Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Re: Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Postby Darkobra » 21 May 2013, 14:32

They're not smart enough to take advantage of it.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 21 May 2013, 21:37

I love this forum, but right now I'm angry.
Hurp-De-Durp!
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 22 May 2013, 00:59

*hugs for Deedles*
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Valkyrie-Lemons
First Video: Spoken Word

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 22 May 2013, 10:05

I really getting annoyed by the Gay Marriage debate that's currently going on here in the UK, mainly for the arguments that are given by the the anti-gay marriage campaign. Not because I completely oppose them, but just how weak their arguments are.

Such things like:

-"Homosexuality is unnatural!"

Yeah, so is marriage, don't see many ducks getting married do you? Cars are also unnatural, don't see people denouncing them as sinful. Regardless on your stance on the naturalness of homosexuality, it's not the only unnatural thing in our lives.

-"Marriage is a Christian institution, and the Bible doesn't approve it!"

Y'know marriage pre-dates Christianity and other religions have it, so you can't call dibs in it.

-"Gay marriage will ruin marriage for everyone else!"

How? Marriages aren't stock market products that'll fall in value if homosexuals are allowed to marry. Quick! Sell off the marriage stock, it's worthless now! If your marriage is really threatened by other people, then I think that says more about your marriage.

There are a lot more that annoy me, but those are the worst 3. It's not that I'm pro gay marriage, in fact I dislike the institution of marriage as a whole, I just get annoyed by the stupid arguments the anti campaign give.

/rant.

Also, self check out tills are so annoying. "There's an unexpected item in the bagging area." THAT'S THE FLIPPING BAG! How am I meant to pack my items if you're not allowing me to add a bag? So I click the "I'm using my own bag" so that I can start packing my items and then it says "We need to verify your bag." Oh what? You don't trust me that I'm using a bag, or an approved bag? Even if I'm using on of your bags, they're free, so what's the problem?

Ugh...Technology annoys me so much sometimes.
Prospero101 wrote:...is it weird that I REALLY hope that someday I say something memorable enough to be quoted in someone else's signature?

I'm trying this 'Twitter' thing, if you just want to send a message/question/joke, please send it to: @Valkyrie_Lemons , thanks!
Drecon
First Video: Ransom

Postby Drecon » 22 May 2013, 10:54

AAAARRRRGH!!!!
Just installed a random new program (one I trusted to a degree)... Now I'm busy cleaning up all the stuff it installed into my browsers. Why in the nine hells are people allowing these viruses to ride onto their programs? It should probably illegal or something.

Also: FUCK!
"if it ain't shiny, rub it on your hiney"
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 22 May 2013, 12:12

Valkyrie-Lemons - that was some BEAUTIFUL counter-arguments to the weaksauce shit that the bigots and discriminators keep trotting out. Image

I agree (even though I'm FOR gay marriage) that this sort of thing is utterly disappointing; one feels ashamed for poking holes in these fragile assertions for the thousandth time...
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 22 May 2013, 15:09

Valkyrie-Lemons wrote:Also, self check out tills are so annoying. "There's an unexpected item in the bagging area." THAT'S THE FLIPPING BAG! How am I meant to pack my items if you're not allowing me to add a bag? So I click the "I'm using my own bag" so that I can start packing my items and then it says "We need to verify your bag." Oh what? You don't trust me that I'm using a bag, or an approved bag? Even if I'm using on of your bags, they're free, so what's the problem?

Ugh...Technology annoys me so much sometimes.

I avoid the self-checkouts If I can at all help it.
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
Mums
First Video: Checkpoint "Socially inept"

Postby Mums » 23 May 2013, 05:49

The recent days in Sweden we've had a lot of people in the suburbs rioting and setting cars on fire then throwing stones at the firetrucks and it sucks. What also sucks is that it starts a horrible racist discussion. Apparently we should start a penal colony and send our criminals there, we should also send immigrants back where they came from, or where their parents came from if they were born here, regardless if they have citizenship or not. So now I've been sitting for over an hour trying to tell people why the things they say wont work or are just horrible things to do.
Sit down. Get ready. Sit down again!

The perfectly lying, lying bastad!
Mums
First Video: Checkpoint "Socially inept"

Postby Mums » 23 May 2013, 06:00

"I'm not racist but, those immigrants come here and take part of our welfare and now they set fire to cars?"
How do you know these guys are immigrants? They are masked and hooded. I've got news for you, I think you are racist...
Sit down. Get ready. Sit down again!

The perfectly lying, lying bastad!
TorachiKatashi

Postby TorachiKatashi » 23 May 2013, 16:39

Pro-tip: If you've ever began a statement with "I'm not racist, but..."

You're racist.

Substitute "homophobic" for the same effect.
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 23 May 2013, 16:52

It's like people think it cancels out when they add that.
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 23 May 2013, 16:54

"I'm not {X}, but..." is a flag that means "prepare for the most {X} statement you've ever heard."

If you're going to go as far as saying "I'm not {X}, but...," you may as well just come out and say, "I'm about to say something incredibly {X}: ..."
empath

Postby empath » 23 May 2013, 17:34

GRAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!!!!
Cybertrash
First Video: Bros Clubbing Bros

Postby Cybertrash » 23 May 2013, 22:33

Mums wrote:The recent days in Sweden we've had a lot of people in the suburbs rioting and setting cars on fire then throwing stones at the firetrucks and it sucks. What also sucks is that it starts a horrible racist discussion. Apparently we should start a penal colony and send our criminals there, we should also send immigrants back where they came from, or where their parents came from if they were born here, regardless if they have citizenship or not. So now I've been sitting for over an hour trying to tell people why the things they say wont work or are just horrible things to do.

The amount of Racist rethoric flying about right now is downright scary. The threads about it on reddit make me queasy, and those aren't exclusively Swedish comments either. Lots of people at work talking about it as well "Hurr, they're Muslims", yeah let's blame it on immigration, it's not at all an incredibly complex socioeconomic problem pertaining to segregation, poverty and culture or anything.
TheGhostOfZero
First Video: The Job

Postby TheGhostOfZero » 23 May 2013, 22:57

madAlric wrote:"I'm not {X}, but..." is a flag that means "prepare for the most {X} statement you've ever heard."

If you're going to go as far as saying "I'm not {X}, but...," you may as well just come out and say, "I'm about to say something incredibly {X}: ..."

I don't mean to be racist, but d'you've the time?
/fingergun
Zero

Geoff_B wrote:I wish to complain. That last picture is not Kittens, it's the son of Sauron!
Mister Fiend wrote:Does that mean I get to violence someone? Please say yes.
tamaness
First Video: LRReview: Desert Bus

Postby tamaness » 24 May 2013, 00:03

[sarcasm]Just because I'm American, you think I'm obsessed with time? Go here, do that, and do it all on a tight schedule? Huh? Do you? I'm just a timepiece for you to ask information of?[/sarcasm]
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 24 May 2013, 00:10

No, I thought that because you're a Timelord. I'm not speciesest, but aren't you guys supposed to be obsessed with time?
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 24 May 2013, 04:22

I'm not racist, but I really like strawberry jam.
empath

Postby empath » 24 May 2013, 05:08

No, no, no - the 'denial' part has to be relevant to the 'admission' part, so it'd be more like:

"I'm not a food snob, but I really like strawberry jam."

(which, when you stop and think about it, is quite incongruous - there's nothing snobbish or elitist about liking {thing}, that comes when someone insists they like {thing} MORE or that certain people either 'aren't allowed' to like {thing} or 'can't REALLY appreciate {thing}')

Oh, and just to clarify, really fucking shitty day at work; went in early to help cover for someone that 'called in sick' (second Thursday morning in a row - maybe if you're not gonna be able to do the shift, you should - you know - maybe, possibly talk to people and switch shifts with someone?), and I basically got shit on all night, starting with my arms drenched in chicken blood, through constantly being behind in my work and culminating in me starting to shut down the deli to go home, and this douchebag 'suit' comes along and asks for a pound of messy seasoned turkey sliced, necessitating me cleaning that slicer AGAIN (I'd just finished getting it all shiny and clean).

...and topping it all off, it started raining when I got about halfway home.

So yeah, rage. :|
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 24 May 2013, 07:20

I'm not a racist or a bigot, but many members of my family are.
empath

Postby empath » 24 May 2013, 08:40

I'm not a racist.

Or a bigot.

Or a sexist.

I don't pre-judge.

But don't get me wrong, I JUDGE.

Not by the colour of your skin, or the language you speak, or the faith you profess, or by you gender, sexuality, gender identity...but by your behaviour. By how you treat others.

...and if you earn it, you will have my hate.

Not because you're black, or a woman, or trans, or gay, or an athiest/buddhist/catholic/etc.

...but because you're an ASSHOLE.

(Because remember, despite all the superficial variables listed above as 'excuses' for prejudice, everyone has an asshole. No matter how far the body modification enthusiasts push the envelope, ain' nobody lookin' to gettin' their butt sewed shut!)
TorachiKatashi

Postby TorachiKatashi » 24 May 2013, 09:51

I've always thought that you should have to be tested before you can own a dog. Now I'm starting to think it should apply to any living thing.

I just adopted two more rats, Panda & Meeko. Totally sweet and affectionate and handsome. Panda is 13-months-old, and Meeko is 8-months-old. Lived their entire lives up until now, living in a hamster cage (which is really too small even for a hamster,) eating dog food. Both of them had barely any fur left on their backs when the rescue took them in.

I hate people.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 24 May 2013, 14:44

I think it's time for another long break from the internet. High doses of stupid MUST be contagious in concentrated amounts.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 25 May 2013, 09:06

Can I recommend notracistbut.com?
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 25 May 2013, 09:31

Now I want to know what's at notracistbutt.com.

Return to “General Discussion”