They Fight Crime!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
plummeting_sloth
First Video: three PS3s

They Fight Crime!

Postby plummeting_sloth » 14 Feb 2013, 07:07

Anyone looking for a some quick grist for some flash fiction or an improv game or just a story to tell yourself to while away the afternoon could do worse than to check out this "They fight Crime" generator

http://www.theyfightcrime.org/
He habitually wears an expression as if he had determined to drive his head through a brick wall, and was about to do it (Description of U.S. Grant)
Elomin Sha wrote:I love the smell of napalm'd sloths in the morning.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Re: They Fight Crime!

Postby Geoff_B » 14 Feb 2013, 07:42

Here's my description of one of the new Marvel comic series Fearless Defenders which reminds me of this:

She's a Viking demigoddess charged with ferrying the souls of the dead to Valhalla, and she's a streetwise tough talking bounty hunter with a cybernetic arm and an attitude!

(Valkyrie and Misty Knight in case you were wondering)

They fight crime! (or whoever it is they fight)
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Dave-O_Boy
First Video: Unskipable

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 14 Feb 2013, 09:57

He's a genetically engineered zombie matador gone bad. She's a cold-hearted Buddhist lawyer from a different time and place. They fight crime!

He's a leather-clad umbrella-wielding paramedic on the run. She's a provocative wisecracking femme fatale fleeing from a Satanic cult. They fight crime!

He's a globe-trotting coffee-fuelled sorceror trapped in a world he never made. She's a scantily clad cat-loving vampire from out of town. They fight crime!
~I'm probably not serious~
Oh and you can just call me Dave.
No need for the whole screen name.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 14 Feb 2013, 17:40

Man, this site is still up? Awesome.

I always felt it missed one word, though: It's "Together, they fight crime!" The word 'together' should be in there.

Ah well, here's mine:

"He's a Nobel prize-winning bohemian cop from the 'hood. She's a cold-hearted gold-digging Hell's Angel living homeless in New York's sewers. Together, they fight crime!"
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 14 Feb 2013, 20:27

Yeah, Jack - I agree with both points.

*wracks brain* Oooo, I used to have a handful of really good ones I'd grabbed off the site - had them copypasta'd into a text file...somewhere...spent most of the day digging and I can't find them. :(

Oh, well - let's see what new brilliance I can find with an undoubtedly larger 'word database'...

okay, took a few tries to get past ones that were just weird ("...French-Canadian <profession> from Mars..."?), but:

He's a scrappy drug-addicted waffle chef possessed of the uncanny powers of an insect. She's a sharp-shooting red-headed fairy princess living homeless in New York's sewers. Together, they fight crime!
Dubious_wolf
First Video: Mercenary Solutions 2

Postby Dubious_wolf » 14 Feb 2013, 22:48

He's an uncontrollable chivalrous astronaut searching for his wife's true killer. She's a man-hating mutant socialite from the wrong side of the tracks. They fight crime!

Yeeeees!
^( " )^
winner!
Psyclone
First Video: Christmas Carolling on Halloween

Postby Psyclone » 14 Feb 2013, 23:00

He's an oversexed sweet-toothed paramedic in a wheelchair. She's a pregnant communist doctor living on borrowed time. They fight crime!

He's a one-legged ninja shaman moving from town to town, helping folk in trouble. She's a scantily clad streetsmart widow with a flame-thrower. They fight crime!

He's a shy gay werewolf in a wheelchair. She's a green-fingered hypochondriac Valkyrie who dreams of becoming Elvis. They fight crime!

I swear I keep getting the disability ones. Also, one-legged ninja shaman.
They/them/their pronouns

twitch: armadillorampant
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 15 Feb 2013, 09:12

He's Dengler! He's Butts! Together, they're Dengler and Butts! They fight crime!
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Keab42

Postby Keab42 » 17 Feb 2013, 05:45

Guys I think we just found the next Twilight Franchise!!!!!

He's a maverick gay vampire hunter on the edge. She's a beautiful green-skinned fairy princess descended from a line of powerful witches. They fight crime!
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 17 Feb 2013, 06:56

Man, I love that site, always worth a chuckle or two.
Keab42 wrote:He's a maverick gay vampire hunter on the edge. She's a beautiful green-skinned fairy princess descended from a line of powerful witches. They fight crime!

Isn't that just the plot to Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters?
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

Drecon
First Video: Ransom

Postby Drecon » 17 Feb 2013, 07:32

RedNightmare wrote:Man, I love that site, always worth a chuckle or two.
Keab42 wrote:He's a maverick gay vampire hunter on the edge. She's a beautiful green-skinned fairy princess descended from a line of powerful witches. They fight crime!

Isn't that just the plot to Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters?

Or as I like to call it: Hawkeye and Gretel
"if it ain't shiny, rub it on your hiney"
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S
First Video: The Writers Room

Postby Smeghead » 18 Feb 2013, 05:56

He's an obese skateboarding sorceror who must take medication to keep him sane. She's a cosmopolitan cat-loving safe cracker with the soul of a mighty warrior. They fight crime!

He's an all-American voodoo shaman moving from town to town, helping folk in trouble. She's a manipulative out-of-work mechanic from beyond the grave They fight crime!

He's a short-sighted day-dreaming messiah from a doomed world. She's a time-travelling hip-hop fairy princess on the trail of a serial killer. They fight crime!

He's an underprivileged albino barbarian with acid for blood. She's a green-fingered extravagent cab driver with an MBA from Harvard. They fight crime!

And to top it all off; He's a witless native American vampire hunter moving from town to town, helping folk in trouble. She's a man-hating cat-loving vampire trying to make a difference in a man's world. They fight crime!

I could see the second one happening. the guy obviously used his voodoo powers to raise her from the dead and then she stuck around.
allonewordnospaces
First Video: The Basement

Postby allonewordnospaces » 25 Feb 2013, 03:12

"He's a world-famous albino Green Beret in a wheelchair. She's an orphaned belly-dancing politician with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!"

Sometimes I don't re-read my posts and I leave out.
Myrph
First Video: Frozen Assets

Postby Myrph » 25 Feb 2013, 04:49

One's the constitutional monarch of 16 sovereign states, Head of the Commonwealth and Defender of the Faith, the other is a a pink party pony with a penchant for pizazz. Together, they fight crime!

or, ya know, start a superhero team
Kayden
First Video: Bros clubbing bros

Postby Kayden » 25 Feb 2013, 05:19

He's a fast talking devious senator whom everyone believes is mad. She's a sarcastic snooty single mother who believes she is the reincarnation of an ancient Egyptian queen. They fight crime!

I'd watch that.

He's a time-tossed Jewish messiah who knows the secret of the alien invasion. She's an artistic Buddhist bodyguard operating on the wrong side of the law. They fight crime!

I want to know how that works.
Drinnik
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Drinnik » 26 Feb 2013, 04:11

"He's an oversexed guerilla stage actor who must take medication to keep him sane. She's a scantily clad hypochondriac snake charmer who dreams of becoming Elvis. They fight crime!"

I'd watch it.

"He's an oversexed white trash senator on a mission from God. She's a high-kicking winged lawyer who can talk to animals. They fight crime!" I call it Doolittle Bush.
dackwards d wrote:You'd think that anyone in the sciences would at least be open to experimentation.

Dubious_wolf
First Video: Mercenary Solutions 2

Postby Dubious_wolf » 26 Feb 2013, 09:41

Drinnik wrote:I'd watch it.

"He's an oversexed white trash senator on a mission from God."

This sounds like every southern politician EVER... T .T
^( " )^
winner!

Return to “General Discussion”