Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Re: Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Postby Elomin Sha » 27 Jul 2013, 13:20

I've been feeling kind of lonely the last few days with no reason to be. Stupid body.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 27 Jul 2013, 15:33

If the entire management team of one of your departments is actively seeking other employment, you need to ask yourself what, as a company, you are doing wrong, and how you can fix it.

You can start by not locking one of your assistant managers in the freezer and later accuse him of falsifying documents because if they're right they make you look dumb.
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 28 Jul 2013, 00:08

So I woke up today. Didn't think anything was off. I went and took a shower. While I did, I looked down to see... a large bruise near my ankle. I'm not sure where it came from is the worst part. I don't remember hurting myself last night. And this isn't just a little bruise. It's about the size of a gold ball, and it's nearly black in color. Doesn't even hurt a bit either.

So now I'm worried, a little scared, and very confused.
TheGhostOfZero
First Video: The Job

Postby TheGhostOfZero » 28 Jul 2013, 00:15

I'm not sure if I've told anyone here this, but its been bothering me for a few days. On Monday, I had a friend over to help me with an assignment. We were alone for a bit because my mother and brother had to go out and grab some bits, and while we were working my friend tells me he's bi-curious. After this he starts to stroke my arm and back. I really, really don't like being touched, and this triggers in me a massive panic attack and I pretty much almost pass out in the kitchen. I've avoided the guy all week.
I just- I don't want to seem like a douchebag, he's a nice guy and a friend. But it just shook me so damn much. I'm pretty sure if I started to trigger again, something even worse than just a panic attack will happen.
/fingergun
Zero

Geoff_B wrote:I wish to complain. That last picture is not Kittens, it's the son of Sauron!
Mister Fiend wrote:Does that mean I get to violence someone? Please say yes.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 28 Jul 2013, 00:20

I think you did post this on a tumblr about a week ago. The only answer I can give is to say thank you for the interest but explain how you feel about it whether it be for the better or not.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
TheGhostOfZero

Postby TheGhostOfZero » 28 Jul 2013, 00:30

I'll give it a go.
/fingergun
Zero

Geoff_B wrote:I wish to complain. That last picture is not Kittens, it's the son of Sauron!
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 28 Jul 2013, 00:35

When it's all over, plank.
TheGhostOfZero

Postby TheGhostOfZero » 28 Jul 2013, 00:37

Fuck you >:)
/fingergun
Zero

Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 28 Jul 2013, 00:42

I'm still winning.
TheGhostOfZero

Postby TheGhostOfZero » 28 Jul 2013, 00:58

How many seconds, you bastard?
/fingergun
Zero

Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 28 Jul 2013, 01:21

It doesn't matter. Any you can pull I will beat.
TheGhostOfZero

Postby TheGhostOfZero » 28 Jul 2013, 01:31

Bring it the fuck on, son.
/fingergun
Zero

Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 28 Jul 2013, 02:40

Daddy?
TheGhostOfZero

Postby TheGhostOfZero » 28 Jul 2013, 03:11

does this mean I have to chop off your hand, or that I'm dead and speaking through the clouds?

Either way, I'm voiced by the same guy.
/fingergun
Zero

Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 28 Jul 2013, 06:09

Ugh had so many plans today. Instead I've been floored by another stomach bug.
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 28 Jul 2013, 06:12

TheGhostOfZero wrote:I'm not sure if I've told anyone here this, but its been bothering me for a few days. On Monday, I had a friend over to help me with an assignment. We were alone for a bit because my mother and brother had to go out and grab some bits, and while we were working my friend tells me he's bi-curious. After this he starts to stroke my arm and back. I really, really don't like being touched, and this triggers in me a massive panic attack and I pretty much almost pass out in the kitchen. I've avoided the guy all week.
I just- I don't want to seem like a douchebag, he's a nice guy and a friend. But it just shook me so damn much. I'm pretty sure if I started to trigger again, something even worse than just a panic attack will happen.

You should explain to him that this behavior isn't appropriate, period. You wouldn't accept it if it were a man touching or a woman touching a man, either (assuming consent hasn't been given). And then also, as a secondary issue, you're just not into that.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 28 Jul 2013, 07:42

Metcarfre wrote:
TheGhostOfZero wrote:I'm not sure if I've told anyone here this, but its been bothering me for a few days. On Monday, I had a friend over to help me with an assignment. We were alone for a bit because my mother and brother had to go out and grab some bits, and while we were working my friend tells me he's bi-curious. After this he starts to stroke my arm and back. I really, really don't like being touched, and this triggers in me a massive panic attack and I pretty much almost pass out in the kitchen. I've avoided the guy all week.

You should explain to him that this behavior isn't appropriate, period. You wouldn't accept it if it were a man touching or a woman touching a man, either (assuming consent hasn't been given). And then also, as a secondary issue, you're just not into that.

Ditto Met's comment.

Plus, that's a really crap pickup line; you wouldn't pull a girl by going up and mentioning that you're straight.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
nicholasmc1

Postby nicholasmc1 » 28 Jul 2013, 23:04

After a semester of work at uni as producer and lead artist on this project in an 11 man team and then another large crunch before pax on my major project for my last year of university I have basically no faith or interest to continue working on a game I don't want to make or enjoy playing, with people who I either dislike or know have no interest in making games, or just outright are awful at what they do. or with people who are just idiots. The last two game jams I've shown me more and more that this style of production is the worst and most corrosive thing I can possibly do sending me into nervous breakdowns weekly about wasting my last year at university on something which I stopped learning from months ago. I now have to go and speak to my tutor about what I can try and do for next semester and how we can improve and move on..... I sent and email off to him asking if we can meet up so I can stop lying about everything about see if we can come to some sort of agreement for the sake of my mental health. Oh and I managed to brick my laptop so now when I go on "holidays" in sydney I won't be able to do any work while I'm there.
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S
First Video: The Writers Room

Postby Smeghead » 29 Jul 2013, 00:46

This is something that has been bothering me for years, decades, my whole damn life in fact. I've ignored it for a long time; only treating the symptom but never addressed the actual problem because I can't figure it out. (despite the wording I used; this is not an medical issue)
People keep calling me by the wrong name. All. The. Damn. Time.!
Not a mispronunciation, but the completely wrong name.
People keep calling me Fredrik -that's not my name damn it!-. My surname is Fredriksson, but its a very common surname (people who don't even know my surname calls me Fredrik) People who've never heard anyone else call me by that name calls me that.
My name is Stefan, it doesn't even sound anything like Fredrik!
Neither my brother nor father has this issue, and I've never come across anyone with a -son name that has a similar problem.

Now I always correct people and they apologize (only to get the name wrong again a few days later) and that's always been enough, until today when I get a mail from a co-worker calling me by the wrong name and something just snapped and I got really angry about it (I was alone so no one was affected my my anger- don't worry) and I just started to wonder just why the f**k people keep doing this!? After all these years I'm getting really upset about it.
TheGhostOfZero

Postby TheGhostOfZero » 29 Jul 2013, 00:52

Start wearing a nametag and make many violence on those that get your name wrong, they will only make the mistake once.
/fingergun
Zero

My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 29 Jul 2013, 01:05

Just change your surname to Bjkrlsng, and watch them try to pronounce that.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 29 Jul 2013, 02:15

My fucking ankle is still messed up. I have regained the ability to walk with out difficulty but I can barely run a couple steps. A lack of exercise is doing nothing good for my physical or mental well being. I am hoping Australia has the science to fix my ankle.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 29 Jul 2013, 04:57

I dislike insincerity in manners.

Don't say Good Morning to me if you don't mean it. Say Hello.
Don't say Good Game at the end of a game if it wasn't good.

Manners only mean something if they are meant.
Valkyrie-Lemons
First Video: Spoken Word

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 29 Jul 2013, 11:03

I don't mind Good Morning said in a way that they don't mean it. What I hate is when they say Good Morning as a way of saying goodbye. It always throws me.

Same with using Good Evening or Good Afternoon as a goodbye or using Good Night or Good Day as a welcome.
Prospero101 wrote:...is it weird that I REALLY hope that someday I say something memorable enough to be quoted in someone else's signature?

I'm trying this 'Twitter' thing, if you just want to send a message/question/joke, please send it to: @Valkyrie_Lemons , thanks!
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 29 Jul 2013, 18:35

Well, what bugs me is "How are you?".

You really DON'T want to know, otherwise you wouldn't have asked me here and now while I'm serving a line of customers; or rather, even if you DO care to know, you're very inconsiderate of the people waiting behind you.

Return to “General Discussion”