Strip Search's ultimate power to make Desert Bus 7 awesomer

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Re: Strip Search's ultimate power to make Desert Bus 7 aweso

Postby RedNightmare » 25 May 2013, 07:41

I would love to see some of the artists showing up at the Moonbase, hanging out and answering questions from the chat, that would be cool.
Also, just had an idea for auctions. Each artist makes a piece of art specifically for Desert Bus. These then get auctioned (1 or 2 of each) and then at the end there is a big lot with all 12 pieces. Could you imagine how much that would go for! :D
Of course, the artist would need to have the time to make these, I can imagine some of them being quite busy right now.
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

Lancer
First Video: Cash Cats

Postby Lancer » 26 May 2013, 11:39

A lot of them get busy from time to time, for instance Monica's currently super busy working on her first book, so it might be a bit of a stretch to have them all do it. Still, even having a few of them do something like that would be great.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 26 May 2013, 11:48

Idea; as well as the regular one-person 12-hour shifts, do one 'Artist shift' with each doing an hour (or whatever 12/howevermanycangetthere comes to). I dunno why I like that idea, I just always find that the person driving the bus tends to direct the vein of their shift, so doing each of them would be quite fun.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 26 May 2013, 13:54

Amy's in Seattle, so I can't imagine she wouldn't take the ferry up to visit the Moonbase, unless she's busy with a thing. Erika's in Portland, so it might be possible. Who else is in the pacific northwest? Mac's in Portland too....

Maki's in Brooklyn, Monica's outside Chicago, Abby's in Montreal, Tavis is in Arizona, Katie's in Burbank, California, Lexxy's in Indiana, Nick is in the Bay Area east of San Fran, and Ty's in Ohio.... so honestly unless they're heading out that way already, it's probably going to be touch for most of them to make it. Nick is next closest after Amy, Erika, and Mac. But all of them are pretty far from Victoria....
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 26 May 2013, 13:56

One other of them will be in Seattle cos of prize, but fair point. We can but hope
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 27 May 2013, 01:27

As far as I know quite a few of them are heading to Seattle. I know Alex is, once he finds a place and work there (He should still have time for that before Desert Bus).
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

MattAn
First Video: You're Kidding

Postby MattAn » 27 May 2013, 03:10

AlexanderDitto wrote:Amy's in Seattle, so I can't imagine she wouldn't take the ferry up to visit the Moonbase, unless she's busy with a thing. Erika's in Portland, so it might be possible. Who else is in the pacific northwest? Mac's in Portland too....

Maki's in Brooklyn, Monica's outside Chicago, Abby's in Montreal, Tavis is in Arizona, Katie's in Burbank, California, Lexxy's in Indiana, Nick is in the Bay Area east of San Fran, and Ty's in Ohio.... so honestly unless they're heading out that way already, it's probably going to be touch for most of them to make it. Nick is next closest after Amy, Erika, and Mac. But all of them are pretty far from Victoria....

Your lack of Alex in that entire post... Displeases me. Especially as you are also an Alex and you forgot an Alex. Y U DO DIS?

I say this because Alex Hobbs is best. Eliminations be damned, PA was doing it wrong. Unless eliminations have been conducted backwards and the winner is eliminated first? WHAT A TWIST? :D
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 27 May 2013, 18:14

MattAn wrote:Abby, in particular, immediately lost me with the stereotypical, stupid reality TV show trope of "I'm not here to make friends".
Yeah, that was a joke.
But okay.

Kool (and JackSlack, to an extent?), if you'd like to start a new thread for it, I'd be happy to hear you out on your Strip Search objections.
And I do think you've been rude Kool, considering the first I heard of your dislike for the show involved you talking about gouging your eyes out or something. But I'm more than prepared to keep things civil and hear you out, free of scarecrow pictures.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 27 May 2013, 18:25

For some reason, this is now the first thing I think of when I see the word scarecrow.

But yea, I don't think the artists will all be able to make it to DB. It would be awesome if they could mind you. But I just don't see it happening. Hopefully they can all call in. Maybe auction off a commission or something if they want.

Also, Ty is in Ohio? Now I must hunt him down... the game is on.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 27 May 2013, 18:30

I would love to see a couple of SS Artists do a 90-minute challenge live on camera.
I think it's totally feasible too.
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 27 May 2013, 18:38

Graham wrote:
MattAn wrote:Abby, in particular, immediately lost me with the stereotypical, stupid reality TV show trope of "I'm not here to make friends".
Yeah, that was a joke.
But okay.

Fair enough! I guess I've just been... Burned by reality/competition TV too many times. There's always terrible eliminations/bad decisions, and I generally dislike being involved in that drama. It's bad enough with the current Australian version of The Voice. Good lord, it's insane..
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 27 May 2013, 20:40

MattAn wrote:
AlexanderDitto wrote:Amy's in Seattle, so I can't imagine she wouldn't take the ferry up to visit the Moonbase, unless she's busy with a thing. Erika's in Portland, so it might be possible. Who else is in the pacific northwest? Mac's in Portland too....

Your lack of Alex in that entire post... Displeases me. Especially as you are also an Alex and you forgot an Alex. Y U DO DIS?

I say this because Alex Hobbs is best. Eliminations be damned, PA was doing it wrong. Unless eliminations have been conducted backwards and the winner is eliminated first? WHAT A TWIST? :D

Whoops! I forgot. Yeah, Alex seems like a total sweetheart. And my god, that hair! So majestic... T_T But he's in Arizona. So, it's gonna be tough. Though probably easier than Tavis since Tavis has a larva and all....

Graham wrote:I would love to see a couple of SS Artists do a 90-minute challenge live on camera.
I think it's totally feasible too.

Hopefully at least AmErika can visit! :D The dick-touching showdown we've all been waiting for! Wait no that came out wrong!

Oh and Graham I doubt you had time to slog through all 12 billion pages of this ridiculous thread, but as I noted on page 1, Zach Weiner, the guy who does Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, is a big fan of Strip Search, and he has a big audience. He'd make for a great call-in Desert Bus guest. He's also a super cool guy, I've hung out with him before. You should totes emails him.
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 27 May 2013, 20:48

I am a HUGE fan of Zach Weiner, and would also love to see him call in. He's more than just a webcartoonists. SMBC Theater is also very good.
Image Image Image
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 27 May 2013, 21:56

AlexanderDitto wrote:Whoops! I forgot. Yeah, Alex seems like a total sweetheart. And my god, that hair! So majestic... T_T But he's in Arizona. So, it's gonna be tough. Though probably easier than Tavis since Tavis has a larva and all....

You are instantly forgiven! :D I'unno, it wasn't the hair that made me think he's awesome (though you are right, it IS majestic..), I just found Alex the most entertaining and enthusiastic person there from the first episode.

But yeah.. I'm certainly not on King Kool levels of Strip Search hate, but I can't say I'm a fan. Totally respect everyone who happens to enjoy it and all, I absolutely respect the amount of editing work, etc that Graham and Kathleen (or was it Kate..?) put into it.. Not really a fan of judging art, because art is entirely subjective. Granted, public voting for contestants might be difficult (though plenty of shows seem to do public vote much better than on-show judge vote.. Helps to not cause claims of rigging, etc.. And I don't quite "trust" Mike or Jerry..
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 27 May 2013, 23:14

MattAn wrote:Helps to not cause claims of rigging, etc...

I don't understand what PA would possibly gain from putting this whole thing on, and rigging the result. There would be literally no point.
MattAn wrote:And I don't quite "trust" Mike or Jerry..
To do what, exactly?

My response probably seems confrontational, but I'm honestly very curious.
Okay, I'll have to start that thread.
Lancer

Postby Lancer » 29 May 2013, 23:09

Graham's dodging the questions about Zach Weiner, WEINERBUS 2013 CONFIRMED!

Also in all seriousness, thanks for saving the thread Graham. That went on long enough.
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 29 May 2013, 23:45

I think the 90 minute challenge has very real potential for Desert Bus. Especially if the 2 highest bidders were able to pick the two halves of the "garbage pail" topic, and were mailed the comics in the end.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 29 May 2013, 23:47

Alternatively, have it so the crew collects some ideas from the chat (which isn't easy, but would make chat feel more part of the goings-on I feel), and then put all of them in a hat/container and have the artists pull one each. That way it's still random.
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 29 May 2013, 23:56

Kapol wrote:Alternatively, have it so the crew collects some ideas from the chat (which isn't easy, but would make chat feel more part of the goings-on I feel), and then put all of them in a hat/container and have the artists pull one each. That way it's still random.

...Spin-off of Strip Search; Strip Bus... Search. In Desert. Name to be decided.

It's a competition, each day an artist is "eliminated" and must drive the bus in a wacky way. ...Work In Progress on that too, I guess. But the winner is crowned "Bus Artist"... And they make a Desert Bus poster? But then I don't know if I want Mike Lunsford "replaced" either. Two posters? o.O

Or forget the competition and all twelve artists collaborate together on a full-size poster. Like a mural.
Sieg Reyu

Postby Sieg Reyu » 30 May 2013, 00:16

After seeing the Amy and Erika on Feed Dump today, I think they would fit in quite well at Desert Bus. I look forward to seeing them there. Because they will be.
Image Image Image
MattAn

Postby MattAn » 30 May 2013, 00:39

Sieg Reyu wrote:After seeing the Amy and Erika on Feed Dump today, I think they would fit in quite well at Desert Bus. I look forward to seeing them there. Because they will be.

I've made it clear I'm not a fan of Strip Search, but I agree with you. I mean.. The whole "butt virginity" joke thing Erika has.. I'm not really into that side of humour THAT deeply? (loldeepbutts), but I do think they're funny. Credit where credit is due and all!
empath

Postby empath » 30 May 2013, 02:46

I like the idea of a colab-poster...if only I had money to bid on it in November...
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 30 May 2013, 10:30

Kapol wrote:Alternatively, have it so the crew collects some ideas from the chat (which isn't easy, but would make chat feel more part of the goings-on I feel), and then put all of them in a hat/container and have the artists pull one each. That way it's still random.

.... The sheer amount of flood posts from suggestions would be off the ridiculous scale. Chat needs to just accept that it's too crazy and big to be a big part of the going ons.

Besides, it would be a great donation drive. Who wouldn't want an artist to take their idea and create something with it? If I had all the monies I would stomp anyone monetarily for this!
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 30 May 2013, 12:18

$5 donation to submit an idea, then?
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Lancer

Postby Lancer » 30 May 2013, 12:50

Seems like a nice idea. Then again, rather than using chat, maybe they could just use the challenge system since that's randomized. Wipe the board there, tell people to submit Strip topics via the challenge system, and then just roll for a new batch to get some randomized ideas.

Return to “General Discussion”