Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Re: Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Postby Mister Fiend » 03 Mar 2015, 21:47

But seriously, today was one of those days where it felt like we were in The Sims and the player was asking themself "What else can we do to fuck with them?"
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
viscomica
First Video: SPRING!

Postby viscomica » 04 Mar 2015, 18:59

So early today I was told it was going to snow tomorrow. Which didn't surprise me because it's been cold all week (kind of) and today it rained. But I just thought it'd be like a very mellow kind of snow day. And that it would stop after a while. With that in mind I purchased a train ticket (because the bus wasn't providing any service until further notice... ) for tomorrow at ten thirty a.m.
At like 7 p.m today I find out tomorrow we might have a snow storm (yay) and that storm kind of ruins my plans. Also, I cannot change the ticket online (because I purchased it directly when I was at the station today, in person) so if the snow storm happens tomorrow I will be forced to call super early to please ask amtrak to change my tickets...
I know I'm on vacation and thus aren't allowed to complain about these things but... tableflip!
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 04 Mar 2015, 21:22

On the CONTRARY; these sorts of things happening on vacation are MORE valid to provoke a tableflip. :(

Nonetheless, here's hoping one of happen:
1. The storm isn't nearly as problematic as forecast, and you plans go ahead unchanged,

2. The storm interrupts things, but Amtrak is helpful and makes the ticket changes you will need.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 05 Mar 2015, 03:00

AdmiralMemo wrote:Would you settle for this video?

This is a good thing why sorcery and magic doesn't exist. And if it did, it's a sin.

The world would go to pot if people had their selfish wishes granted.
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 05 Mar 2015, 05:41

Your wedding was seven years ago, stop trying to make your friends' wedding about you. This is exactly the reason why you weren't made a bridesmaid. It is comical how narcissistic you are sometimes.
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
viscomica

Postby viscomica » 05 Mar 2015, 06:42

empath wrote:On the CONTRARY; these sorts of things happening on vacation are MORE valid to provoke a tableflip. :(

Nonetheless, here's hoping one of happen:
1. The storm isn't nearly as problematic as forecast, and you plans go ahead unchanged,

2. The storm interrupts things, but Amtrak is helpful and makes the ticket changes you will need.

Amtrak changed my ticket! For tomorrow's afternoon.
On the bright side, I've got one more day to pack my traveling bag and stuff.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 06 Mar 2015, 10:42

I got into a car accident about two weeks ago when coming around a corner a slid sideways into another car. The damage was her door was dented and my headlight broke so it was clearly a very low speed collision.

The officer who responded to the scene gave us both tickets for "excessive speed" noting on my ticket "traveling 15-20 MPH into the curve" and on hers "traveling at 40 into the curve"

I went to court to dispute the ticket, and cited that the ticket said I was going less than half of the posted speed limit, the crash was caused not by negligence but by unavoidable conditions created by poor road maintenance because as we were getting out of our cars after the accident the plow truck came through to spread sand, had he arrived moments earlier there would have been no accident.

The Judge replied "I dont care if you were doing 20 or 2, if you cant control your vehicle you shouldn't be driving, the ticket stands, dismissed, next case"

as we were leaving the sheriffs deputy said "sorry, I have never seen that judge vacate a fine"

What is the point of having a traffic court if the judge is always going to say "nope it stands"
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Valkyrie-Lemons
First Video: Spoken Word

Postby Valkyrie-Lemons » 06 Mar 2015, 12:52

Lord Hosk wrote:as we were leaving the sheriffs deputy said "sorry, I have never seen that judge vacate a fine"

What is the point of having a traffic court if the judge is always going to say "nope it stands"

Because it brings in money.

I don't know how the money from fines get processed in the US, but I wouldn't be surprised if the money goes to help cover budget shortfalls.

But if you feel that judge is not doing their job properly, maybe you should find someone you can report it to? (Not that they're guaranteed to do anything about it)

Regardless, that really sucks.
Prospero101 wrote:...is it weird that I REALLY hope that someday I say something memorable enough to be quoted in someone else's signature?

I'm trying this 'Twitter' thing, if you just want to send a message/question/joke, please send it to: @Valkyrie_Lemons , thanks!
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 07 Mar 2015, 12:14

This was going to go in the mixed feeling thread, but I decided it was safer to post it here:

So, apparently, people were shocked that there are apparently a few supporters of that most color hashtag that I don't need to even say the name of, do I, and I would say it if I didn't want to possibly derail the thread. Anyway, there are a few enforcers (or maybe just one, but odds are it's more than one) who are supporters that that whole thing.

That is troublesome and bothersome, considering how awesome the enforcers are, and what that movement is known for most of all is silly. The two philosophies would seem to be opposed to one another. Then again, maybe the breed of person who becomes an enforcer isn't the same breed of person who causes trouble for others online for fun. It's not impossible.

HOWEVER...

Maybe saying that people of a certain ideology can't be enforcers, even if it's wise and true... MAYBE that being an explicit rule in the PAX rules might backfire and give the movement tons of ammunition and momentum for the "see, we ARE being persecuted" subset of them that desperately WANT to be victims of some collective organized conspiracy? The odds were stacked on there being at least one, and for all we know, they are a longtime enforcer. If they DIDN'T bring him back because of the newfound fealty to this silliness, and they caught wind of it, we'd be in the same boat.

This conflict was pretty much inevitable, but now that it's here, I only hope that whoever the enforcer is isn't going to be used as a pawn by either side to make some political moves. Rather, I'd like to know who it is and what they have done and what they believe and why they are an enforcer. That sounds like a more productive discussion.

EDIT: Well, Ben Kuchera tweeted: "An Enforcer tweeting jokes about murdering a speaker at PAX East kind of suggests the show has grown too big for volunteer security."

OK. If that's what it was, that's a horse of a distinctly different color. And yeah, that's messed up like hell. I sorta wish they'd led with that rather than the other thing.
Last edited by King Kool on 07 Mar 2015, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
empath

Postby empath » 07 Mar 2015, 13:02

Look, I totally believe that you were served salad that got mistakenly overpriced...but without even a GUESS as to how much it was, let alone having the receipt or the container with the price tag on it, and the fact that the manager and the assistant managers left about a half-hour ago, there's not a lot any of us still in the deli can do - if you could even give us a rough estimate of what the 'full' price was, we can do some math and work out how much you were overcharged and go from there, but...

Hope you DO come back tomorrow - during the timeframe when the manager will be around - and we get it sorted out for you...but in the meantime? Image

Also, it's much nicer to have an icepack for my hand; the swelling from the arthritis is going down a lot to the point that I can actually bend my fingers and push things with them without tear-invoking pain...pity I had to suffer through it (and basically give up the use of my main, dextrous hand) for three hours...
empath

Postby empath » 08 Mar 2015, 09:59

So, went out shopping...

Stop blocking the whole aisle while you gab with whoever it is over your cell, stop bumping me with your fucking cart in the checkout, and PUT DOWN THE FUCKING PHONE BECAUSE THE DAMN LIGHT IS GREEN!!!

However, I still blame dubya for my mood - he stole two weeks worth of an hour's sleep from me, dammit, and made me out of sync with the civilized world...
MotorWaffle
First Video: Phailhaus #3

Postby MotorWaffle » 08 Mar 2015, 10:10

When people block everything to stop and chat is one of most incredibly infuriating situations. I mean, are you so wrapped up in yourself that you've just lost track of the existence of people other than you?

There's a residential road leading up to my house where for some reason (and I have no Earthly clue what that reason is) people think it's acceptable to just stop their cars (usually trucks) in the middle of the street to chat with people on the sidewalk. the roads are too narrow to get around larger vehicles, so PULL MOVER OR MOVE YOUR ASS ON DOWN THE ROAD.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 09 Mar 2015, 09:38

*Me playing Heroes of the Storm.*

Friend who I haven't spoken to for ages: "Things don't see going well. You've been losing games"

Me: "Hai". "Haven't spoken to you in ages!"

Him: "Likewise". "How are you?"

Me: "Winning."

Like... how else could I reply to that without saying: "Why the fuck are you speaking to me like that what we haven't communicated in a very long time. Especially since the last time I was bitching about some people's behavior which you think is perfectly normal. What's wrong with engaging in a nice way or neutral way? Why do you have to engage someone who you haven't spoken to in a long time with something that can come across as a put down?
Why do people think it's socially acceptable to put each other down as a way of social banter?

I hope I was polite and still implied how I felt.
MotorWaffle
First Video: Phailhaus #3

Postby MotorWaffle » 09 Mar 2015, 21:12

Nothing, not a single GODDAM thing can just go correctly, can it? I can do everything in my power to make sure things are set up exactly how they need to be, but inexplicable shit will spawn from the ether to screw over everything.

Never is this more common than with working on my computer. I get Guild Wars 2 because it's 70% off. I install it, which literally takes DAYS. I run it.

Severe error, shutting down.

Of course. It's talking about being unable to read memory. Fine, run every single test I can think of or look up. Oh look, my memory is fine according to literally goddam everything except the game. Try updating chipsets and drivers. Everything is updated just fine.

Given the sheer amount of bullshit I went through putting together this rig, installing a new OS (a process that managed to take several days to figure out even with the help of an IT professional) and going through my graphic driver update somehow managing to crash the entire card, I'm guessing the issue is that there's is one thing that's somehow at the exact right angle in relation with the rotation of fucking Jupiter causing just enough space radiation to make me hallucinate the entire thing and I'm actually just bashing a dead raccoon with a discarded windshield wiper while screaming "I COMPUTER GOOD".
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 11 Mar 2015, 10:00

A dick has been threatening my family and where I live the last couple of days. Police are involved.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 11 Mar 2015, 11:32

Woah. Hope you're all okay.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 11 Mar 2015, 11:57

Currently we're fine. My mother is worried (son with heart condition, two daughters and my stepfather suffers from bipolar disorder to take care of) and despairs at how people can act so idiotically. It's all over a vehicle my stepfather sold, guy was demanding money back because of a non-existent problem and saying beause he claims he is a gypsey he can do things to 'nice families'. I live with them, mainly to help with my brother and to be stoic and clear headed when things happen so things should be okay, his father is an former policeman so that helps too.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 11 Mar 2015, 11:59

:( :( :( I'm sorry people are shit.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 11 Mar 2015, 12:10

Yep.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 11 Mar 2015, 12:35

I have no idea who he is, but BLEEP that guy.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
viscomica

Postby viscomica » 11 Mar 2015, 13:13

Mmmm I came here to complain about the credit card people getting suspicious of me spending a lot while abroad (and so I couldn't buy that goooorgeous MK bag ) but...
Elomin please stay safe! And yes BLEEP that guy.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 11 Mar 2015, 13:23

I will be. I have an impenetrable wall of wit and halitosis.
Last edited by Elomin Sha on 11 Mar 2015, 13:50, edited 1 time in total.
Timelady
First Video: Deeply Religious

Postby Timelady » 11 Mar 2015, 13:39

Yeah, good luck and bleep that guy. *offers garlic to fuel the wall of wit!*
AmazingPjotrMan wrote:Bacon is not a chronological entity.
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 11 Mar 2015, 15:01

I hope this guy gets dealt with quick, because FU-I mean, bleep that guy.

*surreptitiously adds some snark to the wall of wit*
Hurp-De-Durp!
empath

Postby empath » 11 Mar 2015, 16:49

*me buttresses the Wall of Wit with callous indifference to the emotional tantrums of one's enemies* (one of the most satisfying ways of getting under their skin is to just invalidate their 'righteous indignation')

Return to “General Discussion”