Where did you hear about LRR?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
CheeseGrater

Postby CheeseGrater » 20 Sep 2006, 17:47

Just like some of the people here, I found the link on Kei-Kon 2's website. I followed it, watched "How To Impress Women," and have been recruiting people ever since.

:)
AlpacaBurgers
Location: Out East. Way Out East. Think New Scotland in Latin sans haggis

Postby AlpacaBurgers » 20 Sep 2006, 18:56

A friend from around where I am told me about it and showed me a couple of videos, which had high hilarity content. I then promptly forgot to attend the site for six months, then went to it on a lark, watched the first rapidfire video, and proceeded to view roughly 80% of the site's video content within the next 3 days.
Really, can you imagine how hairy an alpaca burger would be? It's so hairy that it would make Chewbacca go "wow, that's really hairy." It would be so hairy that it would make Sean Connery look like a metrosexual.
Dana

Postby Dana » 20 Sep 2006, 19:00

Stephen_S wrote:I heard about the site indirectly from Dave Barry (the writer). I subscribe to his blog and he had two links: One to the official Talk like a Pirate site and one to the video on this site (How to Talk Like a Pirate). I loved the video and went to investigate the site.

The rest, as they say, is history.

What? Really? Damn. Dave Barry is hilarious.
"I swear it," said the other mother. "I swear it on my own mother's grave."

"Does she have a grave?" asked Coraline.

"Oh yes," said the other mother. "I put her in there myself. And when I found her trying to crawl out, I put her back."
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 20 Sep 2006, 20:00

AlpacaBurgers wrote:80% of the site's video content within the next 3 days.

Pshh. It only took me one night to watch 100% of what I could on the site.
And another day to see that they had forums
:D
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
aimes

Postby aimes » 20 Sep 2006, 22:50

My best friend had a penpal in victoria, who got a ride to comox (for a visit) with this ryan fellow, who i proceeded to teach the art of knitting to, then he eventually introduced me to lrr via msn messenger. it was pretty darn neat.
(and we made awesome sculpy men at his house)
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 21 Sep 2006, 16:06

Pharyngula's PZ Myers found the "Talk like a Pirate" video on a linguistics blog, linked to a YouTube hosting, and posted the preceding on his own blog. I watched and typed in the originating address when it was over.
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
Dana

Postby Dana » 21 Sep 2006, 20:14

A linguistics blog? Kick ass!
"I swear it," said the other mother. "I swear it on my own mother's grave."

"Does she have a grave?" asked Coraline.

"Oh yes," said the other mother. "I put her in there myself. And when I found her trying to crawl out, I put her back."
AlpacaBurgers
Location: Out East. Way Out East. Think New Scotland in Latin sans haggis

Postby AlpacaBurgers » 23 Sep 2006, 10:36

JesterJ. wrote:
AlpacaBurgers wrote:80% of the site's video content within the next 3 days.

Pshh. It only took me one night to watch 100% of what I could on the site.
And another day to see that they had forums
:D

Many kudos.

Unfortunately, I'm kinda busy between school, working on grade 8 RCM piano, grade 2 RCM theory, a percussion ensemble, and working on my percussion to make sure university autiditions go well. Plus an art portfolio. -_-
Really, can you imagine how hairy an alpaca burger would be? It's so hairy that it would make Chewbacca go "wow, that's really hairy." It would be so hairy that it would make Sean Connery look like a metrosexual.

Return to “General Discussion”