hours staying up was a good plan. In retrospect this was likely for the best. But it was still pretty upsetting. Now I want to go play magic or draft or something, but there's nothing going on nearby.

On the plus side though, I saved some money and didn't have to worry too much about something happening. So it does have a sliver lining.
Drecon
First Video: Ransom

Postby Drecon » 18 May 2013, 11:32

There's always drafting online...
"if it ain't shiny, rub it on your hiney"
empath

Postby empath » 18 May 2013, 12:19

What.

The.

ACTUAL.

Fuck?

It's like suddenly getting attacked by a sheep, for no explainable reason...
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 18 May 2013, 16:47

Drecon wrote:There's always drafting online...

I thought about doing that last night, but decided against it. Might do it tonight though at some point. I love drafting and rarely get to do it really, mostly because I'm not a huge fan of getting virtual cards (hence why I avoid MTGO).

Also, as a follow-up to my vent, I managed to turn today from shitty to good. I went into more detail in the thread of win. :D
Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Postby Fezzul » 18 May 2013, 20:16

Because of one load of people's disorganization I missed out on an audition with another group today. Annoyed.

Also, recording drums without a real drummer is a bitch.
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
TheGhostOfZero

Postby TheGhostOfZero » 19 May 2013, 00:09

Fezzul wrote:Also, recording drums without a real drummer is a bitch.

You're telling me.
/fingergun
Zero

Geoff_B wrote:I wish to complain. That last picture is not Kittens, it's the son of Sauron!
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 19 May 2013, 02:01

And that's where I come in.

I was a guitarist but at initiation, the head of music said there are hundreds of thousands of guitarists who apply every year and only a few hundred drummers and even less bass players. So I became a drummer. It's also more natural to me too.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Postby Fezzul » 19 May 2013, 08:22

Well Darkobra, if you're ever in NYC stop by and you can record an album with me. In the meantime I'm stuck with the drum-machine and drum-loops.

I also play the banjo, slide guitar, and I can get a tune out of just about anything with strings, so long as I know the tuning, so I'm not stuck as an instrumentalist.

I tried the drums a couple of times, but I never had the wherewithal to get a kit and practice regularly. I mainly just liked playing the bass drum to keep time. I wish I knew more drummers.
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 19 May 2013, 08:44

Grr a duplicate in one of my catalogues due a bug in my code.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
empath

Postby empath » 20 May 2013, 04:01

TheGhostOfZero

Postby TheGhostOfZero » 20 May 2013, 04:04

Amen, brother.
/fingergun
Zero

Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 21 May 2013, 13:59

Why should I count to 10 to solve my anger problems?! By the time I count to 11, people are STILL idiots!
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 21 May 2013, 14:26

It's to give the idiots a 10 second head start.
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr

Return to “General Discussion”