The Loading Ready Run Kickstarter

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Professor STAFF
First Video: Friday Nights: Untap

Re: The Loading Ready Run Kickstarter

Postby Professor STAFF » 26 Sep 2013, 10:29

I think the idea that was suggested of Paul uploading a quick 1 minute video to "Things On My Head" channel with a link to the kickstarter and an explanation that there's a stretch goal that gives us more TOMH videos is a great idea. That channel still has a huge number of subscribers that would likely chip in to help. Crapshots has its own channel too, so why not make one quick Crapshot video about the kickstarter and upload that to the channel as well?

There's nothing wrong with begging, guys! ;) Congrats on being funded, but let's get them stretch goals, yah? Wooooooo! :D
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 26 Sep 2013, 12:29

Professor STAFF wrote:I think the idea that was suggested of Paul uploading a quick 1 minute video to "Things On My Head" channel with a link to the kickstarter and an explanation that there's a stretch goal that gives us more TOMH videos is a great idea. That channel still has a huge number of subscribers that would likely chip in to help. Crapshots has its own channel too, so why not make one quick Crapshot video about the kickstarter and upload that to the channel as well?

Yeah, I'm one of 4084 subscribers to 'crapshotvideo'...can't believe we talked about TOMH and [i]didn't think about doing the same for CS! :P

Thank'ee, kind sir! Here's hoping a) the ideas get implemented and consequently help reach those stretch goals. :)
empath

Postby empath » 26 Sep 2013, 12:55

Graham wrote:BLARG they didn't aaaaaaask, why didn't they mention it aaaaaargh

Also, to that user: READ THE KICKSTARTER PAGE YOU FOOLS!!!

Lord Hosk wrote:Sometimes I want to punch young people, and then I want to punch myself for not considering myself young people.

Do you realize that you have all the information in the world at the touch of a few buttons, all you have to do is show a little bit of curiosity, just get out there and look instead of just sitting and waiting for people to dump information on you. GAAHH!!

Look, it's not just young people - the majority of civilization has become soft, weak and complacent.

Case in point: we have - at the supermarket - a weekly special going that started today (we've usually got one variant or another of this on every other week or so). Buy a whole roast chicken, a package of 'just heat up' mashed potatoes, a bag of rolls and a pack of bakery cupcakes - all for $15. What you do is grab the four items, take them to the checkout, and the computer inside the cash register - when it sees these four items on the same bill - applies discounts to take the $24 or so worth of items down to $15.

But we keep getting people asking for the other items, after they've grabbed a chicken.

My point? Here's the kicker:

Today I was stopped by a woman who - roast chicken in one hand, and the store flyer in the other who asked me to get her the meal deal. The chicken case has a sign on it showing the deal, and showing pictures of all the items (as in they're all pre-packaged, nothing has to be dished up by staff).

SAME THING WITH THE FLYER IN HER HAND; the deal is on the outside cover of the flyer, at the top of said cover page.

Even better - the bakery items are sitting in baskets next to the hot case holding the chickens. The ready-to-cook mashed potatoes? Okay, they're a ways off...directly across the aisle in a refrigerated case opposite the chicken display with cold chickens (and more baskets of buns and cupcakes) and a brightly-coloured, five-foot-high and three-foot-wide sign calling attention to the deal. :roll:

And she needed me to read the deal off the flyer in her hand to her, despite being a fully literate middle-aged woman (who apparently operated a 3000-5000lbs - death machine from her work/home/wherever to our parking lot without killing anyone)¹

:|

Most people are sheep; consider yourself lucky that you're a goat that is STILL ABLE to get fed up with all these complacent followers.

So, don't single out young'uns - every demographic is rife with this. :(

ANYWAYS, back on topic: $11,218 to go for Crap Shots 2: Crap Harder. ;)

Ever, ever closer! Image

Footnote:
1. I'm kind of proud of myself for keeping a perfectly professional and kind & helpful composure while I helped her, and didn't run screaming at this harbinger of civilization's incipient collapse. ;P
ecocd
First Video: Desert Bus 2

Postby ecocd » 26 Sep 2013, 13:15

empath wrote: The ready-to-cook mashed potatoes? Okay, they're a ways off...directly across the aisle in a refrigerated case opposite the chicken display with cold chickens (and more baskets of buns and cupcakes) and a brightly-coloured, five-foot-high and three-foot-wide sign calling attention to the deal. :roll:

Ma'am, we're not giving you money to take the food off our hands out of the goodness of our hearts. We're giving you money so you have to walk through the store on this little scavenger hunt of impulse buying. If you can't handle that much effort to get your free potatoes, then I don't think you deserve your damn free potatoes. Good day to you.
ecocd - echo-see-dee (We apologize for the inconvenience)
Amake
First Video: Le Cafe

Postby Amake » 26 Sep 2013, 13:25

Meh, just cause you caught one person in a moment of intellectual laziness in a place where most of us turn on the autopilot, often in between a long day at work and a long evening of housework I don't think we can decry "most" of humanity as mindless sheep.

And as for the impression that this apparent decline of society is a current development, I refer you to my current ctrl-V: http://xkcd.com/603/

It stands to reason that if everything was anywhere near as much better in the old days as everyone who claims things used to be better in the old days claim, society would have disintegrated at least five thousand years ago.
"I know I tend to sound like I think what I say is written in stone, but please ignore that. I assure you I'm well aware that I have no idea what I'm talking about." -Amake, 2015
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 26 Sep 2013, 13:45

in the same way that people usually think that crime is on the rise, when actually it stays at a pretty flat rate, if not in decline in most cases...

that doesn't mean that people aren't stupid, or aren't observant, or don't have common sense, or don't have the energy, motivation or presence of mind to think for themselves.

also, who the fuck buys ready to cook mashed potatoes? Making mashed potatoes is not exactly taxing and tastes better when you do it yourself. Not as ridiculous as pancake mix 'just add milk' - it's just flour, powdered egg and preservatives! Gah!

/rant.

something about kickstarters
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
Wolfwood723
First Video: Poker Before Dusk

Postby Wolfwood723 » 26 Sep 2013, 13:54

I feel I must weigh in here.

I love box mashed potatoes way more the natural ones. I make em up, then put it in a casserole dish and cover the top in cheese, place in the oven on low to melt and mmmm good.

On topic so happy to know that season 11 is a good and can't wait for all that awesome stuff. Just wait till you hear what I'm having Graham say.
ObiWan Canadian on twitch and XBL
KyrieEleison
First Video: Desert Bus 5

Postby KyrieEleison » 26 Sep 2013, 14:14

Wolfwood723, if you're interested, try cooking some bacon and crumble it into those cheesy mashed potatoes. Delicious.

Congratulations to LRR on getting their Kickstarter funded! Glory to LRRstotzka!
It's not epic unless it's dactylic hexameter.

landofanalie.wordpress.com
MatParker116
First Video: Unskippable

Postby MatParker116 » 26 Sep 2013, 14:58

Just about $10,000 till Crap!
empath

Postby empath » 26 Sep 2013, 15:16

ecocd wrote:
empath wrote: The ready-to-cook mashed potatoes? Okay, they're a ways off...directly across the aisle in a refrigerated case opposite the chicken display with cold chickens (and more baskets of buns and cupcakes) and a brightly-coloured, five-foot-high and three-foot-wide sign calling attention to the deal. :roll:

Ma'am, we're not giving you money to take the food off our hands out of the goodness of our hearts. We're giving you money so you have to walk through the store on this little scavenger hunt of impulse buying. If you can't handle that much effort to get your free potatoes, then I don't think you deserve your damn free potatoes. Good day to you.

If "walk through the store" you mean "turn around; it's RIGHT BEHIND YOU", then yes.

...which was my POINT, just in case you somehow missed it. :P

Amake wrote:Meh, just cause you caught one person in a moment of intellectual laziness in a place where most of us turn on the autopilot, often in between a long day at work and a long evening of housework I don't think we can decry "most" of humanity as mindless sheep.

It was just shy of 1pm. And she is merely the exemplar of MANY, MANY instances I implied in my previous post.

And as for the impression that this apparent decline of society is a current development, I refer you to my current ctrl-V: http://xkcd.com/603/

What 'decline'? I merely responded to the 'damn lazy kids of today' with 'actually it's everyone'. No expectation that this state of affairs is any different (let alone better/worse) than previous points in time, nor that it's likely to change at any point in the future.

Thanks, but next time try to not infer things totally absent in my statements... ;)

In unrelated news (yet related to the thread topic),

only $10,450 to more crap! :)
Amake
First Video: Le Cafe

Postby Amake » 26 Sep 2013, 16:06

empath wrote:What 'decline'? I merely responded to the 'damn lazy kids of today' with 'actually it's everyone'. No expectation that this state of affairs is any different (let alone better/worse) than previous points in time, nor that it's likely to change at any point in the future.

Thanks, but next time try to not infer things totally absent in my statements... ;)

Yeah, that was some careless reading on my part, probably making my post much more lecturing than it should, sorry about that. But to blatantly go off-topic again, my other point stands; I'd bet real money that for every apparently-mentally absent customer you noticed there was at least one who quietly got their shopping done without being noticed. Not only cause we're more likely to notice each others' shortcomings than our virtues, but also because if you're expecting to see sheep you're going to see sheep just as surely as looking for yellow cars with canoes on their roofs makes them appear everywhere in traffic. *insane rant about quantum observer effect applied on a societal scale and implications of good faith*

So, Crapshots, eh?
"I know I tend to sound like I think what I say is written in stone, but please ignore that. I assure you I'm well aware that I have no idea what I'm talking about." -Amake, 2015
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 26 Sep 2013, 16:32

We want so many Crapshots.
empath

Postby empath » 26 Sep 2013, 18:32

All the crapshots...

*goes to buy lottery ticket for vain hope of winning SOMETHING, so as to permit a second pledge*
Professor STAFF
First Video: Friday Nights: Untap

Postby Professor STAFF » 26 Sep 2013, 18:59

Thank you, Paul. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. (They did a Things On My Head update about the kickstarter here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_rPMUtW-RA )
empath

Postby empath » 27 Sep 2013, 05:30

(something I just realized; unless they came looking for more Paul in other things, no ToMH fan knows what his voice sounds like... :twisted: )

But $58,703 to more balancing, and just $8700-ish to the return of the short-shorts! ;)
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 27 Sep 2013, 05:51

Wouldn't the short-shorts be more involved at the Calendar level?
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 29 Sep 2013, 06:16

Having seen other projects do it, I think LRR needs to bump the stretch goals up the page a bit, if not all the way. Takes a smidge too long to get all the way down the page to see what they are, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person who thinks that.
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 29 Sep 2013, 09:16

I pledged! Now to figure out what I want Graham to say :)
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

matthewm
First Video: Sometthing from years ago.

Postby matthewm » 29 Sep 2013, 22:14

So new reward levels tomorrow? The donations have pretty much bottomed out.

Remaining limited tiers:
Iron Chef: 85 left of 200
Tennis Pro: 16 left of 250 (Apparently everyone secretly hates LRR)
Unemployed Announcer: 3 left of 50
Toothy Smile Marketer: 2 left of 5
Rejected Backer: 1 left of 1
Story Guy: 2 left of 3

Also, I don't think I noticed that MAX category before.
365 Zines a Year: Zine and mini-comic reviews.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 30 Sep 2013, 05:10

Honestly I think the reason the tennis pro sold so many is that its "inexpensive". Most people who are like "man I really want to support them" who have limited but not no funds can put together $50, the mental math would go something like this;

"Oh man, I am living pay check to pay check I cant afford to support them but I really really want to, what can I do. Well if I buy store brand soda this month thats $6 I save yehkkk well its for LRR, and I was going to buy a new game but I can always play a freeplay game for a month so thats $40... well I can save the extra 10 someplace."

I dont think its "Man I want to hit James in the nuts with a tennis ball"
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
thatlaurachick
First Video: Unskippable: Devil May Cry

Postby thatlaurachick » 30 Sep 2013, 06:23

@LordHosk

As a proud supporter of the Tennis Ball Idea: nope, it's because I want to throw tennis balls at junk and boobs (respectively). It's... therapeutic.

And also, we're living paycheck to paycheck and could only scrape together $50 for both of us.
I want a Pinkie launcher.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 30 Sep 2013, 06:28

individual results may vary.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 30 Sep 2013, 06:29

To quote a PA commenter beneath this week's Checkpoint:

"What? Loading Ready Run is doing a kickstarter! I wan't to get in on that sweet swag, how have I not heard of this before?"

MORE WORD NEEDS SPREADING
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 30 Sep 2013, 06:44

A quick look at Twitter, Graham and @LoadingReadyRun have barely promoted the Kickstarter at all over the last week, and I barely remember hearing from the other crewmembers Twitter's at all on the Kickstarter.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
thatlaurachick
First Video: Unskippable: Devil May Cry

Postby thatlaurachick » 30 Sep 2013, 06:56

You know - instead of asking LRR to talk about the KS more, *we* could be talking about the KS more. To people who aren't on these forums.

I've spent the last 2 weeks promoting PENGUEMIC (which only funded in it's last 2 hours). I know several people backed this game because of my tweet barrage and posting to social networks.

Just sayin'...
I want a Pinkie launcher.

Return to “General Discussion”