Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Re: Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Postby Metcarfre » 09 Jul 2013, 11:27

Metal.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 09 Jul 2013, 11:49

'Airheads' wrote:{Two of three would-be rockers who've hijacked a radio station (with fake guns) are quizzing a 'record executive' who's said he'd like to make a deal with them (actually a police hostage negotiator trying to sneak inside)}
Metalhead#1: Who'd win in a wrestling match, Lemmy or God?
'Exec': Lemmy.
Metalhead#2: Bzzzzzt!
'Exec': ....God?
Metalhead#2: Wrong, dickhead. Trick question; Lemmy IS God.

In Other News,

Rheumatoid arthritis + damp, foggy weather = misery.
Cybertrash
First Video: Bros Clubbing Bros

Postby Cybertrash » 09 Jul 2013, 12:05

I need something to hang on my walls, and I'd very much like some of that something to be one of my pictures, but I just looked through all my negatives and realized that I've never actually produced anything worthwhile, I'm a pretty shitty photographer it turns out. :/
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 09 Jul 2013, 12:29

You'll find something. Just because you haven't done it yet doesn't mean you won't ever.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 10 Jul 2013, 07:47

I work this evening, but I don't want to start gaming because what I'm currently playing is all of the 'just a little bit longer...' mode. ;)

So I decided to grab something off Netflix; I settled on "Horrible Bosses", maybe in the hopes of seeing (fictional) people in MUCH worse situations than myself and making me a little less fed up with my own job...

...unfortunately, I'm getting ideas... Image
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 10 Jul 2013, 09:51

You know what I used to do? When someone really irritated me, I stopped and had a daydream of them falling down the stairs while singing the slinky song. ALWAYS puts a smile on my face.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Valkyrie-Lemons
First Video: Spoken Word

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 10 Jul 2013, 10:00

Ugh, this [Story].

If I got 250 hours community service and then got a job in Italy, would I be allowed to simply pay a fine to get over it? Considering that Tevez earns the amount of the fine in around 5 hours, would that mean I would only pay around £45?

He should be prevented from moving to Italy until he does his time or pays a fine proportionate to his wages. How is this any form of justice?
Prospero101 wrote:...is it weird that I REALLY hope that someday I say something memorable enough to be quoted in someone else's signature?

I'm trying this 'Twitter' thing, if you just want to send a message/question/joke, please send it to: @Valkyrie_Lemons , thanks!
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 10 Jul 2013, 10:14

The amount of false rape reports is tiny when compared to the amount of true ones, and the amount that go unconvicted or even unreported is far, far too high. For fuck's sake, stop acting on the fear inspired when you think of a woman doing that to you, and realize that the fear we have of rape is far more rational and should be dealt with so that it doesn't have to exist anymore.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 10 Jul 2013, 14:58

I am so tired out, right now. Emotionally. Every few days something goes wrong for my girlfriend, and I just... I can't handle worrying for her any more. I don't know what to do. I can't help because I'm A: all the way over here in the UK while she's in the US and B: I have no money to alleviate things like the fact that her asshole ex tried to defraud the government (again!) and so the support she got so she could by little things like food has been cut off, possibly for up to two months, while she goes in to some office somewhere to try and sort it out.

And before that it was being several hundred dollars into an overdraft because of a shitty, untrustworthy realtor (who she is now suing, but not quickly enough to help right now), or catching MRSA, or being forced to move out of her old place by crazy relatives. Or any number of things besides.

I just... I don't know what to do. I feel useless.

And you know what would be really useful? If Kroze and Vanguard would stop ducking me and pay me for the commissions I did for them. Vanguard's owed me since August last year, and Kroze since January of this year.
Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Postby Fezzul » 10 Jul 2013, 20:21

Whereabouts in the US is she? If she's in New York I might be able to help out. Not a huge amount, but I know a few people...

Also, my news. Really it should go in the mixed feelings thread, but I started posting the story here, so I feel it should end here. My friend with the ectopic pregnancy miscarried naturally. I'm relieved, she's going to be okay, at least physically. And then I realize that I'm pleased at the news of a miscarriage, and feel like I live on the weirdest planet in the whole entire universe.

I'm not sure what happens next, apparently now her boyfriend is the most super guy in the world all of a sudden. As far as I know he still doesn't what she went through, though she is planning to tell him the whole story now. It's a weight off my mind, but I know she's going to have some emotional fallout from this.

Thanks to you guys for helping me keep my head through this, I've been going nuts these last few days with worry. I guess I'm a good friend. And you lot are too.
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
TheGhostOfZero
First Video: The Job

Postby TheGhostOfZero » 10 Jul 2013, 20:46

Good news about the friend not being dead. Sorry if I got a bit passionate before, those kinds of things really get me riled. Just glad that the situation still ended with the best case scenario, albeit involuntarily.
/fingergun
Zero

Geoff_B wrote:I wish to complain. That last picture is not Kittens, it's the son of Sauron!
Mister Fiend wrote:Does that mean I get to violence someone? Please say yes.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 11 Jul 2013, 01:41

Fezzul wrote:Whereabouts in the US is she? If she's in New York I might be able to help out. Not a huge amount, but I know a few people...

Thanks man, but she's down in Georgia. What makes this worse is that there are apparently precisely 0 people around her/in her life who she could go along to and say "We've no money for food, could we maybe join you for your evening meal" who wouldn't then say "Piss off". :?

I'm actually glad your friend miscarried, too. Solves the problem of how to convince her, and ends the risk that you couldn't have and had to figure out how to deal with either a sterile or dead friend. Best-case scenario, really. Let's hope she doesn't get any more ectopic pregnancies. And leaves the idiot boyfriend who she was going to be leaving anyway. :|
TheGhostOfZero
First Video: The Job

Postby TheGhostOfZero » 11 Jul 2013, 02:05

I'm getting a bit concerned with how happy I've been lately. I mean, this time last year I was suicidal; so a period of happiness this long has made me a bit wary that a crash might come soon.
/fingergun
Zero

Geoff_B wrote:I wish to complain. That last picture is not Kittens, it's the son of Sauron!
Mister Fiend wrote:Does that mean I get to violence someone? Please say yes.
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 11 Jul 2013, 02:14

Enjoy today. Worry about tomorrow when it comes. Don't ruin your happiness by suddenly thinking that something bad HAS to happen just because you're happy.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 11 Jul 2013, 03:27

TheGhostOfZero wrote:I'm getting a bit concerned with how happy I've been lately. I mean, this time last year I was suicidal; so a period of happiness this long has made me a bit wary that a crash might come soon.

My experience is that reflecting on the pass too much isn't helpful.
Time-to-time reflecting (or in a poetic way, 'removing the dressing to check on the wound') is healthy. But 'dwelling on the past' isn't good.

I'm guilty for that. It even 'tars' time of years for me. Like right now, I'm trying to 'unassociate' bad experiences with Christmas-time.

Focusing on the present and the future is a good way to not let the past dominate you.
-
I have lost my sense of smell.
Wraith
First Video: Canadian Approval Board

Postby Wraith » 11 Jul 2013, 10:57

I'm so tired of the "guilty until proven innocent" philosophy facing men in my country. I'm tired of federal regulations requiring men to be expelled based on evidence that "provides a 50.1% probability of guilt," even if the DA would not take the case due to lack of evidence (or sufficient contrary evidence). I'm tired of being told that because of the physical traits I'm born with; I can't be trusted not to commit crimes against humanity. Society shuns that philosophy with skin color; I don't see why it accepts it with sex. I'm tired of movements pushing to have due-process literally removed from court room proceedings, so long as the crime a man is accused of is sufficiently vile. I'm tired of living in a society where any attempts to even discuss the matter is met vandalism, false police or fire reports to disrupt proceedings, and even death threats.

In short, I'm tired of people who think equality can ever be reached by ignoring any social injustice that does not negatively affect them.
-Wraith
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 11 Jul 2013, 13:34

Wraith wrote:In short, I'm tired of people who think equality can ever be reached by ignoring any social injustice that does not negatively affect them.

Can I add an AMEN to that?
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 11 Jul 2013, 21:17

There is this greasy, gross scumbag that ends up going to all the events I go to. He is a cocky asshole who produces sub par low quality work with a huge ego. Every time he talks to me I just want to fall to the ground flailing and scream SHUT UP, I HATE YOUR STUPID FACE. Some days I feel like I am regressing back into having the feelings of a toddler and am excited for the day I am so old and decrepit I can once again act upon them.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 11 Jul 2013, 23:05

Today I find out which of three possible outcomes of the past university year I will face.

Possibility 1: I pass and proceed to the final year of my course, cheers all around.

Possibility 2: I fail, but not sufficiently enough to remove the option of resubmissions, and spend a portion of my summer preparing for a repeat of today.

Possibility 3: I fail completely, without recourse, and descend into a significant period of my life wallowing in poorly paid jobs and poorer job prospects, with little hope if any of actually finding enjoyment or fulfillment in my employment.

One of the latter two I've done once already, so understandably I'm rather wary of actually looking at my results, knowing that no amount of confidence can change anything now.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 12 Jul 2013, 00:22

TheRocket wrote:There is this greasy, gross scumbag that ends up going to all the events I go to. He is a cocky asshole who produces sub par low quality work with a huge ego. Every time he talks to me I just want to fall to the ground flailing and scream SHUT UP, I HATE YOUR STUPID FACE. Some days I feel like I am regressing back into having the feelings of a toddler and am excited for the day I am so old and decrepit I can once again act upon them.

That's no way to talk about Wraith! :P (only joking!)

Anyway so far this morning I've tried to read my Kindle only for it to run out of battery, then I look down at my bag and notice I've lost another LRR badge - the Season 5 one. All I see is the metal wire with the actual button part vanished and no idea when it happened. Yes it was a little freebie with the DVD and yes it's only worth about a dollar but I. Hate. Losing. Things. ;(
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 12 Jul 2013, 03:20

I came very close to losing my Crapshots one from my jacket a while back. Fortunately, I noticed it on the ground before I kept walking.
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 12 Jul 2013, 03:46

I'm terrible about losing the buttons.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 12 Jul 2013, 04:28

I lost my For Science! one a while ago as well :(
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 12 Jul 2013, 06:18

Motherfuckers. Spent money I technically shouldn't have.

Ah well. I can plan for myself easily but others make bigger demands.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 12 Jul 2013, 12:42

Hey Texas senate, why don't you stop being complete dickbags? I mean seriously, there comes a point where it goes from being sad to being pathetic. And outlawing tampons and similar products while allowing guns is well past that point.

Return to “General Discussion”