Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Lurkon
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Re: Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Postby Lurkon » 24 Apr 2014, 10:26

AdmiralMemo wrote:
Lurkon wrote:Every time a video has poorly mixed audio, ALL THE AUDIO IS IN THE LEFT CHANNEL! Why is my left speaker dead? :(
Are you able to swap lines somehow so the left sound goes to the right speaker?

No, and I can't downsample to mono-sound either. Apparently you could do that in XP, but now cannot in 7.
Do a Pivot Table!

"Cover me in lube and call me an athlete!" ~ Kathleen De Vere
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 25 Apr 2014, 01:28

I was trying to do a little work, listen to some music, and get a few personal things sorted out. During this time, I have a bowl of cereal I'm trying to eat. Out of nowhere, I have one of the cats jumps onto my chest, knocking the cereal bowl onto the floor, and digs all of his claws directly into my chest. :evil:

After extracting the cat's claws from my skin, I threw him in the bathroom and shut him in there. I surveyed the damage. Soggy cereal and milk were all over the floor, along with a ton of shards of glass where the bowl shattered. I had to move furniture to get the totality of it cleaned up, and it took about an hour due to concerns with the glass, concerns with the ongoing ant problem, and various other things.

The wounds still smart...

All in all, not a happy camper right now, especially since there was zero reason for him to do that. :evil:
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 25 Apr 2014, 08:32

I got a warning on the Escapist forums for criticising users who were being overly sarcastic at Bioware for Dragon Age 3 having the Rogue/Mage/Warrior.

If only those people could put that energy towards being sarcastic about yet another "White Straight Male".

Looks like I am going to report posts who I think are reportable now.
Bebop Man
First Video: The Pirate Video

Postby Bebop Man » 25 Apr 2014, 09:01

Damn now I wanna know which user are you.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 25 Apr 2014, 09:22

Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:I got a warning on the Escapist forums for criticising users who were being overly sarcastic at Bioware for Dragon Age 3 having the Rogue/Mage/Warrior.

If only those people could put that energy towards being sarcastic about yet another "White Straight Male".

I don't think it had anything to do with your criticism and counter-points. I think it had to do with the line "Something tells me you're being a twat for the sake of being a sarcy twat."
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 25 Apr 2014, 14:03

Holy fucking hell... how can sound levels at an event be deemed normal when OVER a mile away, with the window closed, and waering earplugs I can still understand the "song"text. Word for word. And its keeping me awake... just when i could really do with a good night sleep. Did i piss someone off or something :(
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 26 Apr 2014, 00:28

Darkobra wrote:
Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:I got a warning on the Escapist forums for criticising users who were being overly sarcastic at Bioware for Dragon Age 3 having the Rogue/Mage/Warrior.

I don't think it had anything to do with your criticism and counter-points. I think it had to do with the line "Something tells me you're being a twat for the sake of being a sarcy twat."

The guy I was addressing told me he didn't think I deserved a warning.So it sort of defeats the purpose of being warned about "being insulting". The other person wasn't insulted, so I wasn't being insulting.
Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Postby Ptangmatik » 26 Apr 2014, 00:52

Well, I guess you have to consider that if they don't give you a small slap on the wrist, the forums could explode with people calling one another twats on the basis of "well that other guy didn't get told off for this".

Most forums' users are not known for their ability to make subtle distinctions, after all.
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 26 Apr 2014, 01:23

Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:The other person wasn't insulted, so I wasn't being insulting.

Disagree, personally. If, for example, I get called a bitch, slut & variety of female slurs for voicing a feminist opinion, I might not be too insulted since I'm a dude and find that kind of thing quite funny- doesn't mean the language is neither insulting nor inappropriate
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Bebop Man

Postby Bebop Man » 26 Apr 2014, 10:13

It's all there! Black and white, clear as crystal! You STOLE Fizzy-Lifting Drinks called a person a name!

Calling people names

Code of Conduct.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 26 Apr 2014, 12:25

So; my GPU and PSU arrived back on Thurday, but I was about to go to work that night, and knew I'd be tired after working Friday morning as well to fiddle around with that after work on Friday.

So, today...I slept in, and ended up having a latish lunch. :)

So at 2pm, I started:

I knew I'd need to have a large clear area to work on the compy, so I cleared off my desk; getting rid of myriad scrap notes (Abe Lincoln ain't got NOTHIN' on my envelope collection ;) ), bills, and associated detritus that's accumulated around my keyboard, speakers and monitors.

...at 3pm, I had the desk cleared off and dusted. :lol:

I got the box up, gutted out the old power supply and it's maze of cables, and removed the RAM dimms and the video card.

And I cracked open the shrink wrap on my 'new' ASUS eForce GTX750TI, and Corsair RM750.

Darkobra?

THANK YOU.

That thing is BEAUTIFUL - customizable cords (much less 'cable mess'), included...'zop strops' :lol: and even a sticker zyxst can put on her computer case :mrgreen:

That and the gfx card were installed without too much trouble (the only real failing I had was forgetting to buy a can of compressed air for cleaning *coff-coff*), and I reconnected everything and started it up...

...and got the same 'Hard reboots itself during POST' issue. ERGO it's the RAM.

After checking, the old 2x2Gb dimms are 1333MHz, and the new 8Gb one is 1600MHz...which ASUS says my model of motherboard can handle, but...

:(

So I wasted $80 on a RAM my computer can't use, and then spent another $400 on upgrades that - while they're nice - weren't exactly NECESSARY, and more importantly, didn't solve my problem.

Oh well...I had been hankering to get a better graphics card, and the PSU was four years old...

...I just wish I had another hundred bucks or so to get an 8Gb 1333MHz SODIMM that WOULD work in my computer, since that's the other (and CHEAPER) upgrade I planned on in the first place.

Course, my tax refund's all spent, and even after I get paid this thursday, I'm not gonna have that much to spare. :P

...oh, and another silver lining - my desk hasn't looked this clean in YEARS. ;)
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 26 Apr 2014, 13:22

You live and learn. Think of it this way- you can sell the RAM on, and in the meantime you've still got a pretty badass PC that'll last you a good few years.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 26 Apr 2014, 13:36

No problem! And can't you get a refund on the RAM?
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
empath

Postby empath » 26 Apr 2014, 13:49

Eh, probably no refund on the opened package :J

Nonetheless, I can always sell it used; I was planning to take my perfectly useful GTS 450 to a shop for resale - let someone else get some use out of it! :)

I just gotta put money aside over the next few paycheques to save up for the right RAM...'the Secret World' will still have to wait a little while longer. :D
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 26 Apr 2014, 13:51

Where did you get it? I had ordered the wrong type of RAM from Amazon, told the supplier and they took it back, no questions asked.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Dutch guy

Postby Dutch guy » 26 Apr 2014, 14:28

Darkobra wrote:Where did you get it? I had ordered the wrong type of RAM from Amazon, told the supplier and they took it back, no questions asked.

^This^

A lot of suppliers will swap or refund if you ordered the wrong part, even if the packaging has been opened.
empath

Postby empath » 26 Apr 2014, 14:59

...yeah, it's hardware isn't it? *headslap*

I'm just slavishly indoctrinated to that 'no return without original seal' stuff :P
Dutch guy

Postby Dutch guy » 26 Apr 2014, 15:52

Well its worth a try in any case! You've got nothing to lose.
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 27 Apr 2014, 03:43

Oh yay. End of the break, and I haven't done what I should have had done by the end of it. I'd probably be less annoyed if it didn't happen what seems like EVERY. SINGLE. FUCKING. TIME.
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 27 Apr 2014, 09:03

I hate being left alone to my own thoughts. I hate where my brain goes when left idle. Why do I ever let myself go to such places?
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 27 Apr 2014, 12:13

+1 MasterGunner.
leapy
First Video: One of the old ENN ones, it was ages ago

Postby leapy » 27 Apr 2014, 13:48

ARRRRGGGGGG!!!

I've had two weeks to get ready for a test that goes towards my final grade tomorrow, have I studied, have I fuck. I know I should study, I planned to study, I set aside paid work to study, but every time I attempted to get down to it I've found something that needed my immediate attention RIGHT THERE AND THEN.

What's pissing me off is that I know I'm smart enough to pass this course, I KNOW I'm good enough. I even know where all the physiological shit is coming from. ( A bunch of negative self beliefs, Jonah Complex, whatever you want to call it.) I just can't seem to break the cycle
Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Postby Ptangmatik » 27 Apr 2014, 15:11

I still sometimes remember doing that in my nightmares leapy. It's been a while now, but I once dragged out an old box of my notes and started searching through them sleepily until I remembered that I'd graduated years ago

Also +1 Gunner. Stick on some CarboHydroM (or other artist du jour) and drown out the voices, helps me no end.
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Postby Fezzul » 28 Apr 2014, 08:30

Not really a vent, just a minor annoyance at myself. Working in the haunted house last night, my metal chain got caught in something, when I got it loose it flipped up back at me and caught me just below the eye. So now I have slight black eye.
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
Bebop Man

Postby Bebop Man » 28 Apr 2014, 10:01

Isn't that grounds for a lawsuit?

Return to “General Discussion”