Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Re: Venting Thread Delta - Now With Easy to Follow Rules

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 27 Feb 2014, 09:47

Youtube creator adverts on Youtube isn't a surprise. But it does feel like you've accidentally clicked the wrong video.

It can also be patronising if they choose a Youtube Creator Advert based off what you watch, but you personally dislike that specific creator. If Shofu (Pokemon) has an advert that gets played to me, I'm going to go on a murderous rampage.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 27 Feb 2014, 10:05

NO, You fucking halfwit. Putting 5 wraps of teflon tape on a nylon fitting that'll be screwed into an aluminium housing will WRECK THE THREADS!! THEN I'LL HAVE TO FRICKING SOLVE IT. AGAIN! I've been taught to put on teflon tape when working with hydraulics. You know, the stuff with oil at 350 bar. Where even the SLIGHTEST leak means you pump out a few liters of oil before you even realise there IS a leak. I TEND TO KNOW WHAT THE FUCK I'M DOING. AS I'VE PROVEN TO YOU TIME AND TIME AGAIN.

GAHHHHHH. I am going to have to work real hard not to punch this guy in the face if he keeps this up. (Too bad he's my foreman too...)

This shit-for-brains thinks he know everything, when I've probably learned more about how this machine works in the last year than he will ever know.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
KiteNeravar
First Video: Assassin Creeds

Postby KiteNeravar » 27 Feb 2014, 19:37

Found out my dog has cancer today. At best she has 6 months to live. This may not be the best place for this but I need to get this out and I don't where else to put it and I'm just so fucking pissed off I can't even think straight. She deserves so much better.
viscomica
First Video: SPRING!

Postby viscomica » 27 Feb 2014, 19:42

KiteNeravar wrote:Found out my dog has cancer today. At best she has 6 months to live. This may not be the best place for this but I need to get this out and I don't where else to put it and I'm just so fucking pissed off I can't even think straight. She deserves so much better.

I'm so sorry about that. I feel like the only thing I can offer is a consoling (internet) hug. Stay strong!
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 27 Feb 2014, 19:50

Be with her every single day and treat her with all the love she deserves. Make her last days very happy ones for the both of you. She still has time and that's not something you want to waste, otherwise you'll spend the rest of your life regretting it.
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 28 Feb 2014, 07:33

So I went to sleep last night. And in that time, the meaning of "No" has somehow changed.

"Wanna come out tonight?"
"Nope."
"Come on!"
"I don't want to go out tonight. I want to stay in tonight."
"But you'll miss out on a great gig!"
"I HATE gigs! I stand around listening to deafening music through cheap speakers and your bands fucking suck! You promised me amazing two drummer epic music shit the last time and I was checking my watch every 5 minutes to see when it ended so I can go home! No!"
"But I'll pay you in!"
"No!"
"But-"
"No!"

Half an hour long that phone call lasted. Should have just hung up.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 28 Feb 2014, 17:46

My sister in law asked me to run over to my brother's house to make sure the dishwasher got turned off. They turned off the water due to going on a trip and he forgot to turn off the dishwasher. I was happy to do so. It's a bit of a trip, but I'm happy to help.

The problem? Neither of them thought to tell me that their driveway was sheer freaking ice. This isn't just a short driveway. They live in the country. It's a pretty big driveway that goes up a hill, to a top that includes the main parking, down the other side of the hill for extra parking. I nearly hit the tree pulling in. Then I got stuck for a half-hour trying to get out due to attempting to turn around (I hadn't seen it was all ice due to being night). So I got stuck on the wrong side of the hill.

I managed to get out after a while thanks to realizing that the snow would help me here. I backed up till I was in the snow, then used it to get up the hill to the top. From there I put some snow under the rear tires to get traction, and that final boost I needed to get down the hill and onto the road (and thankfully, not on the other side of the road, which was a ditch filled with trees).

I was absolutely furious while I was there. The fact my brother hasn't salted his driveway in any way astounds me (I'm not the first person to get stuck, but the last time I heard it happen was over a week ago). And the fact neither told me to watch out for the ice just annoys me. But now that I'm home and relaxed, I'm not nearly as mad. It just happened when both they and my parents (so anyone nearby that I knew who could help) were 3 hours away.
Bebop Man
First Video: The Pirate Video

Postby Bebop Man » 28 Feb 2014, 18:09

Sometimes I wonder if by venting here I'm depleting my talent and missing out on a good book. You know I published a novel once out of sheer anger!
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Postby Prospero101 » 01 Mar 2014, 16:04

You know what I'm really fucking sick of? The sentence "You know what your problem is?" followed by a pause, expecting an answer, then continuing with your rant as soon as I open my mouth.
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 01 Mar 2014, 16:34

When people say that to me I throw in a random word. I used sponges last time. Then stated they can never help soak up all the blood of fallen customers I hid in our tills.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 01 Mar 2014, 17:01

My sister keeps inviting me to services at her Church, and I keep declining.

I am surprised she hasn't got the message yet.

If I want to attend a Church service at her Church, I would ask about it.

Until otherwise, the answer will always be no.

I am grateful she wants to include me. I just wish she'd take no as an answer.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 02 Mar 2014, 13:46

MinniChi
First Video: Your Very Own Prom

Postby MinniChi » 02 Mar 2014, 15:26

So much school work! On top of two jobs and 2 kids . . . This sucks. I think I'm going to have to drop some hours at the one place. :(
No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 04 Mar 2014, 13:34

Shitty internet.
Had to move downstairs next to the router. Same room as the living room. Yay awkward.
Darkobra

Postby Darkobra » 04 Mar 2014, 13:51

It's great being in a band that does fuck all. We get told a month in advance the gig starts at 8pm. I turn up, drum kit ready, guitars ready, mics ready. They run out the door at 8pm and say "Yeah I decided we'll start at 9."

NO! YOU don't decide SHIT! We got an audience there waiting! We get PAID for this! YOU don't decide our hours! THE VENUE does! Do your fucking job! You work one night a week and you don't even want to do THAT!

I swear he only went to college just so he could avoid getting a job. Anyone like that in college, quit. Just quit.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
MinniChi

Postby MinniChi » 04 Mar 2014, 16:40

My feet!! My poor-poor feet. :cry:
No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 05 Mar 2014, 12:52

My sister's room has a better Wi-Fi signal than my room.
She's not living at home anymore.

Looks like someone's going to take her room for Computering.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 05 Mar 2014, 12:55

MinniChi wrote:My feet!! My poor-poor feet. :cry:

Welcome to the club- after a 50 mile hike on Saturday, I could barely walk for two days
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
MinniChi

Postby MinniChi » 05 Mar 2014, 16:00

I'm on my feet all day everyday. At work (both jobs), and in 3 of my 5 classes I don't get to sit. And in all locations I have to wear steel toe shoes.

I really need to find some good insoles. :(
Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Postby Ptangmatik » 06 Mar 2014, 01:20

The grass is always etcetera

I have to sit down all day at my job. I'm getting a little podgy and sleeping poorly.
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
Cybertrash
First Video: Bros Clubbing Bros

Postby Cybertrash » 06 Mar 2014, 12:54

Bleh

Got some kind of stomach bug, threw up at work, breaking my >10 year streak of not throwing up :C

What's worse is that I had an interview for a new job in the afternoon, that has already been postponed once (due to the interviewer being sick...). When I called the interviewer she said that they're probably going to have found someone else by next week (she did still want to go through with the interview however, "in case something else turns up")

And my entire body is aching too, especially my hip, I feel old all of a sudden. Alltogether not a great day.
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 06 Mar 2014, 13:47

On the subject of work, I am exasperated by the "Why are you so tired after work?" crowd. I'm tired because I keep inconsistent hours (actually, less so these days, which is good - there was a time when I might get overnights, mornings and evenings all in the same week), the whole shift is on my feet, and I don't get any kind of break while I'm there. Other people may work more difficult or taxing or tiring jobs or longer hours, but that doesn't make me feel any more or less tired. I can't turn that off. I can power through it, but can't make it go away.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 06 Mar 2014, 14:04

College was stressful today.
Why?

I was doing a very challenging part of a pipe setup (Offsets).
I had sod all space to do it in because magically everyone in my group decided to turn up to Workshop and do work.
Twats kept taking the tools I specifically took out of the store cupboard without asking and didn't return them. That kneeling mat by my work is there because I AM USING IT. GO FIND YOUR OWN FUCKING ONE SINCE I HAVE ALWAYS FOUND MY OWN TOOLS TO USE YOU UTTER RETARD.
I also overheated.
I really need to work in a small scale context after my course otherwise certain accidents might occur to my colleagues.
Hell today, I accidentally scrapped the end of a freshly cut over tube against a class mates' hand because we walked into each other. Thankfully he was ok (he is one of the good/nice ones on my course)
PlasmaCow
First Video: Desert Bus 4 / The Job

Postby PlasmaCow » 06 Mar 2014, 17:07

Bloody storm force winds forecast all day Saturday at Nevis range, Cairngorm & the Lecht - looks like no skiing for me this weekend at the event I am paying £40 to go to to specifically to be the replacement ski leader. At least it means I can get hammered on Friday night at the on-site bar.
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 06 Mar 2014, 22:08

I will never accomplish anything meaningful because I'm lazy and I lack ambition. I'm competitive as hell and it's gotten me this far through university (I like the nice numbers on my report cards, they validate me to some degree) but I have no real drive. People keep acting like this is a bad thing. They get frustrated at me for being so "smart" and having so much "potential" but not wanting to do anything with it. Other people want to make the world better or become rich or whatever. What do I want? To eat tomorrow. To sleep in a clean, warm bed. To be snuggled sometimes. A walk in the park on a sunny Summer afternoon. A hot shower. A little security. Some appreciation.

It's hard to make the connection between anything I'm doing now and the things I want. I'm paying for education so I can get a "better" job (though not really) when I don't really give a shit what I end up having to do. I'd scrub toilets on my hands and knees with a toothbrush for the rest of my life if I could come home to those things. I'm tired of being constantly poor. I may have luxury items but they were gifts and they came with a nice helping of guilt piled on top. In reality, as I am oft reminded, I have genuinely earned next to nothing and am consequently worthless.

A lot of the time it feels like I'm supposed to have these big dreams and my peers criticize me for aiming so low - for being so cynical. I'm just not very complex. I'm not concerned with appearances or status symbols or keeping up with the Joneses. I don't need to cure cancer or have a Ferrari in my garage to be happy. $1 Hotwheels make me happy. Lying in bed watching a movie with someone snuggly makes me the happiest I've ever been.

I'd much rather be doing that. Instead I'm sitting here in front of thousands of dollars worth of computer equipment listening to Mike Oldfield, getting drunk, and posting this. I don't want to be here. I've spent half of my life sitting in front of a machine alone in my room, and even though no one wanted to disturb me, I always hoped I'd be disturbed. I hate spending my life tied to this thing but I have few other options for genuine social interaction right now.

Once again this post goes nowhere in particular. A fitting metaphor, I suppose.

Return to “General Discussion”