DB007

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Re: DB007

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 22 Nov 2013, 05:15

Would a Generic Plushie (Teddy/Bunny/Any animal) made from 'upcycled cloth' (fabric from old clothing stitched to make the plushie) be geeky enough to donate to the Craft-Along next year?

(the buttons for eyes/mouth/details will be ucycled. The stuffing would be upcycled (old socks). Only thing none-upcycled would be the thread to stitch it).
Rikadyn
First Video: the pub

Postby Rikadyn » 22 Nov 2013, 06:12

This DB feels off, mostly cause Thanksgiving is pushed back a eeek and I transfered to Uni this year meaning a much tougher schedule, and can't watch the late night shifts which are my favorites
the heart knows no greater tragedy than a breath that begins in love and ends in grief...
Amake
First Video: Le Cafe

Postby Amake » 22 Nov 2013, 08:47

Matt mentioned Desert Bus is a better love story than the Twilight saga, inspiring this little thing I'm calling Desert Loves Bus:

So close and yet so far, the stretch of desert by its side haunted the bus as it went on its road forever, at times seemed to almost pull the bus towards it with the sheer force of their longing. But the bus soon came straight again, corrected on its course by the driver. Unable to move or speak, it could only watch the beautiful landscape, waiting for the sunset and the merciful darkness that made them invisible to each other, for a while.

"One day I will roll on your golden plains", said the bus, or wished it said, in the noise of its clanking engine.

"I dream of the steely touch of your undercarriage", said the desert, or wished it said, in the sun-boiled vapor blowing in its wind.

The bus pulled to the side again, as if drawn by a force stronger than gravity. For a moment its ball bearings shrieked in joy, in anticipation, in helpless pleasure. The air above the sand dunes seemed to shiver in the heat. And then the driver pulled the wheel in the other direction, and for the thousandth time the lovers wept tears of motor oil, tears of stone.

And the road went on forever.
"I know I tend to sound like I think what I say is written in stone, but please ignore that. I assure you I'm well aware that I have no idea what I'm talking about." -Amake, 2015
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 22 Nov 2013, 10:20

Hurp-De-Durp!
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 22 Nov 2013, 10:58

@Doctor Paul (Shackleton is my great great great Uncle <3 See Lying Thread)
Robo4900
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Robo4900 » 22 Nov 2013, 13:11

If you think about it, Tucson or Bust is a better love story than Twilight, since it does have that mention of the driver's family.
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 22 Nov 2013, 13:32

It's funny when randomers stumble into the Twitch stream.

Currently during the 10min act challenge, there's a lot of 'wtfs' going on.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 22 Nov 2013, 15:18

DB007: For your feels only.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 22 Nov 2013, 15:37

Yeah, good lord. Had me crying.
Pimpin J
First Video: Escapist News Network

Postby Pimpin J » 22 Nov 2013, 15:39

When is the money from T-shirts and Posters added?

I am curious to see how much they raise from those sources.

Postby Jarrgon » 22 Nov 2013, 15:45

Just look at that feels bump.
Square Shaped Softness - have a gander
Amake
First Video: Le Cafe

Postby Amake » 22 Nov 2013, 15:56

I was in the bathroom when I heard the crying begin. Got to feeling pretty lonely and helpless. And then by the time I got back everyone was laughing and like a coward I was relieved. >_>
"I know I tend to sound like I think what I say is written in stone, but please ignore that. I assure you I'm well aware that I have no idea what I'm talking about." -Amake, 2015
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 22 Nov 2013, 16:17

Amake wrote:I was in the bathroom when I heard the crying begin. Got to feeling pretty lonely and helpless. And then by the time I got back everyone was laughing and like a coward I was relieved. >_>

That's because there were some extreme feels moments. I really wanted to hug people. :(
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 22 Nov 2013, 16:20

I think we all would have been Tally in that situation. Wow.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

KyrieEleison
First Video: Desert Bus 5

Postby KyrieEleison » 22 Nov 2013, 16:21

Yeah, typing "hugs everyone in the chat and moonbase" doesn't quite cut it when there are major emotions flowing...
It's not epic unless it's dactylic hexameter.

landofanalie.wordpress.com
Pimpin J
First Video: Escapist News Network

Postby Pimpin J » 22 Nov 2013, 16:24

Why is it that the last driver makes the most money?

Postby Jarrgon » 22 Nov 2013, 16:25

Everyone starts dumping they're left over money/gets caught up in the emotion. I think anyway.
Square Shaped Softness - have a gander
Fezzul
First Video: Toothy Smile

Postby Fezzul » 22 Nov 2013, 16:26

Eleventh hour syndrome.
-----------------------------------------
And that's the news. Skeptics remain skeptical.
Ald3rp
First Video: commodore Hustle - It's Magic!

Postby Ald3rp » 22 Nov 2013, 16:28

AAAAAAAAH, CURSE YOU TWITCH.TV!!!
I am SpaceCore! But when I'm not SpaceCore, I'm just AL.
Twitch.tv handle: Technic_al
Can't Wear Hats
Admiral Robocop
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Can't Wear Hats » 22 Nov 2013, 17:50

EDIT: While the stream's down, let me take the time to say that that was an emotional roller-coaster - I want to hug everyone at Desert Bus so much, they had me breaking down in tears halfway across the world. Every single one of them and every single one of you who donate, contribute and watch - you're all my heroes.

<3
"We're not on this asteroid for very long, let's be nice to one another." - Alex Steacy

LRL: http://imgur.com/a/EoMQz#0
Desert Bus 007: http://imgur.com/a/ikM5G#0
Desert Bus 8: http://imgur.com/a/ksPiS

Twitter | Twitch

Kapol

Postby Kapol » 22 Nov 2013, 19:15

So, I think that it'd be cool if we could get an online version of the poster and have links to each picture/clip with what happened to inspire it. That way we have reference to each little bit of it.
Tycherin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby Tycherin » 22 Nov 2013, 19:44

So I'm just gonna throw this out there, but I'm pretty sure DB7 has broken roughly all the records. Total earned, most earned in an hour, most earned in a shift, flushes...
Kapol wrote:So, I think that it'd be cool if we could get an online version of the poster and have links to each picture/clip with what happened to inspire it. That way we have reference to each little bit of it.

Seconded. There's a gif of the evolution of the poster over the various previews, and it is AMAZING. I know most of the references, though a lot of them had to be explained by the cast during the poster auction.
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 22 Nov 2013, 22:23

Tycherin wrote:So I'm just gonna throw this out there, but I'm pretty sure DB7 has broken roughly all the records. Total earned, most earned in an hour, most earned in a shift, flushes...
Kapol wrote:So, I think that it'd be cool if we could get an online version of the poster and have links to each picture/clip with what happened to inspire it. That way we have reference to each little bit of it.

Seconded. There's a gif of the evolution of the poster over the various previews, and it is AMAZING. I know most of the references, though a lot of them had to be explained by the cast during the poster auction.

I totally wanted to do that last year, but never finished rewatching all of the bus. I would love to do it this year, maybe get a couple of people, split up the time, like each person takes 30 hours or whatever, goes through, watches their section, labels each item, and then compile it all later.

Anyone up for that?
Image Image Image
Kapol

Postby Kapol » 22 Nov 2013, 22:27

It might be easier to use the photos taken that were used for reference as well as memory, as we have to wait for the entire time to be uploaded in that method.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 22 Nov 2013, 22:28

Desert Bus isnt over, it has just pulled into the station for a well deserved rest. We shall all meet again, We will dance, we will sing, we will have all our feels felt, we will donate, we will challenge but most of all, we will love.

Thank you desert bus.
Thank You chat.
Thank you childsplay.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!

Return to “General Discussion”