LRR Community Streamer

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Danielle Pepin

Re: LRR Community Streamer

Postby Danielle Pepin » 02 Aug 2015, 19:58

There are plans for me to stream drawing (possibly game related artwork) soonish...but in the meantime:

I do twitch overlays and profile page artwork! If any of you are looking for anything from just a twitch overlay to the full twitch identity package including emoticons you can get a quote from me. To see some examples of previous work you can check out the twitch streams of a few past clients, CaffeinatedLemur and Dix (among the first few people posted on this thread). You can contact me through my site at digitalseahorse.ca for more info or to place order requests. I may also be found in Desert Bus chat often.
Image Image
Click here, receive tweet: http://twitter.com/DaniellePepinAI
J_S_Bach
First Video: I honestly can't remember.

Postby J_S_Bach » 04 Aug 2015, 16:33

How can I add my stream to the Calendar? I've recently started streaming more frequently and am trying to really promote it.

I'm calling the stream "Story Time with Bach" where I play games that are more story focused (Assassin's Creed, Metal Gear Solid, Tomb Raider, etc.) and invite people to chat, discuss the story or themes around the games. I also do bonus streams of trying to beat Batman: Arkham Origins on I Am the Knight difficulty (permadeath mode).

My stream is at www.twitch.tv/j_s_bach
Scheduled time: Wednesdays 10:30pm ADT
Twitter: @matt_brown_bear
Zyme
First Video: The Job

Postby Zyme » 20 Aug 2015, 12:34

I've been getting starting to stream regularly and the plan was to get on the fan calendar.

The game I will be playing are usually grand strategy like those from paradox but also RTS and RPGs will likely be making the rotation.

My stream: www.twitch.tv/zyme86/
Scheduled time: Tuesday/Thursday 3PM
Twitter: @Zyme_1
TStodden
First Video: Checkpoint #067: Final Fantasy Apology
Location: Siouxland Empire, USA, Earth, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way Galaxy

Postby TStodden » 01 Sep 2015, 20:41

I apologize for the disruption of my usual scheduled stream due to a family health situation. My father is in the hospital due to his heart (in a failure state, according to doctors... but he's OK right now), making my usually scheduled stream difficult without disturbing others.

I'll likely be adding special "Too Damn Early" streams to compensate. I'll be updating my calendar entries as needed.

As for those who want to get on the calendar, please contact CaffeinatedLemur with your Google ID (aka Gmail address) to get access. That way you can add your stream to the calendar.
~TStodden
(Going Text based as Photobucket is being a jerk)
Anaerin
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby Anaerin » 13 Sep 2015, 21:19

Oh! Hey! Yeah, guess I should check the Forums more often too.

Yes, I have resurrected leg_bot (as ghost_of_leg_bot) and it's running, with some updates and improvements.

Stats are now dynamic - If you want a stat that isn't there already, you (or a mod in your channel) can use the command:

Code: Select all

!counter add <name> "<singular term>" "<plural term>"

So, for example:

!counter add grimace "grimace-worthy event" "grimace-worthy events"

Similarly, stats can be removed with !counter remove <name>

The URL has changed (obviously) to http://lrrftb.cloudapp.net:3000/

If you would like ghost_of_leg_bot in your channel, you can join it's channel (#ghost_of_leg_bot) and tell it !join. If it is in your channel and you no longer want it's services, join it's channel and say !part.

And finally, the ghost has (many of, but not all, unfortunately - Javascript's Unicode support isn't as good as Python's) lrrbot's anti-spam rules. If you give it mod in your channel, it will attempt to enforce those rules, using a sliding timeout scale - First timeout is 1 seconds, second is 4 seconds, third is 16 seconds, fourth is 64 seconds, and so forth.

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, do feel free to let me know. And if you want to throw a little change my way to cover hosting fees, that would be fantastic.

I am keeping a blog entry up-to-date with all the current news about the ghost, and I'll post here too.

Thanks, and enjoy!
qrpth
First Video: iPotato

Postby qrpth » 14 Sep 2015, 03:00

So some of you might have noticed that LRRbot is now following you. This is because LRRbot now has a real `!live` command, mainly because the URL was quite shady and it didn't include the new streamers. It is automatically adding everyone on the calendar and I have added everyone from leg_bot's list except LRR. If you are not on the calendar and weren't on leg_bot's list you can use `!live register` to register yourself manually.

< qrpth> !explain Desert Bus 2
<@​lrrbot> James Turner
Anaerin

Postby Anaerin » 14 Sep 2015, 21:34

qrpth wrote:So some of you might have noticed that LRRbot is now following you. This is because LRRbot now has a real `!live` command, mainly because the URL was quite shady and it didn't include the new streamers. It is automatically adding everyone on the calendar and I have added everyone from leg_bot's list except LRR. If you are not on the calendar and weren't on leg_bot's list you can use `!live register` to register yourself manually.

I apologize for the "Shadiness" of the URL - currently ghost_of_leg_bot is being hosted on another box. The URL is now available at the regular port (80) as well as 3000 for compatibility (so just plain http://lrrftb.cloudapp.net). If someone wants to donate a domain registration or something, I can give it something a little more official. And, as mentioned, if you're a streamer and you would like ghost_of_leg_bot to follow you, join it's channel and tell it !join.
JBRedPhoenix
First Video: Something along the lines of TTC???

Postby JBRedPhoenix » 14 Sep 2015, 22:43

Sup.
thought I'd drop in.

I'm working on my laptop (because thats all I got) and its testing grounds for gaming!
twitch.tv/JBRedPhoenix

Game: Most likely to be League of Legends unless its stated on title.
When: Tuesday Mornings at 10am

I'll be answering chat via Cellphone, that way I can focus on my game!

FYI: It might lag, JUST FAIR WARNING NOW!!! I DONT HAVE A FULLY DEVOTED PC RIG DUE TO LACK OF FUNDS. I'm starting from square 1 and just going for it.
Something witty goes here...
Current MTG Decks:
Atraxa Superfriends
Opus Thief Breya
Revel In Riches Kess
Big Mana Kruphix
"BICYCLES" Hanna
"Turn Up (Kamen Rider Blade reference)" Kadena

I STREAM! twitch.tv/RedPhoenixCasts
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 15 Sep 2015, 08:08

Anaerin wrote:I apologize for the "Shadiness" of the URL - currently ghost_of_leg_bot is being hosted on another box. The URL is now available at the regular port (80) as well as 3000 for compatibility (so just plain http://lrrftb.cloudapp.net). If someone wants to donate a domain registration or something, I can give it something a little more official. And, as mentioned, if you're a streamer and you would like ghost_of_leg_bot to follow you, join it's channel and tell it !join.
If you need a domain, would lrrcraft.com or dickbutt.pw help? I might need to set up subdomains on them, but still...
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

chetoos
First Video: The Job

Postby chetoos » 15 Sep 2015, 08:13

I'm not a streamer, but I do game let's plays on youtube. I'd love to get some more viewers. I'm nearly done with Spyro Attack of the Rhynocs, and I'd also love feedback on what game to play next, but that'll come in the final video.
My Youtube Channel. Currently, I have a daily series where I play games that I like. Right now, it's Double Dragon Advance. I also have a weekly series where I play as the Archenemy from Duels 2012
Anaerin

Postby Anaerin » 15 Sep 2015, 08:49

AdmiralMemo wrote:
Anaerin wrote:I apologize for the "Shadiness" of the URL - currently ghost_of_leg_bot is being hosted on another box. The URL is now available at the regular port (80) as well as 3000 for compatibility (so just plain http://lrrftb.cloudapp.net). If someone wants to donate a domain registration or something, I can give it something a little more official. And, as mentioned, if you're a streamer and you would like ghost_of_leg_bot to follow you, join it's channel and tell it !join.
If you need a domain, would lrrcraft.com or dickbutt.pw help? I might need to set up subdomains on them, but still...

Thanks for reminding me that other domains are an option. And I found a little spare change in my Paypal. So (When it propagates, should be done in the next 24 hours or so) you can get to the site at http://www.ghostoflegbot.website
[edit]And it's live![/edit]
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 15 Sep 2015, 10:31

OK, so the old URLs still work, though, right? I don't have to massively configure everything on my stream again now, do I?

Anaerin

Postby Anaerin » 15 Sep 2015, 15:55

AdmiralMemo wrote:OK, so the old URLs still work, though, right? I don't have to massively configure everything on my stream again now, do I?

That's right, both sets of URLS (ghostoflegbot.website and lrrftb.cloudapp.net) work the same. I'm also working on a revision where ghost_of_leg_bot watches (though doesn't join) channels that are mentioned on the calendar but that it isn't in. That should help with keeping up-to-date with what fanstreamers there are.

Once I've got that stable (which it seems to be in my dev version), I'll be overhauling the web interface so it fits, and looks prettier.
RedHelveticaCake
First Video: Feed Dump 146
Location: Toronto, floating 4' off the ground, next to a sink

Postby RedHelveticaCake » 15 Sep 2015, 20:07

I'm thinking about trying this 'streaming' thing out, so maybe some of you with experience can give me some pointers on how to not suck, plzkthx?
You can lead an idiot to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 16 Sep 2015, 06:47

I don't stream myself, but some pointers I've picked up from others:
1. Always be talking or doing something, even if nobody's watching or in chat. If someone drops in randomly, you typically have less than 60 seconds to convince them to stick around - and the Twitch delay takes up most of that. By the time you notice someone in chat and respond, they may be gone before hearing you.

2. Have a consistent schedule - people need to know where/when they can find you. Having "themed" slots on your schedule also helps as well - give people an idea of what to expect when they show up (though this is entirely optional, but if there is a specific genre you really enjoy, like horror games or space sims, marketing it for at least one day a week will give you a boost).

3. Control the chat/build a community - You'll want to be swift on the spammers and trolls, and decide early on what type of chat you want. If your chat is anything goes, that's fine, but if you want a more family-friendly stream, you'll need to crack down on that early.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 16 Sep 2015, 07:32

Yeah, I'm guessing my main problems are not doing 1 or 2, since I've been streaming for over a year and have maybe 2 or 3 people I regularly see in Chat.

Well, I do kind of keep talking in FPS's but when I'm playing MtGO, I'm concentrating, so not so much. And maybe I'll get some sort of schedule in when I get my YouTube backlog finished.

And a tip from me: have an overlay. Don't go too splashy or fancy with too much stuff, but just something that "brands" your channel. It can be very simple, like Adam's home stream, but it'll be something that sticks in people's heads.

RedHelveticaCake
First Video: Feed Dump 146
Location: Toronto, floating 4' off the ground, next to a sink

Postby RedHelveticaCake » 16 Sep 2015, 07:51

Thanks for the tips, guys. However, I have no idea how to actually do this one -

3. Control the chat/build a community - You'll want to be swift on the spammers and trolls, and decide early on what type of chat you want. If your chat is anything goes, that's fine, but if you want a more family-friendly stream, you'll need to crack down on that early.

I'll be playing a video game, and trying to have a mostly one-sided conversation about it at the same time. I have no idea how to wield a modhammer while I'm at it too.
You can lead an idiot to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 16 Sep 2015, 09:18

Once you get a few regular viewers, give a couple of them the modhammer and they'll take care of the spammers and trolls for you. The key thing on your end is to set the tone of the stream and of the chat - reminding people when they do something that's not cool.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Antitonic
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Antitonic » 20 Sep 2015, 03:59

So Ghost of Leg_Bot has kept track of all the stats carried over from Leg_Bot classic, correct? Is there a way to get updated totals? I'm putting a lifetime tally into Cathodion and I know I've had some stats added since Leg_Bot finished.
Anaerin

Postby Anaerin » 22 Sep 2015, 11:33

Antitonic wrote:So Ghost of Leg_Bot has kept track of all the stats carried over from Leg_Bot classic, correct? Is there a way to get updated totals? I'm putting a lifetime tally into Cathodion and I know I've had some stats added since Leg_Bot finished.

Yes, ghost_of_leg_bot started out with the DB from leg_bot. So all your stats should be current and up-to-date.
Antitonic

Postby Antitonic » 23 Sep 2015, 03:00

Yes, but is there a way I could know what these current and up-to-date numbers are? Without having to remember the games I've played and checking manually to see if it matches the "lifetime" total of course? :P
Anaerin

Postby Anaerin » 24 Sep 2015, 10:40

Antitonic wrote:Yes, but is there a way I could know what these current and up-to-date numbers are? Without having to remember the games I've played and checking manually to see if it matches the "lifetime" total of course? :P

Not yet. But soon™. In that I'm working on expanding the web interface to show statistics and the like right now.
[edit]I did say I was working on it, right now... http://ghostoflegbot.website/stats/channel/antitonic [/edit]
Anaerin

Postby Anaerin » 29 Sep 2015, 22:22

Hey, look, even more new stuff!

http://ghostoflegbot.website/advice

Get to voting. If anything gets 0 or less, it'll stop being in the rotation. Everything starts with 10 by default. :)
J_S_Bach
First Video: I honestly can't remember.

Postby J_S_Bach » 30 Sep 2015, 15:17

how would I go about getting my stream time put onto the calendar? I've been checking every so often and it doesn't seem that the calendar is getting updated. Has it been abandoned?
Antitonic

Postby Antitonic » 30 Sep 2015, 17:42

J_S_Bach, Zyme, and JBRedPhoenix, I've added your streams to the calendar as best I could. There were some missing details, so if anything needs to change let me know.

Also, if you have a gmail address, you can be added to the calendar so you can change it yourselves :P

Return to “General Discussion”