There's (Probably) An App For That

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

There's (Probably) An App For That

Postby Duckay » 06 Jan 2014, 12:57

Whayeber globs of mobile device you own, if it runs apps, there's probably some point when you've wanted a recommendation on something. Or maybe there's an app you love that you want to recommend to everyone. Either way, this is the thread for that.

If you're recommending something or looking for something, please specify what device you're using!

To start things off, what's a good step-counter app for iPhone? I've been thinking that might be a good idea.
EikoandMog
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Re: There's (Probably) An App For That

Postby EikoandMog » 06 Jan 2014, 13:18

I've been in the market for a podcast manager for Android, myself.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 06 Jan 2014, 14:03

Duckay wrote:To start things off, what's a good step-counter app for iPhone? I've been thinking that might be a good idea.

There's an app called just "Pedometer" that's excellent. You need to pay for all the features, but it works fine free. Made by Runtastic.
GaProgMan
First Video: 1337 - 64K

Postby GaProgMan » 08 Jan 2014, 05:10

EikoandMog wrote:I've been in the market for a podcast manager for Android, myself.

I use Podcatcher deluxe, myself. It's pretty easy to use. My only gripe is that when podcasts that you subscribe to otherwise (asy through iTunes, or whatever) don't have a publicly available rss feed, it get's difficult to add them. But that's more of an issue with the podcasters rather than the podcathers.
Avatar image is part of Vanilla Jester's Draw-A-Thing series on LRR forumers
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 08 Jan 2014, 06:39

There are ways to get the raw RSS url out of an iTunes link (among others), but Apple certainly do what they can to make it painful to do so...

I currently use Podkicker, which is functional enough, but not the best thing ever... very bare-bones and the playlist mode is missing a lot of options (the only options are "add to bottom of playlist" and "remove from playlist"... no way to re-order, so if you accidentally remove something from the middle of the playlist, the only way to get it back is to remove everything that was below it, and then re-add them in order).

I used to use Google Listen, but apparently it used Reader under the hood, as it stopped working when they shut that down, so I just grabbed the first one I found in the Play store so I could keep up with mah stories. I've been meaning to check out some others to compare but never gotten around to it.
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
EikoandMog
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby EikoandMog » 13 Jan 2014, 02:41

phlip wrote:There are ways to get the raw RSS url out of an iTunes link (among others), but Apple certainly do what they can to make it painful to do so...

I currently use Podkicker, which is functional enough, but not the best thing ever... very bare-bones and the playlist mode is missing a lot of options (the only options are "add to bottom of playlist" and "remove from playlist"... no way to re-order, so if you accidentally remove something from the middle of the playlist, the only way to get it back is to remove everything that was below it, and then re-add them in order).

I used to use Google Listen, but apparently it used Reader under the hood, as it stopped working when they shut that down, so I just grabbed the first one I found in the Play store so I could keep up with mah stories. I've been meaning to check out some others to compare but never gotten around to it.

This is exactly what I'm looking for, thank you so much. :D
GaProgMan
First Video: 1337 - 64K

Postby GaProgMan » 13 Jan 2014, 11:21

phlip wrote:There are ways to get the raw RSS url out of an iTunes link (among others), but Apple certainly do what they can to make it painful to do so...

Ooh! That's ridiculously useful. Thanks.
Avatar image is part of Vanilla Jester's Draw-A-Thing series on LRR forumers

Return to “General Discussion”