Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Re: Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Postby AdmiralMemo » 01 Aug 2015, 23:04

Ah... Well... I hadn't kept up with monitor prices recently. How about a 32" TV cost with HDMI hook-ups? That'd cost like $200 instead of $400. If you don't have HDMI output from your computer, a graphics card with one costs about $40. So $240 compared to $400. Still not great, but better, at least.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 02 Aug 2015, 00:33

Related to an earlier vent: now the Rural Fire Service has said they're treating the fire as suspicious, meaning it's likely arson or an escaped campfire. Great. -_-
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 03 Aug 2015, 08:00

Asked a question in general chat of Skyforge about my class.

Someone told me lots of stuff that didn't make sense.

I asked them to say it again.

They said it more clearly, but they misunderstood my question.

I explained my question more easily.

They told me they couldn't explain themselves any more simply and that I should look at a guide.

I told them that they misunderstood my question.

I look for guides on the internet, and cannot find any except one. This one was written in compacted English and was as easy to read as Scotch Poetry.

So. There are no guides. You misunderstood my question. Why are you making it out that I'm the shithead?
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 04 Aug 2015, 03:54

Enough is enough! I have had it with these monkey-fighting ants in my Monday-to-Friday house!

Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 04 Aug 2015, 10:09

Sister pissed off mum.
Mum is pissed off at sister during family meal.
Mum is right to be annoyed and sister doesn't understand.
Sister tries to apologise and justify what she did by providing information that it irrelevant.

I'm tired of this... I don't know if there's anything I can do about it. I just feel immense apathy because I don't care. I want to leave home. I want to escape this. But that's not good. Why should I feel like I have to escape home? I don't want to dread family time because of potential bickerness. I should be enjoying my family being whole.
I'm tired of it.

This is why I go silent when someone has a go at me, because I witness my sister and mum arguing and I think "Sister, shut the fuck up. Stop talking. Please stop speaking".
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 10 Aug 2015, 16:50

I'm not going to GP Detroit. I've been spending a lot of time planning and trying to train for it. Trying to get ready to do my best. Sold off a bunch of cards to help pay for it. And now it feels like all the time and effort I put into trying to prepare was wasted. It's not even like it's a normal event. It was a team event. Meaning that the special prep and training doesn't really transfer over that well to other events.

I'm... a lot more disappointed by this then I thought I'd be. I think I was actually getting excited for it. The promo, the nice playmat, being able to actually play in a competitive event rather than my casual LGS's FNM. It looked to be a lot of fun. And now it's just not going to happen. Less than a week before it was supposed to.

I don't blame the guys I was going to go with. One guy was paying for both of the two, I found out. And he had a medical emergency come up. It cost him $1000. So I don't blame them by any means. But I also can't let them know how disappointed I am. It'd only make them feel worse about the whole thing. Which would make me feel worse.

This whole thing is one of the downsides of living in the middle of nowhere, I guess.
viscomica
First Video: SPRING!

Postby viscomica » 10 Aug 2015, 21:02

So.... that promotion I was aiming for is not gonna happen.
I'm not mad! (yes, yes I am)
betsytheripper
First Video: Scientist's Rebuttal to ICP

Postby betsytheripper » 11 Aug 2015, 10:37

Okay, like, how the fuck do you deal with someone who is willing to pay $60-$90 to take you to small claims court over $40? Hope he gets laughed out of the clerk's office?

Christ on a stick.
-betsy
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 12 Aug 2015, 07:43

I spilled a drink in my keyboard and now the jee and "h" keys don't work. As well as apostrophe. I can work around with spell checker and copy and paste.

I had it bad before. My laptop lost the WASD.
MinniChi
First Video: Your Very Own Prom

Postby MinniChi » 12 Aug 2015, 13:56

I am sick. :( I have been sick all week.
My fiancé is also ill. He has had whatever this is longer than I have. However I woke up today worse than he has been all week. Today is also one of my days off. Hooray I didn't have to call in sick. but damn it for being Mom sick.
Ever notice how moms seem to get better real fast? I have come to the conclusion that it is because we get sick in a very certain way. Day one, sniffles/sore throat or something easily worked through. Day Two, need a couple hours extra sleep, Nap when the kids do. Day Three, Back to the sniffles/sore throat, etc. but we are fine again to run after the kids and do the errands. Useful but annoying.
No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Ennui On Me
First Video: The first on the Escapist.

Postby Ennui On Me » 12 Aug 2015, 17:00

I've started to question my gender identity a lot more recently. For quite a while now, there's been an inkling of femininity in how I looked at myself, but this past week or so, it's become legitimately difficult for me to look at myself as a boy. I've always felt a pang of discomfort whenever I'd say or assure myself that I'm not transgender, but it's been fairly minimal for the most part. I'm really hesitant to say I'm transgender, since it might be some mood I'm in or god knows what, and that really adds to the difficulty. I'd be totally fine with identifying as female, but the uncertainty of this is just driving me mad. It would be totally unfair for me to change my entire identity based on something so recent, but... I don't know. Feelings are so fucking vague sometimes.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 12 Aug 2015, 21:20

The worst thing to do would be making a (relatively) permanent major decision based on what could be a temporary feeling. Talk with people. Sit on it. Think about it. See what it is. Then make your decision.

JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 12 Aug 2015, 21:30

You don't have to be trans even if you feel uncomfortable with identifying as your assigned gender, you know. Genderqueer, genderfluid, nonbinary... there are a whole lot of wonderful terms out there.

Also, don't ever feel that your identity has to be permanent! Things change and people change. It's okay to feel different at different points in your life, and even day-to-day. You are the arbiter of your gender. Nobody else.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

BlueChloroplast
First Video: something on the escapist

Postby BlueChloroplast » 13 Aug 2015, 16:53

Everyday feminism has some good articles on trans and nonbinary genders. Such as this article here: http://everydayfeminism.com/2015/07/exp ... r-as-amab/
which has links to these websites at the bottom: http://www.transstudent.org/definitions
http://genderqueerid.com/

The reasons there are so many identities is because it is a personal thing. Go find what is right for you! :D
Ennui On Me
First Video: The first on the Escapist.

Postby Ennui On Me » 13 Aug 2015, 17:32

Thanks a lot for the resources, but honestly, I just feel kind of overwhelmed. I've been aware of non-binary gender identities for a long time, but it's only a few days ago that I actually started looking into them, and it's dawned on me how deep and complex the world really is. It doesn't help that there are about as many gender identities as there are people who use them. It can be frustrating to not have an answer to a question like this.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 13 Aug 2015, 21:08

Of course. And obviously you can take all the time you want - even your whole lifetime. You may even feel that you've wound up cis after all. Just don't feel afraid to explore who you are or seek a new definition of yourself.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 13 Aug 2015, 21:56

Also, gender presentation and gender identity are different things as well, so you might express yourself in a feminine way, while identifying as masculine.

Ultimately, you don't have to have an answer. Really there doesn't even need to be a question, but society kinda insists, and it's hard to break out of that societal/cultural conditioning.
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
MinniChi

Postby MinniChi » 17 Aug 2015, 20:30

Argh. Fire alarm at 11:30pm in the middle of my shower. :evil:

Why can't people burn down the apartment during the day when the kids are awake?
No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 18 Aug 2015, 02:55

In Uni halls I used to ignore the fire alarms. It's a blessing I am still alive.

Sleep logic concluded it was worth staying in bed even if I might die.
MinniChi

Postby MinniChi » 18 Aug 2015, 04:02

We've never had the alarm go off outside of once and the person responsible told everyone on the floor it was her fault (cookies burnt) and the fire alarm testing. So it was a little concerning to hear it last night. My 6 year old has not stopped talking about it. And they still woke up at 7am! I hope they both nap.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 18 Aug 2015, 05:26

That moment when the last person you're rooting for is eliminated from a reality TV show.
You're unsure if you'll bother watching it again.

The only people are left are backstabbing schemers and one sole nice person who jacked off his own team just to make a point.
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 18 Aug 2015, 15:33

Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:and one sole nice person who jacked off his own team just to make a point.
I haven't watched any realty TV in a while, but I'm going to assume this is figurative...
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 18 Aug 2015, 15:34

Our At&T internet has always tested at solid bandwidths, in upwards of 30-40MPS, but when I stream I get buffering all the time, I complained and they said "well we don't have a relationship with that video service have you tried our on demand service, or netflix?" Basically admitting that they are throttling twitch.

So we canceled it and will be back on Comcast, when the activation code arrives in the mail. I kid you not we cant get a code over the phone, or at the store, we have to wait for it to be shipped out from wherever to our house via the post office to get high speed internet. We have all the equipment here, modem router, computers, wireless devices, in fact I can connect to the comcast website, but cant access anything else until I get a code which will arrive in 3-5 business days. OR I can pay 39.99 to have a technician come out and do the set up (call in the number off a card they have in their truck) and have it same day.

AHHHHH!
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Timelady
First Video: Deeply Religious

Postby Timelady » 18 Aug 2015, 19:04

Why does every interaction I have with government forms (regarding healthcare, student loans, etc) always start off with me thinking "oh, this looks so simple! No worries here!" and end with me completely ready to start dismantling a wall with my teeth?

...I say "end." I'm getting ready to appeal a decision. My first thought: "well, at least the form looks easy." I think I'm FINALLY starting to detect the pattern. I'd say wish me luck, but I'm not confident luck will be enough to help me...
AmazingPjotrMan wrote:Bacon is not a chronological entity.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 19 Aug 2015, 02:38

korvys wrote:
Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:and one sole nice person who jacked off his own team just to make a point.
I haven't watched any realty TV in a while, but I'm going to assume this is figurative...

Basically, this team who had lost had to nominate someone from themselves into elimination.

The team captain presumed the other team would nominate him, so he tried to convince the rest of his team to eliminate this other person the team captain saw was weak (he wanted an easy opponent in the elimination round).

The rest of his team said "no. piss off." And they decided to reveal what their team captain tried to do to the person the team captain wanted them to choose.

The way the other person got his "revenge" was to voluntarily defect to the other team to even up the team numbers.
What makes this a dick move is that this was during a task which he was an expert on (using Mathematics).
In spiteing this one person who was an arse hole, he also hurt the rest of his team who refused to agree with the scheme and told him the plan. I thought the best solution would be to kick the scheming team captain off their team instead. But no.

Basically, the only none-schemeing arse hole got eliminated (though she was a tad arse holey in the 'speaking segments', but it was kinda competitive talk. She was sincere during the tasks).

So now there are no contestants on the show I actually want to win.

Return to “General Discussion”