TEN YEARS OF LRR!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

TEN YEARS OF LRR!

Postby Master Gunner » 13 Oct 2013, 16:09

Why is there not a topic yet?

YAY LRR!

10 more years! 10 more years!

..oh.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
PlasmaCow
First Video: Desert Bus 4 / The Job

Re: TEN YEARS OF LRR!

Postby PlasmaCow » 13 Oct 2013, 16:13

woop woop
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 13 Oct 2013, 16:14

Who has all the things submitted for the fan book thing? I got the message, but completely forgot about it. And now feel like a jerk because of that. :(
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 13 Oct 2013, 16:45

Happy 10 years, LRR. <3 you all much.

(Tapir probably has all the images, but personally, I'd rather Tapir didn't post mine. It's special for the crew, you know? I hope they like it. And thanks, Tapir, for getting the flowers. <3)
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 13 Oct 2013, 17:10

Woo, ten years!

I'm a bit sad I couldn't think of anything for the book. None of my ideas turned into anything I felt worth contributing. =/

Looks like those of you that did contribute did a lot of interesting stuff, though!
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
thatlaurachick
First Video: Unskippable: Devil May Cry

Postby thatlaurachick » 13 Oct 2013, 17:13

10 years and counting! LRRsome!
Last edited by thatlaurachick on 13 Oct 2013, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.
I want a Pinkie launcher.
Volafortis
First Video: I am a spam bot.

Postby Volafortis » 13 Oct 2013, 17:38

Yeah, sad I couldn't come up with anything for it :(
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 13 Oct 2013, 17:41

A decade. Longer than many POPULAR TV shows.

Think about that.

Even taking into account the shorter length of LRR episodes (assuming an average of 5min), LoadingReadyRun's decade-long run of 520 episodes comes out to 2600 minutes - that's just over FORTY-THREE HOURS of content (probably more).

That's more than the total airtime of Firefly, The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr., Alien Nation, Space: Above and Beyond, Dollhouse, Harsh Realm, or any number of other promising tv shows that had the misfortune of being broadcast on FOX. ;)
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 13 Oct 2013, 17:58

As long as Stargate SG-1, the longest concurrently-running science fiction show to date, wonder if they'll beat out the longest non-concurrently-running series too, Doctor Who...

LRR at 43 years...now there's a sketch idea...

But hey, I think I was far from the only one with shaking knees and pale complexion when the announcement of the kickstarter was made, but I think I can say that it has been an honour and a privelige to join you fine Canadian folks on this journey, and if we should rise majestically as a phoenix or tumble soddenly into the fires of Avernus, may it be under your own terms and with us at your side, cheering all the while.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 13 Oct 2013, 18:12

As someone who's only been in the LRRmily for nearly three years, I also just want to say: Thank you, LRR. You're awesome, and have given us all so much.

(Also, I'm happy to share my page of the book, providing Tapir12 and LRR are cool with that. My page wasn't especially personal.)
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 13 Oct 2013, 18:12

WOO, SPRING BREAK!

(I'd prefer if my page wasn't posted as well.)
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 13 Oct 2013, 18:14

...I just came up with something for the book. Just after it was funded. Stupid. =_=

Might as well do it here, since it's not just for them. The big thing I love about LRR isn't the videos. It's the community that they've built around them. The Strip Search artists, all of the people who've come and gone through the seasons, but my fellow fans most of all.

The people here on the forums are pretty much universally great. Smart and kind people pretty much all around (myself not included). The people who support Desert Bus, which ranges across a whole number of famous people as well as so many people in the chat. I've met a bunch of fellow runners at cons, and it's often been some of my favorite parts of those cons. Not to mention the crew themselves. They've also been very cool whenever I've met up with them.

I guess that's all I'd really have to say. Thanks LoadingReadyRun for existing, to give great comedy to perk me up, create a warm community for me to annoy, and for being just awesome people.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 13 Oct 2013, 18:14

I am disappointed in my page, it really fell short of what I hoped to convey, but every time I started working on it I got flustered and ended up just throwing something together.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 13 Oct 2013, 18:16

Dear LRR Crew,

CONGRATULATIONS GUYS!!! 10 years is an amazing achievement!

A decade of wonderful entertainment, many laughs and tons of memories. Thank you so much!! I really enjoyed watching through all the seasons on the stream and seeing the growth. You've come a long way and I know you'll keep growing.

P.S. Thanks to everyone who submitted to the book. I do have all the pages but I won't be posting them. If you'd like to share your page, I suggest you post it here in this thread. If you didn't get a chance to contribute post your page here instead. Maybe the crew can print the extra pages and add them in!
Last edited by Tapir12 on 13 Oct 2013, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 13 Oct 2013, 18:19

I was going to say that I'd be fine if my page was posted, but I'll share it myself tomorrow instead. :)

I left it pretty late, so only got what's basically a first draft done, but I think I did fairly well. Obviously there's stuff I think I'd at least try out to see how it looks, although I don't know if those ideas would actually look any better. I'm not gonna try them out, anyway.
ex-Lurker
First Video: 'Skeeterpellant

Postby ex-Lurker » 13 Oct 2013, 18:25

I don't mind sharing my page, I would also love to read the other page if people are comfortable with it.
Totally accurate, except for all the times I'm not.
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 13 Oct 2013, 18:26

I had been wanting to write something like what Kapol said, but I couldn't find the right way to phrase it, and then I tried to do a little comic thing, and that didn't turn out... anyway, I did draw this picture for my planned submission, which I quite like.
(Just noticed I missed the transparency under Kathleen's arm. Oops.)

I wrote a book!
General Michi
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby General Michi » 13 Oct 2013, 18:28

<3 <--- That's really all I can say. That and I love you LRR : )
We put the brick on the accelerator.

Image Image

Twitter Steam Tumblblar
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 13 Oct 2013, 18:28

OK, since it seems to be fine to do so, and I WANT to post it to thank Fugiman, EikoandMog, and all the other hatisticians who helped me compile all this data. You guys are amazing.

As are, of course, all the Loading Ready Run team. You guys all rock. This is for you.

thatlaurachick
First Video: Unskippable: Devil May Cry

Postby thatlaurachick » 13 Oct 2013, 18:29

I think Tapir is right: if you don't mind sharing your page, post it here. If someone doesn't post a page, please don't ask. It's something for The Crew after all. :)
I want a Pinkie launcher.
ex-Lurker
First Video: 'Skeeterpellant

Postby ex-Lurker » 13 Oct 2013, 18:31

Happy tenth anniversary gentlemen and ladies of LRR!
I would like to thank you guys for all the joy you’ve brought, your shows have been an integral part of my weekly schedule for years now, and I can honestly say I’ve watched all of the LRR sketches (minus the elusive season one of course). From Graham’s solid gold comedy, to Paul’s high-brow sketches, to Kathleen’s WTF did I just watch, like it was said repeatedly on the LRRcast, each is special in their own way. I’m amazed at the way your shows keep increasing in number and still remain great, Checkpoint is informative and funny, the same can be said for Feed Dump (if air quotes the size of B.C. was used around “informative”), Friday Nights lets me get some Magic jokes, and Strip Search made me love a reality show (OH GOD WHAT’S WRONG WITH ME). Of course, Desert bus for Hope is beyond wonderful, in both its purpose and content, besides, who needs to sleep anyways. I would also like to thank you guys for creating such an awesome forum, it remains the only one I’ve ever posted on, and the conversation, while sometime batshit insane, rank as some of my favourite ever. So thanks for all the memories, looking forward to better new ones and know that I’m behind you guys 100%, whatever happens, because you’re all bussing amazing.
ex-Lurker

Guess I'll start things off!
Totally accurate, except for all the times I'm not.
empath

Postby empath » 13 Oct 2013, 18:32

I, like Hosk, had 'issues of focus' when trying to craft a page of sufficient tribute to my wonderful hosts for such a long time (almost six years now...), and feel somewhat ambivalent about what I finally worked up.

Welp, in spite of its 'roughness' (or maybe because of it), I'm fine wiht sharing with everyone my expression of thanks for all the fun and good times (and SPOIL THE SURPRISE for the Crew ;) ):

Ten years...

A decade's worth of entertainment.

How much is that?

More than Spooks/MI-5 or Touched By An Angel (nine years) or Charmed (eight years).

Longer than any U.S. President's tenure since FDR.

Longer than the life of Grunge music, or Disco...or Nu-disco (so far).

You've given a lot of people a LOT of entertainment and happiness, and managed to create an online fan community that is - while not huge (573 posters who have or had over a hundred posts) - one that 'gets along' VERY well, is surprisingly drama-free and VERY welcoming and accepting of new people!

You've created something that's helped people through many hard times, and helped them enjoy GOOD times of their own (including not a few relationships).

It won't last forever, but nothing ever does, and what greatness it has been while it is is MORE than worth it!

THANK YOU

(Note; this is not any sort of argument/encouragement/cajoling/etc. for others to share their page if they wish to keep it private; your page is just that - yours. Do with it as you wish!)
Wolfwood723
First Video: Poker Before Dusk

Postby Wolfwood723 » 13 Oct 2013, 18:32

Happy Big Ten to the crew and friends!

I saw the very first Unskippable when it came out very and quickly fell down the rabbit hole that is the video catalog. Then the podcasts and things like Idiot Cube came along. Now I routinely go back a watch videos, listen to old podcasts, and have Desert Bus 6 in rotation (right on my third viewing at 79:45). So you could say I have become a bit obsessed but what can I say, I love all things LRR. I'm even planning an LRR tattoo soon.

Anyway, just wanted to say how awesome it is that you guys have accomplished so much and been able to produce content for so long reliably. Really exited to see what comes in 2015 and beyond.
ObiWan Canadian on twitch and XBL
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 13 Oct 2013, 18:33

Jack, when I saw you asking around about the Hat Stats, I was hoping it was for this. I really like how you did it. :D

Edit: And since I'm focusing too much on myself, I want to say to LRR, thank you for everything you've done for the last ten years. I've floated between communities online over the years, but I've finally found one where I feel like I fit in. Your videos, consistently hilarious as they are, are only a small part of why you're so awesome. You're all such nice people, and that has attracted such a great community of like-minded people around you. I've not one that makes friends easily, but I feel like I have made some in this community. Just this week, a few people I would never have known if not for you have been incredibly generous with their time and agreed to help me with something, so on that token alone you have my thanks.

I'm being long-winded and rambly, so I'll finish off by just saying thanks, and that I'm looking forward to seeing the next ten years of content!
Last edited by Jamfalcon on 13 Oct 2013, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.

I wrote a book!
empath

Postby empath » 13 Oct 2013, 18:35

Agreed; that is AWE-inspiring, man! Image

Return to “General Discussion”