Roasting Runners

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
nicholasmc1
First Video: The Job

Re: Roasting Runners

Postby nicholasmc1 » 02 Jul 2013, 17:15

Not sure if its been asked, when did you start playing music?
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 02 Jul 2013, 19:04

Seeing as how I'm homebound for tomorrow, I'll go :)
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 02 Jul 2013, 19:13

Ostrich, ocelot, or orca?
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 02 Jul 2013, 19:27

Are your friends/family in Calgary doing alright?

What's your favourite thing to photograph?

White, milk or dark chocolate?
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 02 Jul 2013, 19:28

I hate the ocean and I hate birds.

RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

One day, I will own 20!

Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 02 Jul 2013, 19:44

What is your current employment/vocation, I dont mean "what is your job title" but instead, what do you do?

Do you feel that the answer to the above is "just where you are", or is it "where you would like to be", right now?
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 02 Jul 2013, 19:47

What's the worst movie you've ever seen?
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 02 Jul 2013, 20:21

Lord Hosk wrote:What is your current employment/vocation, I dont mean "what is your job title" but instead, what do you do?

Do you feel that the answer to the above is "just where you are", or is it "where you would like to be", right now?

My current employment/vocation is running my own photography company. I was just published in a magazine for some Italian high fashion work I did and am happy about that. Currently I am focusing my efforts back onto boudoir and running a duel marketing campaign with a Lingerie company. It is proving to be quite fruitful and I am going back to what I love doing which is taking peekchurs of teh ladies. I started out by doing pin up and boudoir and I miss doing it. After I moved to a more conservative place, I focused on doing more conservative things like weddings, families, studio work etc, which is actually what I went to school for. I love doing those things too, albeit they are more stressful! With pin up/boudoir, I love making women feel beautiful no matter age, shape etc. There is a delicate and interesting process that happens from start to finish of a boudoir session. It's very light and feminine and often times ends in happy tears. These women don't see the subtle things that make them beautiful and are often battling body issues. To be able to present them with photographs of how they look through someone else's eyes is quite an alluring trade.

Past me thought this is where I would like to be, but present me feels like I am a terrible business person (I should have taken business courses) and would like someone else to take care of the networking, insurance, client paperwork, marketing etc. However if all works well with this Lingerie company, I might actually be on my way to having that happen.

Future-seeking me feels since every time I move countries with my business I lose my network, cliental, including all references and any shoot sites it's hard for me to imagine moving my business a 3rd time back home. It takes 3 - 5 years to establish yourself again. If I end up moving, plan 2.0 would be getting my horticultural degree and apply as a foreman for city work in Canada whilst running my business on the side.

Dreamer me feels what I would have truthfully loved to is become a paleontologist or a biologist -but my math skills will never be up to snuff. I say this with certainty since one of my parents is a math teacher :O

TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 02 Jul 2013, 20:49

King Kool wrote:What's the worst movie you've ever seen?

David Lynch... *shakes fist in air*

Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Postby Ptangmatik » 03 Jul 2013, 01:37

If your consciousness had to be uploaded into a sentient jar of jam, which flavour jam would you choose?

If you were on the run from a werewolf and you broke into an orchestra's storage room, would you use the instruments defensively (barricade/armour/hiding spot) or offensively (ranged or handheld weapon)? Which ones would you use?

If you had a waterslide is a grassy sloping field (essentially a quite long plastic sheet) and you had no nearby source of water to lubricate the sheet BUT you do have a bucket each of: raspberry jam (without pips), liquid washing machine detergent, banana ice cream, blue water-based emulsion paint, sunflower cooking oil and factor 10 sun cream. Which do you use on the slide?
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 03 Jul 2013, 04:54

Four questions, if you had unlimited funds and unlimited time but the restriction that said time and funds could only be used to travel to these 4 places.

What US landmark?
What Canadian City?
What European Country?
What Unrestricted location?
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
Ptangmatik

Postby Ptangmatik » 03 Jul 2013, 05:20

if someone surgically removed your arms and successfully attached your left arm to your right shoulder and right arm to your left shoulder, which would you find harder: getting dressed, eating, writing or typing?
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 03 Jul 2013, 13:31

Of course I spent a long time answering these, only to be logged out. *SIGH FACES* Let's try this again.

Ptangmatik wrote:If your consciousness had to be uploaded into a sentient jar of jam, which flavour jam would you choose?

I'd be a hot red pepper jelly. At first a little spicy and uncomfortable, but soon enough you find you enjoy me.

Ptangmatik wrote:If you were on the run from a werewolf and you broke into an orchestra's storage room, would you use the instruments defensively (barricade/armour/hiding spot) or offensively (ranged or handheld weapon)? Which ones would you use?

Offensively. I'm a scrapper at heart and the Irish inside of me quickly turns into bar room heroics when I feel threatened. Since I'm essentially dealing with a dog, I would use a high pitched instrument to distract and hurt it's ears. I'd use a sharp note on the flute or piccolo probably for that since I've played before, and then proceed to bash skulls with a brass. Maybe finish off by beheading via string off a string instrument.

Ptangmatik wrote:If you had a waterslide is a grassy sloping field (essentially a quite long plastic sheet) and you had no nearby source of water to lubricate the sheet BUT you do have a bucket each of: raspberry jam (without pips), liquid washing machine detergent, banana ice cream, blue water-based emulsion paint, sunflower cooking oil and factor 10 sun cream. Which do you use on the slide?

Have you ever played on a SlipN'Slide? They are awful. You think it's going to be fun sliding upon a grassy hill, until you slide your tailbone or sternum right into a hidden, sharp rock in the ground. However since you are making me choose, I would omit the jam and ice-cream because they are sticky and irritate skin when left on. The detergent and paint would not be used because those would irritate your skin almost immediately and are full of chemicals you can find in your local MSDS binder. The cooking oil and sunscreen would both be great for your skin, but I would choose the oil for the fact that is would do less environmental damage and for the WEEEEEEEEEE! factor.

TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 03 Jul 2013, 13:43

Lord Hosk wrote:Four questions, if you had unlimited funds and unlimited time but the restriction that said time and funds could only be used to travel to these 4 places.

What US landmark? Brooklyn Bridge, New York City.
What Canadian City? Calgary, Alberta
What European Country? Ireland
What Unrestricted location? Man, I almost want to say NYC because I feel like I can travel the world by being there. However, I really want to travel everywhere, always. Going to photograph Diwali in India is on my bucket list. But I would also love to do an EU train tour.

TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 03 Jul 2013, 13:44

Ptangmatik wrote:if someone surgically removed your arms and successfully attached your left arm to your right shoulder and right arm to your left shoulder, which would you find harder: getting dressed, eating, writing or typing?

Massssterbating? But for real, getting dressed. I already have issues with that.

Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 04 Jul 2013, 01:07

If you could give your husband one super power what would it be?

[–]Graham_LRR
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 04 Jul 2013, 02:27

How's your day going? Your week? What's the worst anyone's ever mispronounced your name? What's your middle name?
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 04 Jul 2013, 08:35

If you were a tree, what tree would you be?

Why didn't Tarzan have a beard?
Nothing to see here.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 04 Jul 2013, 08:50

What's the gluten-ous (ha!) food you miss the most?
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 04 Jul 2013, 09:05

Is there any one book/movie/game/other media that you can go back to constantly and always enjoy?

Is there one that you wish you could enjoy endlessly, but can't?
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Ptangmatik

Postby Ptangmatik » 04 Jul 2013, 11:03

Which is your favourite leg?

How many fingers am I holding up?
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 04 Jul 2013, 14:33

Tapir12 wrote:Are your friends/family in Calgary doing alright?

What's your favourite thing to photograph?

White, milk or dark chocolate?

My family is fine, but several of my friends have lost their homes and personal belongings. Seeing the photos of their devastating circumstances and knowing I can't help sucks.

My favourite thing to photograph is probably cats. Because I'm that person. But it changes. Events that are well put together with happy people rock.

Ermahgerd dark chocolate all the way!

TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 04 Jul 2013, 21:10

Lord Hosk wrote:If you could give your husband one super power what would it be?

Complete invincibility. Because I want nothing bad to happen to him, ever.

TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 04 Jul 2013, 21:20

Fayili wrote:How's your day going? Your week? What's the worst anyone's ever mispronounced your name? What's your middle name?

My day is happy. I am extremely tired after a fun filled Fourth of July with my American family and friends. Got to eat BBQ, light fireworks up and play Hero Quest all night. I ate too fast and too much, which I assume is an American tradition so I will roll onto couch-bed and proceed to watch Super Natural until I fall asleep.

My week is going fairly decent. Had a minor surgery which went well as far as I can tell, so it's been slow just resting and healing up. A little bothered that I didn't realize it would take a few weeks to heal, and now my super amazing awesome work out extravaganza is being put on hold again. But life could be much worse and I am blessed that me and my loved ones are happy and healthy.

People have extremely creative ways to pronounce my name. I got Seabiscuit and Soybean over the past few weeks. My middle name is equally Irish, and equally as likely to be pronounced wrong. ;) Before getting married I had a solid Irish name through and through.

Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 04 Jul 2013, 21:26

Off-topic: a friend of mine is a teacher and once a student high-fived her for knowing how to pronounce "Siobhan" right off the bat.

On-topic: what's a skill or talent you have that we'd be surprised to hear about?

Return to “General Discussion”