Canadian Runners I desperatly need your assistace!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Canadian Runners I desperatly need your assistace!

Postby Lord Hosk » 30 Mar 2014, 07:28

Ok I may have overstated that a little.

There is a product called Vics Vitamin C drops, They are my ultimate super favorite, they were a comfort from home in Afghanistan I purchased several cases of them and hid them inside the company shipping container while we were packing it (with permission from the Supply Sergeant.)

They look like this.

They are still for sale in Canada but have been discontinues in these United States because of "poor sales" according to the email I got from them in response to my request. They wont even let my buy a few cases from them directly because of "deals with their distributors".

So here is my request, next time you are in a drug store, take a look and see if you see them, take them to the counter and ask if you can buy a case. I will be happy to pay you up front to buy and ship them to me.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Re: Canadian Runners I desperatly need your assistace!

Postby Tapir12 » 30 Mar 2014, 09:46

I'll have a look for them.
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
Chemistring

Postby Chemistring » 30 Mar 2014, 12:28

Fun fact, they're available at Walmart.ca and (per their website) in-store at the two Walmart stores nearest to me. Hosk, I don't know if you can purchase from the Canadian Walmart site but I can be a shipping address and forward on if that works for you. Or I can take a look at the closest store tomorrow.
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 30 Mar 2014, 12:44

I'll poke around Walmart/Shoppers as well. Apparently they're in-store around here too.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 30 Mar 2014, 12:57

Ohhhh, I *LOVE* THOSE; the cherry and lemon ones have some menthol, IIRC - but the orange are just for the citric acid nourishment. :)

*cracks knuckles, steps out of deli, goes around corner to pharmacy in next aisle, speaks with pharmacist*
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 30 Mar 2014, 13:58

Fill this man with juice. STAT!
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Postby Ptangmatik » 30 Mar 2014, 15:19

Set the juice loose, about his hoose
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 30 Mar 2014, 17:30

Empath... If you can do this... I will owe you one hug (and payment for the purchase and shipping)

I would prefer not to order from walmart if possible, they are evil. I will if I have to but I would like to avoid it if I can. Although I greatly appreciate each and every one of you looking.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
plummeting_sloth
First Video: three PS3s

Postby plummeting_sloth » 30 Mar 2014, 18:48

But it's Canadian Walmart, so it's a friendly, polite kind of evil.
He habitually wears an expression as if he had determined to drive his head through a brick wall, and was about to do it (Description of U.S. Grant)
Elomin Sha wrote:I love the smell of napalm'd sloths in the morning.
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Postby Prospero101 » 30 Mar 2014, 19:08

Yeah, they'll apologize for the inconvenience created by telling you to not report sexual harassment complaints.
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
auberginequeen
First Video: Rejected 'Get A Mac' Ads

Postby auberginequeen » 30 Mar 2014, 19:12

Canadian Walmart is a lot like American Walmart except without all the deals.

In which case you usually wander in, look around at the prices, and ask yourself, "Why did I even come here?"

Much like the rest of Canada...
empath

Postby empath » 30 Mar 2014, 19:40

What AQ said. :|
plummeting_sloth
First Video: three PS3s

Postby plummeting_sloth » 30 Mar 2014, 19:47

"Well folks, we tried rolling back prices in the US, so here's we're trying something new. We're rolling back expectations!"
He habitually wears an expression as if he had determined to drive his head through a brick wall, and was about to do it (Description of U.S. Grant)
Elomin Sha wrote:I love the smell of napalm'd sloths in the morning.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 30 Mar 2014, 19:57

To go off on a tangent for a moment, a friend of mine actually just quit his job at Walmart after worked there for a couple years. The straw that really broke the camels back was when he tried to call in sick with the flu, for what I believe was the first time ever, and was told that he would just be marked as having not shown up. Contrary to what I usually hear from people working in stores, the customers weren't much of a problem, but the management was apparently pretty awful.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Sieg Reyu

Postby Sieg Reyu » 30 Mar 2014, 21:04

Here is the problem with working at Wal-mart, it's a big case of "Too Many Chefs Spoil The Broth." I work as a Department Manage over Toys and Sporting Goods. Above me, there is a Zone Manager, who manages two Department Managers. Abover her, is an Assistant Manager, who manages two ZMs. Abover her, is One of our two Co-Manager, which three years later, is still not a position I fully understand, because above them is the Store Manager. The Store Manager is then in turn managed by the Market Supervisor, ad infinitum.

So the Market Manager comes in, says for a few things to get done that seems reasonable to her, and it trickles down, to the bottom. The Store Manger has some stuff, it trickles down, so on and so forth, and before long you've got a hefty To-Do list. And since they're only concerned with what they assigned you, they get mad when that one thing didn't get done, so they chew out the person below them, and it finally makes it's way to you, by which point the severity has grown exponentially. Now it makes sense to do what they ask for you to do first, but a lot of time it's piddly crap. Stuff that takes a lot of time and effort for very little impact. Meanwhile, you've got top-priority things that have to get done first, as dictated by company policy, namely helping customers, doing paperwork, price changes, etc.

So you make the right choice, even though it's going to mean possibly getting in trouble because the farther the ladder of command reaches the looser of a grip they have on reality, and the more they value their expectations.

But there is good news, my store just got a new Store Manager, and he seems really nice. First thing he did was go on a hiring spree so that we could finally get proper coverage. He took all of use DMs and had a "Airing of Grievances" meeting so that he could find out what problems he needed to fix without it coming back to bite us. I haven't seen any results from it yet, but it was only a week ago. But if it was anything to go by, my ZM might not be around much longer, or at least not in the same position. People who aren't even in her ares were complaining about her. If that happens, it'll be a huge weight off of my shoulders. And we have a new CEO, which means there is a chance that things will improve.
Image Image Image
empath

Postby empath » 31 Mar 2014, 13:26

Lord Hosk wrote:Empath... If you can do this... I will owe you one hug (and payment for the purchase and shipping)

I would prefer not to order from walmart if possible, they are evil. I will if I have to but I would like to avoid it if I can. Although I greatly appreciate each and every one of you looking.

Requisition submitted and approved; currently processing. 8)

I'm guessing the order will take a week to clear and deliver to the store; when I get them, I'll get in touch with you for shipping details. :)

Also, all our American friends - I wonder if a distributed 'campaign of interest' might make Vicks change their mind; something like
I used to see Vicks Vitamin C drops on my pharmacy shelf, but it's not there anymore. When I asked the store, they said it was discontinued. <something non-demanding or -confrontational like "I wish I'd gotten more when they were around">

Enough of those in varied places across the country, and maybe they'd rethink dropping the product?
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 31 Mar 2014, 14:03

SWEET! some random person in twitch chat told me about this. I assume they have nothing to do with you.

[–]Graham_LRR
empath

Postby empath » 02 Apr 2014, 12:40

Oh, and check your PM's 8)
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Postby Prospero101 » 02 Apr 2014, 12:43

I would just like to reiterate that empath is Batman.
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 02 Apr 2014, 14:52

/me now ponders what Canadian awesomeness I can get Empath to ship me...
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 02 Apr 2014, 15:05

I'd send you Kinder Eggs, but apparently US Customs doesn't like that.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
empath

Postby empath » 08 Apr 2014, 18:34

Yeah, about US Customs - the package has finally made is across the ice-clogged, wind-tossed Cabot Strait, and was scanned in in a shipping warehouse in New Brunswick. Just the border to clear, and then an easy run from Maine to its final destination! :D
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 08 Apr 2014, 21:39

Kinder Eggs are apparently bad because it's food with a non-food item inside. Apparently, according to law-makers, people could get confused, try to eat the non-food, and choke to death or something.

Because USAsians are stupid, apparently...
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 09 Apr 2014, 05:15

The law itself isn't dumb, it doesn't set an upper size limit that it applies to.

If the plastic inside of the Kinder Surprises was the size of a dime, for example, that would present a very serious choking hazard. Or if you had chocolate chip cookies with some plastic chocolate chips on it.

The law is sound in principle, it's just that Kinder Eggs are an outlier where the non-food item does not present a significant choking hazard.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
empath

Postby empath » 13 Apr 2014, 05:25

So, it only took about 6 hours to get through Can/US customs back on Thursday...last noted the package left Maumee, OH at 4am yesterday, and is expected to be delivered by "11:59pm" tomorrow - might want someone to keep an eye out (though my Inner Cynic™ is predicting a minor delay and it'll be delivered sometime on Tuesday ;) ).

Return to “General Discussion”