Welcome to Night Vale

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Re: Welcome to Night Vale

Postby JustAName » 02 Oct 2013, 12:45

Yuppppp. The most exaggerated frown on my face at the end of the episode.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Timelady
First Video: Deeply Religious

Postby Timelady » 02 Oct 2013, 12:57

Picture the 10th Doctor when the Titanic crashed into his ship. That was my face.

So what do you think will happen? It seems like things have been really leading up for the last several episodes to plotty stuff. Dana's mountain that becomes a mirage in Night Vale and then disappears again. The Man in the Tan Jacket in conjunction with the angels. And Dana. The angels' disappearance. Old Woman Josie being the...heart of the town? If she goes, it all goes, she says. AND, OF COURSE, STREX CORP. OMG.
AmazingPjotrMan wrote:Bacon is not a chronological entity.
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 02 Oct 2013, 15:26

ARGH PLOT IS HAPPENING AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO COPE
Juliamon
First Video: I... think it was Who Watches Movies?

Postby Juliamon » 09 Oct 2013, 14:58

I need to jabber about the live show now guys.

I can now say with absolute certainty that if you can get to a live show, you should totally make an effort to go. It's a lot of fun, Cecil is very expressive and enthusiastic and he clearly loves having a visible audience, and it's adorable watching him try hard not to laugh when someone else is reading a part. The script for the live shows is great, though it changes depending on who else they have around (at the SF live show they had Mara Wilson, but the one I went to had Jasika Nicole). I think they're considering turning it into a future episode, so it'll be interesting to see how they handle those parts (ie. if they keep Jasika's part, that implies Dana is going to continue wandering for some time yet). There are no references to the events at the end of Yellow Helicopters, so either that would need to be resolved first or they have a lot of rewriting to do. (They do have time to resolve it though, as the live show definitely seems to take place a reasonable amount of time in the future... unless it's normal for couples to think about making a home together after a little over a month of dating? I wouldn't know.)

Oh, and while the fandom doesn't have the best reputation online, the people who attended the live show at the Largo were not representative of that. A group of early birds even hunted down an actual Rico's Pizzeria beforehand and bought some pizzas for everyone else waiting in line to snack on!
brb, assaulting children.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 09 Oct 2013, 15:31

Bluh I wanted to go to the LA Podfest one but I hadn't gotten my flatmates caught up, and I don't drive.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Timelady
First Video: Deeply Religious

Postby Timelady » 17 Oct 2013, 07:26

Oh, wow, Juliamon! You lucky person, you. :D That must have been amazing.

The fandom doesn't have the the best reputation? I didn't know that; haven't exactly been hanging around it outside this thread. How come?

AND. OMG. BACKSTORYYYYYY.
AmazingPjotrMan wrote:Bacon is not a chronological entity.
Juliamon
First Video: I... think it was Who Watches Movies?

Postby Juliamon » 17 Oct 2013, 19:39

Timelady wrote:Oh, wow, Juliamon! You lucky person, you. :D That must have been amazing.

The fandom doesn't have the the best reputation? I didn't know that; haven't exactly been hanging around it outside this thread. How come?

AND. OMG. BACKSTORYYYYYY.

It's mostly the Tumblr fandom, but they're doing a really good job of becoming Bronies 2.0. There are some places where you WILL get death threats if you so much as suggest that you think Carlos is any lighter shade of brown than dark chocolate, and heaven forbid you don't think of Cecil as a POC (preferably Native American) or at least one of them as a FTM (usually Carlos). And of course there's the gay guys yelling that all the female fans doing Cecilos crossplay and making out for Tumblr are be offensive to actual gay men, people who STILL think cosplaying as the Apache Tracker is a good idea... the list goes on. It's a pretty ugly scene BEFORE you get to the part where every slightly-non-sequitur post is followed by "And now, the weather" comments, every love song/song about people being monsters/The Scientist by Coldplay being hijacked with "THIS IS SO CECIL/CARLOS" and every photo of someone playing with their dog at a dog park... well, you know. Spilling their excitement all over everything that comes near, to the chagrin of everyone else who just doesn't care. There's a lot of hype backlash from it.

The annoying latter part is the people you'll meet at a live show, but it won't be so annoying because they're being fannish in an appropriate place (as long as they don't invade an Arby's afterward).

AS FOR THE NEW EPISODE: two segments in it are from the live shows, so I guess they're not intending to use the live shows as one standalone episode. I like this, it gives them a way to use all the unique-to-each-show segments, and then give the "Condos" episode-spanning plot new segments if/when they actually make it an episode.

Anyone else think Strex planted those cassettes? I love all the delicious backstory we got from them, but at the same time, they raise so many questions...
brb, assaulting children.
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 18 Oct 2013, 01:07

I will be shocked if Kevin is not Cecil's brother.

Return to “General Discussion”