A picture is worth a thousand-word answer.

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
User avatar
Wraith
Posts: 2882
Joined: 23 Jun 2006, 01:49
First Video: Canadian Approval Board
Location: Fredericksburg, VA. USA
Contact:

A picture is worth a thousand-word answer.

Postby Wraith » 15 Jul 2013, 11:48

In this thread, you may say whatever you wish. You may post a thought, a question, an observation; whatever.

HOWEVER, before you say a single word, you must find a picture (please keep it small to medium size so that the size of each page doesn't get TOO overwhelming) that responds to the previous post (please quote said post before the picture.



Starting thought: after a woman told me she didn't know if she used our web mail service or Outlook desktop, I asked her what the very first thing she does when she checks her email. She said "gosh, I don't know. I'm not really a computer person." Come on. You do this every single day. I know you do, because you ask me question about it constantly. How do you "not know" what you do when you check your email? How is this complicated to people?
-Wraith
User avatar
General Michi
Posts: 1875
Joined: 26 Sep 2010, 02:37
First Video: 3 PS3s
Location: Dublin

Re: A picture is worth a thousand-word answer.

Postby General Michi » 15 Jul 2013, 12:05

Image

I think this is a really cool idea. As long as larger pictures are in collapse tags then we shouldn't need to limit it to small pictures.

I'm having trouble writing lyrics again, as any songwriter does. To get inspiration I read over my journal, as the song is about being an introvert. Funny thing is as I was reading it it seemed like it was someone else's history, like I wasn't the one that wrote it. It was weird.
We put the brick on the accelerator.

Image Image

Twitter Steam Tumblblar
User avatar
empath
Posts: 13530
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 17:20
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate
Location: back in the arse end of nowhere

Re: A picture is worth a thousand-word answer.

Postby empath » 15 Jul 2013, 12:30

I'm having trouble writing lyrics again, as any songwriter does. To get inspiration I read over my journal, as the song is about being an introvert. Funny thing is as I was reading it it seemed like it was someone else's history, like I wasn't the one that wrote it. It was weird.

Image


I don't know what to do; not for lack of choice, but - indeed - because of an excess of options; I guess I'm suffering from 'operational paralysis'; I can't decide because too many of the options appeal greatly (and equally), so I keep finding I don't choose.
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
JackSlack
Posts: 4572
Joined: 15 Oct 2010, 19:46
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: A picture is worth a thousand-word answer.

Postby JackSlack » 15 Jul 2013, 12:38

Image

I'm on holidays! HAHAHAHA. OK now I have no clue what to do. Answers, guys?
User avatar
ElFuzzy
Posts: 2124
Joined: 09 Mar 2013, 07:12
First Video: Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Location: The Fields of Justice

Re: A picture is worth a thousand-word answer.

Postby ElFuzzy » 15 Jul 2013, 12:50

Image

Should I get the Epic Udyr skin when it's released?
User avatar
Sieg Reyu
Posts: 2925
Joined: 16 Oct 2006, 12:24
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate
Location: State of Confusion
Contact:

Re: A picture is worth a thousand-word answer.

Postby Sieg Reyu » 15 Jul 2013, 21:10

Image
EDIT: The image speaks for itself even without the text. I'd use the original if I could find it.

You know that feeling you get, when you start talking to a girl online, and you both hit it off really well and quickly come to like each other, despite the fact that you're hundreds of miles apart and she possesses none of the physical qualities you are normally attracted to? I like that feeling.
Image Image Image
User avatar
Merrymaker_Mortalis
Posts: 7223
Joined: 24 Feb 2010, 19:19
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist
Location: Wales

Re: A picture is worth a thousand-word answer.

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 16 Jul 2013, 05:59

Image

Why do people park on the pavement?
User avatar
nicholasmc1
Posts: 2745
Joined: 22 Apr 2010, 01:20
First Video: The Job
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: A picture is worth a thousand-word answer.

Postby nicholasmc1 » 16 Jul 2013, 19:12

ImageBecause I do what I want. Speaking of which I'm at work all day today with just my laptop and my phone internet, main pc here is down SO I DON'T HAVE TO(or get to....I'm bored)DO ANYTHING.
User avatar
Tally
Posts: 1063
Joined: 07 Dec 2008, 02:07
First Video: 1337 rap
Location: Victoria BC
Contact:

Re: A picture is worth a thousand-word answer.

Postby Tally » 17 Jul 2013, 10:23

Image

Squeeeee at your elephant photo!!!

I am fighting the delightful despair of having too many cool projects to do all at once. And preparing to spend Saturday hosting a party wherein I shall make something like 60 crepes over the course of the day. Wheee! :D
Image
User avatar
Fezzul
Posts: 2550
Joined: 10 Aug 2011, 06:45
First Video: Toothy Smile
Location: New York

Re: A picture is worth a thousand-word answer.

Postby Fezzul » 17 Jul 2013, 22:34

Image

I get home from rehearsals at midnight and can't get to sleep till two. This fits my preferred sleep cycle perfectly, but come some time in August and I will need to do real person hours again. Ugh.
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
User avatar
empath
Posts: 13530
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 17:20
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate
Location: back in the arse end of nowhere

Re: A picture is worth a thousand-word answer.

Postby empath » 18 Jul 2013, 08:44

Fezzul wrote:I get home from rehearsals at midnight and can't get to sleep till two. This fits my preferred sleep cycle perfectly, but come some time in August and I will need to do real person hours again. Ugh.

Image



*ahem*
OP wrote:In this thread, you may say whatever you wish. You may post a thought, a question, an observation; whatever.

HOWEVER, before you say a single word, you must find a picture (please keep it small to medium size so that the size of each page doesn't get TOO overwhelming) that responds to the previous post (please quote said post before the picture).

Image ;)


My thought: Just got back from running errands on a rainy day - could afford to take cabs to keep from getting soaked, dropped off everything & got what we needed, and then had a fantastic and filling lunch at a local 'diner'. Now am home after getting things accomplished, and am full and toasty warm and get to relax in my dry, warm 'hobbit hole' for the rest of the day. :)
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
King Kool
Quality and Quantity
Posts: 5981
Joined: 28 Jan 2008, 19:22
Location: Rhode Island
Contact:

Re: A picture is worth a thousand-word answer.

Postby King Kool » 19 Jul 2013, 20:40

empath wrote:Now am home after getting things accomplished, and am full and toasty warm and get to relax in my dry, warm 'hobbit hole' for the rest of the day. :)


Image

So, someone came into work and said, "Hey did you go to [[my high school]]? I remember you."

I try to remember her. "Did we have an art class together?"

"No, gym."

No bells rings.

"Did we have a TYPING class together?"

"Yes!"

Oh, great. Her. This is the girl who I helped a few times in typing class, and then, when one of the football players suggested we go to the prom together, she said something to the order of, "No way, I'm not going with that thing." (I forget what she said, but she did call me a "thing." That much is clear in my memory.)

There are few people whom I'd rather run into less than this one, but fine. Whatever. I'm at work. I make the Stall To Kill Time conversation, talking about how, when I was in school, people remember me more clearly because I'm an identical twin (one of only two sets in the school, I think). I tend not to remember people unless I was friendly with them or they pissed me off.

She says, "Well, yeah, back then, you were much skinnier."

It's nice to see that whatever maturity I've cultivated in the last twelve years has apparently eluded her, soaring high out of her reach like a Canadian goose.
Image
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
User avatar
TheGhostOfZero
Posts: 679
Joined: 05 Dec 2012, 17:17
First Video: The Job
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: A picture is worth a thousand-word answer.

Postby TheGhostOfZero » 19 Jul 2013, 20:47

King Kool wrote:It's nice to see that whatever maturity I've cultivated in the last twelve years has apparently eluded her, soaring high out of her reach like a Canadian goose.

Image

I friend of mine, who's like a sister to me, is came down from NSW for the weekend to visit her boyfriend (for a milestone of one whole month of dating). She's visiting all of her friends (all of whom she met through her boyfriend) here except me.
She's only known these people for a month.
/fingergun
Zero

Geoff_B wrote:I wish to complain. That last picture is not Kittens, it's the son of Sauron!
Mister Fiend wrote:Does that mean I get to violence someone? Please say yes.
User avatar
ocelotteranian
Posts: 146
Joined: 07 Jun 2013, 11:38
First Video: Omnilingual
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: A picture is worth a thousand-word answer.

Postby ocelotteranian » 25 Jul 2013, 22:11

TheGhostOfZero wrote:I friend of mine, who's like a sister to me, is came down from NSW for the weekend to visit her boyfriend (for a milestone of one whole month of dating). She's visiting all of her friends (all of whom she met through her boyfriend) here except me.
She's only known these people for a month.


Image

Today, my greatest accomplishment was watching an entire disc of the Friends DVD box set in one evening. I'm supposed to be writing a novel and preparing for my senior history thesis. I don't think either of those goals is going very well.
User avatar
empath
Posts: 13530
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 17:20
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate
Location: back in the arse end of nowhere

Re: A picture is worth a thousand-word answer.

Postby empath » 26 Jul 2013, 02:56

ocelotteranian wrote:Today, my greatest accomplishment was watching an entire disc of the Friends DVD box set in one evening. I'm supposed to be writing a novel and preparing for my senior history thesis. I don't think either of those goals is going very well.

Image
(not quite, but you gotta agree - it captures the sentiment)



I'm tired, I'm a little queasy, my skin is damp seconds after I wipe myself off, it's already got a humidex of 29 degrees at 8am, and I have the prospect of working seven hours surrounded by ovens and fryers to look forward to.

Someone wanna keep the local ambulance service on speed dial? (faster than going through 911)
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Trisha Lynn
Posts: 515
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 04:30
First Video: Can't remember
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Contact:

Re: A picture is worth a thousand-word answer.

Postby Trisha Lynn » 27 Jul 2013, 12:10

empath wrote:I'm tired, I'm a little queasy, my skin is damp seconds after I wipe myself off, it's already got a humidex of 29 degrees at 8am, and I have the prospect of working seven hours surrounded by ovens and fryers to look forward to.


Image

This weekend, I'd hoped to get a lot of work done on my new LLC and business venture. Alas, my husband is studying for the bar exam which takes place next week and I have to be ready at a moment's notice to help him with his flash cards. The things you do for love.
Publisher/Editor, GeekingOutAbout.com
http://www.geekingoutabout.com
On Twitter: @trishalynn
On Twitch and the LRRCraft server: cattleprodlynn
User avatar
Fezzul
Posts: 2550
Joined: 10 Aug 2011, 06:45
First Video: Toothy Smile
Location: New York

Re: A picture is worth a thousand-word answer.

Postby Fezzul » 27 Jul 2013, 12:46

Trisha Lynn wrote:This weekend, I'd hoped to get a lot of work done on my new LLC and business venture. Alas, my husband is studying for the bar exam which takes place next week and I have to be ready at a moment's notice to help him with his flash cards. The things you do for love.


Image

I just want to be Woody Allen. And I'm not.
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
User avatar
korvys
Posts: 2112
Joined: 29 Apr 2013, 14:48
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars
Location: Gold Coast, Australia

Re: A picture is worth a thousand-word answer.

Postby korvys » 05 Aug 2013, 20:41

Fezzul wrote:I just want to be Woody Allen. And I'm not.
Image

I'm concerned that we are trading our privacy for convenience, and have no idea how that's going to cost us in the future, but convenience is just so damn convenient.
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
User avatar
Merrymaker_Mortalis
Posts: 7223
Joined: 24 Feb 2010, 19:19
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist
Location: Wales

Re: A picture is worth a thousand-word answer.

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 06 Aug 2013, 01:55

korvys wrote:I'm concerned that we are trading our privacy for convenience, and have no idea how that's going to cost us in the future, but convenience is just so damn convenient.


Image

What time is it?
It's 3:30.
How do you know?
I've got it written on a piece of paper.
How did you get it?
I asked a man the time, and he kindly wrote it down for me.

Return to “General Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests