Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Re: Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 15 Jun 2017, 17:31

I am interested in language and English language. I enjoy teaching a person.

I just don't want to teach a classroom. I'd rather be a tutor.

I don't want to be self-employed because I've been finding it difficult being a self-employed artist as it is on top of being employed.

I don't want to work anywhere in the world; I don't want to be lonely. I find it hard to build meaningful relationships. I have meaningful ones here, I don't want to be separated from them. There is one abroad place I want to be, but I don't want to be there yet. There's still reasons for me to stay where I am for now.

But yes, a person who I just met. Please lecture me at how my life is subpar in your opinion. I am sure I am eager to build our relationship up so you can tear me down more often.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 02 Jan 2018, 10:12

2018 can go jump in the rancid dumpster fire remains of its two previous brethren!

Two days into this year and already it's FUCKED me six ways from Sunday.

Worked New Year's Day (cab driver), and we had some light flurries over the course of the day, so when I dropped off the cab, I needed to brush off my car.

My telescopic scraper came apart at the telescopic part.

So I'm off today, and we're to get errands done - groceries, bank, etc. - and we tacked on "buy a new scraper" which I was feeling bad about, because that sucker wasn't cheap; telescopic (so I can reach all across a big minivan's windshield, etc) strong brush, that 'squeege' wiper part and that whole assembly was adjustable too. So already the year is digging into my meagre post-holidays savings.

Well, I ended up staying up late, and so we could get going and get our errands done fairly early, I set the alarm on my phone...which I promptly slept right through; woke up an hour later than expected. Wife let me sleep because she wasn't too worried about being early etc. The phone shut the alarm off after 25min (and left me a little notification that had me initially wondering whether a) wife was nice to me and shut it off...but she's not very 'new tech' savvy, or b) I shut it off myself in some semiconscious state and simply had no recollection of even waking enough to do that)

So we get ready, and go...and Wally World doesn't have much of ANYTHING for snow scrapers. Princess Auto was a little better, but still more than I wanted to pay for half the features. Walmart also was dissatisfying for other purchases we were hoping to get, so the mood was going already.

...and I was dreading about going to Crappy Tire - all my experiences at their new location have been sub-par; staff are never around to help, store manages to be laid out cryptically despite plethora of signage, stock is lackluster, and generally a dissatisfying shopping experience each time.

But we never even made it that far; I'd diverted to one of the three supermarket chains for a specific item I needed (and wife needed to use the bathroom). Parking was horrible - a tiny dusting of snow left these utter chuzzlewits incapable of making any sort of sensible parking arrangement. People couldn't even drive competently; I was frazzled by the time we manage to get out of the car and walk into the grocery store. (and again, I'm a taxi driver - I'm on the roads with these half-wits for 10-12 hours a day and normally I manage just fine and without much of any frustration)

We get in, wife dumps coat scarf hat gloves and purse into cart and has me wait at the steps while she makes the trek to the public bathroom. I just sigh and stew while leaning on the cart.

When she returns, we check the deli area about a special on sushi that wife spotted while entering and has a hankering for. After struggling past lazy sheep-people being generally obstructive, we see the sushi case is EMPTY...at 11am. Makes sense after the store being closed the day before, but it's still demoralizing. We then turn and cut through aisles and clothing departments across the store to the pharmacy, I grab the bag of cough drops I need, and we just head back to the checkouts. Eight of them are open (which is more than normal) and every single one has a long lineup. We pick one and stand practically back in the clothing displays, me leaning back and forth, trying to alleviate the arthritis pain in my hips, and trying to clear my mind of the increasing funk that is taking it over.

...and then some simpering twit comes along, trying to move laterally across the store at the front with the checkouts, and asks me to move.

I snap, but I'm Canadian, so I don't unload undeservedly on her; I just storm away from the lineup - making room for her to pass - fling the cough drops to the floor and just pass through one of the few closed checkouts and leave.

And the last straw - and also what changed my estimation of this other person from "unintentionally annoying normal person" to "simpering twit" is that she called after me with "excuse me, you dropped your parcel!" *facepalm*

So yeah, one half of one percent into this year, and already I'm down with telling 2018 to GO FUCK ITSELF.

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 20 Feb 2018, 11:23

My hearing degradation is getting worse; I can't even listen to a movie trailer because the soundtrack (which is background music and is mixed to be so) STILL drowns out the dialogue for me.

And to top it all off, I struggled to setup the perfect setting to try to hear one offhand remark in one such trailer - mute everything else that might make noise, max volume on the browser tab in Windows and bury the dial both physically on my headphones and in the media player...

...and my depressive wife choose that exact moment when I'm frustrated and focused to touch my shoulder in a spontaneous moment of affection, and now she's taken my frustation as a personal attack on her ("get away from me you stupid, ugly fat bitch" is what I imagine she interpreted my 'just a sec' as) and now she's giving me the damn cold shoulder, and spurning any attempt of mine to even interact with her.

FUCKING GREAT.

FUCK YOU UNIVERSE.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 18 Dec 2018, 21:59

So here's the story of how I got screwed out of going to the company's holiday party.

2015: I had been there less than a month. I was working 20 hours a week (4 hours a day, 5 days a week). I stayed a few hours later, got someone going to the party to give me a ride, and got my mom to pick me up at the party location instead of work (because I didn't have my driver's license). It was a bar that had very loud and terrible music, some decent food, some awful food, and me wanting to get out of there because I didn't really know people very well at that point.

2016 and 2017: I still didn't have my driver's license, and it was scheduled on my day off. Getting there would've been somewhat OK, but getting home would've been hellish. Trying to take mass transit at like 10:30 PM would mean I'm probably getting home at 4 to 6 AM. With me going into work at 10 AM the next day, that would not have worked well in any way. Add into that the fact that I wasn't a fan of the locations, and I decided not to go to them.

2018: I have a new position, a new schedule, and I finally have my license. So conditions are quite different for me. Holiday party is announced again. Friday December 14, from 7 PM to 10 PM at a bowling alley. Seems decent, but I'm scheduled to work 2 PM to 10:30 PM. So I think that I won't be able to go. As such, I don't RSVP by December 1. Then, on Tuesday, December 11, I was having my bi-annual review with my boss. We talked about all sorts of things, and one topic I brought up was the fact that I didn't have a game console, so any games that don't come out on PC, I'll be behind on, since I won't have time to play them on my own. My boss mentioned that it was possible for me to win one at the holiday party. I said "Well, I'm not going since I'm scheduled to work." He was like "You could go. We close early for the party." I was like "What." So after discussion, he was going to go to HR the following day (since they had left by the time we had our meeting.) I get back in on Friday and find out the official notice that we were closing early went out on Wednesday, when I was off. I didn't even get the notice about us closing early until the morning of the party. I was quite upset, and, to their credit, several folks in management attempted to reason with HR about my situation. HR denied it, stating that the email went out before the RSVP deadline about the office closing early. I went and checked. Sure enough, November 30, there was an email from the HR girl stating the office was closing early for the party. HOWEVER... She must've been pulling that out of her butt, to be honest, because we didn't get official word from the client that we were ALLOWED to close early until the 14th. So, if the client didn't say we were allowed to close early... where'd she get her info 2 weeks earlier? Also... I end up getting about 400 emails a day due to various distribution lists, most of which don't really require me to read them, but I do need to skim them to find out whether I need the info or not. As November 30 was a Friday and I'm off Wednesdays and Thursdays currently... that means the email I received was 1 out of about 1200 emails I had to briefly look at that day. As such, I probably missed the small note that we were closing early, whether she made it up or not. Most people there said the RSVP was mainly for the alcohol tickets. However, I don't drink, so that would've been a moot point, and if that's all it was for, barring me from going was stupid.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 10 Jan 2019, 16:04

It's midnight and my mum has gotten upset over something, probably legitimate. But it's a constant reminder that I instinctively get stressed out by the sound of her being upset.
Bebop Man
First Video: The Pirate Video

Postby Bebop Man » 21 Jan 2019, 09:45

Moving out not an option?
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 22 Jan 2019, 14:21

Not earning enough.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 31 Jan 2019, 15:39

On a petty level. I'm sad my Lava Bears shirt no longer fits me. I mean I could wear it, but it's very figure hugging. I simply don't have the figure I wish to share with the world. If I had known that the male body still grows during its 20s, I would have originally ordered it in Large.

Return to “General Discussion”