Game of Thrones (Contains spoilers)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Re: Game of Thrones (Contains spoilers)

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 29 Jun 2016, 15:31

They omitted travelling sequences to get into the action. But it leads to hilarious observations of characters having pocket worm holes.
Yes, time passes, even in an episode. But it's hilarious seeing things in the final scene having no logical reason to be there unless months have passed.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 29 Jun 2016, 20:20

Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:SPOILER

That's way too good.

As for the season, this was the first time I actually watched a current one, rather than waiting for the DVD. Have to say, it's nice getting all the jokes and not being afraid to go on Twitter, but not so keen on the waiting between episodes. :P
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Necabo
First Video: an lrr vid on the escapist spring 2011

Postby Necabo » 30 Jun 2016, 08:15

Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:They omitted travelling sequences to get into the action. But it leads to hilarious observations of characters having pocket worm holes.
Yes, time passes, even in an episode. But it's hilarious seeing things in the final scene having no logical reason to be there unless months have passed.

I always found that the most confusing thing in the books, they would skip around the timeline following one character and then returning to another (sometimes future) point in the timeline. although they do a better job of at least dropping references to connect it to when events happen, the show kind of just glances over it sometimes.
ImageImage

Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 30 Jun 2016, 10:31

Necabo wrote:
Merrymaker_Mortalis wrote:They omitted travelling sequences to get into the action. But it leads to hilarious observations of characters having pocket worm holes.

I always found that the most confusing thing in the books, they would skip around the timeline following one character and then returning to another (sometimes future) point in the timeline. although they do a better job of at least dropping references to connect it to when events happen, the show kind of just glances over it sometimes.

The Tyrells have their ships in the fleet, in addition to magical Varys.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 30 Jun 2016, 16:56

Game of Thrones is hardly the only adaptation that lost the sense of passage of time. The events of the Lord of the Rings (from Biblo's party to Frodo and Bilbo's departure from the Grey Havens) takes twenty years. The main events of the novel - from when Gandalf tests the Ring in Frodo's fire to the death of Saruman take place over the course of 18 months. What seems like a day or two of travel in the movies takes several weeks in the book.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 01 Jul 2016, 02:05

For me, in the movies it's less jarring since you expect it. You see the distance they need to travel.
Whilst in the last episode, certain characters magically travelled across a continent.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 07 Jul 2016, 14:11

Well, it's been announced that filming of Season Seven will be done later than normal. Reason: Winter has come so they need to film in snow. No word when filming will start or a release date. I guess June/July.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 24 Jul 2017, 03:08

Big plays.
Merrymaker_Mortalis

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 08 Aug 2017, 01:43

It's like they realized time was running out to conclude the story, so every episode has a big play.

Return to “General Discussion”