LRR Community Streamer

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Antitonic
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Re: LRR Community Streamer

Postby Antitonic » 01 Oct 2015, 07:19

Sorry for the double-post but I have some actual news for the, like 2 or 3 people that'll be affected.

My Sunday stream will be my last for a while. To borrow a wrestling turn of phrase, I've lost my smile. I'm getting burnt out on playing games to begin with, and streaming on top is feeling like an insurmountable chore more than something I enjoy. I mean, I know I'm not the most talkative, enjoyable sort of personality at the best of times, but I've found I'm looking at the time to see if I could stop at an increasing rate, and it's getting to me.

So, I will be back, because I'm not going to let this beat me, but I need to recharge. Metaphorically retire to an island, and rediscover my drive and passion.

But for now, school is out.
J_S_Bach
First Video: I honestly can't remember.

Postby J_S_Bach » 01 Oct 2015, 10:42

Antitonic wrote:J_S_Bach, Zyme, and JBRedPhoenix, I've added your streams to the calendar as best I could. There were some missing details, so if anything needs to change let me know.

Also, if you have a gmail address, you can be added to the calendar so you can change it yourselves :P

Thanks Antitonic! The gmail address associated with my stream is [email protected]
Anaerin
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby Anaerin » 04 Oct 2015, 16:50

New feature added (by request) to ghost_of_leg_bot: Barks!
Simpler than stats and counts, these messages can be triggered by command, or on a timer (or both).

Usage:

!bark add <command> "<message>" <Mods only flag, true or false> [Interval (in minutes, optional)]

If the interval is set (to anything above 0), the message will be repeated that many minutes. For technical reasons, changing any bark in your channel will re-set this timer.

To remove:

!bark remove <command>

This will also clear the timer, if one is requested.

!barks (or !bark list) will report all barks currently defined for the channel.

and !bark help will give a short usage summary.

Advices are now listed in random order on the editing page (randomized each visit) to help reduce later advices not being voted on. Pagination is not something I'm going to consider server-side, but I might finagle something client-side if the list gets too unwieldy. I may also implement lower starting values and auto-removal for items voted way down (-5 or less).

Let me know what you think, and do feel free to request any other ideas or improvements you might have. They might just make it in.
unpronounceable
First Video: A Stitch in Time

Postby unpronounceable » 04 Oct 2015, 19:39

I sometimes stream, but really infrequently. Is it kosher to announce a stream here, or is there another thread for one-off streams?
Anaerin

Postby Anaerin » 11 Oct 2015, 10:33

And now ghost_of_leg_bot has support for whispers. It'll attempt to whisper error messages and anything that's not of general interest to you, rather than spamming the chat, and some commands (!live, !nextlrr, !nextfan, things like that) also work through whispers.

If it is blocked from whispering to you (that is an option, incidentally, check the security settings for your account), it will reply in the channel you messaged it. If you whispered to it, and it can't whisper in reply, it will find the first channel you both have in common and message you there. And if it can't find one... Well, then there's nothing it can do and it silently fails.
JBRedPhoenix
First Video: Something along the lines of TTC???

Postby JBRedPhoenix » 13 Oct 2015, 20:54

Antitonic wrote:J_S_Bach, Zyme, and JBRedPhoenix, I've added your streams to the calendar as best I could. There were some missing details, so if anything needs to change let me know.

Also, if you have a gmail address, you can be added to the calendar so you can change it yourselves :P

Thank you Antitonic.
fyi just read that... WOw thats early... I guess not to conflict with other streamers right?

im usually not up prior to 7am and have evening/night work so my body doesnt get up before 9am... I could try but it would require Coffee...
oh wait thats 8am where i live...

better.
it'll be an adjustment

SEE YOU NEXT TUESDAY!
The Reddest of Phoenixs

also gmail: [email protected]
Something witty goes here...
Current MTG Decks:
Atraxa Superfriends
Opus Thief Breya
Revel In Riches Kess
Big Mana Kruphix
"BICYCLES" Hanna
"Turn Up (Kamen Rider Blade reference)" Kadena

I STREAM! twitch.tv/RedPhoenixCasts
Antitonic

Postby Antitonic » 14 Oct 2015, 01:25

You didn't put a timezone, so I worked it as best I could. If it needs to change, it's an easy fix.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 16 Oct 2015, 11:02

I'm considering adding a scheduled stream each Friday from 6 PM to 9 PM US Eastern time (3 PM to 6 PM Moonbase time). I posting this to gauge interest in people being able to watch at that time. :-) It'd be mostly PC FPS games from the early to mid 2000s, with occasional departures into platforming maybe. Worst case: I could play some MtGO casually.

Another thing is that, if I stream regularly, I'll get regular viewers... As such, it'd be easier to get streaming tips. However, I've yet to come up with anything to give to the people who donate. How could I thank the VIP members of my up-and-coming Chat? Braincase has Catnip, which gets used for things. Alex draws stuff for tips. Kathleen gives silly commercials. I'm not creative in any manner, though, so I don't know what I could give people or do for people.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

JBRedPhoenix

Postby JBRedPhoenix » 16 Oct 2015, 14:19

Just an update for this coming Tuesday, I'll be working, but will have Cookie Clicker on stream... As of right now no-one will be piloting that stream... but as soon as I get back i'll be continuing my quest on League of Legends: Trinity Caitlyn and Vampiric Ashe.

Probably gonna be a bad time change but keep checking back, consistancy is what im working on as well as an xbone for "Forza Fridays" Streams. That's currently in the build.

Secondly... IF YOU GUYS WANT IT, I will be doing a straight up, "Talking stuff and making cards" Stream when my work isnt filled with Blue Jays baseball and Calgary Flames Hockey... I'm working on set dates and times this will happen but nothing so far. Please let me know if you want to see this HAPPEN!

Anywho... Tuesday's stream will still fire just with me... at work. :/ I know. Thats the industry for you. Apologies ahead of time!

I'll pop in the chat if my work is effing slow on tuesday. If not... Enjoy the music, request songs you'll want to hear (Seriously please do! my secondary playlist is tiny as eff.) and chat with others.

See ya tuesday!
Jojo Barrientos aka JBRedPhoenix
Current MTG Decks:
Atraxa Superfriends
Opus Thief Breya
Revel In Riches Kess
Big Mana Kruphix
"BICYCLES" Hanna

Anaerin

Postby Anaerin » 18 Oct 2015, 22:25

Yet more ghost_of_leg_bot update news.

After a little work, leg_bot has now been upgraded to be database agnostic, that is, it can run on SQLite (as it used to) or MySQL (as it now does). I might look into ensuring it can also run on PostgreSQL, but that's something I have absolutely no experience in. Might need a little tweaking for that.

Why did I do this? Because of another new feature: Seen. Yes, the bot keeps track of when people spoke last, and can tell you concisely. For instance:
<anaerin> !seen chemistring
<ghost_of_leg_bot> Last saw chemistring 6 hours ago, in hpbraincase's room

It also works via whisper. So if you're looking for someone, you can now tell where they were last active. At least, for channels that ghost_of_leg_bot is in.

Also: A minor undocumented feature - if you whisper ghost_of_leg_bot !join, it will join your channel, in much the same way going into #ghost_of_leg_bot and saying !join will. And !part works the same way too. Enjoy!

I've said it before, but I'll say it again, if there are any features you would like in ghost_of_leg_bot, let me know and I'll see what I can do. :)
TStodden
First Video: Checkpoint #067: Final Fantasy Apology
Location: Siouxland Empire, USA, Earth, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way Galaxy

Postby TStodden » 19 Oct 2015, 00:20

HP's using DeepBot as DJ_Meowmix's core ($5 / mo donation for all the bells & whistles), so that's mostly automated... which I'm tempted to pick up as well, since it seems to be a highly used, highly configurable bot on Twitch.

HOWEVER, since my scheduled broadcast is 2a - 4a CT (Midnight - 2a Moonbase Time) Tuesday mornings... I know my desired viewership will be on the low side that may not warrant the cost. I am considering adding another broadcast to my schedule, but getting a format arranged (beside semi-random games... have considered something multiplayer) is something I'm struggling with besides a reasonable time slot (trying not to compete with fellow streamers & LRL, if I can avoid it).
~TStodden
(Going Text based as Photobucket is being a jerk)
qrpth
First Video: iPotato

Postby qrpth » 19 Oct 2015, 01:55

After a little work, leg_bot has now been upgraded to be database agnostic, that is, it can run on SQLite (as it used to) or MySQL (as it now does). I might look into ensuring it can also run on PostgreSQL, but that's something I have absolutely no experience in.

MySQL is toilets. Use Postgres. MySQL has features like utf8mb4 you discover after it has silently corrupted your database.

Code: Select all

< qrpth> !explain Desert Bus 2
<@​lrrbot> James Turner
Antitonic

Postby Antitonic » 19 Oct 2015, 05:03

TStodden wrote:HP's using DeepBot as DJ_Meowmix's core ($5 / mo donation for all the bells & whistles), so that's mostly automated... which I'm tempted to pick up as well, since it seems to be a highly used, highly configurable bot on Twitch.

If it helps, I find that $5 a month is a low enough cost to have my channel host basically anyone at times I wouldn't normally be able to trigger it manually. Once more functionality gets built-in (and I resume streaming :P ), I could see using it more than I do.
Anaerin

Postby Anaerin » 19 Oct 2015, 19:31

qrpth wrote:
After a little work, leg_bot has now been upgraded to be database agnostic, that is, it can run on SQLite (as it used to) or MySQL (as it now does). I might look into ensuring it can also run on PostgreSQL, but that's something I have absolutely no experience in.

MySQL is toilets. Use Postgres. MySQL has features like utf8mb4 you discover after it has silently corrupted your database.

Thanks for the warning. The DB is converted to utf8mb4 (which is a stupid name if you ask me). I didn't/am not using PSQL because I don't know it (at all) and I wouldn't know where to start for converting the DB and the like.

Deepbot is good, but if you can host your own, you can use PhantomBot, which is free and quite expandable using simple JavaScript scripts (one or two I have written)
TStodden
Location: Siouxland Empire, USA, Earth, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way Galaxy

Postby TStodden » 19 Oct 2015, 20:50

For Twitch bots, if I can run them remotely on my LAN (as my old desktop is pretty much sitting idle since I've gotten my Alienware Alpha)... it would be great as I'm trying to keep streaming resources to OBS, the game I'm playing & Twitch chat (which I can throw to my tablet for monitoring, as needed).

I've looked at PhantomBot before, but I'd probably need to dig into the help files before I try to use it... I'd probably avoid making my own scripts since my JavaScript knowledge has rusted through (would have to grab my old textbook from my parent's place to get back to at least a basic level).
~TStodden
rerout
First Video: Paper Boy

Postby rerout » 24 Oct 2015, 04:37

Finally going to get back into streaming, stopped for a while because the time I set just got too hectic with work.

I'll planning on streaming every Monday at 8am-10am Eastern time. Although this Monday(26th) I have the day off and am going to stream all day until Halo 5 drops at midnight.

Looking at the schedule it looks like I might conflict with Senstaku but these are the only hours that I have that won't mess with my schedule. If I need to tweak the hours I can, but I don't have much room with my work hours.

My Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rerout343
Twitter,for stream notifications https://twitter.com/rerout343(Doubt anyone needs this but figured I'd post it just in case)
JBRedPhoenix

Postby JBRedPhoenix » 06 Nov 2015, 15:50

Hey guys, Starting next tuesday, ill be adding 2 more days of streaming with my Xbox One! here are the new days! again this will be work/life dependant but I'll give you Plenty of heads up before then.

Thursday Morning 9am MST/8am Moonbase Time
Saturday Morning 9am MST/8am Moonbase Time

The usual tuesday morning will stay at it's usual time of 10am MST/ 9am Moonbase time

I'll be streaming these games MOSTLY:
Black Ops 3
Forza Motorsports 6
Borderlands: Handsome Jack Collection

Hope to see you guys soon, and DO let me know if you're a LRR fan, i will have something for you guys!!! LATER!
Current MTG Decks:
Atraxa Superfriends
Opus Thief Breya
Revel In Riches Kess
Big Mana Kruphix
"BICYCLES" Hanna

Valliac
First Video: Unskippable - Lost Planet

Postby Valliac » 15 Nov 2015, 11:18

My stream is at www.twitch.tv/Valliac
Scheduled time: Currently Mon/Wed/Fri, 7:30/8pm CST.
Chance for bonus streams? Yes
Twitter notifcations? @MinionStarwind
Website with calendar? It's on the twitch, but no calendar.
"Also known as a 'Trigger-operated EVERYONE deterrent'."
Streaming at: http://www.twitch.tv/Valliac

Antitonic

Postby Antitonic » 10 Dec 2015, 08:11

I think I've caught up with everything, after getting a rather out-of-context email about it ( :P ) so please check if everything is, in fact, up to date.

Also, make sure if you want to be added to the calendar, you contact Caffeinated Lemur, given that he actually owns the calendar. I'm just helping as I can, but I'm not sure I can hit the same options he could, if it matters. Like letting people change times or adding bonus streams, that type of thing.
Anaerin

Postby Anaerin » 24 Dec 2015, 20:51

Well, ghost_of_leg_bot has another update.

Dice rolling is now in: !roll <die>, for example !roll 2d20+10

Also, ghost_of_leg_bot now has websockets support. Open ws://ghostoflegbot.website/ws/<channel> and it'll give you JSON object events when they happen ( {action: 'GameUpdated', game: 'GameName'} and {action: 'StatUpdated', stat: 'StatName', value: 0} ) which you can use to keep an overlay up-to-date instantly. The game will be updated instantly if it's overridden, or as soon as ghost_of_leg_bot notices (which should be close to instant, thanks to it's watching Twitch chat for ROOMSTATE updates).

I've also written a HTML/JS (with a tiny node.js shim server to handle websockets communication between the streaming view and the streamer) overlay. That's written as some (simple) JS objects, and is available at https://github.com/Anaerin/leg_bot.overlay - feel free to fork, or submit pull requests. I'll be updating it over time. It also supports new follower notifications and donation notifications (if you use streamtip), though that has to be set up with a secrets.js file, which isn't included. It also (attempts to) handle webcams, though changing the CLR browser settings in OBS (Adding "--enable-media-stream" in the command-line arguments for it) is required. It hasn't been tested in XSplit, but beyond the webcam support it's all reasonably basic HTML and Javascript, so it should be all good.

Let me know if you have any comments,
Mums
First Video: Checkpoint "Socially inept"

Postby Mums » 20 Feb 2016, 16:27

I've started streaming a bit, since yesterday. No regular schedule yet. Will stream tonight. I'll be going XCOM2 on veteran Iron Man. If people aren't sick of all Cams deaths they can watch. I'd be glad to name a probably not long lived fighter after you.

My stream is at http://www.twitch.tv/mums_
Scheduled time: None for the moment.
Chance for bonus streams? Yes
Twitter notifcations? Oh, I should probably get to that.
Website with calendar? Nothing yet.
Sit down. Get ready. Sit down again!

The perfectly lying, lying bastad!
TStodden

Postby TStodden » 22 Feb 2016, 00:28

This is just a little quickie deal... but if anybody is interested in slapping a group logo / icon on your streams... have at it.

This is something I whipped up in GIMP after grabbing a little clip art. If any major changes are needed (like darkening the 2nd running for contrast or something) or if you want the original file, just ask.

Supplemental: The proposed logo has transparency to help minimize screen space... Possibly using it as a watermark (with 50% opacity with OBS or XSplit) for best results
~TStodden
Anaerin

Postby Anaerin » 11 Mar 2016, 01:03

Okay, I'm working on a (much requested) quote system for ghost_of_leg_bot, but I have a question for those that are going to be using it (With strawpolls to collect the replies)

Do you want a central library of quotes from everyone, or only to have quotes from your chat?

Do you care during what game a quote was logged?

How would you like to be able to search quotes?

That should do it, for now, I think. Let me know if you have any comments or suggestions.

[UPDATE]
Your votes have been tallied, and ghost_of_leg_bot now has quote functionality!

Usage - Click to Expand

!quote

Returns a random quote.

!quote count

Returns the number of quotes available.

!quote <number>

Returns the specified quote. For example: !quote 3

!quote bytext <search string>

Searches the quotes for something with "<Search String>" in it, and returns a random matching result. For example: !quote bytext flying monkeys

!quote byauthor <author name>

Searches for quotes written by <author name> and returns a random result. For example: !quote byauthor senstaku

!quote bygame <game name>

Searches for quotes that took place while <game name> was playing and returns a random result. For example: !quote bygame Batman Arkham City

!quote bychannel <channel name>

Searches for quotes that too place in <channel name> and returns a random result. For example: !quote bychannel admiralmemo

!quote bydate <date>

Searches for quotes logged on <date> and returns them. Note: Timezones are a thing. For example: !quote bydate 2016-03-11

!quote add <quote> (author) [date]

MOD ONLY - Adds a quote to the database, returning the ID on a successful add. If the author is not specified, it is assumed to be the person logging the quote, if the date is not specified, it is assumed to be now.
For example:
!quote add This is how quotes work (Anaerin) [2016-03-11]
!quote add Not everything has to be specified [2016-03-12]
!quote add In fact, you can leave everything out.

!quote mod <ID> <quote> (author) [date]

MOD ONLY - Modifies quote # ID. If the Author or Date are not specified, they are not changed.
For example:
!quote mod 2 Now quote 2 has other things (Anaerin) [2016-03-11]
!quote mod 7 You can leave those other arguments off, too.
!quote mod 3 But you must have the ID and the quote text.

!quote del <id>

MOD ONLY - Removes quote #ID from the database. For example: !quote del 6

!quote <search term>

Attempts to do an "intelligent" search, returning a random result where the text, author or game match the specified term. For example: !quote batman

Hopefully, that'll help...

And, incidentally, the source is all up at https://github.com/Anaerin/leg_bot

[UPDATE 2: The Re-Updatening]
As HPBraincase and CantWearHats have their own bots to handle quotes, quoting has been disabled in their channels. If you want/need quoting disabled in yours, let me know (It's on by default, and requires a minor code tweak to disable it for a channel).

[UPDATE 3: More Updates!]
Okay, ghost_of_leg_bot should now support the AWS cluster, if and/or when channels get moved over to it.
The "Uptime" counter has been improved to count all the way up to years (if we have a livestream that lasts longer than 9999 years then my rotting corpse will see about updating the code)
Barks are now callable by API (an HTTP call to http://ghostoflegbot.website/api/channel/<channel name>/barks/<bark name> will return "OK" on success, or "Error" if it can't find a bark of that name). Put this in a hidden element (or call it from JS) in your stream client to fire messages in-chat. Useful for "Find more on Youtube/patreon/whatever" messages and the like.
Antitonic

Postby Antitonic » 20 Mar 2016, 22:05

So... I'm planning on doing a launch day stream of No Man's Sky. Would anyone be interested in co-hosting? Having a PS4 might be preferable, given the party screensharing gets around lag, but otherwise it's not necessary. All that'd be needed is a decent mic. I'd just link Skype, or Google Hangouts, or Discord, or whatever to the stream.

I'm also looking at doing a regular stream again if I can get someone to join me. I don't think I'm personable enough on my own to carry a stream solo, so if there's someone who's interested in that as well, that'd be nice.
lordchron
First Video: does lrr still make friday nights?

Postby lordchron » 31 Mar 2016, 14:22

Who: twitch.tv/lordchronandthedanknugs
When: Varies due to work patters but generally 1200 to 1500 GMT and 2000 to 2300 GMT.
What: A lot of Star Trek Online and odd random things too
Calendar: Do i look that competent?

Return to “General Discussion”