DB007

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
TheMoatman
First Video: How to LRR

Re: DB007

Postby TheMoatman » 23 Nov 2013, 22:15

King Kool wrote:...wait. I never saw a screen like this with all the achievements listed. Did you make this? Am I completely daft?

Go to the "My Challenges" page. All challenges that aren't seen are wiped when they clear challenges, and all accepted or denied challenges stay

Unfortunately, I blacked out sometime before the poster auction last night, but after Notch's auction. I remember going to sleep, but nothing before that. Slept for 13 hours, the longest I've slept in weeks. My sleep deprivation this week was totally worth it, though.

So many feels this DB... just... holy shit. I don't even have words. Just... thank you all. You're good people. Every last one of you.

The challenge for Cam to read from Night Vale got me to listen to Night Vale. I'm liking it so far.

QWERPline and Gay Bar just completely broke me. Like, I've rewatched QWERPline 2, 3 times now? And I still lose it at ASS the Musical.

And now comes the post-desertbus sadness. I there's a hole in my heart that can only be filled by sitting in a chatroom with 2000 other people watching a couple dozen others torturing themselves for the children. Ah well, I guess I'll have to do with 400-ish people and podcasts.
KyrieEleison
First Video: Desert Bus 5

Postby KyrieEleison » 23 Nov 2013, 23:29

TheMoatman wrote:QWERPline and Gay Bar just completely broke me. Like, I've rewatched QWERPline 2, 3 times now? And I still lose it at ASS the Musical.

QWERPline still breaks me every time I watch it. Especially once Alex falls out of the chair, because eventually you get to a point where watching them lose it is hilarious enough on its own.

I think part of why it's so funny is the slight emphasis change - it's like you can hear the all caps.
It's not epic unless it's dactylic hexameter.

landofanalie.wordpress.com
TheMoatman
First Video: How to LRR

Postby TheMoatman » 24 Nov 2013, 00:18

KyrieEleison wrote:
TheMoatman wrote:QWERPline and Gay Bar just completely broke me. Like, I've rewatched QWERPline 2, 3 times now? And I still lose it at ASS the Musical.

QWERPline still breaks me every time I watch it. Especially once Alex falls out of the chair, because eventually you get to a point where watching them lose it is hilarious enough on its own.

Yeah, it's the same reason why watching the Whose Line guys lose their shit is what can push a scene from good or great to out of the park.
KyrieEleison wrote:I think part of why it's so funny is the slight emphasis change - it's like you can hear the all caps.

Yeah, I haven't really been able to figure out how to type it yet. I think *ASS* might be enough. It's really hard to get tonal shifts into text
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 24 Nov 2013, 05:47

King Kool wrote:...wait. I never saw a screen like this with all the achievements listed. Did you make this? Am I completely daft?

I added the on the blog part but the rest is the standard challenge screen but its a little hidden.

First log in, then hover over your name to the right of the DB7 Logo, the third drop down menu is "my challenges"

There is a similar thing on the ap, if you log in, then go to the menu bar and select "my desert bus" followed by the selector at the top of the screen and select my challenges.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
simonAJ
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby simonAJ » 24 Nov 2013, 07:27

the awesomeness is rivaled only by the blurriness
i am the man who arranges the gifs that descend upon chat for desert bus
KyrieEleison
First Video: Desert Bus 5

Postby KyrieEleison » 24 Nov 2013, 08:57

Lord Hosk wrote:There is a similar thing on the ap

You mean there's an app? How have I not heard of this?

(Alternatively: Drink!)
It's not epic unless it's dactylic hexameter.

landofanalie.wordpress.com
Wolfwood723
First Video: Poker Before Dusk

Postby Wolfwood723 » 24 Nov 2013, 09:04

There's an app....are you sure?

*Checks on my Samsung Galaxy*

I don't know of this app you speak of.
ObiWan Canadian on twitch and XBL
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 24 Nov 2013, 11:49

I got my Joe Vollan playmat. :)
Large Image - Click to Expand

Just waiting on the 3 other things now. :)
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 24 Nov 2013, 20:20

For all the insane spamming that Chat did of my post, and the trouble that caused, my song challenge is still awesome.

I'm still amused by Graham's "How do you have any money left?" after I doubled my donation.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Dix
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Dix » 25 Nov 2013, 00:00

Fayili wrote:Finally. XD I've been trying for over a day to get Dashton performed. I think it went alright. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emdr6IcJq5w

Desert Bus 1,2,3,4,5,6,and 9 Chat mod
Desert Bus 007 and 8 Onsite Chat Mod
rhiannonE
First Video: I can't remember, something funny I bet

Postby rhiannonE » 25 Nov 2013, 03:17

I may have dreamed it, sleep time duting Desert Dus is not that great, but there was another news team. Does anyone have the video?
Thysane

Postby Thysane » 25 Nov 2013, 05:56

I missed the entirety of this year's desert bus, so I'm going through all the highlights in order whenever I get some free time. I just got to Alex's real-talk during his shift. WHY WAS I NOT WARNED OF THIS. The feels, man.
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 25 Nov 2013, 06:17

Im watching all the stuff I missed.

I think Alex needs to be limited to 12 hours in the moonbase, he went CRAZY.

like the joker crazy.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
plummeting_sloth
First Video: three PS3s

Postby plummeting_sloth » 25 Nov 2013, 07:59

It was a blast and a privilege folks. Now to pick up my yearly ritual of watching the whole thing through again on my own time and catching all the stuff I missed. Although, I'm afraid most of those gifs flooding the chat will now be permanently part of the aether
He habitually wears an expression as if he had determined to drive his head through a brick wall, and was about to do it (Description of U.S. Grant)
Elomin Sha wrote:I love the smell of napalm'd sloths in the morning.
Can't Wear Hats
Admiral Robocop
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby Can't Wear Hats » 25 Nov 2013, 08:29

Lord Hosk wrote:Im watching all the stuff I missed.

I think Alex needs to be limited to 12 hours in the moonbase, he went CRAZY.

like the joker crazy.

Seems normal to me.
"We're not on this asteroid for very long, let's be nice to one another." - Alex Steacy

LRL: http://imgur.com/a/EoMQz#0
Desert Bus 007: http://imgur.com/a/ikM5G#0
Desert Bus 8: http://imgur.com/a/ksPiS

Twitter | Twitch

empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 25 Nov 2013, 08:42

plummeting_sloth wrote:It was a blast and a privilege folks. Now to pick up my yearly ritual of watching the whole thing through again on my own time and catching all the stuff I missed. Although, I'm afraid most of those gifs flooding the chat will now be permanently part of the aether

You say that like it's a BAD thing. ;)

Yeah, spend one week trying to watch some of Desert Bus, and then spend the other fifty-one catching up on all the stuff that got missed due to silly things like 'work' and 'sleep'... :roll:
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 25 Nov 2013, 09:17

Man do I have some ideas! I cant wait for the survey to come out so I can tell them everything they did wrong, in their seventh run which raises half a million dollars

[–]Graham_LRR
plummeting_sloth

Postby plummeting_sloth » 25 Nov 2013, 09:25

empath wrote:
plummeting_sloth wrote:It was a blast and a privilege folks. Now to pick up my yearly ritual of watching the whole thing through again on my own time and catching all the stuff I missed. Although, I'm afraid most of those gifs flooding the chat will now be permanently part of the aether

You say that like it's a BAD thing. ;)

Yeah, spend one week trying to watch some of Desert Bus, and then spend the other fifty-one catching up on all the stuff that got missed due to silly things like 'work' and 'sleep'... :roll:

Well, the main issue is when the people I'm watching on the stream are commenting about things that I now know I will never, ever see! But, yeah, as personal little Desert Bus does good story, I've taken up exercising while I'm working my way through watching all of DB again. I've done it 3 years now and while it of course ends after I finish it in a few months or so, I still tend to be in a lot better shape over the holidays than I usually am because of it
He habitually wears an expression as if he had determined to drive his head through a brick wall, and was about to do it (Description of U.S. Grant)
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 25 Nov 2013, 10:26

Lord Hosk wrote:Man do I have some ideas! I cant wait for the survey to come out so I can tell them everything they did wrong, in their seventh run which raises half a million dollars

It's already up. I suggested a page that tracks any current donation drive or challenges, what you have tod do to get, and how long you have, so that way if they forget to mention it, people can still find that info out. Also, there was too much bussing crosstalk.
Image Image Image
plummeting_sloth

Postby plummeting_sloth » 25 Nov 2013, 10:28

I suggested that I be allowed to win more giveaways. Three years guys and you still haven't taken me up on that one! ;)
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 25 Nov 2013, 10:35

plummeting_sloth wrote:I suggested that I be allowed to win more giveaways. Three years guys and you still haven't taken me up on that one! ;)

Pff, I've been watching since Desert Bus 3, and I still haven't won anything either. 8)

(Well, I did manage to get a Steam code for a game I actually wanted from the chat this year, so that kind of counts.)
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
plummeting_sloth

Postby plummeting_sloth » 25 Nov 2013, 11:24

ah, you quick code imputers you. I got beat to mime
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 25 Nov 2013, 13:00

I won a thing, I was shocked. Wasn't expecting to and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it...
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 25 Nov 2013, 13:18

Auction it on the forums, donate the money to Child's Play? ;)

Also: So, I also won a thing; namely the right to come up with ten phrases or words for a mobile game called Let's Quip. (Which I think should be named Quip It, but fine, whatever.) It is entirely my intention to fill those spots with LRR or Desert Bus in jokes.

So apart from 'Hat Stats', what should be in there? "Creepy Doll"? "Damn it, Steve"? "... in England"?
Fenrir
First Video: LRRcast for Interrupted Garage

Postby Fenrir » 25 Nov 2013, 13:24

First off....you all are absolutely amazing. All the people involved in Desert Bus, everyone who I got to chat with in the IRC - all of you. Absolutely bloody amazing and I have the utmost respect for everyone involved in Desert Bus now. More so than I did previously.

Secondly....I had this idea. One I'd kind of been cooking up since DB6 that I thought might be a "fun" challenge for anyone wanting to raise money to go toward DB and/or just Child's Play in general. Haven't worked out all the details yet so I thought I'd throw it out there and see what people thought.

Ok, so, we all know how the guys *technically* aren't supposed to swear on stream and have to say "bus" instead, right? Well....what if that was a year long thing. What if, for one year, you couldn't swear and instead had to sub it for "bus"?

Think of it like a year long DB Swear Jar. Any time you swore, you'd put a set amount, and then at the end of each month you'd put in a set amount of your choosing based on....something. I don't know. I apologize for the train of thought post but I just wanted to put this out there....

Thoughts?

- Fenrir
"Sing something new, I have nothing left. I can't face the dark without you."

: Fenrir - DB IRC : LRRFenrir - TwitchTV : @the_dismuke - Twitter :

Return to “General Discussion”