PAX East 2013 - 100% Complete

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Re: PAX East 2013 - Will You Be Going?

Postby Lord Hosk » 19 Oct 2012, 14:42

I have a reservation at the Hyatt Harborside from Thursday to Sunday(5 minute bus ride from BCC) I have a open Double bed so room for two people. If demand is high I will open a floor spot which will drop the price.

$50 a night for 1/2 the bed, or $100 a night if you want to stretch out.

$150 if you dont mind sharing, $300 if you like your space.

The rate may go down, they have me on the "harbor view" which is more expensive but are going to try to switch me to "non view"
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 20 Oct 2012, 11:24

I'm glad that I had no plans on going, then, since I missed the opportunity.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Athatar
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Athatar » 04 Nov 2012, 14:04

Hey,

Found out a few days ago I am at a physics conference in Baltimore the week leading up to PAX East. I managed to grab day passes, woop. Means I have to drive up from Baltimore on the the Thursday and miss the last day of the confrence....I do hope my talk isn't on the day.....

Anywho, look forward to visiting the States again (was at PAX Prime last summer), would visit more offen but flights from the U.K. are so darn expensive. I am lookin at staying at the Youth Hostel 20ish min walk from the confrence center but if there is still floor space going.......

Also, if anyone lives between Baltimore and Boston and needs a lift I am willing to pick people up. Would make the 8 hour drive more interesting. Kyogissun, I would offer you a lift but it would add about 4 hours to my drive.....
psychopez
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby psychopez » 13 Nov 2012, 10:31

I'm going to be there again this year.

Not going to have a M:tG hat unless there's another card next year (And if LRR doesn't put in special anti-Hosk/anti-Pez flooding the market rules.)

Bringing a friend with me, it'll be his first PAX. LRR time might be limited because I'll be showing him around, but who knows, he does like Magic. You guys like Magic....
@mhasko
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 13 Nov 2012, 14:03

I dont know what will be better at this years PAX East, all the bumps they will be getting from me, or that they will all be custom sleeved. ;)
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 13 Nov 2012, 14:35

Lord Hosk wrote:I dont know what will be better at this years PAX East, all the bumps they will be getting from me, or that they will all be custom sleeved. ;)

Are you trying to make them hate you? You're trying to make them hate you, aren't you?

Bump in the Nights are now 35 cents each at Card Kingdom. I remember when they were a nickle. :roll:
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 13 Nov 2012, 19:37

I think it's a fairly safe bet that I'll be going now. I'm above the funds I was hoping to have at this point at least. Now I just need to decide for sure what I want to do about a room. Either try to find someone with a floor spot who's near the convention center, or look for people to share my room. Fun times.
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 13 Nov 2012, 19:48

AlexanderDitto wrote:
Lord Hosk wrote:I dont know what will be better at this years PAX East, all the bumps they will be getting from me, or that they will all be custom sleeved. ;)

Are you trying to make them hate you? You're trying to make them hate you, aren't you?

Bump in the Nights are now 35 cents each at Card Kingdom. I remember when they were a nickle. :roll:

Card Kingdom had them for .25 Old School Gaming in Toledo had 300 of them for .05 each and white lion games in Fort Worth had 400 ;) just saying

[–]Graham_LRR
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 13 Nov 2012, 19:50

Kapol wrote:I think it's a fairly safe bet that I'll be going now. I'm above the funds I was hoping to have at this point at least. Now I just need to decide for sure what I want to do about a room. Either try to find someone with a floor spot who's near the convention center, or look for people to share my room. Fun times.

We still have space, its at the airport but thats only a few minute ride away on the silver line bus.

Alternately where is your hotel, we might cancel ours and bunk with you.

[–]Graham_LRR
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 13 Nov 2012, 20:02

I have reservations at Seaport from Thursday to Sunday and on Sunday I have one at the Reniassance Boston Waterfront (the one not far from the convention center). Sadly all of the Seaport Sunday rooms were sold out very quickly.

The main problems are that the rooms are only for two people, and that you and Miss Hosk seem to be leaving on Sunday instead of Monday. I'm planning on going over anyways (at this point I pretty much have to), but it's something I feel is important to mention.
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 13 Nov 2012, 20:16

yeah we have to leave on sunday, we already have to skip work and school to come we cant miss monday too.

What is the current situation with your seaport nights?

The Seaport really isnt that far away its right around the corner from the renaissance.

[–]Graham_LRR
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 13 Nov 2012, 20:26

Yea, the two hotels aren't far away. But it's still going to be annoying having to get up and switch hotels. Can't be helped though. I'm just lucky I got a couple good ones as it is.

The Seaport is a one-bed two-person room coming up to $567 from Thursday to Sunday. It's likely worth mentioning I won't be able to get there until about 9:10 according to the train scheduel I've seen.
wartjr2373
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby wartjr2373 » 20 Nov 2012, 17:19

Hey, I suddenly decided that I'm going to PAX East and picked up daily passes on a whim. I'll be arriving in town on Thursday and leaving on Monday. Since it's not clear from the thread, I thought I'd ask. Does anyone have room in a room of theirs for one person? I can sleep on half a bed or a floor, wherever you have space.

Would be greatly appreciated. :)
Just call me Dylan. It's easier to pronounce.

MyNameIsIe
First Video: Phailhaüs - X?

Postby MyNameIsIe » 24 Nov 2012, 12:14

Having once more missed the opportunity to get a pass, I'll be hanging out around the hotel lobby like a nerdy nerdy call girl. Woo!
I sew things, I write things, I do laundry for people who do interpretive dances to Afternoon Delight.
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 24 Nov 2012, 12:44

are the one days sold out? I got a extra set of them that I can let you have at face value of $105.

I got extras cause I thought they would sell out faster, now I just hope I dont get stuck with them.

[–]Graham_LRR
wartjr2373
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby wartjr2373 » 24 Nov 2012, 13:05

The one days aren't sold out yet, but the Saturday passes are low.
Just call me Dylan. It's easier to pronounce.

MyNameIsIe
First Video: Phailhaüs - X?

Postby MyNameIsIe » 24 Nov 2012, 15:44

I'm gonna see what I can do. Right now I've spent all my money on... well... plaid. Once I get paid for making the plaid into victorian clothes, I'll see if I can get a one day pass- or let you know, Lord Hosk. That would be awesome. This is the bright side to living right in Boston!

Oh man. I'm excited.
I sew things, I write things, I do laundry for people who do interpretive dances to Afternoon Delight.
MrPayneTrayne
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 30 Nov 2012, 00:23

And Saturday is now sold out!
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 30 Nov 2012, 01:01

So anyone have any extra space from Thursday to Monday at this point, or need a room? I ask because I'm trying to get a feel what my plan will be at this point and that info is pretty important.
KiteNeravar
First Video: Assassin Creeds

Postby KiteNeravar » 30 Nov 2012, 07:34

Currently I am going Saturday, and just plan on driving in (I only live an hour or so out).
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 30 Nov 2012, 13:41

If I talked to you about a pass please check your PM, I want to get a confirmation from everyone. I have gotten several requests for my passes now that Saturday is sold out and I dont want to hang onto them if you have decided not to go.

[–]Graham_LRR
SixFootTurkey
First Video: PAX Prime '12 panel (recorded)

Postby SixFootTurkey » 03 Dec 2012, 19:43

I meant to check in here earlier, but then desert bus happened...

Anyone have space for one in their room for Thurs-Mon? Partial bed or floor is fine.
Last edited by SixFootTurkey on 08 Mar 2013, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 06 Dec 2012, 14:18

Sixfoot, I might. I still need to look into those details. As of now I have a room at the Seaport from Thursday to Sunday and a room at the Renossance on Sunday night and I need to split it with two people. But I've been waiting to hear from some people, either about sharing the room or bunking with someone else (I don't like the idea of having the cost of the room be on me and the consequences for having 1 too many people). (And yes I am paranoid enough to think they'd kick me out for one extra person).
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 06 Dec 2012, 14:28

Kapol wrote:(And yes I am paranoid enough to think they'd kick me out for one extra person).

If you are not a fool, the chance of this happening is virtually nil.

If they were to do this, they'd have to kick out half of their rooms.

Don't ask for twelve room keys. Don't ask for sixteen extra pillows. Don't make lots of noise in-room. If you are smart about it, it won't happen.
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 06 Dec 2012, 14:31

I have room for one more on 1/2 a bed but we are only staying thursday to sunday so you would have to find a sunday night crash.

[–]Graham_LRR

Return to “General Discussion”