Vacation!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Dana

Vacation!

Postby Dana » 06 Oct 2006, 22:58

So, I am currently unwinding after the longest vacation I have had since I was in high school (which was a bloody long time ago, I tell you), and I have to say that I had an awesome time. I went to Victoria with Kathleen, saw some jelly fish, fed a seal, threw some rocks, and received an offer to be peed on. Also, Kathleen and I went to Seattle for a Muse concert, which was amazing (they played Feeling good :shock: ).

The best part though, was going to the Science Fiction museum in Seattle. Despite the overwhelming Star Trek presence in the museum, and relative lack of Doctor Who stuff (which was understandable, but still disappointing), the Science Fiction museum totally rocked my face. The Moral of this Story is that if you are ever in Seattle, you should check this place out. It has costumes, Darth Vader's helmet and lightsabre, the manuscript for the Baroque Cycle, a newspaper from right after the original War of the Worlds radio broadcast...and a ton of other shit that I cannot tell you about on account of you would never stop reading this post.

Anyway, since my vacation was so totally awesome, I am feeling curious, and I think that other people should post about awesome vacations that they have had. Well, all right, to tell the truth, I really want ideas for my next vacation, so I can be lazy and do very little planning.
"I swear it," said the other mother. "I swear it on my own mother's grave."

"Does she have a grave?" asked Coraline.

"Oh yes," said the other mother. "I put her in there myself. And when I found her trying to crawl out, I put her back."
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 06 Oct 2006, 23:02

I went on vacation to Seattle when I popped out. I've been here ever since. I love it.
<3 Seattle, GLAD YOU ENJOYED OUR AMAZING CITY! :D
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Dana

Postby Dana » 06 Oct 2006, 23:06

It was my first time out of Canada and into the US, and I must say that I was pleased with my experiences there. Free Ride zones on the buses rocked, and I saw an awesomely hideous drag queen.

The exits off of the I-5 are a bit odd though.

"Oh yes," said the other mother. "I put her in there myself. And when I found her trying to crawl out, I put her back."
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 06 Oct 2006, 23:18

Really? They don't seem odd to me. Maybe cause I've lived here my whole life lol.
Where did you go besides the Science Fiction Museum?
aimes

Postby aimes » 07 Oct 2006, 08:35

Dana wrote:It was my first time out of Canada and into the US, and I must say that I was pleased with my experiences there. Free Ride zones on the buses rocked, and I saw an awesomely hideous drag queen.

The exits off of the I-5 are a bit odd though.

we have drag queens in canada too! there are at least three in comox! and man are they ever hideous...
one is called "suzy" and he/she shops in thriftys
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Postby Kathleen » 07 Oct 2006, 09:07

All the drag queens I've seen in Vancouver are a little more put together.
Other great stuff about this trip: stayed with a very good friend of Jhonen Vasquez, James showed us Dick's (we tasted Dick's as well!), hella roadtrip fun.
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
Morgan
LRR Crew

Postby Morgan » 07 Oct 2006, 10:57

i'm just gonna keep my comments to myself.
Tensen01
Sketchasaurus Rex
First Video: Who Watches Movies?

Postby Tensen01 » 07 Oct 2006, 11:42

My best vacation was straight outta high school

My parents and I took the train all the way from here in Colorado up to Pennsylvania.

But the highlight was going up into Canada and taking the train all the way from Toronto to Vancouver. God is that some pretty country.

I seriously want to do it again.
zathan

Postby zathan » 07 Oct 2006, 12:33

Best vacation I had was my 8 day trip from Victoria to Anaheim, California two years ago for Anime Expo. I have to warn you though, the bathrooms in the truck stops in souther Cali are pretty horrific. But, the most interesting story we have of the trip if driving through this little town in Oregon called Myrtle Creek. It was about 1am, nothing was open, no one was outside and the biggest store in the town that we could see was the saw shop. It kinda freaked us out, because there were all these Christian references everywhere. We throught we had entered the propper setting for a horror movie.

Medford wasn't much better, but by 2am we had to sleep. Next year hopefully it will be a train ride from Vancouver or Seattle to Baltimore.
It is time to stop and plan
If the world were taken over tomorow
By Pink Jello
Where would you fit in?
RAIC
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby RAIC » 07 Oct 2006, 13:30

The best vacation I had was probably the schooltrip to Prague. We went there for a short week, but it was so totally awesome, because all my friends went to Prague (we could chose different cities like Rome, Barcalona or London).
Funny thing was, dealers asked us 9 times in 3 days if we wanted weed. We were like, no, we're dutch! We can get safer quality, it's cheaper AND it's legal! We asked one guy how much it costed. It was 200 CZK, wich is 10 canadian dollars per gram. And he told us if we became regular costumers we would get 1 gram free! :lol: We were like, whats next? A costumers card?!
But the city is SO pretty, it's my favorite European city. The Jewish getto, the old downtown. So many historic buldings and musea.
We also went to Terezìn, wich was a concentration camp, near Prague, during WOII. I'll never forget that, it really impressed me.

A few pictures are on my DeviantArt account (Damn, I really need to update my DA)
tak197 wrote:Guys! A Good Looking Ginger DUDE! We have the internet equivalent of a unicorn in our presence.
Stephen_S

Postby Stephen_S » 07 Oct 2006, 14:48

zathan wrote: I have to warn you though, the bathrooms in the truck stops in souther Cali are pretty horrific. .

Don't go to Philadelphia, then Zathan. The gas station owners won't even let you USE their restrooms. You have to drive around until you find a shopping centre or a port-a-potty.
Le grá,

Steve
Stephen_S

Re: Vacation!

Postby Stephen_S » 07 Oct 2006, 14:51

Dana wrote:The best part though, was going to the Science Fiction museum in Seattle.

Dang, how did I miss that Science Fiction Museum? Sci-Fi is my favourite genre. I guess I was concentrating more on the aviation side. BTW, welcome back, Dana.
Le grá,

Steve
Dana

Postby Dana » 07 Oct 2006, 15:41

JesterJ. wrote:Really? They don't seem odd to me. Maybe cause I've lived here my whole life lol.
Where did you go besides the Science Fiction Museum?

In BC, our freeways have exits on the riht-hand side of the lanes, instead of on the right and the left, so it was a bit weird. We were only in the States for a day, so we didn't really get to see too much. James took us for a quick walking tour, and we saw some neat things...but yeah, it was fun.

Stephen_S

Postby Stephen_S » 07 Oct 2006, 19:57

Dana wrote:In BC, our freeways have exits on the riht-hand side of the lanes, instead of on the right and the left, so it was a bit weird.

I don't know how it is in BC, but you can usually tell which side of the freeway the exit is going to be. If you see the exit name with an exit number on the top, then look at which side the number is on. If it's on the left, the exit will be on the left. If it's on the right, it'll be on the right.
Le grá,

Steve
Dana

Postby Dana » 07 Oct 2006, 20:58

They are all on the right here, at least the ones I have seen. It's nice, because you can decide to stay in the lane near the exits, and not have to fight through lanes of traffic to get to the exit.

JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 07 Oct 2006, 21:45

SOO Glad you got to taste Dick's. There was one about 2 minutes away from my Middle School, I went there sooo often after school. But now I'm gonna have to get someone to drive me, considering I'm about 2 miles from that middle school. But we got some other good places by my high school. (well THAT was completley irrelevant.)

Anyways, glad you got to taste Seattle's Dick's. Delicious place if I ever knew one.
Dana

Postby Dana » 07 Oct 2006, 21:47

I have to admit that I did enjoy the taste of Seattle Dick's.

JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 07 Oct 2006, 21:52

Lol. FUN STORY.

A long long two years ago, me and my friend were sitting outside of a Dick's, and these two 6th graders walk by, and they say "Do you like Dick's?" and I ecstatically and loudly said "I LOVE BIG FAT JUICY DICKS! THE 'SPECIAL SAUCE' IS DELICIOUS!" and the 6th graders said "GOT YOU!!! HAHAHAHA"
I was just like thinking "Wow....get the fuck out of my gene pool."
Anyways. reminded me of that. But yeah, Dick's Deluxe=love.
zathan

Postby zathan » 07 Oct 2006, 23:51

No phili? Hmm... that might be dissappointing. I guess I could always just fly there. Or take the train like I am planning for Baltimore. Or just skip it all together, but that might not be very fun.

By Pink Jello

Where would you fit in?
Stephen_S

Postby Stephen_S » 08 Oct 2006, 00:32

zathan wrote:No phili? Hmm... that might be dissappointing. I guess I could always just fly there. Or take the train like I am planning for Baltimore. Or just skip it all together, but that might not be very fun.

Well, if you do go to Philly, make sure you stop at Pat's Steaks. They make the best Philly Cheesesteak sandwich. No one can beat it.

Make sure you get it with Cheez Wiz.
Le grá,

Steve
zathan

Postby zathan » 09 Oct 2006, 10:36

Remembered

By Pink Jello

Where would you fit in?
Kwiksilva

Postby Kwiksilva » 10 Oct 2006, 14:13

Kathleen wrote:All the drag queens I've seen in Vancouver are a little more put together.
Other great stuff about this trip: stayed with a very good friend of Jhonen Vasquez, James showed us Dick's (we tasted Dick's as well!), hella roadtrip fun.

You are now my hero *swoons*
Nutella is quite possibly the second coming of Christ in spreadable form. -Graham
Dana

Postby Dana » 10 Oct 2006, 18:30

Heh, Chris knows the PA guys as well.

Return to “General Discussion”