Anyone here experianced with Sony Vegas?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S
First Video: The Writers Room

Anyone here experianced with Sony Vegas?

Postby Smeghead » 12 Aug 2014, 05:09

So I do a lot of video editing at work in Sony Vegas, and while that has worked well for almost 2 years now; there is one thing that has become the bane of my existence; wrong aspect ratio.

For example; I've loaded up a video file that is 720x576, and I've set the project in the program to have the same aspect. But the video still ends up being somewhat smooched together; as if the file is in 16:9 but is forced into 4:3. And I've gone through all the settings I can find to try to solve the problem but i can't figure it out.
I've also had problems with this before when I've tried to put in pictures that are of a different aspect ratio. 8whereupon I edited the file to fit the aspect outside of SV, yet SV still considers the picture as being of the wrong aspect.

If anyone have any experience on how to fix this, then please do tell me because it is driving me crazy
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Re: Anyone here experianced with Sony Vegas?

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 12 Aug 2014, 05:59

I've been recommended by someone to use Sony Vegas, but working out which version to use and navigate trial usages has intimidated me. I think I will stick with WMM until I upgrade my system (hopefully soonish).
Dicey
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby Dicey » 13 Aug 2014, 15:10

Have you looked at the settings where you can set the pan and zoom key frames? And you're still getting black borders on the side I'm guessing?
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S

Postby Smeghead » 13 Aug 2014, 21:11

Yeah
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S

Postby Smeghead » 14 Aug 2014, 00:52

Ok I think I've managed to solve it for the clip I mentioned as an example (the problem with the pictures remain).
turns out the problem was with the file it self, as the guy who had filmed it had apparently messed around with some of the settings which distorted the video

Return to “General Discussion”