Professor's Pigglesworth Platforming adventure

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
d3fr0st5
First Video: Scientist's Rebuttal to ICP

Professor's Pigglesworth Platforming adventure

Postby d3fr0st5 » 15 Apr 2014, 15:52

*Name Pending*

Alright some of you guys might know me as... the creator of lrrbot, but I'm mostly a college student who's studying 3D modelling in game environment. I used to focus on programming but got kinda sick of it. Well since they made the joke about it on checkpoint I always felt like making a professor's pigglesworth game, and with summer starting by the end of the week and lrrbot stable and being maintained mostly by mrphlip since the upgrade to python, I felt like actually making the game. So I've got an old framework that my friends and I developed for a project in our first year of university and while it still need some work it's a pretty solid base to build a 2D platforming game.

I've already contacted Graham to make sure that it was okay to build something with professor's pigglesworth, and he gave a green light.

So here's my problem, I kind of suck at 2D art and music. So I'm looking for people that are interested in this project of mine, this is all fan work so there is no money that is going to be made, and while I'd love to be able to actually give some kind of remuneration for the work done I'm not in a financial position that allow me to do so. Currently I'm looking for 1 or 2 artist so if you're interested send me a copy of your portfolio and what you envision a professor's pigglesworth platforming adventure *name pending* would look like. As for musician just send point me to a place where I can listen to some of your songs. I've got some friends that offered some help already but I'd like to keep this in the community as much as I can.

If you think you could contribute to this project in an other way please let me know but currently I don't think I'll need other programmers, game designers, or other position but if you're interested let me know.

While I plan this to be a fairly extensive project it's still one that seems extremely interesting. If you were wondering the framework I'm using is written in c++ and uses OpenGL, there's a lot in it that need to be changed and/or fixed but with it I plan on being done late June / early July. And while I've said previously that I am specializing in 3D modelling I've got a very strong knowledge of game programming and I love programming as a hobby.

Return to “General Discussion”