Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Re: Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 01 Aug 2016, 01:48

Someone spat mucusy plaque thing on my conveyor belt at work. I eventually got to clean it up. Caused me to occasionally dry heave when I thought about it, until I was given a break period which distracted me.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 01 Aug 2016, 12:59

Thanks to my wonderful mobile provider, EE, I cannot connect to any mobile networks while I am in Italy.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 01 Aug 2016, 19:02

I got notification from the VA today...

What I put in on my claim:
Condition 1: Traumatic Brain Injury from concussion
and
Condition 2: Post traumatic Migraines

The support they sent back: (in summation)
Service records confirm exposure to concussive blasts on (dates)
Service records confirm ongoing treatment for headache and or Migrains
Service records confirm periods of prolonged unconsciousness and concussion on (dates).
5 doctors reviewing medical records including treatment history 1 CT scan and 3 MRIs without contrast and 2 MRIs with contrast.
3 doctors recommend 40% disability on Traumatic Brain injury 2 doctors recommend 30% disability on Traumatic Brain injury.
5 doctors recommend 40% disability raiting on post traumatic headaches.

Final rating decision from rating personnel (name)
10% disability for Combined condition: Unspecified head injury with headaches.

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME? multiple MRI's show brain injury, service records show the incidents, 5 doctors agree the conditions exist and you a guy with a stapler a rubber stamp and a 2 week training course give me 10% for something the doctors didn't even mention?
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 01 Aug 2016, 19:09

That is the most suck I've heard in a long time, Hosk. :-(
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 01 Aug 2016, 19:22

I'm really sorry Hosk, that's pretty absurd.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Dix
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Dix » 01 Aug 2016, 19:36

Okay... who's ass at which VA do I have to go kick.

Straight up bullshit.

I'm so sorry they've f**ked you over like that Hosk. To go from 80% to 10% is straight up.. you know what, I don't even know if I can properly express my rage at this.
Desert Bus 1,2,3,4,5,6,and 9 Chat mod
Desert Bus 007 and 8 Onsite Chat Mod
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 01 Aug 2016, 20:11

That makes two of us, Dix....
Hurp-De-Durp!
It's My Delorean
First Video: commodore hustle 06
Location: The Omniverse International™ campus, The Moon Nation of Omnibus, Universe 64

Postby It's My Delorean » 01 Aug 2016, 20:29

Wow Hosk.

They may as well have just sent a letter saying; "Sure, we'll give you support. If you can pry if from out lifeless finger-tips."
Last edited by It's My Delorean on 02 Aug 2016, 00:39, edited 1 time in total.
Co-Owner of Omniverse International

DmitriW wrote:
It's My Delorean wrote:..However, provided you agree with my plan for Titan as detailed above...

I'm so down with that plan.

I don't actually own a Delorean...
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 02 Aug 2016, 00:01

What the actual shit!? If all the doctor's at least agree on the 40%, how do you even end up at 10% (let alone 80% which the majority of them agrees on). Why even ask for doctors' opinions if you're just gonna spit in their faces >:(

This is so shitty to hear Hosk and I hope you can dispute this decision.

EDIT: I misread and the doctors agree on 70% at the least. I guess people really are tired of the experts :(
Last edited by RedNightmare on 03 Aug 2016, 00:38, edited 1 time in total.
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

ExhaustedElox
First Video: Early Checkpoint episodes on PATV

Postby ExhaustedElox » 02 Aug 2016, 01:04

I'm so sorry, brother.

My brother left the Marine Corps with hip problems and they gave him 40% disability for that. I know it's apples and oranges, injury-wise, but the damn doctors are saying way more than 10%! Do they just throw out their recommendations when they get to the VA? Why even bother with the medical exam if it clearly doesn't matter?

I'd run this up the chain; there has to be someone that you can appeal this decision to.
Does anyone know who's in charge? I'd like to file a grievance.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 02 Aug 2016, 01:44

*Reads Hosks post*

*Has the sudden urge to book a ticket to the US to give someone a "10%" disability...*
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
hacofo
First Video: DB5 Stream

Postby hacofo » 02 Aug 2016, 03:28

Ok, that's a load of BS, how the hell do they come up with that number?

Do you have the option to contest that decision?
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 02 Aug 2016, 03:31

Count me in for the party to give some bureaucrat a swift baseball bat to the taint. By which I mean commiserate non-violently in a forum thread. Because that sucks, dude.
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 02 Aug 2016, 05:49

Thank you for all the support everyone. There is an appeals process of sorts, you just submit a new claim to "review the conditions" basically I just start over with a new claim for the same issues...
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 02 Aug 2016, 08:13

That sucks.
Medical issues like this have happened here with the cutbacks Cameron put in place. My mother has issues but because of teh change in policy she doesn't qualify anymore. Same with my little brother. They took away his mobility car with a week's notice and she had to go out and buy a replacement.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 02 Aug 2016, 12:42

Dutch guy wrote:*Reads Hosks post*

*Has the sudden urge to book a ticket to the US to give someone a "10%" disability...*

You plan a layover at St. John's International on the way, I'll join you for the rest of the trip and I think we can wrangle 80% out of the burro-crat...either for Hosk, or for the aforementioned donkey-deskjockey. :evil:

But yeah, sorry you basically have to start over with the appeal, especially given the BLATANT disregard of actual fact when this 'decision' was arrived at.

Heck, I'd be tempted to send copies of all this 'we need this and that and those other things, and all in triplicate...but we're then going to ignore it all and pull a number out of a hat', along with a concise and polite cover letter to my congressman and senators. :!:

...but I've been remiss with a certain something, and taxiing has been profitable in the 'tourist season'; expect a package soon.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 06 Aug 2016, 12:54

Well, today was a day at work.

Kick out two groups of 10 kids who crowd the demo units with no intention of buying anything blocking part of the store. Then have to deal with twenty people who turn up for a Pokémon Go event the store is hosting looking for free stuff we're giving out.
Oh boy did this cause issues. The person in charge of the event had told us NOTHING of what the free items were, where they were or when to give them out. He was at the bridge outside our store. From what little I knew they keyrings were being given out at the end of the day, so I ask them to leave and come back then.

Nick (the guy in charge of the event) sends them back to us. Grabs the key rings tosses them to us, tells me and other colleague to be quiet and listen to him. I tell him that it is his event and to hand them outside because they are blocking three aisles. He waves me off saying no. Other colleague takes them out side because they don't care about anything else but only their self interests and not what the store did so they could get their Pokémon. The event was a bust as it had no positive affect only aggro.

Senior Sales, not happy with his attitude, calls Deputy Manager and informs him of what happens. I'm told that he wants a word with me. He comes in, asks me why I didn't give the items out. "I wasn't told squat about what we had." Not liking my words he pulls me out back and berates me, refusing to listen to my side of the story, stating that I don't get to defend myself because of my past record of annoying customers (I'm direct but never offensive) and 13 people (all Nick's friends) exaggerated and lied about what I said to them. His raised voice is heard out on the shop floor from our staff room and is having a complaint from a customer go to head office.

I'm told to go back out on the shop floor. I'm pissed off, I serve customers as I do normally. But I am very tempted to get my belongings and leave the shop after only an hour of my six hour day. Senior Sales takes DM out back to have a word leaving me alone. Anger is getting up there. Senior Sales comes backs asks how I am, sees I am seething, tensing my fist and verge of crying.
*Whack*
He sees me slam my forehead into the back counter so loud that customers turn to see what has happened. Don't ask me why I did it, I just did. Possibly ever a broken counter or a pool of blood and entrails and maniacle laughing as I become the demon god of foremhuul. Senior Sales goes to DM:
"You're going to have to listen to his side of his story."
"I don't see why I should have to."
Senior Sales told me later he was going to pipe up quite loudly about it. "Jude's pacing the store and is about to snap." Something I've never done.

I get called out back and finally given the chance to speak. Explain everything, as a DM he still has to looked at it from the point of view of the 13 customers who said they weren't going to buy from us again (never were going to anyway). Explained how me saying if you're not buying anything to leave was directed at the kids on the consoles not them. Nick's attitude and poor professionalism at handling the event he was running. He hears my side of the story out and apologies to me for what he did, we shook hands and gives me five minutes to myself to sort out my tears. After that, everything is fine.

Reason for my reaction: auto-response to when I was ostricised from school for something that I did not do and used against me for a long time. I don't take kindly to a threatening attitude of anyone, friends, family, colleagues;no one. Not happy about the whole past issues because that's insinuating that not changing is not possible and that I am automatically at fault no matter what and self defence from accusation was not allowed.

Now to relax and watch a music video of Kane beating up a lot of people in kayfabe storyline.

Anyway, how are you all?
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 06 Aug 2016, 22:17

I actually know what you mean, Elomin, even if it's not for the same reasons. I really don't react well to being accused of something and then not even given a chance to explain and defend myself.

In other news, since this can go either here on in the depressive thread;
Long story short, I said something, and despite no bad reaction to what I said I regret having said it. I've tried voicing said regret about it, but it just ended up making me feel worse, and I've now tried just pretending I never said anything.... which also is making me feel worse.

I wish I knew what to do!
Hurp-De-Durp!
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 17 Aug 2016, 16:47

LTNS all... Its been... chaotic in the life of Stepz.

Between the end of summer school and classes resuming, my actual summer break was only 6 weeks long. In that time I had to handle some medical situations... so basically I got no summer break. A week into school and I'm feeling burned out already. I need to toughen up.

However. This is what I needed to get off my chest. In January, I visited my doctor about some serious episodes of vertigo that were impacting my ability to teach. She gave me some antibiotics for what she assumed was an inner-ear infection (that wasn't the problem) but during her exam she 'found' a sizable mass in my throat in the vicinity of my thyroid. I decided that I would postpone analysis of this mass until school was out (and insurance rolled over to a better plan in July).

July 8th I returned for a general checkup and to follow up on the mass. That day a number of blood tests were ordered, as well as an ultrasound that revealed a 6.25 cm diameter mass on one lobe of my thyroid. I was referred to an ENT for biopsy and surgical evaluation. A week later I'm in the surgeon's office and he nixed the biopsy. To paraphrase his analogy "It would be like using a needle to determine whether an orange has seeds. There's too great of a chance of missing any cancerous cells." Also, due to the size, it really needed to come out anyway.

Two weeks later I had the mass and the impacted lobe of my thyroid surgically removed, and had one night stay in the hospital after surgery. After surgery I had some unforseen but minor complications. I couldn't cough and I could barely speak. They had to do a lot of manuevering to get that mass out intact, and stretched some muscles and soft-tissue more than they were expecting to. Scary to wake up to, but I have mostly recovered from that part today (3 weeks after surgery.)

The great: The mass was a benign tumor.
The good: As they left one lobe of the thyroid, I will likely not need medical supplementation of thyroid hormones.
The ugly: Medical bills suck!! Why couldn't I live in Canada? This whole mess will end up costing me $3500 US.

Three weeks later and I've been back in school since week 2. My voice is getting stronger, but its still fading in and out as I get tired. Blood results this week show I'm borderline on one thyroid hormone, and that I'm also slightly anemic. I'm also just... drained. Completely exhausted.

Next adventure... removal of a pre-cancerous mole in October. When it rains, it pours.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 18 Aug 2016, 14:59

Glad to hear from you, though I'm sorry it's about something like that. :( That must've been really scary to go through.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
leapy
First Video: One of the old ENN ones, it was ages ago

Postby leapy » 02 Sep 2016, 08:54

Things I hate about job hunting (in no particular order)

Lack of money
Getting rejection emails
Getting nothing back at all
Hearing nothing back after applying for a job which I'm perfect for
Getting an automatic rejection email back after taking one of those FUCKING phycometric tests (the type that give you a series of unrelated statments and then asks you to pick the one that sounds most like you, except none of them sound like you. They sound like the most bland, boring cunts the world has ever known.
Interviews
interviewers who keep you waiting for 30 minutes, either because they can't be arsed or as some kind of power play
Being called "overqualified"
Being called "underqualified"
Uploading your CV to a potential employers site and having to retype (or paste) THE EXACT SAME FUCKING INFORMATION INTO 5 SEPERATE FORMS!
The fact that while I didn't complete my degree, (so I can't apply for the graduate poitions) the none graduate don't want me either.
Pumping out job apps, trying to make each one tailored to the job in question and getting NOTHING back, not even a "Thanks for your appplication" email
Ties
HR departments
Seeing people who have jobs and wondering "why the FUCK did anyone hire you?"
Temp work, just so I can put some money towards my share of the rent.

That's all I can think for now, no doubt more rants shall follow.
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 03 Sep 2016, 04:15

I've had most of those happen to me as well, with the added bonus of useless job agencies I'm forced to go to.
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
leapy
First Video: One of the old ENN ones, it was ages ago

Postby leapy » 03 Sep 2016, 05:50

Phailhammer wrote:I've had most of those happen to me as well, with the added bonus of useless job agencies I'm forced to go to.

Oh Christ! I'd forgotten about those. Another thing I can't stand is when I do get a job, I'm probably going to be on a temporary tax code until the paperwork gets straightened out (how quickly it gets straightened out depends on just how bad the HR dept is) so there's likely going to be a massive chunk of money taken out of my first paycheck.
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 03 Sep 2016, 18:46

"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
MinniChi
First Video: Your Very Own Prom

Postby MinniChi » 06 Sep 2016, 07:35

My older son misplaced the laundry card on Friday. Instead of helping me look for it or clean the house at all, my husband waits until today while he's at work to tell me to look for it. He could've gotten off his computer to look for it yesterday. Or even helped me wash some dishes. Very grumpy at him right now.
No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced

Return to “General Discussion”