Gallon Smashing.

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Gallon Smashing.

Postby Sieg Reyu » 22 Feb 2013, 22:42

It is the fire that fuels my rage, the ember that ignites my eternal passion to watch assholes suffer, the very essence of why today's youth needs to die in a fire. As a grocery store employee, I have nothing but contempt for this, and I hope it ends quickly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCZNymDVJig
Image Image Image
Sieg Reyu

Re: Gallon Smashing.

Postby Sieg Reyu » 22 Feb 2013, 22:45

I should add that that video is not the original. I posted a copy so that the original creators don't get any ad rev. Huzzah.

The original has 600,000 views and 21,000 likes, with only 4,000 dislikes. Despicable.
Image Image Image
Kayden
First Video: Bros clubbing bros

Postby Kayden » 22 Feb 2013, 23:38

I want to do this now.
TheGhostOfZero
First Video: The Job

Postby TheGhostOfZero » 22 Feb 2013, 23:51

No you don't.
/fingergun
Zero

Geoff_B wrote:I wish to complain. That last picture is not Kittens, it's the son of Sauron!
Mister Fiend wrote:Does that mean I get to violence someone? Please say yes.
Kayden

Postby Kayden » 22 Feb 2013, 23:51

Pretty sure I do.
TheGhostOfZero

Postby TheGhostOfZero » 22 Feb 2013, 23:52

But it's a dick move, though. Wheaton's Law and all that.
/fingergun
Zero

Geoff_B wrote:I wish to complain. That last picture is not Kittens, it's the son of Sauron!
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 22 Feb 2013, 23:54

That certainly is a... thing that looks annoying for those working in stores.

While I "get" why it's funny to watch, there are so many more entertaining memes that cause a lot less problems.

Also, is it wrong that I'm also bugged by how poor the performance of that guy in the video is? If you're going to be an idiot, at least put a bit of effort into it.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Kayden

Postby Kayden » 22 Feb 2013, 23:55

Yea I have to agree the guy's acting was pretty crappy.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 23 Feb 2013, 02:13

OK, pointless? Yes. Dick move? Yes. Worthy of several thousand views on YouTube? Given YouTube's sense of humour, quite probably. Worth caring about? Maybe, maybe not, it's just one guy being a bit of a douche. Indicative of why the entire youth of today are all shit? Come on...
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
empath

Postby empath » 23 Feb 2013, 03:49

My pseudonym is Ix wrote:OK, pointless? Yes. Dick move? Yes. Worthy of several thousand views on YouTube? Given YouTube's sense of humour, quite probably. Worth caring about? Maybe, maybe not, it's just one guy being a bit of a douche. Indicative of why the entire youth of today are all shit? Come on...

"several thousand views on YouTube"? ...over one million views currently, two of which are regretfully mine.

I've skimmed the channel, and most of the 'pranks' seem to be relatively harmless stuff (unless they choose to prank someone that doesn't respond well; then they might be the recipients of an assault) but a handful verge on "public disturbance", and this an another 'fake falling' vid emulate an actual problem public spaces have - slip-and-fall accidents...and even slip-and-fall con artists.

The owner/proprietor/operator of something like a store or mall or even a train station takes someone getting injured on the premises VERY seriously, on the issues of legal liability.

To manufacture such a situation will arouse suspicion, and to reveal it's all just a prank - one that essentially 'cries wolf' - well, I haven't watched said videos all the way through (in an attempt to minimize the revenue to a clearly-monetized channel), and I hope the 'prank' doesn't take things too far, else these brothers are likely to end up dealing with public disturbance charges pressed against them...

Heck, in the prank that brought up this whole thing, there's the very real issue that all this spilled liquid on the floor could cause someone else to slip and hurt themselves, and DON'T say people are smarter than that; people need printed warnings not to spill hot coffee on themselves.

And, because anecdotal evidence is the BEST evidence: ;)
I remember a customer dropped a tub of olives in front a display case - a fair-sized puddle of oil was right in front of a popular case, so I'd gotten the attention of the janitor so he could get a mop and clean it up, and I stood in front of the spill to discourage anyone from stepping on the slippery patch of floor.

Despite standing only a foot from a chest-high display case, one self-centered twit in his own private world tried to rush past me BETWEEN me and the case; if I hadn't thrust my arm out in his path and stopped him, he'd have been an accident that likely would have knocked me over, too.

I would think that the stores 'hosting' the Khatibs' little professional performances (YT ad revenue, remember) are going to take a VERY dim view of this; best case scenario - asked to never return, worst case scenario - sued for not securing clearances for recording commercial video on the premises...
Drdiggit42
First Video: Bagel Time

Postby Drdiggit42 » 23 Feb 2013, 07:36

Yeah, this is awful. I hope they actually get hurt doing this. This kind of prank is a sign/symptom of what's wrong with today's youth. They may think this is harmless, but it really isn't. It's wasteful, it's annoying, and it's opening a whole can of legal worms they didn't even know existed. They have such a dangerous disconnect with acceptable behavior and prank channels like this are making it worse.

If this "meme" gets too big I expect to see lawsuits flying.
All problems can be solved by trebuchets and/or fire.

When you're a pessimist there are only good surprises.

Steam ID - DrDiggit42(Currently: Indignity: ■■■■■) Add me if you like.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 23 Feb 2013, 08:39

Yeah, that is one hell of a dick move on the part of those guys.
Apart from the annoyance of having to clean up after these jerks there's also the danger of actual patrons slipping in the mess left by these guys and getting hurt. If I was to ever witness someone doing this I'd have no moral quandary whatsoever to rat them out as doing it on purpose. (Although few dutch stores actually have anything in "gallon" containers like that. Most stuff would be in much smaller bottles)
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Wolfwood723
First Video: Poker Before Dusk

Postby Wolfwood723 » 23 Feb 2013, 09:37

What a giant dick bag. Not only do I work at a grocery store but I am maintenance, so this really pisses me off. Hell it also contributes to shrink and more shrink means less of a bonus for us. I hope this doesn't become wide spread.
ObiWan Canadian on twitch and XBL
Dubious_wolf
First Video: Mercenary Solutions 2

Postby Dubious_wolf » 23 Feb 2013, 10:48

Teenagers (any current company excluded) are evil little bastards. This is destructive dangerous and down right petty if I ever see this I'm going to haul the kid out and throw the little shit out of the store myself.
^( " )^
winner!
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 23 Feb 2013, 11:20

I... shall stay quiet
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
empath

Postby empath » 23 Feb 2013, 12:18

*shrug* Welcome to The Big Bad Adult World, where consequences loom behind every action. :(
TheGhostOfZero

Postby TheGhostOfZero » 23 Feb 2013, 12:37

They're not just tripping and falling, they're throwing 4 litre jugs of milk in the air, aimlessly, that could seriously do some damage to some heads and faces.
/fingergun
Zero

The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 23 Feb 2013, 12:49

You'll notice that it's all little white boys; the species of human that has the least concept of consequences.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 23 Feb 2013, 13:31

My pseudonym is Ix wrote:alskdjsklaksjd.....biblisdblkiclxjhib

Your anger seems to have broken the forums :roll:
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
My pseudonym is Ix

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 23 Feb 2013, 13:36

It doesn't like long words... that's not really anger, more a desire to say something but at the same time not to actually make a point. I don't like airing Views.
plummeting_sloth
First Video: three PS3s

Postby plummeting_sloth » 23 Feb 2013, 13:41

Man, this reminds me of this awesome prank I used to do... where I threw a glass bottle at someone on the street and ran away. It was SOOOOO funny and as far as I saw bolting down the road no one was really hurt so whats the problem?
He habitually wears an expression as if he had determined to drive his head through a brick wall, and was about to do it (Description of U.S. Grant)
Elomin Sha wrote:I love the smell of napalm'd sloths in the morning.
Drdiggit42
First Video: Bagel Time

Postby Drdiggit42 » 23 Feb 2013, 14:54

The Jester wrote:You'll notice that it's all suburban little white boys from middle-high income families; the species of human that has the least concept of consequences.

FTFY
All problems can be solved by trebuchets and/or fire.

When you're a pessimist there are only good surprises.

Steam ID - DrDiggit42(Currently: Indignity: ■■■■■) Add me if you like.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 23 Feb 2013, 15:00

Yeah, fair enough.

My observations have been that that holds true over all age and economic groups, though. Or rather, that straight white guys always start from a position of lowest consequence awareness.
TheGhostOfZero

Postby TheGhostOfZero » 23 Feb 2013, 15:22

Speaking as an upper-middle class white boy, I can say that the majority of upper-middle class white boys are dickheads.
/fingergun
Zero

Wolfwood723
First Video: Poker Before Dusk

Postby Wolfwood723 » 23 Feb 2013, 21:11

So I'm back at work after a three day weekend and second thing in the meeting, be on the lookout for teenagers smashing milk jugs. Already happened twice today before my shift. I love the internet for things like LRR but hate how it encourages this b.s.
ObiWan Canadian on twitch and XBL

Return to “General Discussion”