Penny Arcade and 'The Mike Problem'

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Re: Penny Arcade and 'The Mike Problem'

Postby Duckay » 15 Oct 2013, 18:45

Lord Hosk wrote:I focused on the women being creators as a counter point to her focus on men being the problem because of what men focus on.

Then... why did you say:
Lord Hosk wrote:
Duckay wrote:Essentially, your problem is that you think she is deliberately fixating on men as the problem?

No, thats not my problem at all, thats not what I said. My problem is that she is fixating on the audience being the problem. Specifically the male members of the audience as she puts it.

Look, it seems as though we agree more than we disagree, but every post of yours is just confusing me even more.

In a nutshell: from my knowledge of the show, it is entirely fair to say that the show's creators were going for more than just tits. My knowledge is not up to date with more recent episodes, so maybe that changes. Either way, I feel as though the problem remains as people (male or female, audience or creators) objectifying women, and that is bad regardless of who that is doing it. I have considerable sympathy for the article's take that the audience is missing some of the point, but the blame may be much more shared than that.

Return to “General Discussion”