Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Re: Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Postby JustAName » 08 Dec 2013, 23:53

Fezzul: Because they're used to whitewashing and it's unusual for people to actually try to cast accurately with regard to race.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 09 Dec 2013, 03:08

I keep remembering my failings at University (not attending University) and I feel like I could have avoided it.
And then I remember why I didn't attend even the simplest things (lectures).

Other people were the reason. They stopped me getting to sleep. Therefore in the morning I felt like death. Because I lived alone, I had no one to push me and encourage me.

Not sure if that gives me peace, or just makes me very angry.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 09 Dec 2013, 07:01

Aubergine, it sounds like your landlord/roomate person is an absolute grade A asshole. And pretending like you're at fault when you call him on his bullshit is emotional abuse.

Telling you he'll replace the stuff of yours that he's consumed and then calling the replacement (with something else) a Christmas present is also 100% bullshit behavior. I can't believe this fucker has any friends.

You're completely right to feel pissed off over his behavior and the way he treats you (and the previous room mate) because it is unacceptable.
Amake
First Video: Le Cafe

In which unrelated venting happens

Postby Amake » 09 Dec 2013, 19:14

Wow, you're right, we have made some progress over the last seven thousand years! We have a system where subsistence farming is not the only possible way to survive for several people. So what, we're just going to stop there? Nothing else needs to be changed?
"I know I tend to sound like I think what I say is written in stone, but please ignore that. I assure you I'm well aware that I have no idea what I'm talking about." -Amake, 2015
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 10 Dec 2013, 06:25

To all the people telling ME what I am and am no allergic to: Go fuck yourself. You CAN'T be sure a house is pet hair free just because the animal isn't in the room at that specific second. You don't have the allergies yourself. You will never understand.

And yes, these allergies can kill me. Know how I first found out I was allergic? Rushed to hospital with tubes down my throat and a machine doing my breathing for me. And I've had to be very careful since.

Go on. Tell me I'll be fine. Get offended when I tell you that's not something you can be sure of and that it's my LIFE on the line. But don't fucking dare make me out to be a liar or I will make it my life's mission to destroy you.

There's a reason I've never been beaten. I plan ten different paths at once very, very quickly and am ready to act on each and every individual one. My actions speak louder than your bullshit. I have proven you wrong time and time again. I will NOT be proving you wrong by putting my life on the line to show you that I was right. Not one of my scenarios will ever include that.

Take the polite declination. Then, when pressed, take the reason. But don't dare for a second spend every waking minute of your life telling me I'm wrong about this when you have NEVER had this risk.

It's looking more likely that I'll be spending this Christmas with no form of communication. Some may consider it a bad thing but I truly do enjoy the solitude. If anything, I miss it and wish I had more of it.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 10 Dec 2013, 13:38

I'm getting that feeling again. The one that says I just creep out the people I admire and I should stop trying to interact with them online because I try too hard and it's painfully obvious and I'm embarrassing to everyone around me.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 10 Dec 2013, 13:54

Darkobra: Hit them in the pocket. Tell them that you'll come over if they'll pay for all the hospital costs of your allergies and all the funeral costs if you die. Make it out in writing and make them sign a contract.

That should scare them off. :D
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Bebop Man
First Video: The Pirate Video

Postby Bebop Man » 10 Dec 2013, 14:17

Reading people's Christmas lists over at The Escapist makes me feel so poor. This guy's bragging about how his mom gets him £450 in cell phones, books, consoles, games and clothing, "and then my mum always buys a few surprises". Unbelievable. I work my ass off for a whole month for 1/4th of that sum and pray for one gift from my parents while... fuck it I don't even feel like writing anymore. Fuck Christmas.
viscomica
First Video: SPRING!

Postby viscomica » 10 Dec 2013, 14:25

Bebop Man wrote:Reading people's Christmas lists over at The Escapist makes me feel so poor. This guy's bragging about how his mom gets him £450 in cell phones, books, consoles, games and clothing, "and then my mum always buys a few surprises". Unbelievable. I work my ass off for a whole month for 1/4th of that sum and pray for one gift from my parents while... fuck it I don't even feel like writing anymore. Fuck Christmas.

Cheer up, I've heard pandas actually like giving presents at christmas
Bebop Man

Postby Bebop Man » 10 Dec 2013, 14:37

pout pout pout
viscomica
First Video: SPRING!

Postby viscomica » 10 Dec 2013, 14:38

Bebop Man wrote:pout pout pout

(hugs)
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 10 Dec 2013, 14:41

AdmiralMemo wrote:Darkobra: Hit them in the pocket. Tell them that you'll come over if they'll pay for all the hospital costs of your allergies and all the funeral costs if you die. Make it out in writing and make them sign a contract.

That should scare them off. :D

It had actually crossed my mind. I've offered them solution upon solution, alternatives to everything and even just flat out explaining WHY I can't go to their house. Not that I don't want to! I! CAN'T!

I was on the verge of playing that card and figured one of two things. It'd make absolutely no impact on their decision or it'd be too low a blow and I'd end up being the bad guy again.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Postby Ptangmatik » 10 Dec 2013, 15:13

Fayili wrote:I'm getting that feeling again. The one that says I just creep out the people I admire and I should stop trying to interact with them online because I try too hard and it's painfully obvious and I'm embarrassing to everyone around me.

Whenever I feel like that I go scream at the walls in the hijack thread for a bit, it's been very cathartic at times. I know what you mean though, I wish I knew a good solution.

Have a santa hat

Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 10 Dec 2013, 15:51

Bebop Man wrote:Reading people's Christmas lists over at The Escapist makes me feel so poor. This guy's bragging about how his mom gets him £450 in cell phones, books, consoles, games and clothing, "and then my mum always buys a few surprises". Unbelievable. I work my ass off for a whole month for 1/4th of that sum and pray for one gift from my parents while... fuck it I don't even feel like writing anymore. Fuck Christmas.

I'm too tired now for jealousy.
So tired I have no idea what I want for Christmas.

My parent's PP for a gift to me is £30. Anything more I should shell out from my own pocket.
The thing is, anything I want I'd buy soonish, and rely on Christmas money to repay it.

The thing I try to remember, is that I get a lot considering other people in my area.
People who get more, their parents probably use Credit cards and are in fact in debt. I'm fortunate that my parents owe no one anything at all.
I like to think that instead of having a shit tonne of stuff from Christmas, I have future financial security. It doesn't stop me being jealous, but, it's something.
Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 10 Dec 2013, 16:22

Fayili wrote:I'm getting that feeling again. The one that says I just creep out the people I admire and I should stop trying to interact with them online because I try too hard and it's painfully obvious and I'm embarrassing to everyone around me.

My default assumption is that I creep out everybody I interact with on our offline. So yeah, I know that feeling well...
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr
Bebop Man

Postby Bebop Man » 10 Dec 2013, 16:51

Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:

My parent's PP for a gift to me is £30. Anything more I should shell out from my own pocket.
The thing is, anything I want I'd buy soonish, and rely on Christmas money to repay it.

The thing I try to remember, is that I get a lot considering other people in my area.
People who get more, their parents probably use Credit cards and are in fact in debt. I'm fortunate that my parents owe no one anything at all.
I like to think that instead of having a shit tonne of stuff from Christmas, I have future financial security. It doesn't stop me being jealous, but, it's something.

Yeah I know, I guess I get a lot compared to other people. What angers me mostly is the lack of emotion behind all those gifts. Spoiled brats.
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 10 Dec 2013, 20:07

Ptang: For bonus points, put the hat on an actual picture of me.

Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Postby Fezzul » 10 Dec 2013, 21:05

Good god that play was dismal.

Also, why am I having trouble talking to people again? I thought I was past the whole 'awkward around everyone' phase?
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 11 Dec 2013, 00:20

I feel strangely emotional all of a sudden. Nothing really triggered it, I just feel really... sad.

I sympathize quite a bit with Fayili. I feel like everyone is judging me or hates me or that I'm an annoyance or burden on everyone.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 11 Dec 2013, 01:35

...so, it's 6:05 a.m.

Apparently I have insomnia. :|
Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Postby Ptangmatik » 11 Dec 2013, 03:07

Well, I did remember thinking you two looked pretty cute together in this one:

Edit: And yes, in case you're wondering, I'm worried that that sentiment comes across as creepy
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 11 Dec 2013, 04:50

Bebop Man wrote:
Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:

Yeah I know, I guess I get a lot compared to other people. What angers me mostly is the lack of emotion behind all those gifts. Spoiled brats.

Avoid watching "My Sweet 16" then.
MinniChi
First Video: Your Very Own Prom

Postby MinniChi » 12 Dec 2013, 09:51

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Who wants a 4 year old little boy? Free to a good home. He's a LRR fan if that helps.
No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 12 Dec 2013, 10:10

*whistles nonchalantly*

Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 12 Dec 2013, 10:27

I have a 6 year old brother already.
I hear the black market is open for business.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.

Return to “General Discussion”