The Loading Ready Run Kickstarter

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Re: The Loading Ready Run Kickstarter

Postby korvys » 15 Sep 2013, 17:57

@loadingreadyrun has 7.5k followers, but only 500 backers so far. That's a lot of fans who haven't contributed yet. The die hard fans probably already have, and likely are the ones who will contribute the most, but it's only been 24 hours.
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 15 Sep 2013, 18:11

There's also a YouTube crowd from what I understand, so getting the word out there would probably be another boost. Not to mention people who only watch LRR from work, and won't see the Kickstarter stuff until Monday morning. I wouldn't be surprised if a large chunk of the big pledges have been made, but I expect there are plenty more in the $10–$50 range to come.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 15 Sep 2013, 18:19

Yeah. Like I said elsewhere: I'd be unsurprised by both it just squeaking over the line OR by it funding so high they need to make new stretch goals.
DissonantNight
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby DissonantNight » 15 Sep 2013, 18:21

You are forgetting that dengler is and will be a thing.
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 15 Sep 2013, 18:26

Yeah, I think a majority of the people invested enough in LRR to drop several hundred dollars on a Kickstarter probably already know it's happening. There's probably some who haven't seen it yet, and quite a few who are still figuring out finances, but a lot of that is going to be already in there.

On the other hand, there's a lot to be said for a large number of small pledges... Anyone who's watched Desert Bus knows that while the large donations are there, the bulk of the total is a long stream of small amounts, which add up over time.
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 15 Sep 2013, 18:51

Yes, shifted to a different reward, I had no interest in the shirts, especially that many of them and while I can think of funny things to do with them. I want to support Loading Ready Run for all the wonderful things they have done and Lady Hosk and I agree on numbers then I twisted her arm for the funny of the Shirts. I dont know that the funny would equal the cost of doing the funny though, like taking an extra suitcase to a convention just to give away shirts, or paying to ship them back to Canada isnt worth the funny.

I went crazy with the Bumps, partially because it was funny but partially for the ability to control a conversation. That being said the hundreds and hundreds of bumps I purchased, I have spent a total of $147 on including shipping not counting gas to visit a couple of stores, there was a store 30 minutes away from my in-laws house that I made a special trip for (and they didnt even have them in stock they do their online stuff off site), and I made a special trip through Toledo on my way back to Chicago from the Detroit area.

If I were to try to do something funny with presumably hundreds of T-shirts I would have to pay WAY more than 150 bucks.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
General Michi
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby General Michi » 15 Sep 2013, 20:06

This is just making me super sad. All of it. Christ, do you guys leave an impression on people. As SOON as I have any funds you can bet your bunnions I'm gonna back the bus out of this.

You wonderful, wonderful people :')
We put the brick on the accelerator.

Image Image

Twitter Steam Tumblblar
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 15 Sep 2013, 21:06

The average pledge is 137. That is NUTS.

Most of the big time stuff has been snagged, though. There need to be a lot more $5-20 backers now.
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 15 Sep 2013, 21:21

It's not accepting my Debit Card, and I've used kickstarter before and I just bought something else online, but it still won't work, WHAT DO
Image Image Image
ZePancakes
First Video: Bad News

Postby ZePancakes » 15 Sep 2013, 21:31

Well, I'm one of the Axe Hand level backers, I wish I could give more but as a student it's hard to spend money on things other than food/rent.
Oh-h-h-h SNAP... Concede.

phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 15 Sep 2013, 22:10

Sieg Reyu wrote:It's not accepting my Debit Card, and I've used kickstarter before and I just bought something else online, but it still won't work, WHAT DO

Well, Kickstarter in the past has usually used Amazon to handle its payment collections... but that isn't available outside the US, so Kickstarter Canada has had to use a different payment processor, which means support may vary.

My recommendation is to find someone you trust who has a card they support, and get them to do it, and you pay them back.
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 15 Sep 2013, 22:15

AlexanderDitto wrote:Most of the big time stuff has been snagged, though. There need to be a lot more $5-20 backers now.
We may need to invent new tiers O_O
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 15 Sep 2013, 22:20

No, the $125 tier is full. so much for my dream of letting Kathleen play DOTA 2.

I'll be backing around the end of september, so mine's not in there yet. Birthday needs to fill my coffers first ;)

@Dutchguy: What bank do you use? Because ING offers a suprisingly cheap credit card option. I use it only for these kinds of moments.
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

Amake
First Video: Le Cafe

Postby Amake » 15 Sep 2013, 22:32

My pseudonym is Ix wrote:
DuelLadyS wrote:
MisterDee wrote:Question: does that mean the official end of Commodore Hustle? Or would it continue on an irregular schedule along the lines of "we still do sketches once in a while, and occasionnally one of those is a cH sketch?"

At the Pax Prime panel, they said that is likely to be the case.

I've thought about it in the past few weeks, and I think this is a bit like if Nintendo announced the next big Mario platformer, is the last big Mario platformer. You'd still have Zelda and Metroid and all that stuff, you'd even still have Paper and Mario/Mario and Luigi/the other 'spinoffs'. It's not really that much going away... but it would somehow still feel like Nintendo is closing fovever, becuause in our heads Nintendo=Mario.

In any case, I'm waiting to see if "Ala Carte" options pop up, now that we know you can't back multiple tiers... that way I know just how much I'm gonna have to put up. :p

Yeah, but if Nintendo announced that Mario was finally going to be put to bed I think more than a few people would breath a sigh of release. Mr Croshaw springs instantly to mind.

I think of it more like if they announced they would stop making new Mario games for every console and instead were going to make a really good one and after that, if one day they decide there's something worthwhile to be done with Mario that hasn't been done before and does benefit from being a Mario game as opposed to some other game, then they're going to make another one.

I've never been a fan of deadlines. I respect people who can work with them, but I don't understand how you do it. This decade of weekly videos? That's impressive beyond belief. I'm glad you guys have kept it up long enough for me to find out about it, let alone a bunch of years after that. But I absolutely understand the need to shift gears. I'd much rather you did your stuff at your own terms, rather than dictated by the arbitrary seven day week; I can only see this as trading quantity for quality.

Although I am struggling to imagine how you could get more quality into your work.
"I know I tend to sound like I think what I say is written in stone, but please ignore that. I assure you I'm well aware that I have no idea what I'm talking about." -Amake, 2015
Kthanid
First Video: My memory isn't that good.

Postby Kthanid » 15 Sep 2013, 22:44

For people who can't pay via a standard credit card, you should be able to use say a visa or mastercard giftcard or alternatively you can probably buy a reloadable visa or MC from quite a few places. That's what I use since I don't really like having an actual credit card, and I'm not tempted to go over my limits.
I don't even...what?
Sieg Reyu

Postby Sieg Reyu » 15 Sep 2013, 23:03

I seriously hope I can get something working. LoadingReadyRun has been part of my life for 7 years now, ever since How To Talk Like a Pirate Day, 2006. Given any chance, I mention them and say nothing but good things about them to everyone I know. They mean the world to me, and I will be crushed if I can't support them. CRUSHED I SAY!!! I don't make a lot of disposable income, but I want to throw every dime that I can at them. AND I DO MEAN CRUSHED!!! LITERALLY! There is a 2 ton weight suspended above my head.
Image Image Image
Kthanid

Postby Kthanid » 15 Sep 2013, 23:58

Sieg Reyu, if funds are a worry (like they are for me), what I did was decide, "ok what can I go without for a month" and I cut that for October and that made up enough of a balance that I was able to get in at the $20 level. LRR is worth more to me than a months sub or an MMO or coffee when I'm out or buying something from the grocery store that I don't need and won't miss for a month.
I don't even...what?
Sieg Reyu

Postby Sieg Reyu » 16 Sep 2013, 00:10

I can spare 100-200ish. That's without cutting into DB funds. Which are about the same. I don't plan to though.
Image Image Image
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 16 Sep 2013, 00:20

DissonantNight wrote:You are forgetting that dengler is and will be a thing.

I'd like to think LRR fans are a sufficiently sized and sufficiently generous group of people that we don't need to rely on his generosity, nice though it would be if he contributed.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Kthanid

Postby Kthanid » 16 Sep 2013, 00:26

I'm sure he's just waiting so that people have a chance to get what they want before he swoops in.
I don't even...what?
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 16 Sep 2013, 00:58

If LRR goes over the target goal will the surplus be put towards trying to hire Edward James Olmos for a sketch?
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Wolfwood723
First Video: Poker Before Dusk

Postby Wolfwood723 » 16 Sep 2013, 01:29

Elomin Sha wrote:If LRR goes over the target goal will the surplus be put towards trying to hire Edward James Olmos for a sketch?

Well if things look like there trucking well past the 250,000 stretch goal maybe they can add EJO to the list. It would be like an incredible dream to have him in the final episode.
ObiWan Canadian on twitch and XBL
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 16 Sep 2013, 04:33

Graham wrote:
AlexanderDitto wrote:Most of the big time stuff has been snagged, though. There need to be a lot more $5-20 backers now.

New tiers or an addon store would almost guarantee more money from me.

Or I can just put that money towards more balls to throw at James's junk. Your choice.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Pimpin J
First Video: Escapist News Network

Postby Pimpin J » 16 Sep 2013, 06:41

Ok from what I read on the kickstarter LRR is ending?

Am I reading this wrong? :(
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 16 Sep 2013, 06:51

Graham wrote:

I'm sure you're already doing this, but I would suggest adding more tiers in the $50-150 range with electronic rewards.

Consider perhaps adding another Axe Hand tier, but for other crew members? Those seemed to go very quickly. People could, for example, sponsor you and Paul to livestream 10 minutes of some terrible game (Atelier meruru?). Or for a big chunk of money someone could suggest the subject of a future sketch?

But yeah I dunno. Unless a massive number of people start doing the $5-20 thing, it looks like you'll be funding this thing entirely through high-level rewards, which is pretty amazing, but also means you need to come up with more high level rewards.

Master Gunner wrote:
Graham wrote:

New tiers or an addon store would almost guarantee more money from me.

Or I can just put that money towards more balls to throw at James's junk. Your choice.

Also this. I know I'd shell out extra for a pin (which isn't in my tier). I'd assume a lot of people would do a la carte ad-ons. I don't know what the best way of doing this is... it's kinda crazy Kickstarter hasn't added this functionality.

Return to “General Discussion”