PAX East 2013 - 100% Complete

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

PAX East 2013 - 100% Complete

Postby Yaxley » 08 Oct 2012, 10:11

Is this earlier than usual? Anyway, registration is open. If you are going, get a pass while you can. I hear they tend to go quickly.
Last edited by Yaxley on 25 Mar 2013, 12:47, edited 6 times in total.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Re: PAX East 2013 Registration Open

Postby AlexanderDitto » 08 Oct 2012, 10:20

Get your pass now, people. Seriously. Do not wait. I repeat! DO NOT WAIT.

Hotels at the Westin are already sold out, because hotel registration went live last night. I snagged a double bed room at the Renaissance, which while not ideal is better than the alternative.

GO. GET BADGE NOW IF YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING.

I hope the LRR crew got a room at the Westin... or anywhere, really, otherwise they're going to be crashing on my floor. D:
MrPayneTrayne
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 08 Oct 2012, 11:32

Read stuff wrong and now I have to room stuff. x.x
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 08 Oct 2012, 11:55

I purchased 4 tickets and will need no more than 2 I figured someone or someones on here wont have the ability to buy tickets in the next 48 hours before the all sell out.

As things get a little closer if someone wants to go they still can just let me know. I wont be charging $250 each but it will probably be like 80-85ish for the three day.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 08 Oct 2012, 11:56

AlexanderDitto wrote:Get your pass now, people. Seriously. Do not wait. I repeat! DO NOT WAIT.

Hotels at the Westin are already sold out, because hotel registration went live last night. I snagged a double bed room at the Renaissance, which while not ideal is better than the alternative.

I hope the LRR crew got a room at the Westin... or anywhere, really, otherwise they're going to be cuddling with Lord Hosk on my floor. D:

FTW!
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
sasparilla
First Video: The Job

Postby sasparilla » 08 Oct 2012, 12:00

Passes and hotel booked!! :D All that's left is booking flights, but that's always the last and easiest piece of the puzzle for me.
tanatoes
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby tanatoes » 08 Oct 2012, 12:11

Have to check with the manager of my Local Game Store because he is getting badges for myself and my wife (we're vendors this year!) As with AlexanderDitto I was too slow to get a room in the Westin so got one of the last three rooms in the Renaissance. Need to book hotel rooms for 2014 as soon as the BCEC booking for the con is confirmed.
-------
Why can't Wii be friends? 0639 9148 4145 6376
sasparilla
First Video: The Job

Postby sasparilla » 08 Oct 2012, 12:21

Wow with the Westin out did we all just go for the Rennaissance then? I'm booked there too. :)
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 08 Oct 2012, 12:28

As you stumble out of the BCEC, exhausted from a day of PAX and an evening with LRR, the Renaissance is at least easy to find.
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 08 Oct 2012, 12:46

Something to consider when booking a hotel if they offer shuttle service and you think "GREAT! 6 miles away I save $40 a night!"

check when those shuttles run, a buddy of mine stayed at a place that had "free shuttles" that did first pick up at the hotel at 10AM and last pick up at the BCEC at 6:00Pm Which means he didn't get to the convention center until 1030ish and never made it because he had to be outside by like 530 to make the last bus.

[–]Graham_LRR
aeric90
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby aeric90 » 08 Oct 2012, 12:49

Oh crap! I need to get one! I need money!
Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 08 Oct 2012, 13:00

Got mine!
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Kyogissun
First Video: Three PS3's or one of the X ways to Y

Postby Kyogissun » 08 Oct 2012, 13:04

Registered.

Now I either need to book or find a group to attend with.

...Anyone passing through or nearby Rochester NY who could give me a ride? :D
Currently Playing: Skyrim (Dawnguard), Bunch of Shit on Steam (Blame the Summer Sale), Tales of Graces f
Waiting For: Kingdom Hearts 3D, Torchlight II

I attend (almost) every FNM at Millenium Games in Henrietta.

Steam: OhYouFoal
XBL GT: Kyogissun
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 08 Oct 2012, 13:31

I registered. But man... I'm really in a tough spot with all this. Got a hotel at the Seaport for Friday through Sunday and one at the Renassiance for Sunday night. It's mostly money that's the problem. The rooms are only for two people, which would make my final cost about $500 a piece. That's tough for me right now. Looking into a job right now, but no assumptions I can get it.

Oh well. If I pull it off it'll be worth the time and energy.

EDIT: Well... this sucks. I've learned my friend isn't likely going to be going, which means his friend won't go. which means I'm all alone to deal with the $900 in hotel rooms. That means that unless I find some room sharing or something I'm not going to be able to go. :(
MrPayneTrayne
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 08 Oct 2012, 16:50

I once again bring up the idea of room-sharing on the PAX forums or even on these forums Kapol.
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 08 Oct 2012, 18:00

Lord Hosk wrote:
AlexanderDitto wrote:Get your pass now, people. Seriously. Do not wait. I repeat! DO NOT WAIT.

I hope the LRR crew got a room at the Westin... or anywhere, really, otherwise they're going to be cuddling with Lord Hosk on my floor. D:

FTW!

Oh, I didn't know you were going again, Hosk. You mentioned last year that it was a bit too big and crowded for your tastes, so I didn't know if you'd be gracing our floors with your ridiculously tall presence. But my floor would be happy to have you!

Kapol wrote:I registered. But man... I'm really in a tough spot with all this. Got a hotel at the Seaport for Friday through Sunday and one at the Renassiance for Sunday night. It's mostly money that's the problem. The rooms are only for two people, which would make my final cost about $500 a piece. That's tough for me right now. Looking into a job right now, but no assumptions I can get it.

Oh well. If I pull it off it'll be worth the time and energy.

EDIT: Well... this sucks. I've learned my friend isn't likely going to be going, which means his friend won't go. which means I'm all alone to deal with the $900 in hotel rooms. That means that unless I find some room sharing or something I'm not going to be able to go. :(

Man, I really, REALLY doubt you'll have trouble filling your room. Tons of people are jonesing for room spots. I'd bet you'd be able to find people on this forum alone, and if not, there are always people looking on the PAX PA forums. In fact I might have some gym leaders from the PAX Pokemon League looking for places to stay. Finding roomates should really not be a problem.

aeric90 wrote:Oh crap! I need to get one! I need money!

YES. YOU DO. Get on that! Use a credit card or something! Borrow money from a friend! I don't know. But these are hot commodity items and they're going to go fast and if I don't get to see you in March I'm going to be very sad. Who will give clever answers at the blankety blank panel?!
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 08 Oct 2012, 18:56

AlexanderDitto wrote:
Lord Hosk wrote:

FTW!

Oh, I didn't know you were going again, Hosk. You mentioned last year that it was a bit too big and crowded for your tastes, so I didn't know if you'd be gracing our floors with your ridiculously tall presence. But my floor would be happy to have you!

It was too big and overwhelming but it was also fun, and I will have four things going for me that I didnt have last time.

1. Better meds
2. I have gotten a little better with blocking out crowds and just ignoring the presence of everyone outside of a 10 foot radius. Part of the problem I was having, as a new psychiatrist pointed out, I have never been comfortable in a crowd the army made me pay attention to everyone and everything around me. When you are hyper vigilant, suspicious of everyone and there are over 1000 people for your mind to try to track bad things happen. I can now narrow my focus to the point that I can ride the bus when there is only standing room.
3. I know to just avoid the show floor, avoid the main room, and probably avoid the gaming space but that might change because I can focus on the table.
4. My wife wants to go with me and she is my rock. I have a hotel a little ways away but I will probably looking to move in on someone else's reservation someplace better or try to figure out the transit lines. It most likely wont work to join in on your room unless its just you and one other because I dont know how comfortable my wife would be splitting a bed with any of you. Even though I cant think of many rooms she would be safer between, girls have cooties, my scarf is for boys, Homoman (nah) super queer (no) the RAINBOWLT! , and the teddy bear.

AlexanderDitto wrote:

YES. YOU DO. Get on that! Use a credit card or something! Borrow money from a friend! I don't know. But these are hot commodity items and they're going to go fast and if I don't get to see you in March I'm going to be very sad. Who will give clever answers at the blankety blank panel?!

the panel? Nah that wont happen ;)
I LOVE YOU GRAHAM AND KATHLEEN!

[–]Graham_LRR
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 08 Oct 2012, 20:53

MrPayneTrayne wrote:I once again bring up the idea of room-sharing on the PAX forums or even on these forums Kapol.

I wouldn't be against trying to do some room sharing on these forums. Given I know you lot better and therefore trust you more then random people on the PAX site, it could work. Either way that is the likely option I'll go with at this point.

AlexanderDitto wrote:Man, I really, REALLY doubt you'll have trouble filling your room. Tons of people are jonesing for room spots. I'd bet you'd be able to find people on this forum alone, and if not, there are always people looking on the PAX PA forums. In fact I might have some gym leaders from the PAX Pokemon League looking for places to stay. Finding roomates should really not be a problem.

The only problems I have with my rooms are:

-the rooms are for 2 people. I'd like to split rooms further, but I'm not sure how strict these hotels would be if they found out (Keep in mind this is my first PAX).
-I have a room in the Seaport most nights with only one bed and a rollaway (which isn't a big deal since I honestly don't mind sleeping on the floor but can be for some), but Sunday night we'd have to move to Renaissance (this one is two beds).

But yea, room-sharing currently looks like my best option. Either in looking for someone who has a room and doesn't mind another person or finding people to join me in my rooms. In any case I plan to work at getting to go this year. I want to be able to meet you all.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 08 Oct 2012, 21:02

Lord Hosk wrote:I have a hotel a little ways away but I will probably looking to move in on someone else's reservation someplace better or try to figure out the transit lines. It most likely wont work to join in on your room unless its just you and one other because I dont know how comfortable my wife would be splitting a bed with any of you. Even though I cant think of many rooms she would be safer between, girls have cooties, my scarf is for boys, Homoman (nah) super queer (no) the RAINBOWLT! , and the teddy bear.

Hmm... we could possibly work together depending on scheduel. As I mentioned, I'm currently all on my own in terms of the room. Getting away with three people shouldn't be hard, and we'd only need two keys if you and Lady Hosk stuck together (or we could fenagle another key somehow if not). You two could have a bed to yourselves both places, and I'm normally not too much of a hassle. :P

Just an idea, and given you've never actually met me (as opposed to other forumites) I'd understand if you would rather try with one of them.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 09 Oct 2012, 01:22

With a topic of "PAX Registration Now Open" I was really expecting the body of the top post to be: "Aaaaaaand it's closed."

See you all there!
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 09 Oct 2012, 04:54

Hey Graham when you talk to whatever amazing person gets you guys the longer panels, could you ask for the same for the extra Credits panel and have them not overlap?

Mr Portnow just has so many good things to say about the industry and grabs such great supporting panelists, His panels always seem to be:

question one?
super awesome answer, "Ok I think we have to move on for more we are running out of time."
Question two?
Super awesome ans "oh they are telling me we have to go"

[–]Graham_LRR
AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 09 Oct 2012, 05:26

Lord Hosk wrote:It was too big and overwhelming but it was also fun, and I will have four things going for me that I didnt have last time.

Glad to hear it, Hosk. It will be good to see you again.

And yeah, if your wife is coming, the floor of our room is probably not a good idea. While we may find someone to fill your spot, they will never fill your spot in our hearts.

OK that was sappy even for me. I am going to go throw up now.

Lord Hosk wrote:
AlexanderDitto wrote:

the panel? Nah that wont happen ;)
I LOVE YOU GRAHAM AND KATHLEEN!

Graham and Kathleen are the ONLY ones on that panel that ever give good answers. They're the only reason I attend. It's like most of these people haven't even obsessively watched the obscure 40-year-old game show the panel is based on! D:<

Frankly I think there needs to be a Match Game panel with six members of the LRR crew. Matt is the guy on the upper left that gets all the flak for his bad answers, Kathleen is the witty and charming Canadian Brett Somers in the center of the upper row, Graham is the hilarious, somewhat campy Charles Nelson Reilly on the upper right, Tally as the young naive starlet in the bottom left, James as the level-headed yet always trying to smooch everyone Richard Dawson, and Paul as (Fannie Flagg), the comedian in the bottom right.

And of course, I, in my charming blazers and ridiculous scarf, would host.

It would be... PERFECT. OoO

I really want this to be a video series now, a la Feed Dump, maybe done monthly or something. There could be PRIZES. The prizes could be HATS. Man that would be so amazing.

I am willing to relinquish hosting duties if this just gets made somehow.

---

On a side note, I really, really hope that they finally put LRR in the Friday Night Block, instead of the Saturday Night Block. I feel like it would up your audience numbers dramatically. Plus, then you'd finally get to see the Saturday Night concert, for the first time in forever years.
aeric90
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby aeric90 » 09 Oct 2012, 06:08

If I do manage to get a pass, do we want to try to make a LRR Rainbow Rumpus Party Town reunion room?
Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
AlexanderDitto

Postby AlexanderDitto » 09 Oct 2012, 06:11

aeric90 wrote:If I do manage to get a pass, do we want to try to make a LRR Rainbow Rumpus Party Town reunion room?

Well, currently all I've got is a floor spot open. Unless Fugi or Yax want to sleep on the floor. Floor sleepers do get a discounted rate! :B

In all honesty, last year, I found that sleeping on the floor alone was much more comfortable than sleeping on a bed with another person. Maybe that's just me. You're more than welcome to join!

---

Also, I am apparently Gene Rayburn.

Wikipedia wrote:Rayburn knitted socks as a publicity stunt during his time on Rayburn and Finch and later became avid in needlepoint, and filled the long plane rides from New York to Hollywood with his hobby. In 1974, Goodson made a surprise on-air appearance to congratulate the host on making the show #1 among daytime television programs and gave Rayburn a needlepoint bag as a gift.
Kapol

Re: PAX East 2013 Registration - 3 Day Passes Low!

Postby Kapol » 09 Oct 2012, 07:30

Apparently they're already low on passes. So yea, anyone intending to go should buy one quickly.

Return to “General Discussion”