New Wubstep LRR-theme remix (x2)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Lancer
First Video: Cash Cats

New Wubstep LRR-theme remix (x2)

Postby Lancer » 24 Aug 2012, 11:25

http://music.biggiantcircles.com/album/ ... eady-remix

BigGiantCircles, the dood that (kinda) made the dubstep song that LRR celebrated to after raising 100K in last year's desert bus
(link to said celebration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO-20VTqtTo )
Made a LoadingReadyRemix album. Well, only two songs, but yea. Two remixes of the LRR theme, at least one of which can definitely be classified as wubstep. To top it off, all proceeds from the album are apparently going to be donated to Desert Bus this year. I figured you guys might like to know that, so there you go.
Last edited by Lancer on 24 Aug 2012, 11:39, edited 1 time in total.
Graham
Super Moderator

Re: New Wubstep LRR-theme remix (x2)

Postby Graham » 24 Aug 2012, 11:37

Jimmy is a super cool guy.
Lancer

Postby Lancer » 24 Aug 2012, 11:41

Indeed. I'll be quite disappointed if you guys don't play that at least once in this year's Desert Bus.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 24 Aug 2012, 12:12

Been a fan of BGC for years, picked up on him via his OCRemix work. Good stuff.

~Alja~
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 24 Aug 2012, 12:12

I think I can arrange for a $25 challenge to dance to this.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 24 Aug 2012, 12:21

I like the use of the crew talking in the middle. I'm not a fan of the bwah bits at 1:20 to 1:55 and from 3:35 onwards, but the rest is great. Dubstep lite?
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 24 Aug 2012, 12:35

Voice snippets is kind of one of BGC's "things". Specifically that echo-y, truncated, modulated quality to the sound clips. It's probably less complex than I imagine it, but I like it so I of course assume it is all fancy and difficult to pull off.

~Alja~
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 24 Aug 2012, 13:23

I expect to hear one if not both of these during the next Jon Loucks draft.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
SecretsOfMoon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby SecretsOfMoon » 24 Aug 2012, 13:41

Could I perhaps buy this guy's shit for negative dollars? Maybe that money could go to the Iranian government or something equally noble, but like the rest of the genre that is dubstep, that shit is vile and rancid, it is to music what zyklon-B is to certain European minorities.

Dr. Vitriol
I am the bearer of Sitra Ahra, the one who stands at the gates of Qliphoth, I am Maskim Xul.
4861696c20536174616e21
Depressive Realism Now!
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 24 Aug 2012, 15:50

Dr. Vitriol is an apt name.

Did you like track two at least? It's not dubstep, but it's electronic.
Lancer

Postby Lancer » 24 Aug 2012, 18:53

Lord Hosk wrote:I think I can arrange for a $25 challenge to dance to this.

Give them bonus moniez if they can memorize and recite their spoken parts from the song. I'd love to watch Kathleen singing "Hello, you've reached the internet; how may I help yooooooo"
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 24 Aug 2012, 19:14

If we could not do 5$ EVERYONE SING ALL THE TIME FOREVER donations, that would be awesome. I usually mute when all that goes on. Not that I don't appreciate it but I feel as if maybe I should be drunk and singing along out of tune to really enjoy it.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Tally
First Video: 1337 rap

Postby Tally » 24 Aug 2012, 19:51

TheRocket wrote:...I feel as if maybe I should be drunk and singing along out of tune to really enjoy it.

That is probably a very apt assessment. (I also find in such cases that being abysmally sleep deprived + on an adrenaline high is a workable substitute for being inebriated.)
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 24 Aug 2012, 20:34

SecretsOfMoon wrote:Could I perhaps buy this guy's shit for negative dollars? Maybe that money could go to the Iranian government or something equally noble, but like the rest of the genre that is dubstep, that shit is vile and rancid, it is to music what zyklon-B is to certain European minorities.

There is a vast gulf of difference between things like Skillrex and these two songs. Ignorant knee-jerk reactionary blanket judgements based entirely on the concept of genre are pretty much a waste of everyone's time and insulting to the endeavors of human discourse.

I'll just file you away with the other intolerants who resort to asinine, egocentric, self-important whingeing about anything that doesn't fit their inconceivably narrow expectations of human behavior or sentiment - the racists, the sexists, the bigots, the overzealous, the gay-bashers, the furry-haters, the pony-ragers, the trolls and the flamers, "the killers, the lunatics, the beastmen, all the people of society's zoo" - or in far fewer and far more appropriate words, the trash.

~Alja~
Moshi
First Video: Unskipable - Assassin Creed: Brotherhood

Postby Moshi » 24 Aug 2012, 22:16

Lord Hosk wrote:I think I can arrange for a $25 challenge to dance to this.

I believe the Matt Wub step challenge needs to happen again with this.... just sayin'
ImageImageImage
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 24 Aug 2012, 22:28

Alja, a little sharp there. Everyone has something they hate. If it's only a type of music, I'm happy.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Dibria
First Video: The Job

Postby Dibria » 25 Aug 2012, 01:57

@Fayili, everyone is entitled to hate things, and be vocal about it if they wish, but making off hand remarks about genocide is never funny, clever or appropriate.
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 25 Aug 2012, 03:03

Music, just like clothing, games, movies and books, is all down to taste.

I might think that Twilight is a load of tripe, but it doesn't mean that I have to go shove it down the throat of all groups that I pass by who are currently in the midst of praising it.

There is a time and a place for everything. Stating your own negative opinions about something towards people who obviously don't share that opinion "just because" is self-centered.

Edit: Also wanted to add, to the point of this thread. Currently listened to both tracks a few times over. :3

Edit2: This means I like them ... a lot.
Hurp-De-Durp!
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 25 Aug 2012, 05:19

Look, dubstep's not my bag, and I hadn't really paid much attention to this thread...

...then a 'Minecrafter' I follow on YouTube took a snippet of video of her husband aping a face at her, ran it through some rendering software and setting it to "Loading Ready Wub". :lol:

...I'd missed the title at the start, so imagine my surprise when I started to hear Graham and then Kathleen and Paul... Image

Maybe the Internet isn't as big as we think it is? ;)
SecretsOfMoon

Postby SecretsOfMoon » 25 Aug 2012, 05:46

Alja-Markir wrote:There is a vast gulf of difference between things like Skillrex and these two songs. Ignorant knee-jerk reactionary blanket judgements based entirely on the concept of genre are pretty much a waste of everyone's time and insulting to the endeavors of human discourse.

I'll just file you away with the other intolerants who resort to asinine, egocentric, self-important whingeing about anything that doesn't fit their inconceivably narrow expectations of human behavior or sentiment - the racists, the sexists, the bigots, the overzealous, the gay-bashers, the furry-haters, the pony-ragers, the trolls and the flamers, "the killers, the lunatics, the beastmen, all the people of society's zoo" - or in far fewer and far more appropriate words, the trash.

~Alja~

Speak of the devil, how about making uninformed knee-jerk reactionary blanket statements on one's worth as a human being based on their opinion on some music? File me where you will, I'll file you under "ignorant, holier-than-thou preachy wankers".
I am the bearer of Sitra Ahra, the one who stands at the gates of Qliphoth, I am Maskim Xul.
4861696c20536174616e21
Depressive Realism Now!
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 25 Aug 2012, 11:13

Yes, the classic "Et tū?" play. You spew vitriol without basis, someone condemns your senseless vitriol, you accuse their condemnation of your actions as being no better than your original vitriol.

A few logical slip ups in that one, though. The condemnation would never occur without the vitriol, and in fact is squarely directed at said vitriol. It is not baseless, but entirely grounded in a very real and very negative single instance of unwanted behavior. In contrast, the vitriol is unprovoked, unfocused, and uninformed.

Or put more simply, harshly calling out specific bad behavior is in no way comparable to spewing venom blindly. Or even more simply, calling you a jerk when you act like one is not the same as going out a being a jerk to random people.

*hugs and kisses*

~Alja~
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 25 Aug 2012, 11:32

Take it to the PMs now guys. We've had enough anger wars recently.

I despise Dubstep as much as others but when I brought my dislike up I was able to critique it quite fairly.

*Rugs and tissues*
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 25 Aug 2012, 13:06

Alja, I'm disappointed in you. :(
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

SecretsOfMoon

They tried to speak with angel-tongues

Postby SecretsOfMoon » 25 Aug 2012, 17:37

Alja-Markir, I really should have paid more attention to what you were saying earlier in the thread, so as to know that reasoning would have been fruitless. It keeps insisting that my despise for the given music (though obviously this isn't really about music anymore, is it?) is uninformed, yet I fail to see on what basis such assertion is being made. Certainly I haven't let you in on the, could you be perhaps making uninformed assumptions on the matter yourself? Would that not make one a hypocrite?

I think that enough for now, maybe you should come up with a new tactic for next time round. It'd be naive of me to think you'd make any sort of concession toward sanity, but then again, more than anything I want to see how deep down the well of madness we'll go.
4861696c20536174616e21
Depressive Realism Now!
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 25 Aug 2012, 17:40

This isn't necessary. Nobody actually cares about this argument.

Return to “General Discussion”