Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Re: Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 27 Oct 2012, 11:59

Eating chocolate cake and chocolate ice cream on the same plate in a nerdly lit room in front of a monitor is hard. The after burn of the screen makes my plate look black on black.

Yes because even when eating something yummy I am venting.
Drdiggit42
First Video: Bagel Time

Postby Drdiggit42 » 27 Oct 2012, 16:36

That's a pretty easy fix, though. Pop a light on and give your eyes a little rest from the screen and you should feel a little better.

I wish my dog would stop eating whatever he is eating in my backyard that is giving him diarrhea. Also if he could stand/crouch still in one place while he poops.
All problems can be solved by trebuchets and/or fire.

When you're a pessimist there are only good surprises.

Steam ID - DrDiggit42(Currently: Indignity: ■■■■■) Add me if you like.
MinniChi
First Video: Your Very Own Prom

Postby MinniChi » 27 Oct 2012, 16:36

ARGH! If I leave my laptop at Staples it will cost me 50$ to get the memory card out, but I can't do it on my own. And I will have to leave my laptop at Staples, but I have class on Monday. We're making baked custard.
At least there is a Staples near the subway stop I use. But still! ARGH! I want those pictures!
No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
TorachiKatashi

Postby TorachiKatashi » 27 Oct 2012, 18:07

Drdiggit42 wrote:Also if he could stand/crouch still in one place while he poops.

HOLY FUCK THIS.

I never had this problem with my older dog, but my puppy does it every time. Stop, poop, walk a few feet away, stop, poop, walk a few feet away, stop, poop... By the time I pick it all up, the whole thing takes about six minutes. And that's assuming he didn't walk in any poop on his way to his next pooping spot and doesn't now need a bath.

And if I try to body-block him or hold his collar to get him to stay in one spot, he'll get all upset and stop pooping altogether and just hold it and poop on the carpet twenty minutes later.
Drdiggit42
First Video: Bagel Time

Postby Drdiggit42 » 27 Oct 2012, 18:17

I have never had this problem with any of my other dogs. I don't know if there's a way to train him to stand still/crouch in place, but he's 1.5 years old so I don'y think he's going to grow out of it.
All problems can be solved by trebuchets and/or fire.

When you're a pessimist there are only good surprises.

Steam ID - DrDiggit42(Currently: Indignity: ■■■■■) Add me if you like.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 27 Oct 2012, 21:58

My dog does that about half of the time. Mostly when there are good smells he doesn't want to stop following, I think.

Luckily I don't have to pick up after him. :P
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 27 Oct 2012, 22:07

Makes me glad my dog is a sissy and hates being outside when it's not the heat of summer. Cold? Rain? and heaven forbid snow? She's going as soon as she's off the pavement and running right back to the house.

My Vent:
Sick of being single and having nobody to share life with. Nobody to share the good times with, and nobody to hold me when I need to cry. Nobody to rub the knots out of my anxiety-strained muscles. Nobody to distract me from my own disaster.

This month has been hell, and I know I've mismanaged it... but I have another MAJOR presentation on Tuesday, and I'm just ready to get it over with. I feel sick to my stomach because I have been in panic-working mode and skipping meals unintentionally. I have also ballooned up to my highest weight ever, and that scares the living bejeebus out of me. The fact that I can't care for myself is, I'm sure, part of vent #1 up there.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 28 Oct 2012, 06:03

The reason I hide my intelligence is because of people like you leeching from me. You don't stop and think "What do I need to do?" You think "I'll ask him to do it for me!"

There are MANY! MANY things I want to do during the week. Yet I'm too busy dealing with everyone else's bullshit just to be able to do any of it. I'm tired of being your first resort. If your phone won't turn on, try charging it. Yes, that was the fix. Your battery was dead. Lamp won't turn on? IT MIGHT BE THE BULB! You got bare wiring and can't be arsed covering it up and ask me to do it? Really? I don't think that one even needs any clarification.

And then you're on the opposite side of the country. It takes me two buses to get there. And I have no money. And no, I can't "get money to get there to get money from you", because I HAVE NO MONEY TO GET THERE! PERIOD! I'm an intellect, not a magician!

I'm happy to help people that are trying and struggling. You can fuck off if you're just looking for an unpaid lackey.

To this day I can only recall five people who've helped me in return for helping them. I've cut a lot of ties and been happier for it.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 28 Oct 2012, 07:27

No, by all means bring your 2 year old in foR photos when he and you both have the flu. And please let him stick his snotted fingers in our faces and wipe his drool and snot and cough all over the pens and keyboard/ everything ever. This sounds like a brilliant plan and you are a smart parent.

Anand now I'm sick.

I wonder why that happened.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Mister Fiend
First Video: Three PS3's

Postby Mister Fiend » 28 Oct 2012, 08:32

Dear Google, my mother is not a business, our last name just happens to be Hospital. Please let her create a Google Plus account.
metcarfre wrote:Fiend holding a Stampede while smoking a cigar just changed my life.

TACOS!
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 28 Oct 2012, 09:55

Google let me use the name Poo Poo Von Stinky PantS

ex-Lurker
First Video: 'Skeeterpellant

Postby ex-Lurker » 28 Oct 2012, 10:01

Are you getting ads intended for 8-year-olds now?
Totally accurate, except for all the times I'm not.
Fenrir
First Video: LRRcast for Interrupted Garage

Postby Fenrir » 28 Oct 2012, 10:11

How many times must I fucking tell you - I NEED MORE FUCKING STAFF.

Seriously.

Every single pissing member of staff I get is either unreliable as shit, quits after five minutes or is already doing other tasks for me.

I get it - you dislike men. You've made that abundantly fucking clear to me over the years and I may as well not even fucking there considering how little I'm kept in the loop. I'm just there to be shat on when things get fucked up and do all the work you don't want to fucking do!

Once again I was left doing the work of about five bloody people. I know full damn well if I hadn't I would've only gotten some bitchy ass message tomorrow.

Excuse me while I go bang my head against a fucking wall....
"Sing something new, I have nothing left. I can't face the dark without you."

: Fenrir - DB IRC : LRRFenrir - TwitchTV : @the_dismuke - Twitter :

empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 28 Oct 2012, 16:59

*fist bumps with Fenrir*

Testify, brother.

---

I just spent the last few hours after supper trying to fix an issue with M$IE (which I need because my employer's e-learning site is written as proprietorially as FUCK), and it made me feel like this...again.

P.S. Don't forget the rollover tooltip.
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 28 Oct 2012, 19:40

Fuck. I just dropped my galaxy s3 so not only is the screen shattered...but there is a green line through the screen. Everything. Is. Breaking.

2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 28 Oct 2012, 19:58

TheRocket wrote:Fuck. I just dropped my galaxy s3 so not only is the screen shattered...but there is a green line through the screen. Everything. Is. Breaking.

Does this mean no more scrabble??
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 28 Oct 2012, 20:25

2stepz wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Fuck. I just dropped my galaxy s3 so not only is the screen shattered...but there is a green line through the screen. Everything. Is. Breaking.

Does this mean no more scrabble??

It means frustration on my part with maybe cuts to my fingers... but there will always be scrab scrabS.

So far this week I have a broken car that had to be towed, my jeep got the death wobble, plus now it is leaking antifreeze, my phone at home broke, Wrath phone dock broke, laptop broke, power pack explode in the studio, now my galaxy screen is green-line-broke, United smashed my luggage and broke all of my valuables and my fucking fridge is leaking gawd knows what. Everything I touch is breaking. I'm pretty sure I am somehow responsible for the tropical storm. My shoes have half the soles on them, I'm literally walking half barefoot and all of my clothing has holes or is torn. My tank is on E till Friday so I hope I don't need to get the fuck outta dodge from the storm or any other emergency.

I can only deal with so many firefighters, electricians and mechanics in such a short period of time.

Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 29 Oct 2012, 05:39

NEVER! EVER! EVER! go fucking munching down my ears on voice chat. A GROUP voice chat no less. So it's not just me that gets it. It's everyone.

"Yeah so we need to get behind the boss and-"
*CHOMP! CHOMP! SLURP! OM! NOM!*
"Is that good? You enjoying that? Because it's your FUCKING LAST MEAL!"
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 29 Oct 2012, 06:03

When I am bloody tired, I should not stay up late playing Minecraft.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
KiteNeravar
First Video: Assassin Creeds

Postby KiteNeravar » 29 Oct 2012, 07:08

After spending six month working 8 hours a day 6 days a week on the programing for a project, one that I'm pretty sure he professor was getting paid separately to do, to ensure that it was above and beyound expectations. Making sure that no dumbass freshman could come in to use it and blow the motor or damage the tensile tester and what do I get? "You shouldn't have used so many times, you should just make one and have diferent loops inside that timer, it would make it less confusing." Oh yeah? well fuck you. On top of that I get a god damn B in the class, I put in atleast 4 times as many hours into that project as anyone else, without me there is no way it would have been done on time, and I get a god damn B because "It's graded on your understanding of the subject not how much work you did" GGAAAAHHH
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 29 Oct 2012, 08:43

People who contradict themselves....
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 29 Oct 2012, 09:03

I was asked to come into work today from 3- 8 because my manager doesn't want to drive in tropical storm sandy. But she is okay with me driving in. And she is cutting my thursday hours because I'm coming in today for her. I didn't know people were supposed to get punished for doing favours and being nice and putting themselves in danger for other people?

TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 29 Oct 2012, 09:08

The reason I aagreed to come in was to get MORE hours. SO I can get money. For all the broken things.

TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 29 Oct 2012, 11:44

Fan fucking tastic. I came in 45 min early to beat the weather. Roads at flooding, Trees are going down. I am told the host store is closing and thus I am only needed for an hour. I asked if I was getting paid fir a minimum of 3 since I came in and it wasn't my decision to close and was told no.

Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 29 Oct 2012, 15:08

Went out drinking with School mates.
They started talking about people they've shagged. I felt slightly 'out of it' for being a virgin.
Don't worry, I'm not stupid. I'll never admit to them I am a virgin as they'll rip me to shreds.

Still annoying conversation to listen to. Wooo... I don't actually care who you've had sex with actually.

Return to “General Discussion”