What are you playing now?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
SamsonWest

Postby SamsonWest » 08 Oct 2006, 07:09

my friend josh pointed out last night Kenny was a human hunter
YamaroV2

Postby YamaroV2 » 09 Oct 2006, 12:59

I am also in agreeance that this is the best episode ever. However, everyone on WoW doesn't need to recreate it.

(I want cartman's "pwned" hammer smash. >>;)
No longer your barrel-rolling monkey.
Unimatsuriku

Postby Unimatsuriku » 09 Oct 2006, 16:02

This was an awesome eppisode, I also noticed Kenny was a human hunter, but I was taking a few minutes to work out wtf his class was supposed to be.
Jesus Saves, Cthulhu Eats, choose wisely - Bunny
Tank_girl

Postby Tank_girl » 11 Oct 2006, 16:18

BEST EPISODE!!!!!!!!
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 11 Oct 2006, 19:00

OKAY I know it's been requested several times, but god damnit I couldn't find the old WoW thread to go back and check up (I looked back 7 pages)
What server do poeple play on?
Char names?
Horde/Ally?
All that would be mucho appreciated, I think I'm going to go get a new game card on Friday. Thanks.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
SamsonWest

Postby SamsonWest » 11 Oct 2006, 19:17

I just started again saturday and couldn't find that thread either, but now

Phazz
Hyjal
16 rouge NE

Phazz
Dark Iron
44 Rouge Undead

yes, I am just that original
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 11 Oct 2006, 19:18

I wanna start a char on servers where I know some people (even if I dont actually know them. I'll jsut feel so lonely otherwise <3)
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 12 Oct 2006, 08:46

I've got a 60 alliance warlock named Lemuria on Twisting Nether. I've also got a level 15-or-so horde alt on Zuluhed (where these jerks play). I think his name is Shankdar, but I don't totally remember. It's been a while since I've played.

Speaking of 'rouge,' some of us up in the TN once started a guild by that name. We just ran around spamming the starting areas with "JOIN R GUILD ROUGE IT IS NOT JUST FOR ROUGES THO, OTHER CLASSES 2 BECUZ SUMTIMES ROUGES R HARD TO SEE." We also had a very good tabard, consisting of a purple heart on a pink background.

I'm kind of upset that none of our characters in the guild ever made it to a high enough level to reach contested areas, because I was looking forward to being camped all day, every day.
"Just another Sunday paddleboat ride on a man-made lake with another lady stranger; if I remain lost and die on a cross, at least i wasn't born in a manger."
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 12 Oct 2006, 22:35

Well I sorta wanna play a Shammy, those look hella fun. Just cause of Unbreakable..what a pimp
Brinson

Postby Brinson » 13 Oct 2006, 12:14

JesterJ. wrote:Well I sorta wanna play a Shammy, those look hella fun. Just cause of Unbreakable..what a pimp

And all it takes to be a pimp is Rank 13 gear, as well as Sulfuras. I mean, that's only like... 2 - 3 months of solid work if you're lucky!

The problem with people new to shamans, is trying to explain how drastically the game changes when you hit 60. I mean, from 1-59 Shamans are pretty unstoppable.
Post 60 - We're better off being battle healers in BG, throwing in shocks/melee-ing when we aren't healing. Elemental shamans are wrecking balls though.

But about five of us play on the Zuluhed server right now. It's an extremely dead server, which has it's pro's and con's. We're contemplating shifting over to a pvp west coast server (medium population) in January sometime. We have pretty much the iconic five man party (Rogue/Mage/Priest/Warrior/Hunter) so any class you want to roll is more than fine. I also have a 60 Shaman on this server, I play the Mage.
NecroVale
Card-Carrying Cool Person
First Video: Door to Door

Postby NecroVale » 13 Oct 2006, 17:33

Gamecube: Baten Kaitos.
PC: Neverwinter Nights, and Guild Wars. (WoW pushers, no smitting for this. If I had money I probably would play.)
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 13 Oct 2006, 17:38

Brinson wrote:
JesterJ. wrote:Well I sorta wanna play a Shammy, those look hella fun. Just cause of Unbreakable..what a pimp

And all it takes to be a pimp is Rank 13 gear, as well as Sulfuras. I mean, that's only like... 2 - 3 months of solid work if you're lucky!

The problem with people new to shamans, is trying to explain how drastically the game changes when you hit 60. I mean, from 1-59 Shamans are pretty unstoppable.
Post 60 - We're better off being battle healers in BG, throwing in shocks/melee-ing when we aren't healing. Elemental shamans are wrecking balls though.

But about five of us play on the Zuluhed server right now. It's an extremely dead server, which has it's pro's and con's. We're contemplating shifting over to a pvp west coast server (medium population) in January sometime. We have pretty much the iconic five man party (Rogue/Mage/Priest/Warrior/Hunter) so any class you want to roll is more than fine. I also have a 60 Shaman on this server, I play the Mage.

No Warlock? Strange, although I guess that's okay. I know that he's only so good because of his amazing gear, but it's still very cool. That's just something I'd want to do, I'd never want to go through all the work to become as good as Unbreakable is. Oh well.
Anyways, I'm not sure if I'll be donig it or not. And I wouldn't be sure what class to pick anyways, Hunters are okay, but I prefer Warlcok, but I don't want to level a Warlcok again (same with Rogue), Priest, eh, sounds fun, but my friend got bored of his at about 40 somethin. Mage, maybe, sounds fun, but I've heard its amazingly geardependant. Warrior has never particularly appealed to me. Druid, same. Shammy, briefly, but like you said Brinson that would be stupid because I don't want to invest that much time.
I'll probably just eeny-meeny-miny-mo it. I'll probably go with Mage since I haven't played it yet.
Brinson

Postby Brinson » 13 Oct 2006, 17:56

JesterJ. wrote:
Brinson wrote:

No Warlock? Strange, although I guess that's okay. I know that he's only so good because of his amazing gear, but it's still very cool. That's just something I'd want to do, I'd never want to go through all the work to become as good as Unbreakable is. Oh well.
Anyways, I'm not sure if I'll be donig it or not. And I wouldn't be sure what class to pick anyways, Hunters are okay, but I prefer Warlcok, but I don't want to level a Warlcok again (same with Rogue), Priest, eh, sounds fun, but my friend got bored of his at about 40 somethin. Mage, maybe, sounds fun, but I've heard its amazingly geardependant. Warrior has never particularly appealed to me. Druid, same. Shammy, briefly, but like you said Brinson that would be stupid because I don't want to invest that much time.
I'll probably just eeny-meeny-miny-mo it. I'll probably go with Mage since I haven't played it yet.

Mages aren't gear dependent at all. All you really need is +spell damage gear, then stam/int. In that order. It's not hard to put any of that together. I'm sitting on +220 Frost damage on my mage right now, and it was seriously easy to put together.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 13 Oct 2006, 18:04

well thats good.
Lol my friend beat a 49 rogue that had really good gear with his sisters 34 frost mage with shit gear.
I was laughin so hard.
So yes, it sounds like mage will be my choice. Just so I don't have to check it up (I'm lazy and havent palyed in months) what's the best race on ally for Mage? Horde?
Brinson

Postby Brinson » 14 Oct 2006, 02:16

JesterJ. wrote:well thats good.
Lol my friend beat a 49 rogue that had really good gear with his sisters 34 frost mage with shit gear.
I was laughin so hard.
So yes, it sounds like mage will be my choice. Just so I don't have to check it up (I'm lazy and havent palyed in months) what's the best race on ally for Mage? Horde?

A rogue can't beat a mage without blowing a few cooldowns. A frost mage especially. Even then it's a tough bet. Sounds like it was a pretty retarded Rogue though. There is no "best race" for any class, really. Undead are always nice for Will of the Forsaken. Trolls are allright for the Beserker racial. Aesthetically, Undead are better looking than Trolls.
RAIC
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby RAIC » 14 Oct 2006, 07:29

NecroVale wrote:PC: Neverwinter Nights, and Guild Wars.

Yaay Guild Wars! Wich one are you playing, the first one, GW: Factions or both? The new one is going to be awesome. The demo-weekend was really cool.
tak197 wrote:Guys! A Good Looking Ginger DUDE! We have the internet equivalent of a unicorn in our presence.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 14 Oct 2006, 16:57

Brinson wrote:
JesterJ. wrote:well thats good.
I was laughin so hard.

A rogue can't beat a mage without blowing a few cooldowns. A frost mage especially. Even then it's a tough bet. Sounds like it was a pretty retarded Rogue though. There is no "best race" for any class, really. Undead are always nice for Will of the Forsaken. Trolls are allright for the Beserker racial. Aesthetically, Undead are better looking than Trolls.

He had a helmet that does something like 500 damage as a fireball. And he used it. He had full cooldowns and everything.
I know it's hard to beat a good frost mage, they're so hard to hit, but damn. just five hits would have done it.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers

Postby Lord Chrusher » 15 Oct 2006, 01:30

I am back at playing morrowind since my computer is not quite up to oblivion.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Tensen01
Sketchasaurus Rex
First Video: Who Watches Movies?

Postby Tensen01 » 15 Oct 2006, 10:12

I'm trying to Play KOTOR II on my PC, but the damn thing keeps saying "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lor has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"

grrr... It might have something to do with it saying I needed a "Non generic Microsoft version of the OpenGL 1.3.0 driver" anyone know where I can get these? I meet al the other requirements.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 15 Oct 2006, 16:15

CS:Source all day, since I can't move.
RAIC
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby RAIC » 16 Oct 2006, 03:49

Continuing Oblivion again since yesterday...
tak197 wrote:Guys! A Good Looking Ginger DUDE! We have the internet equivalent of a unicorn in our presence.
SamsonWest

Postby SamsonWest » 16 Oct 2006, 04:57

probably a ton of DS in line today to preorder the Wii
basscomm

Postby basscomm » 16 Oct 2006, 14:45

I'll be finishing up original Baten Kaitos tonight and plan on starting the new Baten Kaitos immediately afterward.

You crit the English Language for 1337 damage.
English Language dies.
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Postby Kathleen » 16 Oct 2006, 22:31

Oh god Disgaea 2 -
Every item has a short description, and they are always funny - ex:

ABC Gum : Only one previous owner!
Father's Fist (a weapon): I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

But the best one ever has to be for the Wizard Cape - a fairly standard RPG equip, made so awesome by this description...

Wizard Cape: I put on my robe and wizard hat.

Ah, I love this game.
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
NecroVale
Card-Carrying Cool Person

Postby NecroVale » 16 Oct 2006, 23:03

RAIC wrote:
NecroVale wrote:PC: Neverwinter Nights, and Guild Wars.

Yaay Guild Wars! Wich one are you playing, the first one, GW: Factions or both? The new one is going to be awesome. The demo-weekend was really cool.

Right now, just the original. I'm planning on getting both Factions, and Nightfall, when it comes out, but it probably won't be till around Christmas...

Return to “General Discussion”