Boycott Anti-Skeleton Bigot Alex Steacy

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Viking_Sleyheron
First Video: Three PS3s

Re: Boycott Anti-Skeleton Bigot Alex Steacy

Postby Viking_Sleyheron » 10 Oct 2014, 06:02

MetricFurlong wrote:Urgh, this topic. It makes me sick, frankly. Seems nowadays you can't even say perfectly innocent things like 'boneheaded' without an army of Skeleton Justice Warriors jumping down your throat.
I for one fully support Alex for bravely choosing to speak his mind in the face of this rampant Necromantic Correctness.

Ahem! "Applied Post-life" correctness or "skin-impaired lifeform" correctness is the preferred terms I think!
I HATE those stupid birds!

Vir prudent non contraventum mingit!
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 10 Oct 2014, 09:18

Let's clear up some confusion here; we may be arguing about different things:

THIS is a non-sentient summoned 'bone golem' which is the tool of a necromancer. It is dextrous enough to wield a bow (with annoying accuracy) but cannot speak, not that it has anything to communicate, anyway.

THIS is Mortimer Rictusgrin, passed soul who was punished for lies that caused others' deaths by being used to animate a skull that was part of a large pillar of similar skulls in 'hell'; he is sentient, acerbic and witty.

This skeleton again has no individual name, nor any means of interacting or communicating with its world apart from hacking at it with its axes. Presumably animated as part of a mindless horde of minions for the Lord of Terror.

This is Manuel Calavera, departed soul consigned (for unexplained sins or other reasons) to act as a 'Travel Agent' for the recently departed. Ambitious, competitive and sarcastic characterize how he interacts with his world.

...starting to see a pattern here?

Look, I get that some animated piles of bones may be instilled with a sentience or the soul of a previously living entity, but Animate Dead is a third-level spell, while Create Undead is a SIXTH-level spell, and even with the latter able to create 'intelligent undead', often said creations are still evil, malicious and violently antagonistic to a near-mindless extent.

So if I see a 'body with no flesh' approaching me at speed, a weapon in its grasp readied for an attack, I'm not going to try sweet-talking this attacker, or attempt to open a dialogue with the intent of gaining understanding between one another, I'm turning it into bonemeal.

...that said, this rule of mine applies equally to 'fleshy' beings as well, so don't feel singled out.
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 10 Oct 2014, 10:06

Viking_Sleyheron wrote:
MetricFurlong wrote:Urgh, this topic. It makes me sick, frankly. Seems nowadays you can't even say perfectly innocent things like 'boneheaded' without an army of Skeleton Justice Warriors jumping down your throat.
I for one fully support Alex for bravely choosing to speak his mind in the face of this rampant Necromantic Correctness.

Ahem! "Applied Post-life" correctness or "skin-impaired lifeform" correctness is the preferred terms I think!
The other week I was *this* close to making a Skeleton Justice Warrior twitter account and trolling Alex. Great minds, I guess.
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 10 Oct 2014, 10:09

empath wrote:Look, I get that some animated piles of bones may be instilled with a sentience or the soul of a previously living entity, but Animate Dead is a third-level spell, while Create Undead is a SIXTH-level spell, and even with the latter able to create 'intelligent undead', often said creations are still evil, malicious and violently antagonistic to a near-mindless extent.

So if I see a 'body with no flesh' approaching me at speed, a weapon in its grasp readied for an attack, I'm not going to try sweet-talking this attacker, or attempt to open a dialogue with the intent of gaining understanding between one another, I'm turning it into bonemeal.
This sounds suspiciously like a skeletal stand-your-ground law. A convenient loophole for necro-haters to act on their prejudices without ramifications.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 10 Oct 2014, 10:33

Please, attack me with your fleshy body and test how my self-preservation instincts are 'prejudiced against 'skin-impaired lifeforms' are.

I MOTHERFUCKING DARE YOU ASSHOLE. :evil:

I judge you ON YOUR GODDAMN ACTIONS, NOT HOW YOU LOOK, YOU SUPERFICIAL TWIT.
Viking_Sleyheron
First Video: Three PS3s

Postby Viking_Sleyheron » 10 Oct 2014, 11:23

Well Empath, I feel you might not be quite as empathic to our post-mortem cultured bone-friends, but at least you are willing to base your assumptions on more than just superficial observations.

I too would probably not just give my life to a rampaging life-and-flesh-impaired, such rampant anti-flesh hate they can talk does get under my skin!
I HATE those stupid birds!

Vir prudent non contraventum mingit!
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 15 Oct 2014, 23:49

Apparently, there's a Skeleton War coming and I just want to say that Alex predicted it.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Postby Ptangmatik » 16 Oct 2014, 00:13

empath wrote:Image

I must admit, I can empathise with this skeleton, as I once had a similar problem.

It drove me nuts. : - D
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 17 Oct 2014, 11:41

I'm just going to leave this right here.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.

Return to “General Discussion”