Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Re: Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Postby empath » 05 Aug 2012, 19:00

I've been kinda enjoying it - 20+ degrees and actual direct sunlight instead of bouncing around on either side of the freezing point and either overcast or drizzle...YES, in August. Image

But yeah, I think it was Friday last week that just pushed the limits of 'lovely sunny weather': 27 Celsius and 100% humidity resulting in something like 32 degrees on the Humidex, and NO WIND. The 2km uphill walk home from work was not any fun at all. :(

Today was actually a little chilly (12-15C and an Easterly wind blowing in off the ocean) but much more reasonable!

Oh, and currently I've got a children's TV show theme ear-wormed into my brain, but I won't infect anyone else; just sympathize that I've got something that's pretty good unwillingly repeating in my head. :P
nicholasmc1
First Video: The Job

Postby nicholasmc1 » 05 Aug 2012, 20:42

Just had to watch Bridesmaid in uni, cinema studies reaches an all time low!
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 05 Aug 2012, 21:06

That was a funny movie...
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 05 Aug 2012, 21:32

It was the most successful comedy of 2011, I think. So, I can see it's relevance.

NOT for me, though. Very much not. I barely can tolerate R-rated comedies. The Campaign looks good, but it might F it all up.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 06 Aug 2012, 00:49

I've been meaning to check out Bridesmaid for a while because I've heard it's good. Got it for my sister-in-law for Christmas last year, so I might borrow it and see what I think.

As for my venting, I hate having paranoia. It's one of the main reasons I can't sleep at night, even though I'm in a room with locked windows and a locked door. It's not so bad when I'm not alone. But nights like tonight where I am, I'm normally not able to get to sleep until sunlight. It throws off my whole sleep schedule and messes me up for the week. Doesn't help that my home is almost constantly making some type of noise, normally loud and sounding similar to doors opening and closing (as many people who've stayed here agree on). That's why I'm up now in fact. Oh well. Can't really help it.
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 06 Aug 2012, 02:05

Can't you sleep light? I've actually trained myself to sleep light so any noise wakes me up. It doesn't do anywhere near as good as a full heavy sleep but it's better than not sleeping at all.

But if there ARE often noises that sound like doors opening and closing, that'd keep me off even doing THAT all night.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 06 Aug 2012, 02:09

Nope. I'm a VERY heavy sleeper. There was once when I was back in high school where, according to my family, the entire house was shaking as if a helicopter was landing on the roof. Woke everyone up but me. Doors opening and closing, most alarms, and even general movement doesn't really wake me up unless I've been asleep for a while already.
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 06 Aug 2012, 03:32

Heat:
Days are fine.
Nights are torture.
British Weather ey?
Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Postby Fezzul » 06 Aug 2012, 03:46

I'm just taking the weather as it comes right now, knowing that in a week and a bit I'll be back in New York where the humidity is hitting the 90s and the heat is in the 30s.

In the midlands it is currently dreary.
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 06 Aug 2012, 03:50

We have had TORRENTIAL FUCKING RAIN! Lightning and thunder for days and someone actually took a video of a very small tornado just 10 minutes down the road from me above a supermarket!

Fucking pickled onions and strawberry smoothies flying through the air!
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Postby Fezzul » 06 Aug 2012, 03:54

Typical Sunday in Scotland.
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 06 Aug 2012, 03:56

Best advice I ever got: If a woman decides to throw a drink in your face, keep your mouth open and you get a free drink!
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 06 Aug 2012, 04:25

The weather we get where I am are dramatic clouds rising and falling across the mountains. It's like Lord of the Rings have invaded.
nicholasmc1
First Video: The Job

Postby nicholasmc1 » 06 Aug 2012, 04:30

Darkobra wrote:Best advice I ever got: If a woman decides to throw a drink in your face, keep your mouth open and you get a free drink!

Is it weird that I have only had men throw drinks in my face via they're rage?
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 06 Aug 2012, 05:36

My knee twanged badly when I walked down to post off some Amazon Orders just now. I was 6mins away from home and it hurt too much to move. I managed to endure the pain in a few hop-ply steps (whilst being terrified that I wouldn't be able to move). It managed to go to bearable and then passive aggressive (normal for the moment). I'm too lazy to go to the doctor's :(
It's been like this for 2 months now. And I keep having to kneel down or squat-down because "I am a strong young man" and ironically it's probably destroying my knee, at 23 years of age.
Drdiggit42
First Video: Bagel Time

Postby Drdiggit42 » 06 Aug 2012, 05:43

Go to the doctor! NOW! My Mom put up with knee pain for too long and it gave her back problems and permanent nerve damage. It's not worth the risk to ignore it.
All problems can be solved by trebuchets and/or fire.

When you're a pessimist there are only good surprises.

Steam ID - DrDiggit42(Currently: Indignity: ■■■■■) Add me if you like.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 06 Aug 2012, 05:54

Or I could shout at people to stop them making me do things that's stopping my knee from healing.
Drdiggit42
First Video: Bagel Time

Postby Drdiggit42 » 06 Aug 2012, 06:06

If the problem is caused by over exertion yes do that, but when people have a pain in their knee they usually put most of their weight on the other one. This can cause problems in the healthy knee and back. Stay off your knee as much as possible and maybe wrap it.
All problems can be solved by trebuchets and/or fire.

When you're a pessimist there are only good surprises.

Steam ID - DrDiggit42(Currently: Indignity: ■■■■■) Add me if you like.
the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 06 Aug 2012, 06:32

Dude, provided you don't live my life (Smoke about 3/4ths a pack a day) and eat unhealthy food for every meal, chances are you're going to live at least double what you've currently lived.

That's a MINIMUM of 46 years.
So let's break it down. You continue on like this for another year before it becomes a daily pain. That's one year. You go to the doctor and have surgery. That's a year of R&R and physio and whatnot. Two years total so far. You have a rocky year afterwards and are unable to get manual labor jobs or anything that requires serious amounts of feet time. That's at least a year of dissabillity payments before they decide it's time to find a job you can do. Three years total. You have about 5 good years of your leg before more problems start showing up. So still 3 total years. six months later you start going to a doctor and they are concerned but "Just keep an eye on it." 6 months after that, you are back in surgery. This time it's four years or so of R&R and permanant dissabillity. You never regain full use of the affected leg. Now it's time to do the math.

Six-ish years of use of your leg if you keep going the way you do.
Seventeen years of loosing full functionality of one of your legs. Most likely more.

Or, go see a doctor, worst case scenario, this is sadly going to happen anyway, most probable scenario, doctors note after a couple visits saying you can't keep stressing it this way.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 06 Aug 2012, 06:46

Worst case scenario is they don't give you ANY of the surgery, don't even give you a physical examination and tell you to just get some rest and keep that up for 6 months while you slowly deteriorate! Not that that happened to me with my chest or anything!
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 06 Aug 2012, 07:44

While that is bad Kobra. The reason I've been in such a shitty mood lately (Apart from spiraling depression) is because I got a letter today. Almost 6 months after it was reccomended, that I need to find a way to a town an hours drive away, not accessible via public transport to visit the rheumatology wing.

The day before Manifest, AKA: The day I intended to go to school then instead of coming "home" going up to rosebud to smoke and drink all night. Granted chances are I can still do exactly that because I need to go halfway TO Rosebud just to come the entire way back via train to Sunbury. Seriously, it's an hour away, directly sideways from Melton, so I need to go to SouthernCross over an hour away (Not by train thankfully.) then wait for a train to Sunbury to come in the exact direction I just came from but slightly to the left... I HATE MY GOVERNMENTS TRANSPORT PLAN!

Oh right, and of course if I miss the bus, or the train, or the other train, or get lost walking from the train station and miss the appointment then I get a letter saying "Too bad, you don't get to be our problem anymore."
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.
Chemistring

Postby Chemistring » 06 Aug 2012, 08:34

Weather forecasts are lying liars that lie. The current forecast is for a daily high of 26°C. It's now 10:30 am, and the temperature in my area of town is already above 30°C. Full hibernation mode is now in effect, and guilt cannons have been fired. Empath, I'll take your 12 - 15°C weather - that's in my optimum operating range!

Related: I have a bunch of great veggies and sausage that I got from the farmers market this weekend, but it's too damn hot to even think about cooking. I may have to suck it up and cook tonight anyways, not looking forward to it the way I was on Saturday.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 06 Aug 2012, 09:06

Of course the CO2 system collapses when I'm away on a completely different island.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 06 Aug 2012, 12:19

Chemistring wrote:Weather forecasts are lying liars that lie. The current forecast is for a daily high of 26°C. It's now 10:30 am, and the temperature in my area of town is already above 30°C. Full hibernation mode is now in effect, and guilt cannons have been fired. Empath, I'll take your 12 - 15°C weather - that's in my optimum operating range!

Sorry, that was yesterday - it's already gone; today was pretty much as you said for there; maybe 16-17°C at 9am on the way to work, and 25°C on the walk home at 4pm; the rest of the week is looking like it'll be more of that. Again, sorry that even this backward locale would give you no respite. :(

The 'Thunderstorms' predicted for Tuesday night/Wednesday morning have all but disappeared completely from the forecast; now it's "Isolated showers" for Tuesday, and "Cloudy with showers" for Wednesday. :roll: I'm willing to wager I'll see nary a drop of rain at all when I walk either to or from work on the next two days. Oh, and both days will be as hot as today got, and with the higher humidity (from the threatened 'showers') the Humidex is gonna make it feel like 30°C or so. :x

"Too much of a good thing" indeed...
Psyclone
First Video: Christmas Carolling on Halloween

Postby Psyclone » 06 Aug 2012, 12:49

Getting impressions done with a cute girl in the dentists' chair next to you = super embarrassing. I'm there spitting and gagging over the sink with my face caked in that shit, and she's just sort of watching me like, are you okay?

I NORMALLY LOOK MUCH MORE ATTRACTIVE AND CAPABLE THAN THIS I PROMISE *hurk*
They/them/their pronouns

twitch: armadillorampant

Return to “General Discussion”