Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Re: Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Postby Darkobra » 20 Oct 2013, 09:14

It's easy to ignore, Laurnil. You just need to block it out with all the force of a great typhoon.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Psycat Aurora
First Video: Rejected WiiPlay Games

Postby Psycat Aurora » 20 Oct 2013, 09:15

And now it turns out they're taking my mail too. I only found out because I was cleaning up one of they're messes and found my mail mixed in with theirs. I've been wondering why my new driver's license never showed up and spent hours trying to get it sorted out at the license office. I just managed to get them to send me another one to replace the missing one a couple days ago and it turns out the first one actually showed up at my place some time in the last couple weeks. I asked why they took my mail instead of giving it to me when I've been saying I've been waiting for it. I got a bitchy response in return. By their logic, instead of them giving me my mail when they take it out of the mail box, I should just search through all of their mail, which is usually mixed into a pile of other stuff, and hope to find something of mine. I'm just so angry right now. I think I feel another migraine coming on.
Deviantart: Psycat-Aurora
Instagram: @psycataurora
Tumblr: Psycat Aurora
Twitter: @Psycat_Aurora
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 20 Oct 2013, 11:11

I don't really have any advice to give, but that sounds really awful. :(

In unrelated venting news: dear city people, I know this seems like the middle of nowhere to you, but some people actually live out here. It's very quiet at night, so the sound of you firing your guns a street away from where I live when I'm trying to sleep is rather annoying, and it's scaring my animals. So stop doing it.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 20 Oct 2013, 11:22

Set fire to the pile of mail and shout loudly: "NO ONE GETS MAIL!"
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Bebop Man
First Video: The Pirate Video

Postby Bebop Man » 20 Oct 2013, 12:32

Elomin Sha wrote:
Bebop Man wrote:I finally got suspended over at a certain forum. I should just not go there anymore :/

I told you, stop posting pictures of Pony Glue on the My Little Pony forum.

Eerily that's not far enough from the truth.
Laurnil
First Video: Cannot remember

Postby Laurnil » 20 Oct 2013, 13:17

Elomin Sha wrote:Set fire to the pile of mail and shout loudly: "NO ONE GETS MAIL!"

Psycat Aurora, I know Elomin is crazy, but no, this is actually an appropriate response to your roommates' bullshit. In fact, go fucking crazy. The only way to have people like this stop pulling their bull shit is to make them afraid of you. And, they deserve it.

Have they actually opened your mail? Cause, federal offense (at least in the US, don't know about Canada).

Elomin, how else would you solve this problem because I think you've got the right ideas, sir, in this particular situation (ONLY).
Laurnil

http://www.twitter.com/laurnil

FYI: Laurnil is short for Laura Nichelle
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 20 Oct 2013, 13:37

Pump Mr. Dandy throughout the house: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... zOG2w#t=39

Wear a hockey mask and brandish a machete.

Aim a loaded long bow at someone (Did that myself).

Equate putting a slug in a girl's fairy cave is pretty much the same as putting a penis in there because it's soft, squidgy and slimy (Said that too).

Depending on their weight say they need a precautionary mastectomy (I say that to my boss from time to time when he says I'm chubby).

Rock back an forth on the top of the stairs whimpering: Make the bad man stop.

Remove all the fuses from the fuse box.

Pay no bills.

Remove all food from the fridge.

Put a lobster on a plate inside the toilet bowl with a sign saying: Your dinner is served (I did that too)

Call them Onee-chan.

Imitate Goldust: http://www.wwe.com/videos/goldust-retur ... 8-26024286

If they have a car deflate the tyres.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 20 Oct 2013, 13:43

I think opening anyone's mail is a criminal offense anywhere in the world. Here I think it's still one of our laws that you can get done for treason and killed because until it's given to the recipient intended, it's still the queen's property.

It's not upheld but it's not been changed either.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 20 Oct 2013, 13:44

You can also place fish behind the radiators and turn the heat up.
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 20 Oct 2013, 13:56

Hide one of each pair of their shoes.

Hide their chargers.

Edit: Apparently the two Blue Mountains fires could potentially link up, meaning there will be fire directly north of here. Great. -_-
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 20 Oct 2013, 18:57

I am severely bored of dealing with people. I'm done.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 20 Oct 2013, 19:47

I've effectively been working a full-time job worth of time for two weeks in the university labs to get pieces of coursework done that I should have been informed months ago but which now threaten to destroy my final year entirely within likely the next fortnight. Two of the three of them originally took a month each to complete, with a great deal of trial & error and undocumented programming involved which I am now being forced to speed through. For the one I've spent the most time focusing on, 90% of the work amounts to 20% of the marks, which are also the basis for the other 80%, and I need at least a 40% on all three to retain my final year.

All this whilst attending my final year classes, which include a block of 6 consecutive hour-long classes starting 9 AM each Monday.

Due to the workload involved overall, I haven't had time to arrange the disability support I would otherwise be getting to help me ascertain the assessment criteria, prioritise scheduling, etc. The last time I went without it was two years ago, right before I almost catastrophically failed my last course.

The effect this is all having on my mental and emotional state is profound. I can't sleep, save from exhaustion, I'm barely eating, and I'm depressed from the constant Sword of Damocles hanging over me as I attend classes. As I work on the assignments, I'm also constantly reminded that even so much as 1% less than 40% on any one of them is sufficient for the university to withdraw me immediately from my final year.

I was told by the assistant dean of Quality, Learning and Teaching that this arrangement would be the least stressful, despite mentioning the option of only doing one of the assessments and resitting the module the other two take place in alongside my final year classes. I was also informed I'd have 4 weeks to do all 3 assignments, but she delayed in giving me the paperwork that also contained my deadline dates so much it's actually a lot closer to 3.

I haven't remotely contemplated suicide in the better part of a decade, and now that my emotional state is spiraling downhill as a result of her decisions, revisiting some darkly familiar places, I believe she was quite definitely wrong.

Today I'm going to meet with or arrange to meet with the dean of the school. I'm quite tired of this torturous situation and I'd like to focus on the studies I should be doing anyway, not the ones some idiot neglected to tell me about.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Timelady
First Video: Deeply Religious

Postby Timelady » 20 Oct 2013, 20:29

It gets better.

In four weeks, for better or for worse, you will be through this.

You will do this. You can do this. And if, for whatever reason you can't, it doesn't reflect any less on you as a person, and things will work out somehow. Whatever happens, you have gone above and beyond what you should have been asked to do, and you've acquitted yourself well by it. Whatever your final score.

Two weeks. That's it.

Unless you can get some of the workload eased off you by the dean, in which case, wonderful.

But either way, you can do this.
AmazingPjotrMan wrote:Bacon is not a chronological entity.
nicholasmc1
First Video: The Job

Postby nicholasmc1 » 20 Oct 2013, 20:59

I also finish my degree in 4 weeks. I hate what its devolved into but I'm so close I can smell the turd of a piece of paper waiting for me to not use it. We're in this one together mate.
Phailhammer

Postby Phailhammer » 20 Oct 2013, 21:11

Reports of looting in bushfire areas. Are you fucking kidding me? -_-
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
nicholasmc1
First Video: The Job

Postby nicholasmc1 » 20 Oct 2013, 21:13

Phailhammer wrote:Reports of looting in bushfire areas. Are you fucking kidding me? -_-

1. That's fucked.
2. Hope you're doing ok up there mate.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 20 Oct 2013, 21:28

This is a minor rant, but I hate when TV shows that have 'monster' episodes try to show that the 'stakes are high' by killing off a random character that was only introduced for five seconds (or less). The biggest show that does this, at least that I can think of/have seen, is Doctor Who. It happened multiple times in the one book I've read. It happens in the TV show constantly. It's always annoying to me.

Frankly, I just find it to be lazy writing more than anything. One of the shows I was watching that reminded me of this is Eureka. The episode with the nanobots in season 1 for those who've seen the show. It introduces a character that dies, off-screen, pretty much right after he's introduced. On top of that, the show makes fun of the fact that... well, nobody cares that he's gone missing.
Phailhammer

Postby Phailhammer » 20 Oct 2013, 21:58

nicholasmc1 wrote:
Phailhammer wrote:Reports of looting in bushfire areas. Are you fucking kidding me? -_-

1. That's fucked.
2. Hope you're doing ok up there mate.

I'm doing ok (I'm about 15km away from the closest one, so all I get is a bit of smoke depending on the wind), though I am a bit worried for one of my friends who lives only a few kilometres down from the latest flare-up in Faulconbridge.
FictionPress stories:
Amake
First Video: Le Cafe

Postby Amake » 20 Oct 2013, 22:26

Darkobra wrote:I think opening anyone's mail is a criminal offense anywhere in the world. Here I think it's still one of our laws that you can get done for treason and killed because until it's given to the recipient intended, it's still the queen's property.

Funky. Here I think you can get ten years for stealing and/or reading someone's mail, not that it belongs to the king or even the state, it's been privatized, they just figure people need to be able to trust the mail system.
"I know I tend to sound like I think what I say is written in stone, but please ignore that. I assure you I'm well aware that I have no idea what I'm talking about." -Amake, 2015
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 21 Oct 2013, 07:58

Amake wrote:
Darkobra wrote:I think opening anyone's mail is a criminal offense anywhere in the world. Here I think it's still one of our laws that you can get done for treason and killed because until it's given to the recipient intended, it's still the queen's property.

Funky. Here I think you can get ten years for stealing and/or reading someone's mail, not that it belongs to the king or even the state, it's been privatized, they just figure people need to be able to trust the mail system.

The death sentence for treason was quietly repealed during the latter half of the twentieth century: Britain now has no capital crimes. In fact, I'm pretty sure it would be barred from the EU if it did (that's one of several reasons Turkey has failed in its numerous applications to join).

It's still a serious crime, but y'ain't gonna get killed any more for looking through someone's post.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
viscomica
First Video: SPRING!

Postby viscomica » 21 Oct 2013, 13:40

It's still being bashed by the European Court of Human Rights, though. Something about life sentences and whatnot
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 21 Oct 2013, 17:08

At some point, I know I'm just going to snap and stop caring about the happiness or well-being of anyone but myself. I will begin to just make lives miserable for my own self-satisfaction and advancement.

I feel this starting. It's already happened where I have zero concern for certain people.

Is this what it means to be emotionally dead? Have I nearly used up all of my well of caring?
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 22 Oct 2013, 18:03

Dear obnoxious sir: I'm so pleased that you noticed that I left the house in a singlet today. Did you also observe that it's really hot today, and maybe my clothing choices were based more around staying cool than urgently wanting to hear you yell out a car window what a slut I am?
Amake
First Video: Le Cafe

Postby Amake » 23 Oct 2013, 00:52

Dear newspapers, when you're writing about a website more openly racist than Stormfront.org, you don't have to call it a "hate", an "extremist", a "right wing extremist" or even a "foreigner-bashing" site; you should just call them racist. This has many benefits, like pissing off racists and letting people know they don't need to care about anything the site has to offer because it just offers ignorance and racism. You should not hold back because people may be upset to read about racists; people should be upset that there are racists, especially when these racists do things.
"I know I tend to sound like I think what I say is written in stone, but please ignore that. I assure you I'm well aware that I have no idea what I'm talking about." -Amake, 2015
Laurnil
First Video: Cannot remember

Postby Laurnil » 23 Oct 2013, 10:33

Hey, client, don't show up two and half hours late for your meeting and then, basically set up a day care for your child in our office.

I understand that you have a child. But, you need to understand that there are appropriate and inappropriate places to bring your child. Court is an inappropriate place. Our offices, where you're going to bad mouth the other parent, is not an appropriate place.
Laurnil

http://www.twitter.com/laurnil

FYI: Laurnil is short for Laura Nichelle

Return to “General Discussion”