Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Re: Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Postby empath » 06 Dec 2013, 04:15

AGH! There's an bot over in the Video Games forum with the most TROLLISH of "copypasta'd Yahoo Answers" posts; it opens with something like "Does geometry influence video games?" and I am SORELY TEMPTED to reply with "No; not at all - why would you EVER think that?!?" :P

...even though I know it's a BOT, and nobody else would care for the pale excuse of a joke... :(

...mustbestrong, mustbestrong, mustbestrong, mustbestrong...
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 06 Dec 2013, 06:25

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2509092/Prince-William-Kate-called-support-Welsh-neighbours-fracking-row.html

It might be Daily Mail, but it's true.

The only reason Will & Kate are being dragged into this is because they have some weight.

I might have accidentally narrowed down where I live. Not as much as when I was posting pictures from my bedroom window/posting pictures of the Menai Bridge.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 06 Dec 2013, 19:03

Mail person: Y U LEAVE EXPENSIVE PACKAGE JUST SITTING ON MY LAWN?
It got soaked in the rain, and also could've been taken by anyone, possibly.
Luckily, Card Kingdom packaged their stuff well, so nothing inside got wet.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 06 Dec 2013, 21:35

Do I honestly look like the kind of person emotional blackmail works on? Doesn't work. If you were in the situation you're bullshitting me with, you'd have dealt with it sooner or come to me LONG ago. Instead you've fucking sat there, whining, feeling sorry for yourself and expecting me to pat you on the head going "There, there."

I will help you help yourself. I will help you in your time of greatest need. I won't do a fucking thing if you sit there brooding and expect the world to find enough silver for a large enough spoon when your wooden spoon is in your lap and works fine.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 06 Dec 2013, 23:37

Huh. I didn't know you knew one of my friends. :P
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 07 Dec 2013, 01:09

Nor one of mine. Though I'm not sure if I can call him much of a friend anymore... It's strange, still caring for someone, but not knowing if they feel the same, or if you can call them a friend, especially when all he does lately seems to piss me off.

Makes me so damn angry...
Hurp-De-Durp!
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 07 Dec 2013, 02:02

Can we just lock them in a room together and put the key on a top shelf so they could EASILY get out if they JUST WORKED for it? Just to see how long they'd get locked in there.

My theory is, they'd starve to death.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 07 Dec 2013, 02:26

Most likely...
Hurp-De-Durp!
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 07 Dec 2013, 02:58

I bruised my ribs. Now other bits of my chest is aching.

I'm so sympathetic, even my muscles are sympathetic to other muscles.

Also my mum found a thing in her other breast, (her GP reassures her that he thinks it's nothing, but said he'd get her an appointment at the hospital for a second opinion).

I'm optimistic it's nothing. Like how I was optimistic when my mum had breast cancer in the other breast. Because if you weren't optimistic, what could you be? I'm more concerned for her since I am an empathetic person and I get brought down by others feeling down.

It would have also been nice if I hadn't learnt about this on the anniversary of my last cats's death (last year). That's my fault for asking my mum if she was OK when I saw her eyes were a little shinier than normal.

I'm starting to believe it's impossible to have a Christmas that doesn't have worry or depression with a comfortable life.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 07 Dec 2013, 10:38

Urgh. Sony.

TL;DR

We ordered Playstation 4 stand alone machines for customers in good faith that we would get THOSE consoles.
Sony didn't deliver giving us machine we didn't want.
I have to deal with backlash.

Long form:

My job this year is to phone all our preorder customers for PS4 and XBOX Ones. I've already had a few people complain that they didn't get their console because we didn't phone them not understanding if they didn't give us an up-to-date number/email or their phone is disconnected we cannot contact them.

I'm calling all our preorder customers who are in the 3rd Phase of getting a PS4. In good faith we were preordering the machines for Christmas as a machine on its own (Solus). In their infinite wisdom Sony decided to make a ton of pre-boxed consoles with either Knack or Killzone and very few solus machines.
With the 60 odd I phoned today only 5 were upset about it. 4 were blaming me directly. I'm trying to do what I can to help with my limited powers but it there is nothing I can do if the solus machines do not exist.
At least one customer who was slightly annoyed with Sony and understood what we were going to deal with.
One or two customers are cancelling their preorders, which is okay. I have one customer who is coming into store tomorrow to speak with me directly. I already explained the issue and Head Office has said that if customers start verbally assaulting or threatening us we can call security and refund their deposit there and then.

Our internal Grid system is alive with messages from stores with angry customers and we as staff are annoyed too. We asked Sony for something and they give us things we don't want and have to deal with the backlash.

Months ago I was ringing customers about what was available for preorder (first phase). Solus machine. With Killzone, with Kilzone and Drive Club, with Watch Dogs. Or Kilzzone two controllers and camera. The list was being sent to Sony so they knew what to expect. Of the 160, only 8 people wanted the machine with Killzone or Killzone and Drive Club. It was pretty much Solus. Two controllers, camera and Watch Dog. Customers were telling me they didn't care for KZ.

I'm stuffing my face full of Pizza and prawn crackers.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 07 Dec 2013, 13:56

Elomin Sha wrote:Urgh. Sony.

TL;DR

We ordered Playstation 4 stand alone machines for customers in good faith that we would get THOSE consoles.
Sony didn't deliver giving us machine we didn't want.
I have to deal with backlash.

Long form:

My job this year is to phone all our preorder customers for PS4 and XBOX Ones. I've already had a few people complain that they didn't get their console because we didn't phone them not understanding if they didn't give us an up-to-date number/email or their phone is disconnected we cannot contact them.

I'm calling all our preorder customers who are in the 3rd Phase of getting a PS4. In good faith we were preordering the machines for Christmas as a machine on its own (Solus). In their infinite wisdom Sony decided to make a ton of pre-boxed consoles with either Knack or Killzone and very few solus machines.
With the 60 odd I phoned today only 5 were upset about it. 4 were blaming me directly. I'm trying to do what I can to help with my limited powers but it there is nothing I can do if the solus machines do not exist.
At least one customer who was slightly annoyed with Sony and understood what we were going to deal with.
One or two customers are cancelling their preorders, which is okay. I have one customer who is coming into store tomorrow to speak with me directly. I already explained the issue and Head Office has said that if customers start verbally assaulting or threatening us we can call security and refund their deposit there and then.

Our internal Grid system is alive with messages from stores with angry customers and we as staff are annoyed too. We asked Sony for something and they give us things we don't want and have to deal with the backlash.

Months ago I was ringing customers about what was available for preorder (first phase). Solus machine. With Killzone, with Kilzone and Drive Club, with Watch Dogs. Or Kilzzone two controllers and camera. The list was being sent to Sony so they knew what to expect. Of the 160, only 8 people wanted the machine with Killzone or Killzone and Drive Club. It was pretty much Solus. Two controllers, camera and Watch Dog. Customers were telling me they didn't care for KZ.

I'm stuffing my face full of Pizza and prawn crackers.

The proper TL;DR there would be: I work in consumer electronics retail. (Probably the worse kind of retail there is)
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 07 Dec 2013, 13:58

In 5 years I've never had this kind of problem before.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 07 Dec 2013, 14:54

That's because it's been more than five years since the last major launch.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 07 Dec 2013, 15:06

Handhelds went off without a hitch.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 07 Dec 2013, 15:14

That's why I said a major launch. Handhelds don't seem to have such a huge amount of people going after them. Nor did the Wii U for some reason.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 07 Dec 2013, 18:34

Well, with the benefit of hindsight, we should have expected Sony to do something douchebaggy (or even just 'innocently incompetent'); in the past while, they've been relatively good as a company; I guess destiny/karma/fate decided the pendulum had to swing back in the other direction...pity it had to hit you along the way. :(

Here's hoping the cx svc 'issues' get sorted out amicably and without too much 'entitled first-world full-grown-child tantrums'... :P
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 07 Dec 2013, 18:49

I am so glad im not a first adopter, I can imagin how frustrated I would be with this whole preorder system, oh you want to buy a game? Give us money up front for the right to buy it. Yeeeck
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 07 Dec 2013, 18:57

It's why I don't buy new releases any more from ANYONE!

PS1 original: Dead.
PS1 slim: Still working to this day.
PS2 original: Dead.
PS2 slim: Works like a charm!
PS3 original: Deader than dead.
PS3 slim: Larger hard drive AND works great!

Will wait for PS4 slim. Will not touch this beta test.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 07 Dec 2013, 20:37

Well...last night certainly happened. I'd like to think I could have done something, had I tuned into the conversation earlier, but the way things were going it was going to come out anyway. The only difference would have been that I was dragged in as well. :/
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
MinniChi
First Video: Your Very Own Prom

Postby MinniChi » 08 Dec 2013, 07:56

I spent 25$ on a formula, only to find out my little one doesn't like it, and it doesn't like him. :x

Addition: I had been looking for my crochet hooks and knitting needles from August until about 3 weeks ago when I gave up.

Jump forward to 15 minutes ago. I found my damn needles! After I've purchased 7 new hooks! Argh! Well, at least I don't need to new needles.
No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 08 Dec 2013, 09:23

DEAR GOD JUST ACCEPT THAT I'M RIGHT! TAKE THE LOSS! LEARN FROM IT! And you know what? If I'm wrong, nothing happens! If YOU'RE wrong, I lose a GREAT DEAL OF MONEY AND END UP WITH NOTHING! No risk to you EITHER! FUCKING! WAY!

But every action I make, everything I do in life is done through incredibly careful planning and calculations. So believe me, I am right. So stop arguing with me and let me enjoy my ONE fucking day off this week.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 08 Dec 2013, 10:08

Update:
Customers who were annoyed with my phone calls yesterday came in and we had something new to help them. We sell the Knack console and honour a previous Knack trade in that finished of £40 so it can be used to what they wanted. Happiness all round...except...

On our preorder sheets is a name, phone number, item ordered and order number. It was printed yesterday. I called one customer and left a message. Parents come in today saying that the machine was a surprise and it has been spoilt. We check the card and there is a different number on there to the one on the sheet. For some reason when the number was changed updated on the Loyalty Card but for some reason not on the preorder sheet. Never happened before.
You may now call me: Elomin Sha, the Ruiner of Christmases!
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 08 Dec 2013, 10:51

I'm going to put this in a collapse so it's less likely to be stumbled upon by the wrong people.

So my roommate (who is also my landlord) had a party last night. As per my request he put my consoles away except the N64, which I then put away because I didn't want drunk people messing around with it. It means the most to me because I've had it since childhood and the joysticks on two of the controllers are pristine (if you know anything about N64s you know those things suck and most lose their resistance/responsiveness quickly). It's also the favourite of his drunk friends because I have two popular multiplayer games for it and it supports four players.

Anyway the point is drunk people are often rowdy and last time I let them use my N64 I could hear through the door that they were being too aggressive with the controllers, so I don't make it available anymore.

This morning I come out to find it plugged in on the floor with controllers and games scattered around. When I confronted my roommate he said (paraphrasing) "Don't look at me." To which I said in an uncharacteristically aggressive tone, "No, that's fine, take no responsibility for it."

He apologized but it didn't really seem sincere as I knelt down to look it over. It doesn't look like anything's missing and the controllers seem alright but I'm still angry. I don't know if I have a right to be pissed but I am. Just because you're drunk doesn't mean you're not responsible for the people or things in the house.

He's been doing that a lot lately. He's taken to eating my food because he figures I won't get around to eating it, and last party he had ground the internet to a halt and they drank some of my coke. He replaced it (with two cans of a different kind of coke) but the blatant disrespect gets on my nerves. He asked to use the rum in my closet months ago, then promised he'd replace it, then said he'd replace it with cans of cider, then when he finally did replace it (months later, claiming it was my Christmas present) the paper bag it was in was ripping in the back. I pointed this out to him before we left the store and he said "I'm sure you'll sort it out." When we got home the bag was torn open and cans were everywhere.

Fuck. I'm not allowed to be angry at him. Any time I get pissed he acts like I'm being unreasonable. He gets super pissed at me for stuff that, when he does to me, he shrugs off. Fuck.

He does equally disrespectful things to our former roommate, inviting him into town to go to dinner, then texting us to say he's going to eat at home instead, then offering us a lift, saying, as we got out of the car, "I don't care where you go but I'm going to x" before running across the street to catch the bus. When I asked him about it later he said he "didn't even remember [I was] there" and just wanted "to get away from" my ex-roommate. The same ex-roommate who came in to have dinner with him.
Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Postby Fezzul » 08 Dec 2013, 18:02

Why, when I specifically state that I am casting a role that is bi-racial Chinese/Caucasian, am I getting headshots of whitebread mid-westerners? Can people not read casting breakdowns? I know actors are all desperate for work, but you can't say you look Chinese if you quite plainly don't...

Also, my MDP-HDMI cable is fucked, so I have to use my backup PC Cable and adapter, meaning that the display quality is shite on my TV/monitor at the moment... urgh.
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
Psycat Aurora
First Video: Rejected WiiPlay Games

Postby Psycat Aurora » 08 Dec 2013, 22:48

Why must I live with such horrible people?
Deviantart: Psycat-Aurora
Instagram: @psycataurora
Tumblr: Psycat Aurora
Twitter: @Psycat_Aurora

Return to “General Discussion”