The ThatLauraChick and Arius got engaged thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Tally
First Video: 1337 rap

Re: The ThatLauraChick and Arius got engaged thread

Postby Tally » 14 Sep 2013, 19:34

Oh man, I had not realized this! Congratulations you two!! <3
gcninja

Postby gcninja » 14 Sep 2013, 20:13

thatlaurachick wrote:First - thanks to all of you! *hugs* :D

Between Hosk and empath I'd better explain the joke...

Arius and I started dating in March of 2010 - in June 2010 I moved to Texas, for... reasons. We dated long distance until Arius decided he was done with Florida and wanted to move to Hawaii in June 2011. I couldn't leave Texas yet, so he decided to stop and visit me for a week on his way to Oahu. He never got on the plane to leave. He got a job in Texas and we stayed until I was supposed to graduate (May 2013). Since the university screwed me over 10 hours short of a degree, I gave up and we moved to Seattle because, why not.

And there you have it. Minus a lot of crying, drama and assorted swearing.

That needs to be a movie poster. The two of you leaning against a LRR logo going down the middle. Some kind of cheesy romance comedy I'd assume. To the scriptmobile!

nonetheless congrats Image
EJ wrote:Lyinginbedmon, I'm looking forward to when Paul or Graham reset your & Elomin's post count back to zero. If you keep it up it's bound to happen =p

Noblesse Oblige
Buksvager!
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 14 Sep 2013, 20:16

I think GCninja either had a crush on thatlaurachick or Arius look how angry that gif is clapping.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 15 Sep 2013, 00:16

I am get truly misty-eyed here. I can't believe that we've helped... 3? 4? couples find each other on these forums.

This is why while our content might change, but WE are not going away.
We love you all too much :)

Congrats you two, awesome news.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 15 Sep 2013, 07:27

Congrats!
thatlaurachick
First Video: Unskippable: Devil May Cry

Postby thatlaurachick » 15 Sep 2013, 07:33

Stop it guys, you're making me blush. :oops:

And Graham, thank you. We know LRR isn't going away. And that's why we keep coming back to these forums. I'm sorry I didn't get to talk to you properly at PAX. But we're trying to come to Victoria for our honeymoon, if we can get passports and money together.

EDIT: I updated the post but... because of this thread we've set a date: October 16.
I want a Pinkie launcher.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 15 Sep 2013, 09:49

For a sec I was gonna say "wow, that's not a lotta time"...and then I remembered what you'd said in the opening post. Image

Though knowing the State Department, you'd better get those passport applications in right away, unless the honeymoon is to be deferred to later; they mean well, but burro-cracy works at its own pace, remember. :|
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 15 Sep 2013, 10:06

In response to your twitter question.

Lady Hosk says " GO TO Thrift stores can have some amazing finds but the best method is, be prepared to shop around, and dont be locked into your size, start at your size and look two or 4 sizes bigger too, if you ar a 10 and find a 14 that is perfect at Goodwill, it will cost you $10 plus maybe $50 to have a professional alter it. OR you can buy it in the right size for $120. When I said be prepared to shop around, look at the rack, if you dont see anything that makes you say, wow, Move on dont look back, dont waste time on something that is well kinda ok, but maybe I can find something better but I dont want to mis out. If you dont love it, leave it and keep looking"

Lady Hosk part two "Department store clearance racks, shield your eyes, you dont want that $700 dress anyways its ugly and only dumb people would want to wear it anyways, dumb people with no taste, (just keep saying it till you believe it and can walk past them) when the nice person says "can I help you find something" say "I just want a cheep clearance thing for this stupid family thing I have to go to" Everyone has had to go to those things and dreads them so they can feel your pain and they might show you some sympathy and point you right to the good thing, or tell you about the rack that is price/10% off now but going on 75% off next week. Same rule of size applies, dont see it in your size, go bigger, a good seamstress can pull it in without a problem and cheaply too.

Three "Craiglist is your friend and your enemy, some women really are just close horses, they will only wear a dress one time and need to get rid of a closet full of stuff and are willing to take $10. Alternatively you can post a "wanted" ad saying "I have to do this family thing" or "I am getting married we dont have much money but I really want to look nice for my one special day" On the other side, there are women who ruin cloths, or wear them out and think because they paid $500 for it, it being threadbare with a big stain on it, its still got to be worth a hundred right?" Be careful, examine the whole dress, try the zipper, look at the lining, and dont be afraid to say "sorry its not what im looking for" and dont let them pressure you into buying with the "I wasted my time and you arent even going to buy it?"
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
thatlaurachick
First Video: Unskippable: Devil May Cry

Postby thatlaurachick » 15 Sep 2013, 10:10

Empath -We'll be deferring the honeymoon. Ferry tickets aren't exactly free. :)

LordHosk - Much thanks to LadyHosk for advice. :) I don't usually shop @ thrift because I'm an odd size, but she's right - if I buy one dress for $10 and have it altered once it won't hurt.
I want a Pinkie launcher.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 15 Sep 2013, 11:33

Graham wrote:I am get truly misty-eyed here. I can't believe that we've helped... 3? 4? couples find each other on these forums.

Current count is at 5 confirmed and active relationships.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 15 Sep 2013, 15:50

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES, COME ON!

Awesome, you guys! And I remember you both! Hope you have a lovely wedding. <3
Hurp-De-Durp!

Return to “General Discussion”