Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Bebop Man
First Video: The Pirate Video

Re: Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Postby Bebop Man » 27 Oct 2014, 13:55

The neighbors sure like their "Jesus loves you" CD album.
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 27 Oct 2014, 14:17

Very happy to have a good headset, or else I think our neighbours would hate the Shovel Knight soundtrack right about now. >_>;
Hurp-De-Durp!
Fenrir
First Video: LRRcast for Interrupted Garage

Postby Fenrir » 28 Oct 2014, 03:13

You know...I realize this is a silly thing to get annoyed over but...

If you log on to steam at 3 am wanting to play something, I Can understand wanting to switch to secret squirrel mode. Cos, y'know, who would want to be disturbed at 3 am, right?

...The fact you felt the need to when I was the only one online at the time still kind of urked me though. It's made worse by the fact you felt the need to then switch *back* to online mode when I logged in to the same game you were on.

I wasn't going to disturb you. I felt no need to talk to you. Not for lack of wanting to but I was trying to respect the fact that it was 3 am where you were.

I know it likely wasn't entirely aimed at me specifically either.

I'm not annoyed. Just perhaps a little disappointed.
"Sing something new, I have nothing left. I can't face the dark without you."

: Fenrir - DB IRC : LRRFenrir - TwitchTV : @the_dismuke - Twitter :

leapy
First Video: One of the old ENN ones, it was ages ago

Postby leapy » 28 Oct 2014, 09:22

Bebop Man wrote:The neighbors sure like their "Jesus loves you" CD album.

Hmm, perhaps it's time to crank up some Norwegian death metal, or perhaps, I don't know, something like the Dead Kennedys?

I'm sure they'd love to hear Too Drunk To Fuck played at high volume :)
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 28 Oct 2014, 17:21

Or maybe Public Enemy? Heck, even some choice Rage Against The Machine or Beastie Boys? (heheheh, "Sabotage" at 11 :twisted: )
empath

Postby empath » 28 Oct 2014, 17:25

No, wait - even better than RatM: THIS (also gives them a little hint ;) )
leapy

Postby leapy » 28 Oct 2014, 18:30

I will see your RATM and raise you King Diamond, Welcome home

Is it wrong that I actually googled "songs to piss off christians"?
Mums
First Video: Checkpoint "Socially inept"

Postby Mums » 28 Oct 2014, 23:17

The Tiger Lillies - Hamsters
Sit down. Get ready. Sit down again!

The perfectly lying, lying bastad!
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 29 Oct 2014, 01:58

I wonder how many people will disagree with this opinion I have.

I dislike the term "Thanks for making me stronger" when referring to an individual to made a person's life a misery, but the person managed to get through it and as a result "became stronger".

Firsty, it makes out strength is a good trait. Strength is subjective. You can be emotionally strong, empathetically strong, strong lovingly, strong in spirit, physically strong. Usually when "strong" is implied with regards to hardships it comes across as being thick-skinned. This isn't necessarily a good thing since emotions are important. There is no shame with being an emotional person. It's just who you are. Growing a thick skin risks losing the ability to feel.

It also come across as slightly spiteful. As if saying "Hah hah. You made my life shit. But to spite you, I will thank you".

My opinion is that things may or may not happen in your life that land on the shit-o-meter. Somehow, you will get through them (help from friends, family, other people, spiritual etc...) Once on the other side, you'll gain something from it, because it's making the most of out something utterly crap.
If a person is the cause, then I don't think gratitude is good. Gratitude validates and in a way says it's "ok" what they did. I think "forgiveness" is better. It shoves the shit back onto the person who did it and lets you move on. "I forgive the hellish crap you did to me. Therefore I can move on and be the most at peace I can be. I can maybe even forget you".
--
I just think "thanks for making me stronger" is an expression that contains spite. It's not a wholesome reaction towards arse holes who make your life a misery. Maybe if the thank you is sincere, but it never is. It's always done in a "Don't let the haters tear you down" type mentality... which can be arrogant at times.
Fenrir
First Video: LRRcast for Interrupted Garage

Postby Fenrir » 29 Oct 2014, 10:55

If you were just going to DELETE IT anyway, why the hell did you go through all that trouble? Why did you say "Oh, hey, yeah, this was fun!"?

You, sir, are a fucking jackass sometimes and it annoys the fuck out of me.
"Sing something new, I have nothing left. I can't face the dark without you."

: Fenrir - DB IRC : LRRFenrir - TwitchTV : @the_dismuke - Twitter :

leapy

Postby leapy » 29 Oct 2014, 12:33

Mums wrote:The Tiger Lillies - Hamsters

Curse you! CURSE YOU! That song is now going round and round in my brain.

How about Blink 182 - Fuck a dog ?
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 29 Oct 2014, 14:49

Confessions by Tim Minchin, just because they probably won't see the chorus coming.
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 29 Oct 2014, 14:50

I was originally going to post this in the Feminism thread, but realized Venting might be more appropriate when I started swearing;

I don't know and I personally don't care if this is real Emergency Hotline 911 receives a 'pizza order' , but some of the comments really piss me off.

"Smart of her to use that trick, too bad she's not smart enough to get out of relationship."

"They said several calls from the adress right? Well, it was clever of her, too bad she didn't stay away."

And several things stating pretty much that over and over again.

How about, instead of condemning the victim, you condemn the fucker who's hitting his girlfriend/wife you GODDAMN, FLOORLICKING, PONDLIFE!?!

I just... urgh, there are no words, it makes me so angry. Do they know NOTHING about predatory behaviour in abusive men/women? We learnt this is fucking SCHOOL. They lure the women(I know it happens to men to, but for the sake of simplicity I will be using women) in and start a relationship with them, then slowly, steadily, strip away more and more of their indepedence. Give her rides to and from work, make her spend less time with family and friends, and more, and begin to isolate the woman from those she was close to. Isolate her until she's got no one she feels she can turn to, and he's got enough control of her life to slowly let the violence begin, this also slowly so that the apologies and promises to change seem sincere, and then it gets worse... and worse ... and worse. And if she tries to leave? Threats, of her life, the life of her children, the life of her family, the life of her pet even. To the point that she likely will feel that everyone will be safer if she just stays put.

Women in abusive relationships are SURVIVORS. So FUCK any fucking shit-for-brains, snotgoblin who has the GODDAMN NERVE to give a smarmy statement from their high horse that 'She should of been smart enough to leave'. Their high horse so rotten and decomposed I'm amazed they can be delusional enough to believe it's still fucking there, that takes a certain kind of special; though that probably comes from having punched their own goddamn nose in so that they can ignore the smell!
Hurp-De-Durp!
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 29 Oct 2014, 18:17

An update on my back. Went to the doctor's. It was dealt with, although the entire thing was fairly painful. The annoying part comes in that they put in something to keep it open. The idea was to let it drain out the stuff that was in it. Which means I've been walking around with a bandage in the middle of my back for a while. I can't change it myself, since it's in the middle of my back. And I have to constantly worry about it leaking.

I'm glad to have it dealt with. But it's a pain to keep it draining.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 30 Oct 2014, 02:49

Why did I spend all day yesterday and all day today playing Crusader Kings 2 and watching The West Wing rather than applying for a job?
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
leapy

Postby leapy » 30 Oct 2014, 03:38

Kapol wrote: I can't change it myself, since it's in the middle of my back. And I have to constantly worry about it leaking.

I'm glad to have it dealt with. But it's a pain to keep it draining.

I have to say, that sounds both painful as hell and "eww".
Valkyrie-Lemons
First Video: Spoken Word

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 30 Oct 2014, 03:43

Yay! Video Games have a front page 'Features' [article] on the BBC News website!

...Although regrettably it's not about how great video games can be, but rather how shittily we treat some its members. Ugh...

(Although I should say there was a [piece] recently about Minecraft being good to teach Kids about computers, so it's not all bad...I guess.)
Prospero101 wrote:...is it weird that I REALLY hope that someday I say something memorable enough to be quoted in someone else's signature?

I'm trying this 'Twitter' thing, if you just want to send a message/question/joke, please send it to: @Valkyrie_Lemons , thanks!
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 30 Oct 2014, 10:51

I've actually managed to avoid gamergate.
The tone in which it was talked about it on Twitter made me think I should avoid it completely.
I wonder how many others thought the same as me.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 30 Oct 2014, 11:01

I had the same idea Merry.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Mums
First Video: Checkpoint "Socially inept"

Postby Mums » 30 Oct 2014, 15:13

I'm candidating for president of my students association. There is one other person up against me. He has basically no real ideas, a lot less knowledge and less copmpetense. But he's a charismatic guy who has a lot of friends and he is campaigning a lot. I think the vote will become a popularity contest which I will have a hard time winning, if the votes are cast on who'll add to the association I have a very good chance but it feels like I'm screwed because he thinks that it would be a cool thing to be...
Sit down. Get ready. Sit down again!

The perfectly lying, lying bastad!
Valkyrie-Lemons
First Video: Spoken Word

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 30 Oct 2014, 15:52

Mums wrote:I'm candidating for president of my students association. There is one other person up against me. He has basically no real ideas, a lot less knowledge and less copmpetense. But he's a charismatic guy who has a lot of friends and he is campaigning a lot. I think the vote will become a popularity contest which I will have a hard time winning, if the votes are cast on who'll add to the association I have a very good chance but it feels like I'm screwed because he thinks that it would be a cool thing to be...

Welcome to politics!

Any form of election soon becomes a popularity contest, even the elections at school for the completely pointless position of head of the year.

The sad thing is that even if you challenged him on his credentials, he's still probably going to still get a lot of people who'll just vote for him for being charismatic.

Maybe you'll just need to initiate a coup to install the right leader...
Prospero101 wrote:...is it weird that I REALLY hope that someday I say something memorable enough to be quoted in someone else's signature?

I'm trying this 'Twitter' thing, if you just want to send a message/question/joke, please send it to: @Valkyrie_Lemons , thanks!
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 30 Oct 2014, 16:41

Sorry to comment on your English Mums, but candidate is almost never used as a verb in English. The idiomatic English is 'I'm running for president'.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 30 Oct 2014, 18:38

Or "declaring candidacy"
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

empath

Postby empath » 30 Oct 2014, 19:05

my work...how do I say this?

Oh yeah...
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 30 Oct 2014, 21:42

leapy wrote:I have to say, that sounds both painful as hell and "eww".

Thankfully, it's not painful at all. It hasn't hurt at all since the initial surgery. But it is very eww. And it's just annoying. I've had bandages taped to my back for the past four days or so. Not fun.

Return to “General Discussion”