Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Re: Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Postby empath » 28 Jun 2015, 12:04

the_lone_bard wrote:That seems like a problem with phone keyboards, made really bad by poor website design.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 28 Jun 2015, 12:59

Getting a `you´re banned` page simply by making a typo is just poor website design. I can mistype on my laptop or desktop as well.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 28 Jun 2015, 19:18

Well, I typed http://www.twitch.tv/messages instead of http://www.twitch.tv/messages/inbox

Can you really fault that?
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 28 Jun 2015, 19:22

Not particularly, without glasses I often can't tell if I typed "i" or "l" and on a phone, that's a mistake I can make. So I'm at the risk of making much bigger ones... You know, if my phone worked as anything more than an mp3 player (When it wants to.) nowdays.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 28 Jun 2015, 21:36

the_lone_bard wrote:Not particularly, without glasses I often can't tell if I typed "i" or "l" and on a phone, that's a mistake I can make.
It's a mistake that has been made, even on desktops. Someone turned the http://strawpoIl.me/ site into a screamer page to trick people who want to vote on http://strawpoll.me/

(If you're having trouble seeing the difference, the first link has a capital i while the second has a lower-case L. James was tricked into this on Thursday.)
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 30 Jun 2015, 06:40

50 Shades of Grey author hold Q & A on Twitter.
Some Qs are troll and quite funny and witty "What is your favorite shade out of the 50?"

And the others abuse her.

They defend their abusive questions by saying the story is about abuse. Hypocrite?
With that logic I can abuse them for abusing someone themselves.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 30 Jun 2015, 07:49

They're... not abusing her. They're ridiculing her maybe, but she not only normalized abuse in her story, she ripped off other writers, and rode the Twilight fan community to fame, then dumped them when she didn't need them any more. She's also a terrible writer. She's not a kind person, and I doubt she's going to be heartbroken over this result.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 30 Jun 2015, 08:04

We'll never know.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 30 Jun 2015, 08:48

I had a customer in on Sunday, she said she was looking to get the 50 Shades of Grey film later. We got it into a discussion and I asked if she knew where it came from. She said it wasn't Twilight when I told her its history.
It's quite a sight seeing someone saying Twilight is crap but not 50 Shades.

With how bad sex writers are (and my lack of knowledge) I think I should write a pseudo erotic novel. I'll be rich.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
empath

Postby empath » 30 Jun 2015, 12:55

No Elomin, you won't. Whatever you write won't be shitty enough to be so successful. :(

I've already written better erotica than E.L. James, and I'm still broke.

in other news, it really sucks to have an 'online friend' get involved with someone that seems cool and nice...but ultimately aspires to be Heddy Carlson. :(

My friend will get through this, but it sucks, and because of my distance and inability to help materially - even to just meet for coffee or something - I just feel so impotent...
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 30 Jun 2015, 13:06

That sounds like a challenge.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
CGwonder
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby CGwonder » 30 Jun 2015, 15:01

I live with two other girls and luckily one of them is super great and one of my closest friends but the other one is awful. Thankfully I'm graduating in a couple of weeks and won't have to see her again after that. To be honest, it's my fault we're living with her- I was kind of friends with her last year when I thought she was just a bit odd and generally quite nice, but since living with her I've discovered that not only is she a compulsive liar she's also a complete slob and utter narcissist.

Nobody really likes her, though a lot of people say they feel sorry for her because she doesn't really fit it and I used to agree but nope, not anymore. She thinks she's god's gift to script writing and when her script got rejected from the showcase platform our Drama course does she went off on one about how they were discriminating against her because she's dyslexic (which is not true because a) her script was shite, basically weird Shakespeare fan fiction, and b) they rejected plenty of pitches). She's also always going on about how she's met this actor or knows this director because her mother's apparently a semi-famous author (no idea if this is true). Of course this stuff is hard to prove wrong, but considering she told everyone that she was dating two of my close friends (at different times) when she definitely wasn't I'm willing to bet her story about how Tom Hiddleston checked out her tits when she met him at a party is probably false.

Not only that, but she never does any cleaning. Ever. We have to specifically ask her to clean, and then if we phrase it badly (e.g do you think you could clean the shower and stuff) she'll only clean the specific things we mentioned. She's super late all the time with putting money into the bills account and whenever me and my other housemate are out of town we know that we're going to come back to a fucking awful mess. I just got back from five days in London, went downstairs to make dinner and found fucking maggots all over the floor because she hadn't changed the bin while I was away. They were fucking everywhere, and had burrowed into our doormat and jesus christ my skin is still crawling. I spent 30 minutes vacuuming them up, then had to clean the vacuum because I didn't want them crawling out of something. Like what the fuck? Change the fucking bin, it's not hard!

Plus she leaves floaters in the toilet ALL THE TIME and I can't deal with it anymore.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 30 Jun 2015, 15:05

I have a friend of sorts who is highly Anti-Islam. His beliefs makes me cry because they aren't grounded on anything solid yet are harmful.
He's only a child as well. 18 years old. There are very capable 18 year olds. He's one of the incapable ones.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 01 Jul 2015, 04:34

On today's Feed Dump:

BURN IT WITH FIRE

Thank you.
Spartan_N30
First Video: Friday Nights

Postby Spartan_N30 » 01 Jul 2015, 16:51

So i asked for the week of July 14th off 2 months in advance and I JUST learned TODAY that they have COMPLETELY blacked out that week due to mandatory overtime.

Seriously Amazon. Why don't you just give me the finger while your at it?
When all else fails.... use duck tape

EDH deck: Prosh, Skyraider of kher
empath

Postby empath » 01 Jul 2015, 21:41

okay, now I know the difference between fluid ounces and ounces of weight is hard to keep straight, but PLEASE don't try come off like an authority when you can neither distinguish between them NOR use the SI units millilitres AND grams correctly. Image

And to be honest, any company that lists the serving size of their semisolid food product in 'cups' and 'g' as conversions from one system to the other in their Nutritional Facts really can't be trusted with providing ANY accurate information on ANYTHING at that point. If the person typing up the copy to be converted into the label makes a brainfart and uses one unit of volume and - instead of its parallel - then a unit of weight, how can anyone not assume that maybe the sodium content is actually 83mg and not 63mg? Those tiny numbers are really hard to tell apart...
the_lone_bard

Postby the_lone_bard » 02 Jul 2015, 01:55

1 ltr = 1kg 1kg = 1 ltr. The... Wait, we use Imperial right? Imperial system is so awesome.
To be fair the only other one I know is 28.4grams in an ounce.

Dutch guy

Postby Dutch guy » 02 Jul 2015, 04:03

Close enough but not quite if you're talking large amounts of litres and or kilograms. And ONLY in case of water. One litre of mercury is going to be a tad heavier
empath

Postby empath » 02 Jul 2015, 05:14

...or one litre of cooked macaroni pasta is going to be a smidgen lighter...

...or heaven forbid you wanna measure a 'serving' of something downright transitory like ice cream. :lol:
the_lone_bard

Postby the_lone_bard » 02 Jul 2015, 05:37

Eh, close enough works for me. Reading it, I realized I already figured (But never thought about/acknowledged) that the 1ltr bottle of cola is probably heavier than the 1ltr bottle of water. But when I'm loading up 2/3 shopping bags without my backpack, it's generally easy enough to make sure I'm not carrying 10kg in my right hand and 2 in my left. The whole "Just round everything up to the nearest thousand." is nice like that. 2 bottles of cola in right hand, bunch of 100g, 550g, 85g etc stuff in left hand.

empath

Postby empath » 02 Jul 2015, 07:29

...and when you're measuring serving sizes for nutritional calculations to track calories, fat, protein, etc. and your product is only listing servings in volume, and the self-professed 'experts' are being extremely reliable and trustworthy in their advice, misusing basic units of measurement from two different systems, drifting from weight to volume as if they're interchangeable?

THUS MY DERISIVE RANT about these clueless idiots who LITERALLY POST:

well, it's so easy: there's six ounces in a cup, and about 30 grams to the ounce, so a half-cup serving has to be 90 grams.

/me has ALL the facepalms
the_lone_bard

Postby the_lone_bard » 02 Jul 2015, 14:50

Oh I'm with you there. I was just commenting on the fact it's a much easier rule of thumb when using this measurement system.
All that said, I'm the guy who just brought 15 cans (8ltrs) of Energy drink and expect it to be gone in 4 days.

So. I washed all my clothes on "very hot" on Monday. Been keeping them in a corner in the kitchen since, until I know for a fact my mattress, carpet and chair aren't infested with Scabies. Come home from buying food just now, all my clothes thrown onto my bed. Can I was them now so I have clean clothes later? Nah, she's washing her clothes. I'm so tempted to just grab them all and throw them to the dog to make room for mine -_-

Dutch guy

Postby Dutch guy » 03 Jul 2015, 15:28

[vent]
Breaking a water connector means 40 liters a minute of water spraying right in your face.
The E-stop on the watercabinet is RIGHT BEHIND ME but THE FRIKKIN THING DOESN'T WORK.
I can more or less stop the flow and catch it in a bucket but because the E-stop doesn't work I can't shut down the flow without dropping said bucket.
Water is now spraying EVERYWHERE.
I'm soaked, the machine is soaked, the control cabinet is soaked, the floor is soaked and the supply assembly is soaked.
I'm the only one there so guess who has to spend 4 hours running around getting everything to a state more or less describable as dry...
Then when I am FINALLY done I go to put away the wet vac and bang my head REALLY hard straight into the hoist tool someone left conveniently parked at JUST below head height on the toolcart. I am pretty sure I now have a mild concussion. Feeling nauseous and a tiny little bit dazed.
On top of all this I barely slept LAST night because it is 32 degrees indoors (and only mildly cooler outside, but I can't get this attic ventilated properly) and I tripped on my fan at the start of the night and broke it...
Guess how warm it is today. And unfortunately no end to this heat is in sight.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 05 Jul 2015, 20:33

It's 1 am, it's hot, I've had far too much whiskey, and I can't sleep.

I detest my roommate, and am playing rainfall sounds on my phone to try and drown out the sound of her and her boytoy talking. Of course, the I only have massive overear headphones, which don't make trying to sleep any easier.

Really I'm just envious of her having any social life at all here, which I've completely failed at. Not that I've even tried. Haven't even tried talking to Tapir again since shortly after moving here - I know a LRRite in this city and haven't even reached out to them since meeting once, that's how much of a fucking hermit I've being.

I should just leave, head back to my parents where I could at least reliably get a good night's sleep. But no, by brain cares too much about fucking social stigmas than mental well-being.

I've being trying to find a job in NYC because of the large group from DB chat there, thinking that might be enough to get myself on track. Not that it would, I'd always find a way to fuck that up and pull away from them too. Not that it matters, of the few jobs I can find that I might be able to get a visa for, none have replied to me.

I should probably go to Toronto. My half-brothers are there so I'd have a couch to crash on for a bit, and there I could probably find a job easily enough. But no, my mind just shuts down any attempt to seriously consider that too. After all, it'd be silly to do something sensible.

The idea of going to Victoria sounds nice, and at least I'd know a decent coffee shop, plus I could probably just afford a place to myself there. But going somewhere without so much as a couch to crash on, and no immediate job prospects (I don't have that much experience, and what I do have is extremely niche), scares the crap out of me.

Just fuck it all to hell. What problems do I even have, anyways? I know what the solutions are, I just refuse to follow through. Blaming an overly small comfort zone or other bullshit. I don't even have good excuses for my laziness and terrible decisions.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 06 Jul 2015, 04:16

Comment on Facebook community pages at your risk.
I'm getting random friend requests since calling out a certain hero as OP in Heroes of the Storm. Glad people agree with me but, please get the fuck away from me :P

Return to “General Discussion”