The Loading Ready Run Kickstarter

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Re: The Loading Ready Run Kickstarter

Postby AlexanderDitto » 16 Sep 2013, 06:54

Pimpin J wrote:Ok from what I read on the kickstarter LRR is ending?

Am I reading this wrong? :(

LRR is kickstarting their last season of sketches. If the Kickstarter is successful, 2014 will be the last year that they make weekly comedy sketches. If it's not successful, 2013 will have been their last year of weekly comedy sketches. They will continue to make all their other shows (Unskippable, Feed Dump, Friday Nights, Checkpoint, etc) and may continue to do sketches in the future, just not one a week.

They're trying to free up time for other new and exciting projects. So don't be sads!
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 16 Sep 2013, 07:00

As they say right in the video: The sketches are ending, so that the crew can focus on other comedic projects. However, they wish to send them out in style, so the kickstarter will fund a final year where the crew doesn't have to worry about finding client projects (most of which we never see) to pay for the sketches (which require the biggest time-investment for the least return of any of their shows).

After this year-long sketch comedy mega-extravaganza, sketches will continue to happen as inspiration strikes the crew, but they will no longer be bound to producing them every single week. LoadingReadyRun will also continue as a comedic enterprise and content-producer through their other shows (such as Unskippable, Checkpoint, and Feed Dump), visible client projects (like Strip Search and the upcoming Board Game Creation documentary), and as-yet unannounced projects.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 16 Sep 2013, 07:01

Also, LoadingReadyRun can never end, they are in our hearts and in our souls, they are tattooed on at least two peoples bodies, and they are the base off which several relationships that later bloomed into marriage.

Just the weekly sketches are going away.

On the plus side, the last sketch in 2014 is going to feature Edward James Olmos. (im gonna make this a thing)
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 16 Sep 2013, 07:08

Lord Hosk wrote:On the plus side, the last sketch in 2014 is going to feature Edward James Olmos. (im gonna make this a thing)

Yeah, I mean, how much would it cost to have him record a short stinger where he sits behind his PC having just watched the last sketch and wondering what he just saw (probably a lot, provided he would be willing to do it).
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

Hepheastus
First Video: Unskippable- Lost Planet

Postby Hepheastus » 16 Sep 2013, 07:09

Yeah, my first reaction to this was, 'OH NOES, NO MORE LRRS' but then I actually read it properly and it's kinda fair enough, I can understand the difficulty in funding a weekly sketch and trying to have a livable wage from it. Just need to make sure LRR gets the finance they need cause I wanna have as much LRR as I can :P
Discere linguam Latinam fuit perditio tempore in schola

Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a Fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a Fruit Salad

What do you call two crows? Attempted murder
Pimpin J
First Video: Escapist News Network

Postby Pimpin J » 16 Sep 2013, 07:19

Ok I was in full panic mode as to what I would do for comedy.

While I will be sad to see LRR go as a series I am glad that they will still be doing the other series.

My only issue now is which level should I buy.
First Video: Deeply Religious

Postby Timelady » 16 Sep 2013, 07:22

King Kool wrote:
Timelady wrote:
King Kool wrote:Which tier are you looking for, Timelady?

Was looking at #3, why?

The Iron Chef one?

I haven't donated yet, and I can make that my tier and you tell me what ingredient you want.

Awww! You really are the Koolest of Kings.

You really don't have to do that though; I was more looking at it as a way to balance what LRR's meant to me over the past five years or so (kind of a lot, even though I don't post here that much) and what I can afford. (Kind of not much. :P )

(Still, I totally owe you one!)
AmazingPjotrMan wrote:Bacon is not a chronological entity.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 16 Sep 2013, 07:22

Clearly, you should become an executive producer.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Hepheastus
First Video: Unskippable- Lost Planet

Postby Hepheastus » 16 Sep 2013, 07:31

I would be if I had enough money
Discere linguam Latinam fuit perditio tempore in schola

Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a Fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a Fruit Salad

What do you call two crows? Attempted murder
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 16 Sep 2013, 07:37

Timelady wrote:Awww! You really are the Koolest of Kings.

You really don't have to do that though; I was more looking at it as a way to balance what LRR's meant to me over the past five years or so (kind of a lot, even though I don't post here that much) and what I can afford. (Kind of not much. :P )

(Still, I totally owe you one!)

Well, it's up to you. I know how much I'll be donating.

What I wonder if it was deliberate to have such a jump between $500 and the next tier ($2000).
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 16 Sep 2013, 08:10

RedNightmare wrote:
Lord Hosk wrote:On the plus side, the last sketch in 2014 is going to feature Edward James Olmos. (im gonna make this a thing)

Yeah, I mean, how much would it cost to have him record a short stinger where he sits behind his PC having just watched the last sketch and wondering what he just saw (probably a lot, provided he would be willing to do it).

Credits start to roll as normal, as they finish the screen fades to a man sitting at his computer watching as the credits roll.

The camera slowly turns around to reveal Edward James Olmos, he is wearing a wii-play shirt or a runners shirt if one can be found, he takes off his glasses and it shows that he is weeping he slowly nods

Version 1. He says "I only wish they would have asked me to appear sooner, I miss Morgan and Bill"
Version 2. He starts to slow clap and says "So Say we all, so say we all"
Version 3. He says "Wow I have been watching this for 11 years? I need a life"
Version 4. I cant believe they made me to buy 3 PS3s, I dont even play video games.
Version 5. Then he reaches to the side, pulls up a club soda, cracks it open then raises it to the monitor in a salute and takes a swig, then cringes in disgust.
Version 6. he says "YAARRRR THAT BE A GOOD SHOW MATIE"
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 16 Sep 2013, 08:48

If I shift my backing to the tennis ball attack reward tier, can it be this one?

Or I guess I can accept this one.

[–]Graham_LRR
aeric90
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby aeric90 » 16 Sep 2013, 09:23

As soon as I have the chance 150$ is going into this. I'm looking forward to helping out!
Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
Psycat Aurora
First Video: Rejected WiiPlay Games

Postby Psycat Aurora » 16 Sep 2013, 09:46

I want to back this so badly but I don't have a credit card. :(
I may have to borrow my boyfriend's. If only Kickstarter accepted Paypal.
Deviantart: Psycat-Aurora
Instagram: @psycataurora
Tumblr: Psycat Aurora
Twitter: @Psycat_Aurora
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 16 Sep 2013, 11:13

Any Jordan, Jesse, Go! listeners here?

Interested in pitching in on a Jumbotron ad buy?
NimrodXIV
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby NimrodXIV » 16 Sep 2013, 12:04

As soon as I heard LRR was doing a Kickstarter, I didn't have to decide whether to donate or not. The only question was how much. :mrgreen:
Just because I love this and want to point it out- they mentioned during the livestream that it would take something like $50/person and 2700(?) people donating to fund it... and the donations are still over $100/person right now.
Wolfwood723
First Video: Poker Before Dusk

Postby Wolfwood723 » 16 Sep 2013, 12:20

Well I will have to sell off some Revised duals to get both Creepy Doll and the Tee/dvd/pin package. It is totally worth it.

Of course if I win the 400 million dollar powerball jackpot I will take this Kickstarter to like 500,000. They could definitely get Edward James Olmos for that kind of money right.
ObiWan Canadian on twitch and XBL
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 16 Sep 2013, 12:22

Metcarfre wrote:Any Jordan, Jesse, Go! listeners here?

I'm not adverse to the idea, but do we think it'd be profitable?
ecocd
First Video: Desert Bus 2

Postby ecocd » 16 Sep 2013, 12:50

I was busy this weekend and missed all of the news! I think we all pretty much knew the weekly sketch comedy was coming to an end sooner than later. What I didn't anticipate was a way to community fund another year! What a fantastic idea from the LRR folks! While I'm sad to see LRR closing its doors, for all intents and purposes, it's going to go out with a bang and on their terms.

As we're buying our first home, my wife and I will only be in at the $10 tier, but our hearts are with you at the $8k tier. ;-) Why the Creepy Dolls were listed at anything less than $500 is a mystery that may never be solved.

Kickstarters all follow a U shape with a few spikes if it gets mention on a major media outlet (cough Penny Arcade cough). LRR is at almost $87,000 in 3 days and they'll probably gain a small steady stream of supporters over the next 3 weeks until the final 3 days when they'll make another push. Sometiems they get more funding in the last 3 days than the previous 27 combined. While it's not like $50k is a small amount of money, I see it as almost a foregone conclusion this will be funded in the end. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they hit their $250,000 goal.

If they DO go over their $250,000 goal, I would suggest making the next stretch goal a "hired minion" where you find a pair of 6-month paid interns (U. Vic, anyone?) to help you guys out for that year. Not only will your lives be easier in 2014, it will be good to have exposure to some people in a work environment for when you seriously expand operations in 2015.
ecocd - echo-see-dee (We apologize for the inconvenience)
DericWadleigh
First Video: Crapshots Ep. 25 - The Punishment

Postby DericWadleigh » 16 Sep 2013, 13:14

Anyone have a clip of that awesomely remade lrr intro?
"Hi! I'm the Doctor! Do everything I tell you, don't ask stupid questions, and don't wander off!"
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 16 Sep 2013, 13:33

I have been thinking about something as I think back on loading ready run. When did the idea of a sketch a week even start? You cant say 10 years ago that was a video every week. Lots of the early years werent sketches, there was that lets play thing, the house move, consoul launches, cons. A lot of lrr videos would be unskipable or loading times today.

[–]Graham_LRR
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 16 Sep 2013, 13:44

JackSlack wrote:
Metcarfre wrote:Any Jordan, Jesse, Go! listeners here?

I'm not adverse to the idea, but do we think it'd be profitable?

No guarantees of course, but JJGO has tens of thousands of listeners, many of whom already support independent media (particularly comedy) through direct monetary support - I'm a donor myself.

A jumbotron ad buy for one week's show is $200. Whether that's paid back in new supporters... remains to be seen.

Of course, I'd run it past the crew first, I'm just gauging support here. Understandable most would prefer the money go straight to LRR. Also, I'm not 100% sure JJGO would run it, due to their run-ins with Penny Arcade.
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 16 Sep 2013, 17:52

DericWadleigh wrote:Anyone have a clip of that awesomely remade lrr intro?

I'm at work, so I can't listen to them to double-check, but I'm pretty sure it's one of these.
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 16 Sep 2013, 18:13

phlip wrote:
DericWadleigh wrote:Anyone have a clip of that awesomely remade lrr intro?

I'm at work, so I can't listen to them to double-check, but I'm pretty sure it's one of these.

It's the DB5 remix, indeed.
JackSlack

Postby JackSlack » 16 Sep 2013, 18:52

Best suggestion from the Kickstarter comments: Beard Stretch Goal. At X dollars, ALL the Loading Ready Run crew will be photographed with luscious, completely natural, and not at all fake beards. (Kathleen may be permitted to actually have a luscious, completely natural, and not at all fake beard. The rest need to have real ones.)

Return to “General Discussion”