The Loading Ready Run Kickstarter

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
thatlaurachick
First Video: Unskippable: Devil May Cry

Re: The Loading Ready Run Kickstarter

Postby thatlaurachick » 17 Sep 2013, 09:51

Call it self promotion, but I wrote a blogpost on transparency in business based on the LRR Kickstarter. http://lmtomaja.blogspot.com/2013/09/transparency.html

I really think that LRR deserves props for being so honest with us about what's going on.
I want a Pinkie launcher.
Fantazme
First Video: One of the Unskippables...

Postby Fantazme » 17 Sep 2013, 09:59

I'm possibly being stupid, but I can't see how to add the physical rewards to my tier, if I need to or if already included? Or do I just have to add $75 on regardless?
Icefall
First Video: Unskippable on The Escapist

Postby Icefall » 17 Sep 2013, 09:59

Metcarfre wrote:Why are you asking us and not Kickstarter?

I was hoping some helpful folks here had info on alternative methods that work on this KS in general since Amazon Payments isn't an option. I apologize if I'm bothering people here.
Last edited by Icefall on 03 Sep 2017, 01:08, edited 2 times in total.
Hepheastus
First Video: Unskippable- Lost Planet

Postby Hepheastus » 17 Sep 2013, 10:00

Wow, I hadn't actually noticed how transparent LRR were being until you mentioned it. Awesome article :D
Discere linguam Latinam fuit perditio tempore in schola

Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a Fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a Fruit Salad

What do you call two crows? Attempted murder
DmitriW
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DmitriW » 17 Sep 2013, 10:04

Hepheastus wrote:Wow, I hadn't actually noticed how transparent LRR were being until you mentioned it. Awesome article :D

You didn't notice because this is par for the course for them. LRR has always been extremely forthcoming about things with us, and I've always appreciated it.

Also, I'm in at $50. Here's to season 11! :D
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 17 Sep 2013, 10:06

Icefall wrote:
Metcarfre wrote:Why are you asking us and not Kickstarter?

I was hoping some helpful folks here had info on alternative methods that work on this KS in general since Amazon Payments isn't an option. I apologize if I'm bothering people here.

It's not bothering, but don't you think they'd be in a better position to answer?
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 17 Sep 2013, 10:10

Could it be we are more responsive than KS customer support? I haven't ever dealt with them, so I have no idea.
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 17 Sep 2013, 10:39

Fantazme wrote:I'm possibly being stupid, but I can't see how to add the physical rewards to my tier, if I need to or if already included? Or do I just have to add $75 on regardless?

They added a new section to the Kickstarter page that explains how to do it. When you pledge, you pick a base reward tier (that's above the minimum limit for add-ons), and mentally add in an extra amount to your pledge for the add-ons you want (plus shipping if you're outside the US). So for me, if I want the DVD and the Kickstarter pin, I'd pledge $145, and pick "Just The DVD" as my reward tier. That leaves $25 that goes towards the Kickstarter pin, plus $10 for shipping. Then after the Kickstarter ends, they'll send around a feedback survey to everyone who backed, which will have a field for add-ons, and you would mark down which ones you wanted (in my case, the Kickstarter pin). They'll verify that your pledge was big enough to cover the add-ons you wanted, and package everything together to send out.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Rebas
First Video: Synchronize

Postby Rebas » 17 Sep 2013, 11:03

Do I have to add 10$ for every item that I want or is the 10$ for all of them. Currently I have given 20$ for both the shirt and the poster and I'm not going to downgrade my pledge but I was just wondering.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 17 Sep 2013, 11:26

I've been waiting all day for it to hit 100k, and it finally has!
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Tufty
First Video: Fear Itself

Postby Tufty » 17 Sep 2013, 11:32

My pseudonym is Ix wrote:I've been waiting all day for it to hit 100k, and it finally has!

Still with an average backing of over $100! Wow.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 17 Sep 2013, 12:31

Rebas wrote:Do I have to add 10$ for every item that I want or is the 10$ for all of them. Currently I have given 20$ for both the shirt and the poster and I'm not going to downgrade my pledge but I was just wondering.

I don't know where you got the idea that they were $10.

If you're at the $75 tier or higher, you can "add on" items.

For a shirt, you add on $50.

For a pin, you add on $25.

For a poster, you add on $25.

SO! If you want a shirt and a poster, you could pledge $75 for the poster (choose the MERCENARY FOR HIRE level), and then add $50 for the shirt, bringing your pledge to $125 total.

EDIT: herpaderp. I clearly misinterpreted your question. You're asking about the $10 extra for international shipping. I dunno. Graham needs to weigh in here.
Fantazme
First Video: One of the Unskippables...

Postby Fantazme » 17 Sep 2013, 12:42

Master Gunner wrote:
Fantazme wrote:I'm possibly being stupid, but I can't see how to add the physical rewards to my tier, if I need to or if already included? Or do I just have to add $75 on regardless?

They added a new section to the Kickstarter page that explains how to do it. When you pledge, you pick a base reward tier (that's above the minimum limit for add-ons), and mentally add in an extra amount to your pledge for the add-ons you want (plus shipping if you're outside the US). So for me, if I want the DVD and the Kickstarter pin, I'd pledge $145, and pick "Just The DVD" as my reward tier. That leaves $25 that goes towards the Kickstarter pin, plus $10 for shipping. Then after the Kickstarter ends, they'll send around a feedback survey to everyone who backed, which will have a field for add-ons, and you would mark down which ones you wanted (in my case, the Kickstarter pin). They'll verify that your pledge was big enough to cover the add-ons you wanted, and package everything together to send out.

Hm, okay. I did read the bit on the Kickstarter and it was a bit unclear.

I'll have to save up and see if I can out out the extra $ for what I want. It's an unfortunate situation for sure in terms of it being a little awkward to do, but these KickStarter's are pretty complex. I imagine.
SilPho
First Video: Desert Bus 3

Postby SilPho » 17 Sep 2013, 12:53

AlexanderDitto wrote:
Rebas wrote:Do I have to add 10$ for every item that I want or is the 10$ for all of them. Currently I have given 20$ for both the shirt and the poster and I'm not going to downgrade my pledge but I was just wondering.

I don't know where you got the idea that they were $10.

If you're at the $75 tier or higher, you can "add on" items.

For a shirt, you add on $50.

For a pin, you add on $25.

For a poster, you add on $25.

SO! If you want a shirt and a poster, you could pledge $75 for the poster (choose the MERCENARY FOR HIRE level), and then add $50 for the shirt, bringing your pledge to $125 total.

I believe they were inquiring about the extra $10 to ship the physical items outside of the US.
ElFuzzy
First Video: Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Postby ElFuzzy » 17 Sep 2013, 12:58

$35k to go, great job guys
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 17 Sep 2013, 13:04

SilPho wrote:I believe they were inquiring about the extra $10 to ship the physical items outside of the US.

Indeed we were, and I have no idea if it would be an extra $10 per item, or $10 altogether.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 17 Sep 2013, 13:47

Master Gunner wrote:
SilPho wrote:I believe they were inquiring about the extra $10 to ship the physical items outside of the US.

Indeed we were, and I have no idea if it would be an extra $10 per item, or $10 altogether.

Oh oops.

Ignore my misinterpretation of your post. :X
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 17 Sep 2013, 13:52

thatlaurachick wrote:Call it self promotion, but I wrote a blogpost on transparency in business based on the LRR Kickstarter. http://lmtomaja.blogspot.com/2013/09/transparency.html

I really think that LRR deserves props for being so honest with us about what's going on.

Please keep that blog active indefinitely - I fully intend to refer to that perfectly concise 'essaylet' for some time to come. Image

(wait..."essaylet" is an actual word? Huh...)
Pimpin J
First Video: Escapist News Network

Postby Pimpin J » 17 Sep 2013, 14:20

Under_Score wrote:
DuelLadyS wrote:
Kapol wrote:The add-on options are live and are explained on the Kickstarter page.

I am honestly disappointed in the add-on system... what I want, is a pin, a DVD, AND the tennis ball. Apparently this will not be an option. :(

Maybe I can convince work to give me a couple days off, head north, and just huck a tennis ball at you of my own volition. :twisted:

Well, the thing about the DVDs is that they aren't really Kickstarter exclusives, so you'll be able to buy them normally once they're out. Granted, that means that money won't go to the Kickstarter, so I can understand if that's why you're disappointed. It is less advantageous for LRR, but for the backer, it comes out about the same.

Well if this is true then I will be in for the $75 package and probably buy the dvd later. I was torn on what package to get because i wanted the music, poster and the dvd, but knowing it will come out later hopefully will help me and my wallet. :)
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 17 Sep 2013, 14:22

thatlaurachick wrote:Call it self promotion, but I wrote a blogpost on transparency in business based on the LRR Kickstarter. http://lmtomaja.blogspot.com/2013/09/transparency.html

Great write up but I think Graham said "if it doesn't fund then this year will be the last season of sketches, it doesn't mean you don't love it but the market will have spoken" or something like that.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
thatlaurachick
First Video: Unskippable: Devil May Cry

Postby thatlaurachick » 17 Sep 2013, 16:22

Yes, but in talking about what happens then the quote is "Figuring out what happens next becomes relevant, sooner." Which means: they don't know tight now.
I want a Pinkie launcher.
Rebas
First Video: Synchronize

Postby Rebas » 17 Sep 2013, 16:33

AlexanderDitto wrote:
Master Gunner wrote:

Oh oops.

Ignore my misinterpretation of your post. :X

AND MINE!

Yeah, should've specified that I was talking about the postals. Stupid me :D

BTW: Holy crap! 1,003 backers and 103,244 canadian dollars gathered and 26 days left. I hope that they've got a bet at the office about how fast they'd get this thing funded (Kathleen has obviously lost already)
Pimpin J

Postby Pimpin J » 17 Sep 2013, 17:01

I hope that we get enough raised to get the season 1 DVD reprinted!

So I can spend more money! :lol:
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 17 Sep 2013, 17:02

Pimpin J wrote:I hope that we get enough raised to get the season 1 DVD reprinted!

The season 1 DVD won't be reprinted. It's going to be given away as a digital copy I believe.
Pimpin J

Postby Pimpin J » 17 Sep 2013, 17:15

Kapol wrote:
Pimpin J wrote:I hope that we get enough raised to get the season 1 DVD reprinted!

The season 1 DVD won't be reprinted. It's going to be given away as a digital copy I believe.

At about 3 minutes into the Kickstarter video Graham says that if they exceed their goal they might do a remastered DVD of season 1.

Return to “General Discussion”