PAX East 2013 - 100% Complete

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
User avatar
MrPayneTrayne
Posts: 638
Joined: 21 Feb 2009, 12:12
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Re: PAX East 2013 - OMG Less Than a Month Away!

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 07 Mar 2013, 15:07

Lemegeton, honestly PAX is only as expensive as you make it (flights/hotel arguable).
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
User avatar
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
Posts: 4376
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 07:41
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!
Location: Cambridge, Massachu~
Contact:

Re: PAX East 2013 - OMG Less Than a Month Away!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 07 Mar 2013, 16:15

MrPayneTrayne wrote:Lemegeton, honestly PAX is only as expensive as you make it (flights/hotel arguable).


Uh... to a point. If you have a (legal) way to make it cost less than $70, I'm listening.
User avatar
MrPayneTrayne
Posts: 638
Joined: 21 Feb 2009, 12:12
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Re: PAX East 2013 - OMG Less Than a Month Away!

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 07 Mar 2013, 16:20

AlexanderDitto wrote:
MrPayneTrayne wrote:Lemegeton, honestly PAX is only as expensive as you make it (flights/hotel arguable).


Uh... to a point. If you have a (legal) way to make it cost less than $70, I'm listening.

Fair enough, what I'm saying is that I've seen people blow throw $300 dollar in a day on t-shirts they could order online at anytime. You don't have to buy floor stuff to have a good time (or at least in my experience I don't).

Also, mini-fridges in hotel rooms do wonders for your food budget.

EDIT: Also, there was a free-food truck at PAXPrime that saved me cash, and Curse party can get you two free drinks (Used to be fully open bar).
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
User avatar
Lord Hosk
Posts: 6587
Joined: 07 Dec 2011, 08:30
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Re: PAX East 2013 - OMG Less Than a Month Away!

Postby Lord Hosk » 07 Mar 2013, 22:03

AlexanderDitto wrote:
MrPayneTrayne wrote:Lemegeton, honestly PAX is only as expensive as you make it (flights/hotel arguable).


Uh... to a point. If you have a (legal) way to make it cost less than $70, I'm listening.



Host a panel or become an enforcer ;0 while living within the Boston metro area.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
User avatar
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
Posts: 4376
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 07:41
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!
Location: Cambridge, Massachu~
Contact:

Re: PAX East 2013 - OMG Less Than a Month Away!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 07 Mar 2013, 22:35

Lord Hosk wrote:
AlexanderDitto wrote:
MrPayneTrayne wrote:Lemegeton, honestly PAX is only as expensive as you make it (flights/hotel arguable).


Uh... to a point. If you have a (legal) way to make it cost less than $70, I'm listening.



Host a panel or become an enforcer ;0 while living within the Boston metro area.


Technically you're correct, though cost of living within the Boston Metro area would undoubtedly be higher than what my current living cost is so that'd probably still cost me much more.

I really should see about getting on one of these panel things... I could do "Scarves of the Gaming World" or "Running the PAX Pokemon League: Seriously I Have Put Like 1000 Hours into this Thing, Where Is My Medal," or "Pokemon Beauracracy: Seriously How Does The Pokemon League Even Operate They Should Be Bankrupt." (Two friends of mine were going to tap me for the Crafter panel but I felt like I don't do enough gaming-related crafting to be a good addition to their panel. I clearly need to knit more Sprite-Art scarves.)
User avatar
KiteNeravar
Posts: 334
Joined: 24 Oct 2012, 17:34
First Video: Assassin Creeds
Location: Springfield, MA

Re: PAX East 2013 - OMG Less Than a Month Away!

Postby KiteNeravar » 08 Mar 2013, 06:17

I would totally go to either of those Pokemon panels!
User avatar
Lord Hosk
Posts: 6587
Joined: 07 Dec 2011, 08:30
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Re: PAX East 2013 - OMG Less Than a Month Away!

Postby Lord Hosk » 08 Mar 2013, 06:24

the pokemon league panel might fly actually.

also, arent you super smart and technologically inclined, you could get graduate or phd work a mit then they would pay you to live in the boston area ;) problem solved.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
User avatar
psychopez
Posts: 418
Joined: 24 Nov 2010, 15:07
First Video: Crime and Punishment
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: PAX East 2013 - OMG Less Than a Month Away!

Postby psychopez » 08 Mar 2013, 12:06

Lord Hosk wrote:the pokemon league panel might fly actually.

also, arent you super smart and technologically inclined, you could get graduate or phd work a mit then they would pay you to live in the boston area ;) problem solved.


I don't play Pokemon (too OCD, in that every time I get to a new town I feel the need to level up ALL my Pokemon to the level of the town. All of them.) but I'd love to hear about that, there's got to be some way to spin that as a Meta-PAX panel, "How to plan and create a Convention Metagame" or something like that)
@mhasko
User avatar
MrPayneTrayne
Posts: 638
Joined: 21 Feb 2009, 12:12
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Re: PAX East 2013 - OMG Less Than a Month Away!

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 08 Mar 2013, 12:59

Helping to make the PAXperience, a panel with Ditto for Pokemon League, the resident Coinmaker for the year, Lexi for her Boardgame night and Atlus for his barcrawl stuff.

I would attend the crap out of that panel.
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
User avatar
Evil Keebler Elf
Posts: 74
Joined: 02 Dec 2007, 19:54
First Video: Desert Bus 1
Location: Sturbridge, MA
Contact:

Re: PAX East 2013 - OMG Less Than a Month Away!

Postby Evil Keebler Elf » 10 Mar 2013, 14:06

So, I was a pseudo-active poster who has become just straight-up neglectful of the forum. HOWEVER, I'm very excited for PAX East and have always had fun experiences with the LRR fans I have met there in the past!
User avatar
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
Posts: 4376
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 07:41
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!
Location: Cambridge, Massachu~
Contact:

Re: PAX East 2013 - OMG Less Than a Month Away!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 10 Mar 2013, 17:34

psychopez wrote:
Lord Hosk wrote:the pokemon league panel might fly actually.

also, arent you super smart and technologically inclined, you could get graduate or phd work a mit then they would pay you to live in the boston area ;) problem solved.


I don't play Pokemon (too OCD, in that every time I get to a new town I feel the need to level up ALL my Pokemon to the level of the town. All of them.) but I'd love to hear about that, there's got to be some way to spin that as a Meta-PAX panel, "How to plan and create a Convention Metagame" or something like that)


MrPayneTrayne wrote:Helping to make the PAXperience, a panel with Ditto for Pokemon League, the resident Coinmaker for the year, Lexi for her Boardgame night and Atlus for his barcrawl stuff.

I would attend the crap out of that panel.


That... is actually an interesting idea. Hmmm. Though I don't know that they'd actually be able to do it, since we're technically kind of abusing a copyright when it comes to the PPL stuff, and PAX couldn't be seen as endorsing it. It's the similar to the weird legal tightrope the Cookie Brigade has to walk because of the convention center's agreement with the food catering companies...
User avatar
aeric90
Posts: 2866
Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 06:09
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: PAX East 2013 - OMG Less Than a Month Away!

Postby aeric90 » 11 Mar 2013, 07:25

We're now less than 2 weeks away!
Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
User avatar
Lord Hosk
Posts: 6587
Joined: 07 Dec 2011, 08:30
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Re: PAX East 2013 - OMG Less Than a Month Away!

Postby Lord Hosk » 11 Mar 2013, 07:44

and yet the majority of people who bought tickets up to 6 months ago still dont have them.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
User avatar
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
Posts: 4376
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 07:41
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!
Location: Cambridge, Massachu~
Contact:

Re: PAX East 2013 - OMG Less Than a Month Away!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 11 Mar 2013, 07:48

aeric90 wrote:We're now less than 2 weeks away!


AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGGH

Lord Hosk wrote:and yet the majority of people who bought tickets up to 6 months ago still dont have them.


Yeah, I still don't have mine. :(
User avatar
TheMadPunter
Posts: 13
Joined: 17 May 2011, 16:59
First Video: Omni-Lingual
Location: Space
Contact:

Re: PAX East 2013 - OMG Less Than a Month Away!

Postby TheMadPunter » 11 Mar 2013, 10:54

Anyone still have an extra badge? I didn't think I'd be able to go, so I didn't bother buying one back in October, which in retrospect was stupid. So many great panels, must not miss! Help a Runner out plz?
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
User avatar
Athatar
Posts: 20
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 14:40
First Video: Unskippable

Re: PAX East 2013 - OMG Less Than a Month Away!

Postby Athatar » 11 Mar 2013, 13:45

To the LRR crew heading to PAX East this year as well as any Runners who are interested......

I am flying in from ye old England and I will be NOWHERE near my max luggage allowence. So, is there anything you want me to bring for you? Maybe some food stuff that is only available on the "correct" side of the pond, we have dairy milk you know..... How about some good old British beer?

Either post it here or PM me and I'll sort something out.

Also, I am driving up from Baltimore. I will be setting off Thursday and will be getting into Boston quite late but if anyone needs a lift, just let me know.
User avatar
Lord Hosk
Posts: 6587
Joined: 07 Dec 2011, 08:30
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Re: PAX East 2013 - OMG Less Than a Month Away!

Postby Lord Hosk » 11 Mar 2013, 16:20

Image

GOT THEM! Finally now I just have to get people to pay and get them in the mail.

its less than 2 weeks!
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
User avatar
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
Posts: 4376
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 07:41
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!
Location: Cambridge, Massachu~
Contact:

Re: PAX East 2013 - OMG Less Than a Month Away!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 11 Mar 2013, 16:41

TheMadPunter wrote:Anyone still have an extra badge? I didn't think I'd be able to go, so I didn't bother buying one back in October, which in retrospect was stupid. So many great panels, must not miss! Help a Runner out plz?


Wish I could help you, mate, but all mine are spoken for now. Should have said something a few weeks ago. :(

Also, my passes also came in the mail. Looks like Hosk and I were in the same wave.
User avatar
Athatar
Posts: 20
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 14:40
First Video: Unskippable

Re: PAX East 2013 - OMG Less Than a Month Away!

Postby Athatar » 11 Mar 2013, 16:57

I too got mine today... But mine had to go via airship so I assume I was in the wave before (that is unless FedEx are very very good)
User avatar
Juliamon
Posts: 297
Joined: 22 Apr 2010, 16:41
First Video: I... think it was Who Watches Movies?
Location: Southern NH
Contact:

Re: PAX East 2013 - OMG Less Than a Month Away!

Postby Juliamon » 11 Mar 2013, 17:40

If any PAX-goers are on the Season 1 share list, it would be great if you could give your input on the thread as to whether I should hold onto it an extra week so that I could bring it with me.
brb, assaulting children.
User avatar
TheMadPunter
Posts: 13
Joined: 17 May 2011, 16:59
First Video: Omni-Lingual
Location: Space
Contact:

Re: PAX East 2013 - OMG Less Than a Month Away!

Postby TheMadPunter » 11 Mar 2013, 17:52

AlexanderDitto wrote:
TheMadPunter wrote:Anyone still have an extra badge? I didn't think I'd be able to go, so I didn't bother buying one back in October, which in retrospect was stupid. So many great panels, must not miss! Help a Runner out plz?


Wish I could help you, mate, but all mine are spoken for now. Should have said something a few weeks ago. :(

Also, my passes also came in the mail. Looks like Hosk and I were in the same wave.


I know; it's all good though. A few weeks ago I didn't know that Runners getting extra badges for the community was even a thing; Pika was the one who told me about it. It should have occurred to me earlier; kind of obvious really.

Lord Hosk wrote:
GOT THEM! Finally now I just have to get people to pay and get them in the mail.

its less than 2 weeks!


If any of your buyers fall through, I'll buy. Same goes for anyone who ends up with extras.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
User avatar
MrPayneTrayne
Posts: 638
Joined: 21 Feb 2009, 12:12
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Re: PAX East 2013 - OMG Less Than a Month Away!

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 11 Mar 2013, 21:24

Just got my badges in the mail.

And still psyched to wear Canadaman on Friday.
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
User avatar
Kapol
Posts: 6120
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 03:31
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Location: The ever-shifting landscape of the mind

Re: PAX East 2013 - OMG Less Than a Month Away!

Postby Kapol » 12 Mar 2013, 16:22

MrPayneTrayne wrote:Just got my badges in the mail.

And still psyched to wear Canadaman on Friday.


The fact you are going to wear Canadaman is somewhat unsettling. Did he at least consent?

Also... it's just over a week until I'm leaving for my first PAX. I'm just gonna be over here, curled up in a ball and quietly muttering to myself.
User avatar
MrPayneTrayne
Posts: 638
Joined: 21 Feb 2009, 12:12
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Re: PAX East 2013 - OMG Less Than a Month Away!

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 12 Mar 2013, 18:46

Kapol wrote:
MrPayneTrayne wrote:Just got my badges in the mail.

And still psyched to wear Canadaman on Friday.


The fact you are going to wear Canadaman is somewhat unsettling. Did he at least consent?

Also... it's just over a week until I'm leaving for my first PAX. I'm just gonna be over here, curled up in a ball and quietly muttering to myself.


If I don't ask he can't say no..
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
User avatar
Lord Hosk
Posts: 6587
Joined: 07 Dec 2011, 08:30
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Re: PAX East 2013 - OMG Less Than a Month Away!

Postby Lord Hosk » 12 Mar 2013, 20:37

TheMadPunter wrote:
AlexanderDitto wrote:
TheMadPunter wrote:Anyone still have an extra badge? I didn't think I'd be able to go, so I didn't bother buying one back in October, which in retrospect was stupid. So many great panels, must not miss! Help a Runner out plz?


Wish I could help you, mate, but all mine are spoken for now. Should have said something a few weeks ago. :(

Also, my passes also came in the mail. Looks like Hosk and I were in the same wave.


I know; it's all good though. A few weeks ago I didn't know that Runners getting extra badges for the community was even a thing; Pika was the one who told me about it. It should have occurred to me earlier; kind of obvious really.

Lord Hosk wrote:
GOT THEM! Finally now I just have to get people to pay and get them in the mail.

its less than 2 weeks!


If any of your buyers fall through, I'll buy. Same goes for anyone who ends up with extras.


4 of my 6 passes have been paid for, I gave the people until sunday the 17th to pay, If there is still one available would you be interested? I would overnight the pass to you to make sure you get it on time.
Last edited by Lord Hosk on 12 Mar 2013, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!

Return to “General Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests